Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,145 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. (14056 Views)

Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values / Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. / Was Man Created Before Or After The Animals? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Anas09: 5:17pm On Dec 03, 2016
naijadeyhia:

You can create your own version if you wish. I have given you what it is in simple terms. First you claim my submission is not correct next you now accrue that portion to awareness and spiritual light?

Do not confuse yourself. Both your comments are wrong!

Per your second comment why would there be awareness when there was no life yet created? Was the awareness for who? Nothingness?

The hebrew word used for "living creatures" in the creation story of genesis is the word nephesh and is used of both animals and human beings, and primarily has the meaning "soul." The term encompasses the ideas of mind, will, and emotion. These characteristics apply to the higher animals, such as the birds and mammals.

So speak within reason. Your counter is sadly wrong!
Welldone sir. If they dont read and make sense out of it, another will.

Our Job here is done.

1 Like

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 03, 2016
jonbellion:
so he then created the stars on the fourth day after creating the universe
Oooh my..........
I just can't

You will always argue even after i have broken it into bits that even you could understand. Your crew fully understood which was why nobody could utter anything any further. You would do well to read my submissions again so you would not keep talking about stars being created on the 4th day even after i broke down the phrase "let there be" to you.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 03, 2016
Anas09:

Welldone sir. If they dont read and make sense out of it, another will.

Our Job here is done.

I am out. God bless you
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Anas09: 5:27pm On Dec 03, 2016
jonbellion:
Oooh my..........
I just can't

I posted this in page two, it obvious you didnt read it. Let me repost it again for you.

Now, this is what you'd do for yasef. Tell the demons in you to shut up for a while that you need your humanity to be alive for just a moment, then use your humanity to read this.

The Bible didnt say that light was created. God spoke it into existences. APPEARANCE.

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
Genesis:1:3

In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
John:1:4

... and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Genesis:1:2

And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
John:1:5

That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
John:1:9

The light (Jesus) was the light which lighteth every man which comes into the world.

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
John:8:12

See?

He was in the beginning. Before creation, he was.
He is not part of this creation.

He was before this Creation, and He shall be after this Creation.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Sibe007(m): 5:41pm On Dec 03, 2016
naijadeyhia:

You can create your own version if you wish. I have given you what it is in simple terms. First you claim my submission is not correct next you now accrue that portion to awareness and spiritual light?

Do not confuse yourself. Both your comments are wrong!

Per your second comment why would there be awareness when there was no life yet created? Was the awareness for who? Nothingness?

The hebrew word used for "living creatures" in the creation story of genesis is the word nephesh and is used of both animals and human beings, and primarily has the meaning "soul." The term encompasses the ideas of mind, will, and emotion. These characteristics apply to the higher animals, such as the birds and mammals.

So speak within reason. Your counter is sadly wrong!

@bolded

Awareness is awareness, not for anything. Consciousness is consciousness.

It seems you are finding it hard to conceive the idea of awareness (Consciousness, Being) existing without a manifested tangible form.

It is intangible and formless (Spirit realm, A different dimension, not perceivable by any of the human senses).

There is more to you than the tangible you.

Death is not the End of consciousness, same way being Born wasn't the Beginning. Energy cannot be created nor destroyed but can be transformed from one form to another.

Let there be Consciousness (Awareness, Knowledge, Light, Jesus) and there was.

Instead of forcing the Sun into Genesis 1:3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.
No translation included Sun there. The writers then were limited in their knowledge.

And lets not just sweep away the fact that the writers of Genesis wrongly called the Moon a source of light.
Gen 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. KJV
Gen 1:16 God made two great lights--the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. NIV

If the writers were alive today, we are sure they will rewrite those bits, instead Some people are busy trying to defend an Archaic worldview which they should have moved on from, seeing the amount of Knowledge available in the WOrld today
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 03, 2016
[s]
Sibe007:

@bolded

Awareness is awareness, not for anything. Consciousness is consciousness.

It seems you are finding it hard to conceive the idea of awareness (Consciousness, Being) existing without a manifested tangible form.

It is intangible and formless (Spirit realm, A different dimension, not perceivable by any of the human senses).

There is more to you than the tangible you.

Death is not the End of consciousness, same way being Born wasn't the Beginning. Energy cannot be created nor destroyed but can be transformed from one form to another.

Let there be Consciousness (Awareness, Knowledge, Light, Jesus) and there was.

Instead of forcing the Sun into Genesis 1:3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.
No translation included Sun there. The writers then were limited in their knowledge.
[/s]

And lets not just sweep away the fact that the writers of Genesis wrongly called the Moon a source of light.
Gen 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. KJV
Gen 1:16 God made two great lights--the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. NIV

If the writers were alive today, we are sure they will rewrite those bits, instead Some people are busy trying to defend an Archaic worldview which they should have moved on from, seeing the amount of Knowledge available in the WOrld today

I sometimes wonder why i bother with you guys. When the Sun was assigned to the day and the moon to the Night did it mean the moon was to generate its own light? We already know why stars and the sun and moon were made, the Bible says they were also made for TIMES AND SEASONS not only to symbolize night and day. The moon reflects light from the Sun so its a source of light for the Night as without it the earth would be in absolute darkness at night besides helping us as markers for time. Would you prefer us having 24hr daylight all the days of our life? How do you think this would fare for you or for life on earth or for plants? Do you think even plants need 24hrs of sunlight all year round?

Pls stop arguing for the sake of it as my submission is too elementary and well broken down and i did it this way to avoid further fruitless arguments from people like you.

Focus on what you understand. This one is beyond your scope.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by jonbellion(m): 5:53pm On Dec 03, 2016
naijadeyhia:

You will always argue even after i have broken it into bits that even you could understand. Your crew fully understood which was why nobody could utter anything any further. You would do well to read my submissions again so you would not keep talking about stars being created on the 4th day even after i broke down the phrase "let there be" to you.
lol so lemme get this straight
In the beginning God said let there be light(the sun included
-he created the firmament
-he created plant life
-he "revealed" the sun according to you
And created animal life
Lol wow
Can Yahweh spell photosynthesis

4 Likes

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 03, 2016
jonbellion:
lol so lemme get this straight
In the beginning God said let there be light(the sun included
-he created the firmament
-he created plant life
-he "revealed" the sun according to you
And created animal life
Lol wow
Can Yahweh spell photosynthesis

Can you spell comprehension?

Plants were created and seed bearing trees etc and then God "revealed" the sun to the earth or better yet, he removed the cloud he covered the earth with according to the book of Job so plant life can become self sustaining via photosynthesis.

Its too organised and simple not to see. God did not need the light to create as he is light himself. The light aka the sun was meant for use by the earth and had no use for him as God.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by jonbellion(m): 6:08pm On Dec 03, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Can you spell comprehension?

Plants were created and seed bearing trees etc and then God "revealed" the sun to the earth or better yet, he removed the cloud he covered the earth with according to the book of Job so plant life can become self sustaining via photosynthesis.

Its too organised and simple not to see. God did not need the light to create as he is light himself. The light aka the sun was meant for use by the earth and had no use for him as God.
lol so Yahweh used his own light to sustain the plants
Before revealing the two great lights the latter that spends half its time moving through the daylight sky
Wow I never had any idea Yahweh was a disco ball too
Lol for "signs'
The bible is basically astrology and no astronomy
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 03, 2016
jonbellion:
lol so Yahweh used his own light to sustain the plants
Before revealing the two great lights the latter that spends half its time moving through the daylight sky
Wow I never had any idea Yahweh was a disco ball too
Lol for "signs'
The bible is basically astrology and no astronomy

Let me make this simple.

Quote "Plants can survive without sunlight as long as they have another source of light in the appropriate spectrum, such as an artificial grow light. Plants can only survive in complete darkness for a finite period of time. Generally, plants that are in vegetative phases thrive on blue lights, while plants in flowering phases thrive on red and orange lights"

Gods light was a starting point but since the earth was not his abode he already planned for a permanent light source for plants and the earth hence the sun.

I see you have nothing else to say besides snide remarks.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by felixomor: 6:21pm On Dec 03, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Let me make this simple.

Quote "Plants can survive without sunlight as long as they have another source of light in the appropriate spectrum, such as an artificial grow light. Plants can only survive in complete darkness for a finite period of time. Generally, plants that are in vegetative phases thrive on blue lights, while plants in flowering phases thrive on red and orange lights"

Gods light was a starting point but since the earth was not his abode he already planned for a permanent light source for plants and the earth hence the sun.

Exactly.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by dalaman: 6:25pm On Dec 03, 2016
Anas09:

Hey Dalaman here...

Good News Translation Genesis 1:1 The Story of Creation In the beginning, when God created the universe.

The heavens measn the universe.

Which universe? You think the writers of the Genesis creation myth know anything like the universe. Most English translation of the bible are done with a motive. What is the Hebrew word for the universe?

2 Likes

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by felixomor: 6:28pm On Dec 03, 2016
dalaman:

Which universe? You think the writers of the Genesis creation myth know anything like the universe. Most English translation of the bible are done with a motive. What is the Hebrew word for the universe?

Goal post shifted.
Written to "motive".

Just observing. cool
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by dalaman: 6:29pm On Dec 03, 2016
felixomor:

Goal post shifted.
Written to "motive".

Just observing. cool

What is the Hebrew word for universe?
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by jonbellion(m): 6:29pm On Dec 03, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Let me make this simple.

I have to give it to the apologetic crew they actually taught this one through this time grin
Though I don't know where God said he was the artificial light though(this is just obviously made up)
William Craig has taught you well cool
This doesn't stop the bible being total bull though
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by felixomor: 6:33pm On Dec 03, 2016
dalaman:

What is the Hebrew word for universe?

Bros, please go and study the time the word "universe" was introduced into dictionary and then compare with when Genesis was written.

U will know why that translation is perfect.

Well, i will not derail further.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by hopefulLandlord: 6:34pm On Dec 03, 2016
jonbellion:
Oooh my..........
I just can't

I tire for these mental gymnasts o!

he created heavens/universe, then created stars later?

do these Christian apologists think they're talking to gullible people?
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by jonbellion(m): 6:37pm On Dec 03, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I tire for these mental gymnasts o!

he created heavens/universe, then created stars later?

do these Christian apologists think they're talking to gullible people?
the funny thing is that most of these thing have been considered allegories
You should see how bible literalists rationalise Noahs ark
Lol you would laugh so hard
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by jonbellion(m): 6:41pm On Dec 03, 2016
Anas09:

I posted this in page two, it obvious you didnt read it. Let me repost it again for you.

Now, this is what you'd do for yasef. Tell the demons in you to shut up for a while that you need your humanity to be alive for just a moment, then use your humanity to read this.

The Bible didnt say that light was created. God spoke it into existences. APPEARANCE.

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
Genesis:1:3

In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
John:1:4

... and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Genesis:1:2

And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
John:1:5

That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
John:1:9

The light (Jesus) was the light which lighteth every man which comes into the world.

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
John:8:12

See?

He was in the beginning. Before creation, he was.
He is not part of this creation.

He was before this Creation, and He shall be after this Creation.
lol the demons in me
Did you dash me your own grin
Lemme also tell them to return
Wow
I didn't know you were freely distributing demons
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by jonbellion(m): 6:47pm On Dec 03, 2016
Anas09 I know it's the season to be jolly but in no way did I ask for a pack of demons for Christmas
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Sleekydee(m): 6:54pm On Dec 03, 2016
Anas09:
Hello.
Hi
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Nobody: 6:56pm On Dec 03, 2016
jonbellion:
I have to give it to the apologetic crew they actually taught this one through this time grin
Though I don't know where God said he was the artificial light though(this is just obviously made up)
William Craig has taught you well cool
This doesn't stop the bible being total bull though

God is light! His light is the LIFE of men. God in his power and glory can do whatsoever please him. Did he begin life with seeds that began to spring up? We do not know! All we know was that He caused plants to grow and SEED bearing plants.

God sustained creation and still does. If it still stumps you then i have nothing more to say.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by jonbellion(m): 6:57pm On Dec 03, 2016
naijadeyhia:

God is light! His light is the LIFE of men. God in his power and glory can do whatsoever please him. Did he begin life with seeds that began to spring up? We do not know! All we know was that He caused plants to grow and SEED bearing plants.

God is sustained creation and still does. If it still stumps you then i have nothing more to say.
*facepalm*
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by jonbellion(m): 7:05pm On Dec 03, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Godyahweh is lightthe Jewish lght! His light is the LIFE of men.was for the Jews alone Godyahweh in his power and gloryignorance can do whatsoever please him because he is a man child Did he begin life with seeds that began to spring up? We do not know! All we know was that [s]He caused plants to grow and SEED bearing plants.
[/s]we have used apologetics as a futile attempt to rationalise bible bull with more bull[s]God is sustained creation and still does. If it still stumps you then i have nothing more to say.[/s]Yahweh is for the Jews and for the Jews alone. If you want to become a Jew so bad
Then become a jew
You'll be too old for a bar mitzvah though
fixed smiley
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 03, 2016
jonbellion:
fixed smiley

Doctoring my comments as a joke shows you have nothing further to intelligently say. Thanks for your time.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by jonbellion(m): 7:11pm On Dec 03, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Doctoring my comments as a joke shows you have nothing further to intelligently say. Thanks for your time.
not really just because it'll be another endless back and forth without anyone changing any views
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 03, 2016
jonbellion:
not really just because it'll be another endless back and forth without anyone changing any views

This has nothing to do with changing your views. No man can do that only God can. My job is to keep planting the seeds until the day you decide to water them with desire.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Sibe007(m): 7:27pm On Dec 03, 2016
naijadeyhia:
[s]

I sometimes wonder why i bother with you guys. When the Sun was assigned to the day and the moon to the Night did it mean the moon was to generate its own light? We already know why stars and the sun and moon were made, the Bible says they were also made for TIMES AND SEASONS not only to symbolize night and day. The moon reflects light from the Sun so its a source of light for the Night as without it the earth would be in absolute darkness at night besides helping us as markers for time. Would you prefer us having 24hr daylight all the days of our life? How do you think this would fare for you or for life on earth or for plants? Do you think even plants need 24hrs of sunlight all year round?

Pls stop arguing for the sake of it as my submission is too elementary and well broken down and i did it this way to avoid further fruitless arguments from people like you.

Focus on what you understand. This one is beyond your scope.

Whatever floats your Cork.

Countries like Norway, Sweden, Finland and places like Alaska and North Canada experience 6 months of daytime during summer and 6 months of nighttime during winter.

Whatever makes your happy. Peace Bro.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Anas09: 7:27pm On Dec 03, 2016
jonbellion:
Anas09 I know it's the season to be jolly but in no way did I ask for a pack of demons for Christmas
Just take my advice. Anytime you need to be human for a while, just say, 'Shut up demons, i need to be me for a while'. Do not always allow them speak for you.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by jonbellion(m): 7:30pm On Dec 03, 2016
Anas09:

Just take my advice. Anytime you need to be human for a while, just say, 'Shut up demons, i need to be me for a while'. Do not always allow them speak for you.
lol thank you for the advice
You know you have the experience
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Anas09: 7:31pm On Dec 03, 2016
jonbellion:
lol the demons in me
Did you dash me your own grin
Lemme also tell them to return
Wow
I didn't know you were freely distributing demons
No, they can't dare come close to me, I know how they operate and i know they hate being exposed. I know when they are speaking, and i can cmand them to shut up in the name of Jesus, and they will obey.

They go to those who don't know them and hide in them.
Tell them to be quiet sometimes.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by jonbellion(m): 7:33pm On Dec 03, 2016
Anas09:

No, they can't dare come close to me, I know how they operate and i know they hate being exposed. I know when they are speaking, and i can cmand them to shut up in the name of Jesus, and they will obey.

They go to those who don't know them and hide in them.
Tell them to be quiet sometimes.
the bullshit is strong in this one........

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

What It Means To Fall From Grace - Joseph Prince / Should Money From Sowing Of The Seed Go To Pastors? / Last Words Of Famous People -- Anton LeVey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.