Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,967 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. (14083 Views)

Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values / Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. / Was Man Created Before Or After The Animals? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 03, 2016
Anas09:

Satan is decieving you.

Anas hi
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by foladara777(m): 12:48pm On Dec 03, 2016
felixomor:

Your question has been answered above.
U simply mistook an butressing bible verse as a new fact and created confusion inside your head because u are not familiar with scripture.

And then u thought u have found something.
Sorry.

And then now, having seen ur error, u want to simply sweep it away..
undecided abeg
Haha... So verse 14-16 is buttressing verse 3?? What about the verses in between, the ones where God created the firmament and land and seas?? Are they also buttressing verse 3 where God created light or its only verses that show scientific inaccuracies that buttreess verse 3...
This is what u ate saying in essence: God created light but he forgot to mention that the light was the sun until 11verses later, where he claimed the sun was created on the fourth day. So answer this, what was created on the fourth day??

1 Like

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by benzics(m): 12:51pm On Dec 03, 2016
felixomor:

Now, cant u see that this is a summary and explanation of the events which preceded?

Hence its start with "So."?

If this is too much grammar for u, then go back to secondary school.

Another example,
The same way,

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

And then

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Look at these 2 scriptures.
Gen 2:7 comes after Gen 1:27,
But does that mean that God created 2 seperate men in the garden?

Is the second one not simply buttressing what was referenced earlier?

If you dont understand bible chronology, ask for explanation.
Or better still, use your google and learn.
Lol.. .

The first day
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. ... And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Fast forward to the fourth day.
And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good. And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

This is evidence Christians don't read or even know their Bible, for you to not know the day that the "Bible god" created light and the firmaments of "heaven" grin

3 Likes

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 03, 2016
Every Christian Apologist here should kindly ignore this OP. I am tired of trying to teach kids simple Descriptive English.

If they needed answers they know where to go. Coming to nairaland to ask elementary questions show how elementary their minds are.

IGNORE THIS THREAD!
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by felixomor: 12:51pm On Dec 03, 2016
foladara777:

Haha... So verse 14-16 is buttressing verse 3?? What about the verses in between, the ones where God created the firmament and land and seas?? Are they also buttressing verse 3 where God created light or its only verses that show scientific inaccuracies that buttreess verse 3...
This is what u ate saying in essence: God created light but he forgot to mention that the light was the sun until 11verses later, where he claimed the sun was created on the fourth day. So answer this, what was created on the fourth day??

I can see u r still trying to salvage the pride of a resolved question.
In case u dont know, the bible was not written in verses.

Take time, Educate yourself and learn how the bible was compiled.

Cheers cool
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by felixomor: 12:52pm On Dec 03, 2016
benzics:

Lol.. .

The first day
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. ... And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Fast forward to the fourth day.
And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good. And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

This is evidence Christians don't read or even know their Bible, for you to not know the day that the "Bible god" created light and the firmaments of "heaven" grin

U didnt even read the post you r replying.
Shame.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 03, 2016
felixomor:

Shame.

Felix if you cannot teach a blind man about colour then leave these people alone

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by felixomor: 12:55pm On Dec 03, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Felix if you cannot teach a blind man about colour then leave these people alone

I hear u my brother.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by foladara777(m): 12:59pm On Dec 03, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Felixomor and peacesamuel94 already answered scripture with scripture. We do know that English is not a language some find easy to understand but its something they should strive to understand. The word "SO" is an extension of a prior event and not a detachment. Plus the light did not have a designation until God said what it was and that was to function in the day.

If anyone cannot understand something this elementary they would then later claim they understand revelations and why God is "wicked" in their own eyes.

The answer has been provided. Any other question being asked is just to keep this DOA thread going.
The word so was used in verse 16 but the two preceding verses read thus:
14 Then God commanded, “Let lights appear in the sky to separate day from night and to show the time when days, years, and religious festivals begin; 15 they will shine in the sky to give light to the earth”—and it was done.
So the 'so' was after the bible claimed it was created on after the sun and verse 19 called it the fourth day....
And your other argument is that the light created on the first day was without designation?? So it had no purpose??.. U are wrong
3 Then God commanded, “Let there be light”—and light appeared. 4 God was pleased with what he saw. Then he separated the light from the darkness, 5 and he named the light “Day” and the darkness “Night.” Evening passed and morning came—that was the first day.
Therefore the light was already designated as day, I know u are desperate to defend the bible but u are not trying enough

1 Like

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by foladara777(m): 1:01pm On Dec 03, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Classic you. Once u don't have adequate response either u resort to insults or u digress or u run away altogether

2 Likes

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by benzics(m): 1:03pm On Dec 03, 2016
felixomor:

Shame.
You were trying to connect two separate chapters that talked about the creation of man... Is that the same with the so called creation of light and the heaven's firmaments

Now the question was "how could there be light without the sun?", and your answer was synonymous to "light and the sun were created same time, but the sun was later referenced in another verse" where clearly the sun and light were created different days according to the fairy tale book....

1 Like

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Anas09: 1:05pm On Dec 03, 2016
When reading the Bible open your inner eyes. The Bible didnt say that light was created. God spoke it into existences.

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
Genesis:1:3

In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
John:1:4

... and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Genesis:1:2

And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
John:1:5

That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
John:1:9

The light (Jesus) was the light which lighteth every man which comes into the world.

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
John:8:12

See?

He was in the beginning. Before creation, he was.
He is not part of this creation.

He was before this Creation, and He shall be after this Creation.

foladara777:

So, Jesus was created by God on the first day??
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by foladara777(m): 1:05pm On Dec 03, 2016
felixomor:

I can see u r still trying to salvage the pride of a resolved question.
In case u dont know, the bible was not written in verses.

Take time, Educate yourself and learn how the bible was compiled.

Cheers cool
So, when the bible says light was created on the first day and sun on the fourth day, it doesn't show sequence?? U know the bible actually said first and fourth day right

2 Likes

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by foladara777(m): 1:07pm On Dec 03, 2016
Anas09:
When reading the Bible open your inner eyes. The Bible didnt say that light was created. God spoke it into existences.

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
Genesis:1:3

In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
John:1:4

... and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Genesis:1:2

And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
John:1:5

That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
John:1:9

The light (Jesus) was the light which lighteth every man which comes into the world.

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
John:8:12

See?

He was in the beginning. Before creation, he was.
He is not part of thiw creation.

He was before this Creation, and He shall be after this Creation.

Crap... So there was light before creation but there was total darkness??

1 Like

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by felixomor: 1:07pm On Dec 03, 2016
benzics:

You were trying to connect two separate chapters that talked about the creation of man... Is that the same with the so called creation of light and the heaven's firmaments

Now the question was "how could there be light without the sun?", and your answer was synonymous to "light and the sun were created same time, but the sun was later referenced in another verse" where clearly the sun and light were created different days according to the fairy tale book....

Your first question just proves my point.
You only see what you choose to see .

And all i can tell you, is read again.
And most importantly, go n read Genesis completely.

I can assure you have never read that book.
If u have, u will see the shame in your questions.

I promise u that.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Anas09: 1:12pm On Dec 03, 2016
foladara777:

So when God created light, he created Jesus?? But Jesus is God now, therefore he must have existed before the creation of light or what is this one saying
The light was not created. Creation has to do with the earth. Jesus is the Light of the World, and Jesus is not of the earth,
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Anas09: 1:14pm On Dec 03, 2016
Sleekydee:

shit, I quoted wrongly, was to quote d op....my bad.

judging from ur rapid enthusiasm to insult others rather than engage in a meaningful argument, I can already deduce two things abt u,

(1) u aren't mature (kidult)

(2) u re a cyber bully

eida ways, enjoy.
Hello.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by foladara777(m): 1:14pm On Dec 03, 2016
felixomor:

Your first question just proves my point.
You only see what you choose to see .

And all i can tell you, is read again.
And most importantly, go n read Genesis completely.

I can assure you have never read that book.
If u have, u will see the shame in your questions.

I promise u that.
The bible explicitly says light was created on the first day and sun on the fourth day but u peeps that know better than the inspirations of the holy spirit ehn?? Little surprise that that naijadehyia was warning Christians to avoid the thread... The guy must be scared sh*tless that the bible's error will be exposed
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by foladara777(m): 1:16pm On Dec 03, 2016
Anas09:

The light was not created. Creation has to do with the earth. Jesus is the Light of the World, and Jesus is not of the earth,
So when God said let there be light, it was not creation?? What was it then?

1 Like

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Anas09: 1:17pm On Dec 03, 2016
Neozy:
God Is A Mystery, You Can't Understand.
Well, what he kept for Himself, you can't and shouldn't seek to unravel, but this is not such a mystery nah. Its clearly stated in the scriptures.

The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.
Deuteronomy:29:29

The Op is not a mystery.
Cheers.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by jonbellion(m): 1:17pm On Dec 03, 2016
Why are apologetics like this
Loooool
Oh my God
There where even two creation accounts in the book of genesis
Chaii
Going this far to rationalise the stone age instead of just dropping it
Lol

2 Likes

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by felixomor: 1:18pm On Dec 03, 2016
foladara777:

The bible explicitly says light was created on the first day and sun on the fourth day but u peeps that know better than the inspirations of the holy spirit ehn?? Little surprise that that naijadehyia was warning Christians to avoid the thread... The guy must be scared sh*tless that the bible's error will be exposed

I have already explained your mistake.

Besides what does Genesis 1:1 say?

And why is Gen 1:2 suddenly formless and Void?

U think the earth and the skies was first made in Genesis 1:2?

Please go and study bro.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Anas09: 1:19pm On Dec 03, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
our Christian apologists going through mental gymnastics in an attempt to plug holes in their folklore buybull and failing at it
Go and take your anti depreesant drugs.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by felixomor: 1:20pm On Dec 03, 2016
foladara777:

So, when the bible says light was created on the first day and sun on the fourth day, it doesn't show sequence?? U know the bible actually said first and fourth day right

U r still swimming in your interpretation of "light,"

Continue.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Anas09: 1:23pm On Dec 03, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Anas hi
Heyyyyyyyy. The great General. The Rebels slayer. I greet you sir.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by jonbellion(m): 1:25pm On Dec 03, 2016
foladara777:

lol dude dude
This is what religous apologists do
Rationalise thier beliefs
I was arguing with a muslim one time
The Quran says man was formed with a drop of water from the ribs which is wrong
You need to see apologetics
Also the fact the Quran says the sun moves around the earth
It was so obvious
The person said it was talking about revolving round the milky way
I was just like......

5 Likes

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Anas09: 1:26pm On Dec 03, 2016
foladara777:

Crap... So there was light before creation but there was total darkness??
I wont reply to you after now.

Did you read the verses i posted, or you just want to argue?

Enjoy. Bye.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Anas09: 1:27pm On Dec 03, 2016
foladara777:

Am done with you.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by foladara777(m): 1:27pm On Dec 03, 2016
felixomor:

I have already explained your mistake.

Besides what does Genesis 1:1 say?

And why is Gen 1:2 suddenly formless and Void?

U think the earth and the skies was first made in Genesis 1:2?

Please go and study bro.
Wait! U are bringing more instances of the contradictions in the bible to prove the bible is true?? C'monC'mon
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by foladara777(m): 1:28pm On Dec 03, 2016
Anas09:

Am done with you.
Because u don't have a response??
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by felixomor: 1:30pm On Dec 03, 2016
foladara777:

Wait! U are bringing more instances of the contradictions in the bible to prove the bible is true?? C'monC'mon

I am only pointing out your shallow Scripture level.
Your questions are borne out of ignorance of other scriptures.

It takes scripture to understand scripture.

Go and study the bible fully. And also atudy its chronology.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by foladara777(m): 1:33pm On Dec 03, 2016
felixomor:

U r still swimming in your interpretation of "light,"

Continue.
My interpretation?? No, science says the sun is the major source of natural light , ur bible contradicts that and u want to twist the words of the bible to be in line with that scientific fact

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Drop Your Quote Here And Bless Someone: / Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? / Can You Return A Certificate For Engaging In Exams Malpractice After Repentance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.