Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

Why I Left Atheism By John N. Clayton - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Left Atheism By John N. Clayton (6497 Views)

TB Joshua: Why I Left South Sudan Quietly Without Thank You In Cash Or Kind / A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman / Why I Left Christ Embassy Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Left Atheism By John N. Clayton by blueAgent(m): 10:41am On Dec 06, 2016
LiberaDeus:

Guy you make me laugh. Let me debunk your points one by one.

1. You say gods are referenced through material things. Sorry to burst your bubble, Zeus is not worshipped through any idol, Allah is not and has never been worshipped by any idol. The Catholics have statues of Christ and pray before that statue.
The cattles that the Indians revere do not refer or represent their major supreme being which is Brahman. The cattles represent lesser gods. Brahman is not worshipped through idols but if you claim so then I can say Jehovah is worshipped through idols, the old testament Jews had an ark of the covenant which can be called an idol, Christians also have statues of Mary, Christ etc.

The only religion that has no idols is Islam.

2. What are you even saying about origins. Even the amadioha priest in my village can tell you how amadioha created the world. All religions have stories of how the world began. Zoroastrianism had it before Christianity, the Greek religions had an earlier creation story than Christians or even Jews and their story has been used to create movies like clash of the titans, Ifa religion has a creation story. Hindus have theirs, Chinese have theirs also. So your claim is so false that I can't even imagine why you would make it.

3. Please tell me any specific prophecy in the bible that has been fulfilled. Even the most important messianic prophecies have not been fulfilled that's why the Jews reject your Jesus.

4. Any solution you feel Christianity has given then I can tell you that others have given such solutions.

Guy your claims are not befitting of a forum like this.

The Ark of testament in the old testament was not an Idol. it was never a symbol of worship. muslims worship and bow to the black stone in mecca.
I have said it several times that Catholics. is the Babaylon prophiesed by the Bible long ago. it was the catholic church that brought worship of Mary and pagan customs in christainity.
All other creation accounts still endup as myths and most defy logic.

You can google about fullfilled Bible prophecies.
www.stevenmcollins.com/html/usa_in_prophecy.html

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Atheism By John N. Clayton by hopefulLandlord: 11:55am On Dec 06, 2016
blueAgent:

What is the ingnorance?
Can you give me creation account and other accounts from other religeons that is consistent?

kindly do as I told you and you'll see them
Re: Why I Left Atheism By John N. Clayton by Onechancearmy(m): 12:00pm On Dec 06, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Aren't you the one who Seun Osewa (of all people) unmasked as a fake former pastor who allegedly became an atheist?
Re: Why I Left Atheism By John N. Clayton by hopefulLandlord: 12:06pm On Dec 06, 2016
Onechancearmy:

Aren't you the one who Seun Osewa (of all people) unmasked as a fake former pastor who allegedly became an atheist?

here I am wondering what that's got to do with the discussion at hand undecided
Re: Why I Left Atheism By John N. Clayton by Onechancearmy(m): 12:08pm On Dec 06, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

here I am wondering what that's got to do with the discussion at hand undecided

You've got credibility issues
Re: Why I Left Atheism By John N. Clayton by LiberaDeus: 12:15pm On Dec 06, 2016
blueAgent:

The Ark of testament in the old testament was not an Idol. it was never a symbol of worship. muslims worship and bow to the black stone in mecca.
I have said it several times that Catholics. is the Babaylon prophiesed by the Bible long ago. it was the catholic church that brought worship of Mary and pagan customs in christainity.
All other creation accounts still endup as myths and most defy logic.

You can google about fullfilled Bible prophecies.
www.stevenmcollins.com/html/usa_in_prophecy.html

Stop lying to prove a point.
If Muslim worship the black stone then Catholics worship the Madonna statue.

I am not a Muslim but I know fully well that Muslims believe that there is no god but god. They also believe that he can't be known fully, his form can't be defined and it is a taboo or banned for any Muslim to make any image or representation of Allah.

Stop defaming other religions. There is no major religion that worships an animal or idol, they just use them as symbols just like Catholics.
Re: Why I Left Atheism By John N. Clayton by hopefulLandlord: 12:25pm On Dec 06, 2016
Onechancearmy:

You've got credibility issues

maybe that's why I told Blueagent to check things out for himself, don't you think?
Re: Why I Left Atheism By John N. Clayton by EyeHateGod: 12:34pm On Dec 06, 2016
LiberaDeus:

You mean Madonna the musician?
Re: Why I Left Atheism By John N. Clayton by LiberaDeus: 3:18pm On Dec 06, 2016
EyeHateGod:

You mean Madonna the musician?

Nah, I meant the virgin Mary.
Re: Why I Left Atheism By John N. Clayton by EyeHateGod: 3:21pm On Dec 06, 2016
LiberaDeus:

Nah, I meant the virgin Mary.
Lol who named Mary Madonna?
Re: Why I Left Atheism By John N. Clayton by blueAgent(m): 9:57am On Dec 07, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I like i have said before i have read about other religeons and nothing factual.
You can give examples.
Re: Why I Left Atheism By John N. Clayton by blueAgent(m): 10:08am On Dec 07, 2016
LiberaDeus:

I am not a Muslim but I know fully well that Muslims believe that there is no god but god. They also believe that he can't be known fully, his form can't be defined and it is a taboo or banned for any Muslim to make any image or representation of Allah.

Stop defaming other religions. There is no major religion that worships an animal or idol, they just use them as symbols just like Catholics.

Like i said before Catholics brought most of pagan traditions into christainity,so you cannot use them as a yardstick to judge christains.you will understand me better if you have knowledge about Bible propheices

All other religeons believe in polytheism and worship several objects,animals or things. but christains worship the creator and not the creatures.
Re: Why I Left Atheism By John N. Clayton by LiberaDeus: 12:02pm On Dec 07, 2016
blueAgent:

Like i said before Catholics brought most of pagan traditions into christainity,so you cannot use them as a yardstick to judge christains.you will understand me better if you have knowledge about Bible propheices

All other religeons believe in polytheism and worship several objects,animals or things. but christains worship the creator and not the creatures.

Do you use holy water?

Do you use rosaries?

Do you have portraits of Jesus hanging in your church?

If you do any of the above then you are an idolater based on your logic

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Atheism By John N. Clayton by blueAgent(m): 6:05pm On Dec 07, 2016
LiberaDeus:

Do you use holy water?
Do you use rosaries?
Do you have portraits of Jesus hanging in your church?
If you do any of the above then you are an idolater based on your logic

I don't do any of them. and the Bible condemes such act.
Re: Why I Left Atheism By John N. Clayton by felixomor: 1:17pm On Dec 09, 2016
blueAgent:

Only their Expolsion leads to creation.may be Boko Haram has to explain. to us their own type of Expolsion.

Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sons & Daughters of Lucifer show yourself / Pastor Kumuyi And Wife / Ishmael Or Isaac? The Koran Or The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.