Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,704 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

I Approved DSS Raids & Arrest Of Judges - AGF, Malami Abubakar Says - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Approved DSS Raids & Arrest Of Judges - AGF, Malami Abubakar Says (12607 Views)

Buhari Ordered AGF Malami To Meet With Me, Ensure My Reinstatement – Maina / DSS Raids Pencom Office In Abuja As Anohu-amazu Goes Into Hiding / AGF, Malami Appears Before Senate This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Approved DSS Raids & Arrest Of Judges - AGF, Malami Abubakar Says by Young03(m): 8:54am On Nov 30, 2016
u did well
Re: I Approved DSS Raids & Arrest Of Judges - AGF, Malami Abubakar Says by Afamcy: 9:06am On Nov 30, 2016
Three GBOZA for u GBOZA! GBOZA!! GBOZAAAAA!!!
Re: I Approved DSS Raids & Arrest Of Judges - AGF, Malami Abubakar Says by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 30, 2016
sarrki:
You did the right thing

God bless you sire

More of it

Nobody should come and preach rule of law

Hypocrisy is when you preach rule of law to defend a

Criminal.

Don't forget we aren't matured for rule of law

What I know and believe strongly is

We are matured for rule of engagement

...nobody is above the law...but why is he coming out now to say this.? going to two months know, if not three.....backdoor meeting
Re: I Approved DSS Raids & Arrest Of Judges - AGF, Malami Abubakar Says by yekparikpa(m): 9:16am On Nov 30, 2016
Re: I Approved DSS Raids & Arrest Of Judges - AGF, Malami Abubakar Says by dougivilla(m): 9:17am On Nov 30, 2016
Did any body notice that the AG said petitions involving Financial crimes were first written to him and he directed the petitioners to re-route same to the EFCC and NJC? Is that the new format?

Which petitioner directs petitions involving financial crimes to the Attorney General........ and why did the AG direct the DSS, ........ not the ICPC or EFCC or even the regular NPF to carry out the so called sting?? When will the prosecution (not all these naming and shaming aka media trial) start?

What is difficult in a petitioner obtaining an affidavit?? Not even the IG or the affected states' commissioners of police were involved/informed. The implication here is that like PMB, the AG only trusts the DSS to do what they need them to do.

These people are simply shameless.

1 Like

Re: I Approved DSS Raids & Arrest Of Judges - AGF, Malami Abubakar Says by ReubenE(m): 9:18am On Nov 30, 2016
sarrki:
You did the right thing

God bless you sire

More of it

Criminal.

your submission here is myopic I must say. No offence intended.
When will Nigeria n Nigerians be ripe enough for rule of law to hold sway? It is only when we practice it that the maturity you mentioned will be perfected.

Malami is just doing window dressing like every other legal practictioner.
Financial crimes fall within the purview and work description of the EFCC, therefore should be carried along whether other agencies of the state is prosecuting the said crime.
Study FBI, CIA, Homeland etc they all work together but at the same time, understands when each one is to lead the pack.
Re: I Approved DSS Raids & Arrest Of Judges - AGF, Malami Abubakar Says by ULTIMATECYCLE1: 9:39am On Nov 30, 2016
good will help us
Re: I Approved DSS Raids & Arrest Of Judges - AGF, Malami Abubakar Says by kassy777: 9:47am On Nov 30, 2016
sarrki:
You did the right thing
God bless you sire
More of it
Criminal.
I hear you. No rule of law. I spit on Nigeria.
Re: I Approved DSS Raids & Arrest Of Judges - AGF, Malami Abubakar Says by Omeokachie: 10:00am On Nov 30, 2016
Malami feeling like Rambo.
Buhari's tenure will end someday and you will have judges to contend with.
Re: I Approved DSS Raids & Arrest Of Judges - AGF, Malami Abubakar Says by sarrki(m): 10:00am On Nov 30, 2016
yekparikpa:
I always follow your post. What do you have to say about the purported data increments?

I don't support anything that will

Bring hardship to the populace
Re: I Approved DSS Raids & Arrest Of Judges - AGF, Malami Abubakar Says by sarrki(m): 10:02am On Nov 30, 2016
ReubenE:
When will Nigeria n Nigerians be ripe enough for rule of law to hold sway? It is only when we practice it that the maturity you mentioned will be perfected.

Financial crimes fall within the purview and work description of the EFCC, therefore should be carried along whether other agencies of the state is prosecuting the said crime.
Study FBI, CIA, Homeland etc they all work together but at the same time, understands when each one is to lead the pack.

Brother you are talking of a sane society

We aren't matured for that

When that time comes we deal with it

For now let's do with this
Re: I Approved DSS Raids & Arrest Of Judges - AGF, Malami Abubakar Says by ashjay001(m): 10:07am On Nov 30, 2016
ReubenE:

Study what crap? No offense intended!

Since when did Judges in d US amass such funds in private vaults? I read recently, of a judge in d US who was arrested, sacked and disgraced for trying to induce a supposedly friendly enforcement officer with a pack of beer!

A pack of beer not 30m naira in cash, stuffed into a toilet! Pls, carry ur gentrification n biased comparism go America!
Re: I Approved DSS Raids & Arrest Of Judges - AGF, Malami Abubakar Says by ashjay001(m): 10:10am On Nov 30, 2016
Omeokachie:
Malami feeling like Rambo.

Buhari's tenure will end someday and you will have judges to contend with.

Thats d bloody prob with ds country!

SENTIMENTS!

Whats so hard about treating a case or situation on merit?!
Re: I Approved DSS Raids & Arrest Of Judges - AGF, Malami Abubakar Says by sunkoye: 10:16am On Nov 30, 2016
Paperwhite:
Keep on displaying your stupidity to support lawlessness in order to satisfy a lawless president.Where in the world have you heard it been done that way-FBI involving in financial crime? BTW,who have been convicted so far? Meanwhile BH is killing our precious forces with no intelligent Intel on how how to unravel this mysterious trend.It's a pity. cry cry
its you dat is displaying acute ignorance oh. you dont have to be overly assertive on what you dont know.

Financial Crimes Report 2010-2011

Financial Crimes Report to the Public

Fiscal Years 2010-2011
(October 1, 2009 – September 30, 2011)

Overview and Priorities: The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) investigates matters relating to fraud, theft, or embezzlement occurring within or against the national and international financial community. These crimes are characterized by deceit, concealment, or violation of trust and are not dependent upon the application or threat of physical force or violence. Such acts are committed by individuals and organizations to obtain personal or business advantage. The FBI focuses its financial crimes investigations on such criminal activities as corporate fraud, securities and commodities fraud, health care fraud, financial institution fraud, mortgage fraud, insurance fraud, mass marketing fraud, and money laundering. These are the identified priority crime problem areas of the Financial Crimes Section (FCS) of the FBI.

Mission: The mission of the FCS is to oversee the investigation of financial fraud and to facilitate the forfeiture of assets from those engaging in federal crimes.

https://www.google.com.ng/url?url=https://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/financial-crimes-report-2010-2011&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwi-tcuAkdDQAhWHwBQKHSj6Cp4QFggZMAE&sig2=0Z__anxv7REymbPJxVzkDQ&usg=AFQjCNEXMUnC6CUsD0lPMqLvSGsGsO-1Ew
Re: I Approved DSS Raids & Arrest Of Judges - AGF, Malami Abubakar Says by Koolking(m): 10:29am On Nov 30, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:

http://punchng.com/approved-dss-raids-arrest-judges-agf/

Citing Section 15 (5) of the 1999 Constitution, he stated that the state had a responsibility to halt all acts of corruption and could deploy any agency with the capacity to achieve that purpose.

I couldn't agree more to the above.
Corrupt Nigerians don't understand the phrase "Rule of Law". They understand it to mean, an excuse, an impunity to steal, an authority to misdemean as public officer holder.

Thumbs up Mr. Minister for your courage and bravely. Your loyalty and service are to the people not a few common criminals.
We well meaning Nigerians are with you intoto. Ride on Sir
Re: I Approved DSS Raids & Arrest Of Judges - AGF, Malami Abubakar Says by Boyooosa(m): 10:34am On Nov 30, 2016
“I had no objection that the operation would be carried out at night because I have taken time to go through the administration of Criminal Justice Act and I was convinced that this operation can be conducted at any hour, any moment without restriction.
THAAAANKU!
Re: I Approved DSS Raids & Arrest Of Judges - AGF, Malami Abubakar Says by hedonistic: 10:40am On Nov 30, 2016
Some people fail to learn from history.

You're feeling like a demi god now that you're in power. Soon you would relinquish the position and only then would you realise how the cookie crumbles.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Approved DSS Raids & Arrest Of Judges - AGF, Malami Abubakar Says by oldninja(m): 11:07am On Nov 30, 2016
dougivilla:
Did any body notice that the AG said petitions involving Financial crimes were first written to him and he directed the petitioners to re-route same to the EFCC and NJC? Is that the new format?

Which petitioner directs petitions involving financial crimes to the Attorney General........ and why did the AG direct the DSS, ........ not the ICPC or EFCC or even the regular NPF to carry out the so called sting?? When will the prosecution (not all these naming and shaming aka media trial) start?

What is difficult in a petitioner obtaining an affidavit?? Not even the IG or the affected states' commissioners of police were involved/informed. The implication here is that like PMB, the AG only trusts the DSS to do what they need them to do.

These people are simply shameless.

What is all this hue and cry all about? What's wrong with the Police, Army, DSS, EFCC, ICPC etc arresting anyone for a crime suspected to have been committed? Abi since the arrest wasn't made by EFCC or ICPC the judges are innocent of the accusations?
It's appalling the basis for criticisms in this country. There are better issues to criticise!
Re: I Approved DSS Raids & Arrest Of Judges - AGF, Malami Abubakar Says by Saintremmy8(m): 11:43am On Nov 30, 2016
Smile* wht goes around comes around, only but one day!!!
Re: I Approved DSS Raids & Arrest Of Judges - AGF, Malami Abubakar Says by bart10: 4:22pm On Nov 30, 2016
This Government has broken all rules hiding under "fighting corruption" while the economy has gone aground. This Malami of a guy is an ethnic bigot. Only southerners are corrupt in his blind eyes! Kwontinue u hear..
Re: I Approved DSS Raids & Arrest Of Judges - AGF, Malami Abubakar Says by bart10: 4:26pm On Nov 30, 2016
dokiOloye:
Keep using DSS to do EFCC's work.
Meanwhile,boko haram has been killing Nigerians for more than 7yrs and DSS has not been able to infiltrate it,nor decipher their sponsors nor source of arms.

You be sharp guy! I wish this Malami guy had half your brain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Approved DSS Raids & Arrest Of Judges - AGF, Malami Abubakar Says by naija2dabone(m): 4:34pm On Nov 30, 2016
sarrki:
You did the right thing

God bless you sire

More of it

Criminal.

Ignorance is the inability to differentiate between an accused and a convict.

The truth that no one to hear is that this honourable justices refused to do the bidding of Amaechi and his "oga de vex oo"
Re: I Approved DSS Raids & Arrest Of Judges - AGF, Malami Abubakar Says by brojoshua: 4:44pm On Nov 30, 2016
I, an ordinary citizen, also approve of it and let me also be prosecuted if I am found corrupt and wicked. Let justice and judgment be executed against any any offending Nigerian equally whether rich or poor, illiterate or educated, leaders or followers
Re: I Approved DSS Raids & Arrest Of Judges - AGF, Malami Abubakar Says by ReubenE(m): 5:16pm On Nov 30, 2016
sarrki:

Brother you are talking of a sane society

We aren't matured for that

When that time comes we deal with it

For now let's do with this
ok sir, if you say so.
But things should be done the proper way....
Re: I Approved DSS Raids & Arrest Of Judges - AGF, Malami Abubakar Says by ReubenE(m): 5:26pm On Nov 30, 2016
[quote author=ashjay001 post=51505584]

Study what crap? No offense intended!

Since when did Judges in d US amass such funds in private vaults? I read recently, of a judge in d US who was arrested, sacked and disgraced for trying to induce a supposedly friendly enforcement officer with a pack of beer!

A pack of beer not 30m naira in cash, stuffed into a toilet! Pls, carry ur gentrification n biased comparism go America![/quote
Being biased in my comparison is your understanding and interpretation, I don't know if I am.
I am not arguing whether the individuals involved are guilty or not. Mine is just for things to be done properly, after all its for the benefit of everyone.
The judges were not armed, if I remember. Therefore, dss was not needed to invade their houses in a commando style.
That's just my view. Thank you
Re: I Approved DSS Raids & Arrest Of Judges - AGF, Malami Abubakar Says by ReubenE(m): 5:36pm On Nov 30, 2016
sunkoye:
its you dat is displaying acute ignorance oh. you dont have to be overly assertive on what you dont know.

Financial Crimes Report 2010-2011

Financial Crimes Report to the Public

Fiscal Years 2010-2011
(October 1, 2009 – September 30, 2011)

Overview and Priorities: The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) investigates matters relating to fraud, theft, or embezzlement occurring within or against the national and international financial community. These crimes are characterized by deceit, concealment, or violation of trust and are not dependent upon the application or threat of physical force or violence. Such acts are committed by individuals and organizations to obtain personal or business advantage. The FBI focuses its financial crimes investigations on such criminal activities as corporate fraud, securities and commodities fraud, health care fraud, financial institution fraud, mortgage fraud, insurance fraud, mass marketing fraud, and money laundering. These are the identified priority crime problem areas of the Financial Crimes Section (FCS) of the FBI.

Mission: The mission of the FCS is to oversee the investigation of financial fraud and to facilitate the forfeiture of assets from those engaging in federal crimes.

https://www.google.com.ng/url?url=https://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/financial-crimes-report-2010-2011&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwi-tcuAkdDQAhWHwBQKHSj6Cp4QFggZMAE&sig2=0Z__anxv7REymbPJxVzkDQ&usg=AFQjCNEXMUnC6CUsD0lPMqLvSGsGsO-1Ew
You are right about the FBI investigating and prosecuting financial crimes. They do that because it falls within their jurisdiction.

That cannot be said for what the dss did over here. Security agencies should learn to do things properly. Dss is just overzealous.
Forgive my brother you mentioned for not giving you the right comparison
Re: I Approved DSS Raids & Arrest Of Judges - AGF, Malami Abubakar Says by basadenet: 6:54pm On Nov 30, 2016
It is because the yeye Mallam was reprimanded for misconduct hence resort to take revenge against justice ademola. Nothing is permanent in this world, Mallam thread softly.
Re: I Approved DSS Raids & Arrest Of Judges - AGF, Malami Abubakar Says by Ribaman(m): 8:00pm On Nov 30, 2016
Your position is right.
One question though, haven't you noticed that there are 2 trials going on? The media trial and the real trial?

SillyMods:
We asked the judges, the lawyers and defenders of corrupt judges to clearly state the part of our Constitution that was breached in the DSS raid. Till date, NO ONE has been able to give an answer.

When looters steal our common wealth, they don't think of the rule of law they break in committing the crime.

They use a fraction of their loots to compromise the judges who are suppose to punish them for their crime, neither the bribed judges nor the looters consider the laws they're breaking.

And when we're lucky to have a president who is ready to bring looters to justice through any means necessary, they and their shameless supporters start to talk of one useless rule of law.

If there are no other reasons apart from the fight against corruption and insurgency to campaign for Buhari in 2019 , those two are enough for me to do so.
Re: I Approved DSS Raids & Arrest Of Judges - AGF, Malami Abubakar Says by aminho(m): 8:59am On Dec 01, 2016
Paperwhite:
Keep on displaying your stupidity to support lawlessness in order to satisfy a lawless president.Where in the world have you heard it been done that way-FBI involving in financial crime? BTW,who have been convicted so far? Meanwhile BH is killing our precious forces with no intelligent Intel on how how to unravel this mysterious trend.It's a pity. cry cry
excuse me sir but FBi is involved in financial crimes,it has a department called white collar crimes
They are in charge of that

(1) (2) (Reply)

Count Edo Out Of Mega Party, We Are With Buhari – Idahosa / Tenure Extension: APC To Hold Fresh NEC Meeting / BREAKING!!! Governor Sanwo-olu Signs 2019 Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.