Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,971 members, 7,810,689 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? (22217 Views)

The Law, The Husband, The Wife Or The Man, Who Is To Blame For This? (snapshots) / My Neighbour's Wife Peeps Through My Door, Should I Report To The Husband? / Could My Husband Be Having An Affair? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by na2day2(m): 12:06am On Nov 15, 2009
Fhemmmy:

it is not possible, on a monthly/yearly/weekly/daily basis, one will outspend the other

define out spend? she spending my money or me spending on her which is technically the same grin grin grin
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Fhemmmy: 2:14am On Nov 15, 2009
This is what i mean.
A man makes 100o$ a month.
The woman makes 800$ a month.
The man pays 500$ on mortgage, the woman spends 500% on household stuff.
The husband paid 100$ for gas into the vehicles.
The woman spends 100$ to make her hair.

Tell me who outspend the other, who spent more?
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Nobody: 6:19am On Nov 15, 2009
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Fhemmmy: 6:27am On Nov 15, 2009
That is what i thot as well.
As per my figures above, i will say the woman spent more than the man, cos the woman makes less, so per income, she out spent the husband.
Now with all that being said, the bottom line is this, the money belongs to both and doesnt matter who spent more. grin
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by na2day2(m): 6:41am On Nov 15, 2009
Fhemmmy:

This is what i mean.
A man makes 100o$ a month.
The woman makes 800$ a month.
The man pays 500$ on mortgage, the woman spends 500% on household stuff.
The husband paid 100$ for gas into the vehicles.
The woman spends 100$ to make her hair.

Tell me who outspend the other, who spent more?

dunit! this is going to be a hard one, let me think [img]http://4.bp..com/_6q-f-zD4xPY/SswzPZFQi7I/AAAAAAAASRU/SBwBSYbPvm0/s200/moronSmiley.jpg[/img]
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Sissy3(f): 8:20am On Nov 15, 2009
if the wife is a house wife, then all house chores should be her responsibility including cooking and taking care of the kids, the man shouldn't do any house work but he should just focus on making money, correct?

isnt dat the duty of 99.99% women in the home anyways. so whats difference does it make?

beingme:

marriage and finance. house wife to me is a over burden on the husband and 100% responsible for the bills.

why should an able woman sit @ home doing nothing in the name of house wife and stories? making and turning the man into a slave in making money and herself- spender of money

dont be quick to cock the gun. remember these so called "slave men" you are supposedly defending here ask/want/DEMAND that their wives stay at home and take of the family. and usually martial problems arise when the woman refuses to oblige to the housewife duty.

so, dont just cock n shoot the gun yet.  know the reasons behind why most/many women stay at home before you label
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by na2day2(m): 8:26am On Nov 15, 2009
~Sissy~:

isnt dat the duty of 99.99% women in the home anyways. so whats difference does it make?

the point is women of nowdays dont do that no more
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Sissy3(f): 8:29am On Nov 15, 2009
na2day?:

the point is women of nowdays dont do that no more

you know dats not true
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by na2day2(m): 8:37am On Nov 15, 2009
~Sissy~:

you know dats not true

very true ooo and they are still just after our money. check this signature out

"A man w/o money is w/o sense, if you have sense go n make d money"
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Sissy3(f): 8:42am On Nov 15, 2009
na2day?:

very true ooo and they are still just after our money. check this signature out

"A man w/o money is w/o sense, if you have sense go n make d money"

roflmao!!. you dey craze no b small cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by na2day2(m): 8:43am On Nov 15, 2009
~Sissy~:

roflmao!!. you dey craze no b small cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

i learn from the best wink wink wink
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by chrisj2(m): 11:31am On Nov 15, 2009
BTW, I did my original calculation wrong on the £3000/month. Yes, Doctors do get more than £40k a year in the UK but the average wage in the UK is around 20K (poss more like £15,000 if you take off the 1% mega-earners.

So given the figure above, most people are earn a lot less than £40k whether in Nigeria or elsewhere. You know some comfortable people but I dont think they are representative unless this is just hypothetical debate - not exactly what the original posted about. It is about some 'women' that think the men are their meal ticket,

Fhemmy, you must be very chilvarous or not quite financially savvy (sorry to say). You want to pay all the bills and then allow your wife to save hers for the rainy day I would not trust any woman to that degree not just as regards her honesty but the ability to manage money. Given what I know about Nigerian women, the money will be wasted esp on other people and poor buys,

Tell me you are married, fhemmy then I might believe you.
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 15, 2009
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Fhemmmy: 12:37am On Nov 16, 2009
chris_j:

BTW, I did my original calculation wrong on the £3000/month. Yes, Doctors do get more than £40k a year in the UK but the average wage in the UK is around 20K (poss more like £15,000 if you take off the 1% mega-earners.

So given the figure above, most people are earn a lot less than £40k whether in Nigeria or elsewhere. You know some comfortable people but I dont think they are representative unless this is just hypothetical debate - not exactly what the original posted about. It is about some 'women' that think the men are their meal ticket,

[size=18pt]Fhemmy, you must be very chilvarous or not quite financially savvy (sorry to say). You want to pay all the bills and then allow your wife to save hers for the rainy day I would not trust any woman to that degree not just as regards her honesty but the ability to manage money. Given what I know about Nigerian women, the money will be wasted esp on other people and poor buys,

Tell me you are married, fhemmy then I might believe you.
[/size]

Let us be real.
Say you make money and you used 50% on Rent/Mortgage and to make the house aiight.
Spend another 20% on other stuff around the house, now as a man, what will u do with the 30% that remains . . . . pls be honest.
Most ladies are more prudent and good with money that most men.
Someone like myself, that is when i will remember that i shd have BBQ every weekend just to have fun, but a woman will keep the money and when there is a need for it, when you feel like changing the car, and there is no money, that is when the woman will remind you of the money she has been saving, that is what i called a virtuous woman, however, u need to note . . . .there are some women that are terrible with money, so it is all about knowing your woman and knowing who you with . . . .who she is will determine how you deal with it.
Like yo have said, u dont trust any woman with your money like that . . . . . sad, cos u sleep on same bed with same woman, meaning u trust her with your life, but cant trust her with your money?
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Fhemmmy: 12:39am On Nov 16, 2009
chaircover:

Why not? Femi is a modern man, besides the rainy day is going to affect them both isnt it? [size=18pt]Does it matter who supplys the umbrella on the rainy day. Afterall, they are one. [/size]

I love that expression, and i will start the usage of it.
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Okijajuju1(m): 12:56am On Nov 16, 2009
MAN = Bread winner

And man shall not live by bread alone, so, who provides the other stuff that goes with the bread??

ANSWER'; WOMAN. grin

@ Topic

NO.
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by na2day2(m): 2:19am On Nov 16, 2009
Okija_juju:

MAN = Bread winner

And man shall not live by bread alone, so, who provides the other stuff that goes with the bread??

ANSWER'; WOMAN. grin

@ Topic

NO.

LMAO! grin grin grin

Fhemmmy:

Let us be real.
Say you make money and you used 50% on Rent/Mortgage and to make the house aiight.
Spend another 20% on other stuff around the house, now as a man, what will u do with the 30% that remains . . . . pls be honest.
Most ladies are more prudent and good with money that most men.
Someone like myself, that is when i will remember that i shd have BBQ every weekend just to have fun, but a woman will keep the money and when there is a need for it, when you feel like changing the car, and there is no money, that is when the woman will remind you of the money she has been saving, that is what i called a virtuous woman, however, u need to note . . . .there are some women that are terrible with money, so it is all about knowing your woman and knowing who you with . . . .who she is will determine how you deal with it.
Like yo have said, u dont trust any woman with your money like that . . . . . sad, cos u sleep on same bed with same woman, meaning u trust her with your life, but cant trust her with your money?

i beg to differ
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Fhemmmy: 2:21am On Nov 16, 2009
^^^ i never said all, i said most, at least better than we, men
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by na2day2(m): 3:00am On Nov 16, 2009
Fhemmmy:

^^^ i never said all, i said most, at least better than we, men

what kind of men have u been hanging around with? undecided undecided
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:10am On Nov 16, 2009
I kinda agree wit fhemmy
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by SeanT21(f): 7:59am On Nov 16, 2009
Why should the husband be responsible for everything If the woman is working, what use will her money be?

Everything is 50-50. Both are responsible
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by na2day2(m): 8:01am On Nov 16, 2009
SeanT21:

Why should the husband be responsible for everything If the woman is working, what use will her money be?

Everything is 50-50. Both are responsible

true true, u are my sister. big hugz kiss kiss kiss
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by chrisj2(m): 1:01pm On Nov 16, 2009
fhemmy lives abroad so I can sort of understand the metro-sexual tendencies. On the one hand mr newman complains about some women sitting at home watching TV - not that many in Nigeria (gossiping probably but not watching soaps for the; and where is the electricity average nja to watch TV in the morning?) On the other hand, he is willing to entrust his wife spare cash just in case he or they need a new car?

I did say I am not talking about honesty/trust but the ability of most nigerian women (or women in general) to keep large amount of spare money. Women naturally spend more than men (even if they are prudent) - they are the types that buy things they dont really need, that does not fit them, things that their friends have and will change the curtains, carpets, fridges etc every so often if they just feel like it. On top of that, add the Nigerian scenario where the husband also takes care of the in-laws and has to look the part and show off. A typical woman will simply use the accumulated money for some of the above and even more. My family members will certainly do that!'

fhemmy - yes, you might spend on barbeques, gadgets, expensive watches or so I suppose that is from your spare cash - not necessarily at the denial of family essentials. fhemmy sounds like a mummy boy and one from a comfortable family (no offence) - the real nja world is not as you paint. So, mr head of house does not want to do financial/investment roles in the house cause he does not trust himself with money.
So, everytime you sleep with someone you entrust them with your life - Come On!
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by blackcat1: 1:25pm On Nov 16, 2009
If men are not ready to share in the household chores then they should not expect women to share in the expenses. QED
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 16, 2009
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by chrisj2(m): 2:58pm On Nov 16, 2009
chaircover - yes, discussions on a forum will tend to be of a generalisation type or stereotypical.

Its fhemmy scenario that I am talking about. Women are not all bad spenders or cannot be trusted with money or financial dealings. But mr fhemmy is saying that in situation where the man and woman are roughly equally comfortable in terms of earnings; that the man should pay for everything and that the woman's money should be left for the rainy day. And that when the family need to spend big, the man (so-called head of the family) should go to the woman for that money - it does not make sense to me.

In a situation where the family income is not heavily skewed in favour of the man, a man will not likely go and spend his money on huge gadgets live TV without consultation. At least the family will watch the TV together.

I talk about UK but have also tried to give the typical situation of the lower/middle classes that I know in Nigeria. Will a woman even countenance such a scenario where the man saves his money and they spend all the woman's money - nah!

A lot of women like shopping even if they dont need the things they big - that is a fact all over the world. Add the fact that we are talking here spare cash and typical nja family dependence then the woman has to be a very good exception.
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by beingme(f): 3:29pm On Nov 16, 2009
sissy the gun is in here ready to be shot. the truth is that u that knows the reason why women sit @ home in the name of house wife(s) should let it out to us for a better understanding.

its quite understanding so let me hear ur reason for ur post
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Fhemmmy: 5:26am On Nov 17, 2009
chris_j:

fhemmy lives abroad so I can sort of understand the metro-sexual tendencies. On the one hand mr newman complains about some women sitting at home watching TV - not that many in Nigeria (gossiping probably but not watching soaps for the; and where is the electricity average nja to watch TV in the morning?) On the other hand, he is willing to entrust his wife spare cash just in case he or they need a new car?

My man, i will entrust most of my money into my woman's hands.
Pls note that while i was talking about woman watching soap and all that, i never made a specific mention of my own woman, cos in life we get to chose who we date, marry and hang with, unlike our parents, cos we never get to chose all those, it was God's will.
So after dating and all that, i will surely trust my money, my life and all into the hands of a woman that i said i love, a woman that i said is mine, cos for me to have said she is my woman, it means, she has passed all the test of being my bad mate, she has passed the level of being my toy and all that, and now she is my WOMAN . . . .she is now the "WO" behind my MAN.

chris_j:

I did say I am not talking about honesty/trust but the ability of most nigerian women (or women in general) to keep large amount of spare money. Women naturally spend more than men (even if they are prudent) - they are the types that buy things they dont really need, that does not fit them, things that their friends have and will change the curtains, carpets, fridges etc every so often if they just feel like it. On top of that, add the Nigerian scenario where the husband also takes care of the in-laws and has to look the part and show off. A typical woman will simply use the accumulated money for some of the above and even more. My family members will certainly do that!'

I have seen so many women that are actually the brain behind the success of their husbands, cos men are known to easily give and dont look back, however, the women that i have dealt with, they are the type that knows when money shd be spent and when to keep it, they are they type that when i wanna buy a house, they will go and pull money out that i never knew were there, i mean real women and not some little girls that will be asking me for voucher cards.
So if you still dating those kinda women that will be stealing from you, then, it is time for you to chose the right babes.

chris_j link=topic=349754.msg4935577#msg4935577 date=1258372905:

fhemmy - yes, you might spend on barbeques, gadgets, expensive watches or so I suppose that is from your spare cash - not necessarily at the denial of family essentials. fhemmy sounds like a mummy boy and one from a comfortable family (no offence) - the real nja world is not as you paint. So, mr head of house does not want to do financial/investment roles in the house cause he does not trust himself with money.
So, everytime you sleep with someone you entrust them with your life - Come On!

My guy, i will admit that i am not good with spending and that is why i rather allow my woman to take care of the finances, else, as soon as money comes in, i invest fast, cos i have seen what spending too much can do.
So once again, MOST women are better in handling money than a man.
Put it this way, it take a great women to even stay with most of us, men.
It takes a good woman to be able to manage our homes.
Takes a good woman to be able to cook and make us happy with the token we leave as spending money.

I think the GOOD women deserved our praise, i tip my hear for such women.
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Nobody: 6:40am On Nov 17, 2009
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Sissy3(f): 7:56am On Nov 17, 2009
beingme:

Sissy the gun is in here ready to be shot. the truth is that u that knows the reason why women sit @ home in the name of house wife(s) should let it out to us for a better understanding.

its quite understanding so let me hear your reason for your post

you shoulda have bothered to find out before using your "slaving men" phrase. dont you think so
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by na2day2(m): 8:50am On Nov 17, 2009
~Sissy~:

you shoulda have bothered to find out before using your "slaving men" phrase. dont you think so

calm down, madam!
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Fhemmmy: 7:09pm On Nov 17, 2009
Let us have fun exchanging views

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? / Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage! / 107-Year-old Woman Seeks First Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.