Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,257 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians (30020 Views)

Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians / Power Supply: Don’t Shut Down, Don’t Downsize, Fashola Tells Industrialists / ‘Thank You For Your Prayers’ – President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Atiku2019: 11:13am On Nov 26, 2016
mrsfavour:
Hahahahaha ! is Atiku Ur Name ? Pls dont kill me.

grin cheesy Nope dear
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by IGBOyoruHausa: 11:13am On Nov 26, 2016
[size=28pt]Our no. 1 problem is voting people with military background, I think it is high time we stopped that, pure civilian knows the law with conscience. in the recent time take a look at yaradua and GEG[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Kamanuozuzu: 11:13am On Nov 26, 2016
247frolicboss:
The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, SAN, has stressed the need for Nigeria to develop its own plan capable of effectively addressing the current economic downturn.

Fashola, who spoke while delivering a lecture on “Freedom from Fear, Choices before the New Generation” to mark the 42nd convocation of the University of Benin, Edo State, said that Nigerians must overcome their fears and use their natural resources to create solutions and improve their lives.

While addressing the graduating students, he said, “We will not pray our way out of recession; we will plan and produce our way back to prosperity and out of recession and you are the freshest, youngest and most energetic workforce we will have to work with.

“You are the new batteries to power the engine of growth of our country. Your choices must be clear, free from fear, not reckless but driven by analytical thought, questioning and probing and ultimately determined by convictions.”

According to him, young Nigerians must, like their counterparts in developed countries, free their minds from fear, rather than depend solely on spiritual answers to the problems.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/11/your-prayers-cannot-take-us-out-of.html

When has prayer become an antidote to recession? Hahahaha. I weep for Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by ofeco: 11:25am On Nov 26, 2016
it baffles me how a minister whose responsibility is to evolve feasible policies that will engender development in the country could come out and tell Nigerians that their prayers will not take the country out of recession. As a Christian I believe God can make everything possible by removing those that are occupying positions that they lack the mental capacity to manage giving way for competent people to occupy there by removing our dear country from the claws of recession.

1 Like

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Charly68: 11:38am On Nov 26, 2016
Runaway:
Its becoming real that u guys are incompetent. go to work Mr man and stop talking.
They have no plan to come out of reccession,yet they don't want us to pray to God to deliver us from cluelessness . What is the man saying self?

1 Like

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by basty: 11:43am On Nov 26, 2016
One thing I notice on Nairaland is, most people commenting don't have their opinions. People moderate on what the first, second and third or so commented on. What has Fashola said that warranted him being called minister of darkness. Quote me and you remain where you are.
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 26, 2016
Tell that to your deaf n dumb boss! #change begins with buhari!

1 Like

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Princewell2012(m): 12:06pm On Nov 26, 2016
234GT:
Just like Buhari's lack of direction cannot take us our of recession.

By the way it is in this very government that i began to hear of recession. He should stop crying than the biriefed.
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by precious1967(m): 12:17pm On Nov 26, 2016
lets try curses then.
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by shaddai260: 12:19pm On Nov 26, 2016
...then what's the essence of your praying 5× daily!
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by onomeasike: 12:25pm On Nov 26, 2016
Rayton:

. Shut up..
Go and tell your uncles and parents to shut up first. They are the ones who failed in bringing you up properly to respect your elders
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Yasa: 12:37pm On Nov 26, 2016
Then Fash does not understand the efficacy of prayer. No wonder he is called a Minister of Darkness. How come after over a year we are yet to see any move from any of the three ministries he supretend? He is doomed into oblivion anyway! Yorubas says a river that does not respect its source is doomed to dry up, that is Fash's portion as we can see. I urge you to continue to slip.......

1 Like

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by ebenholer(m): 12:39pm On Nov 26, 2016
He speaks on what he has knowledge about...he forgot to know that the mighty men are not delivered by their much strength.
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by SplendorWhite: 12:39pm On Nov 26, 2016
The Storm promised to come back to the city of Benin and yes, we're back. This time we're offering *FREE DIGITAL TRAINING* to every young person that hits the link below.
We'll teach you how to build a blog, monetize your facebook and make money by doing what you know how to do best_using social media platforms.
Don't be left out, we're raising leaders, we're raising entrepreneurs and we're building nations. From the US all the way to Nigeria, we're breaking frontiers.

Join US :

The Storm 5992 platform link

https:///DoEp7Z1eMqFF2WU2spLWfr
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by sapientia(m): 12:42pm On Nov 26, 2016
Menhhhh... these clowns gat no plans for us ooo..
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by ChikaSunday(m): 12:52pm On Nov 26, 2016
247frolicboss:
The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, SAN, has stressed the need for Nigeria to develop its own plan capable of effectively addressing the current economic downturn.

Fashola, who spoke while delivering a lecture on “Freedom from Fear, Choices before the New Generation” to mark the 42nd convocation of the University of Benin, Edo State, said that Nigerians must overcome their fears and use their natural resources to create solutions and improve their lives.

While addressing the graduating students, he said, “We will not pray our way out of recession; we will plan and produce our way back to prosperity and out of recession and you are the freshest, youngest and most energetic workforce we will have to work with.

“You are the new batteries to power the engine of growth of our country. Your choices must be clear, free from fear, not reckless but driven by analytical thought, questioning and probing and ultimately determined by convictions.”

According to him, young Nigerians must, like their counterparts in developed countries, free their minds from fear, rather than depend solely on spiritual answers to the problems.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/11/your-prayers-cannot-take-us-out-of.html

Hmm, a lawyer is the minister of Power and electrical engineering graduates shortchanged; a lawyer as the minister of works & housing and civil engineering, estate, quantity surveying, landscape graduates all sidelined. I just dey look una with Abubakar Umar eyes.

1 Like

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Yasa: 12:53pm On Nov 26, 2016
BRT do you know it is prayers that has kept us together? If you do not trust prayers then you are an agent of darkness.....no wonder you are called Min Stern if darkness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by stinggy(m): 1:07pm On Nov 26, 2016
Jokerman:
Lol. ..... wen many persons are opening churches and mosques everywhere, how do you want them to think otherwise.....

Imagine where a youth with pour anointing oil on a cockroach rather than hitting it with a shoe or something.....

However minister prayers are important, no country forsakes God and does well...

Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach....

I think Nigeria should be praying for the mercies of God...
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by 4everGrand(m): 1:31pm On Nov 26, 2016
Runaway:
Its becoming real that u guys are incompetent. go to work Mr man and stop talking.

Oga! How do you measure incompetence?

*Be careful of your answer before you show yourself incompetent.
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by AreaFada2: 2:29pm On Nov 26, 2016
At least he knows that much.

The money used in building religious houses in 9ja can take us out of recession if invested to employ the youths.
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Codes151(m): 3:04pm On Nov 26, 2016
Incompetent people
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Gerrard59(m): 3:09pm On Nov 26, 2016
nkowaputa:
A lot of Nigerian youths are entrepreneurial and with passion to succeed but unfortunately our Nigerian state will kill any dream.
I decided to go into pure water production, no bank agreed to give me loan. Even BOI would see my track record before they would consider giving me. What track record? I am just starting. I rallied and got fund from friends and family. Now I have started but in 3 weeks, I have seen PHCN light just twice in that area and the power could not carry my reverse osmosis machine. So day in day out I run on diesel. You may want to know that diesel now sells from 195 to 205.
Just like he has said (fasola), talking won't bring us out of recession either.

True. The power situation is a business killer. I part manage my parents' business and I know how much we spend weekly on diesel. The condition discourages me from delving fully into entrepreneurship. However, no bank will loan you money as a starter. There's no track record. That's where you have Angel Investors, which in your case are your family members, friends etc.

I wish you the very best in your entrepreneurial activity. smiley

Yasa:
[/b]BRT do you know it is prayers that has kept us together?[b] If you do not trust prayers then you are an agent of darkness.....no wonder you are called Min Stern if darkness

Oil not prayers. Albeit, I'm not a fan of the administration. However, Mr Fash is correct. Prayers doesn't solve a problem. Rational thinking and flawless execution does.

"Hands that help are far better than lips that pray." — Robert Ingersoll
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Tonason: 4:05pm On Nov 26, 2016
Our problem is fundamental problem, the system is corrupt system, one thousand years Nigeria Will remain the same until the issues are addressed.
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by ayokellany: 4:35pm On Nov 26, 2016
kingphilip:

Our able minister of darkness how will they not resolve to prayers when they're not given opportunities to fix it

How will they not resolve to prayers when those empowered to fix the economy isn't doing anything to salvage it

Our prayers will only stop when you empower us to fix the economy too or those of you in whose power it is to fix the economy does something drastic about it...

Nigerians say NO to darkness and mediocrity

Vibrant youth across the globe do not wait n lament about being given an opportunity they create opportunities for themselves. Your not being able to create such opportunities only expose your lack of leadership qualities or character.

An old man like Buhari will only affirm he's a dullard if he fought for power with his old age only to bequeath it to a lazy, jobless, thoughtless, unintelligent youth like you simply because you are skilled with the gift of complain and lamentation.

Sorry bro neither empire nor dynasty are built on wailing or lamentation. You need to put your brain to work form alliances n scheme intelligent plan to conquer those in competition with you whether old or young. Failure to outsmart those only tells you not intelligent enough to lead.
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by kingphilip(m): 5:49pm On Nov 26, 2016
ayokellany:

Vibrant youth across the globe do not wait n lament about being given an opportunity they create opportunities for themselves. Your not being able to create such opportunities only expose your lack of leadership qualities or character.

An old man like Buhari will only affirm he's a dullard if he fought for power with his old age only to bequeath it to a lazy, jobless, thoughtless, unintelligent youth like you simply because you are skilled with the gift of complain and lamentation.

Sorry bro neither empire nor dynasty are built on wailing or lamentation. You need to put your brain to work form alliances n scheme intelligent plan to conquer those in competition with you whether old or young. Failure to outsmart those only tells you not intelligent enough to lead.

And I guess to you you made a lot of sense

Can you please tell me the opportunities you've created and how you did them so that I'll toe your path??

Some people who's palm kernel have been cracked by elders shouldn't stand where one who cracked his own himself..

Where's the loan to execute entrepreneurial thinking??

Where is the light to power on those ideas who's main wheel is electricity.. Or you feel we should create the loans ourselves too or you feel we should generate electricity ourselves??

Don't tell me about other means of getting electricity to include wind and water and sun because each of these sources requires very huge amount of money to generate them

Please tell me if these factors are prevalent in the so called youths in other environment you just compared me with..

Don't forget to list those opportunities you personally created yourself

I'll really love to hear from you
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by chernest2002: 6:03pm On Nov 26, 2016
Brainless government
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 6:15pm On Nov 26, 2016
Daboomb:

He spoke well, abi?

Issokay, when it is 7pm, please on your 'i-better-pass' and let the smoke give you cancer and choke your family one by one.

Yea, He spoke well and l am dumb, so l dont understand.

Ekpa!

How interesting.. He was speaking as babatunde fashola in a convocation ceremony.. If u can't separate him from his office. I give up on you.

And you are too quick insult in such large measure.
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Duru009(m): 6:36pm On Nov 26, 2016
Blame game........ ... Part 2
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by blackprowler: 6:45pm On Nov 26, 2016
Jokerman:

However minister prayers are important, no country forsakes God and does well...

Clearly, you're as dumb as hell; typical Nigerian. I wish I could flog the disease out of your heads (millions as you are). Mumu!
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Thobiy(m): 7:28pm On Nov 26, 2016
Jokerman:
Lol. ..... wen many persons are opening churches and mosques everywhere, how do you want them to think otherwise.....

Imagine where a youth with pour anointing oil on a cockroach rather than hitting it with a shoe or something.....

Well said but fashola is also right.
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by xelly: 7:31pm On Nov 26, 2016
You are the new batteries to power the engine of growth of our country.. What's Buhari doing in AsoRock?
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by sevenhundred(m): 8:21pm On Nov 26, 2016
nkowaputa:

How will youths survive in this country? Prayer gives us solace, prayer gives u hope and the strength to move on. Now u want to take that from us?
Just like he has said (fasola), talking won't bring us out of recession either.
then very simple dont buy diesel, dont use ur car to sell ur water, dont think of alternatives to ur problems just keep praying and all problem solved!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Appeals Judgement Freeing Nnamdi Kanu / Bode George: I Wept Hearing Sagay Defending Tinubu On Bullion Vans Allegation / Thugs Working For An Aspirant At Ekiti APC Primary Election Arrested (More Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.