Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,530 members, 7,816,293 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. (14060 Views)

Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values / Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. / Was Man Created Before Or After The Animals? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 03, 2016
felixomor:

I thought u in particular was dancing inside "1st day" and "4th day" before?

You are no longer dancing there?

I think its clear you and naijadeyhia are doing enough dancing for everyone on nairaland
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by felixomor: 3:37pm On Dec 03, 2016
LightandDarkness:

I think its clear you and naijadeyhia are doing enough dancing for everyone on nairaland

Abeg shift e.
Open your next bible verse. Misinterprete it and come back to nairaland.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by dalaman: 3:38pm On Dec 03, 2016
naijadeyhia:
@ the OP do we agree that the heavens (universe) consist of Stars, galaxies, etc. So, we know that God created, at minimum, the stars and the earth. ?

Will you stop your lies . The bible says in the begining God created the heaven and the earth. It did not say universe. It says heaven and earth. If the bible wants to say universe it would have clearly stated so.

1 Like

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by felixomor: 3:41pm On Dec 03, 2016
dalaman:

Will you stop your lies . The bible says in the begining God created the heaven and the earth. It did not say universe. It says heaven and earth. If the bible wants to say universe it would have clearly stated so.

Ehen? grin

Ride on teacher.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 03, 2016
DAY 5
Genesis 1:20-22

Then God said, "Let the waters teem with swarms of living creatures , and let birds fly above the earth in the open expanse of the heavens."

21. And God created the great sea monsters, and every living creature [nephesh] that moves, with which the waters swarmed after their kind, and every winged bird after its kind; and God saw that it was good.

22. And God blessed them, saying, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth."

If we go with the arrangement for Creation we would realize that there was actually no need for the light to be revealed on the earth until life was first placed on it.

The Sun was part of creation in Genesis 1 as it was included in the Heavens but it was not revealed or introduced to the earth until every living thing that needed it was first made so according to Job God covered the earth in darkness with a thick cloud and when ready allowed the light of the sun to shine on the earth as that would only be when the purpose of the sun would be revealed to all creatures.

I suggest you read from the beginning of my submission to understand how simple it is because before you can talk about Genesis you have to find out if that was the only place creation was described in the scriptures.

If you wish to still argue then feel free. I just gave you elementary creation.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Neozy(m): 3:43pm On Dec 03, 2016
you understand this "mystery" so much that you're sure there's an eternal furnace awaiting whoever doesn't believe your tales

you understand this "mystery" so much that you know what he wants

you understand this "mystery" so much that you speak with absolute certainty when talking about him

who's deceiving who?.......[/quote]
You Speak(or Maybe Type) Like Someone That Is Learned, Smart, Wise, Educated. But You Can't Be Wiser Than Your Maker. According To My Bible, There Will Be No Sun NOr Moon In Heaven, God Himself Will Be The Light. You Can Chose To Tale It Or Leave It, Believe It Or Don't. There Is No Point Argueing Since Arguement Won't Change Anyone's Believe. I Have Chose To Believe In God Because It Cost Me Nothing. Even If There No Heaven Or Hell I Have Got Nothing To Lose.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by EyeHateGod: 3:45pm On Dec 03, 2016
felixomor:

Oh so you know he didnt deserve a reply abi?

At least u impress for once . cool
Am sorry your reply doesn't make one sense it seams like you forcing it "oh there is noting reasonable to say but i must type something "...
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by dalaman: 3:47pm On Dec 03, 2016
felixomor:

Ehen? grin

Ride on teacher.

The problem with the nonsense you guys are trying to say is that even if we are to agree that the heavens means universe. What scientific postulation agrees that the earth and the universe were created at the same time in the begining? Scientific postulations say that the universe is over 13 billion years old while the earth is 4.5 billion years old so how do you reconcile that?

2 Likes

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by felixomor: 3:47pm On Dec 03, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Am sorry your reply doesn't make one sense it seams like you forcing it "oh there is noting reasonable to say but i must type something "...

And i guess your reply is making 1 litre of sense right now?
I even doubt if there is a single thread on Nl religion, that u have never posted OP?

I doubt.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by EyeHateGod: 3:48pm On Dec 03, 2016
dalaman:

In earlier versions of the Bible it was changed to Universe.. Now the good Question is does Yahweh live in the universe?
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by EyeHateGod: 3:49pm On Dec 03, 2016
felixomor:

And i guess your reply is making 1 litre of sense right now?
I even doubt if there is a single thread on Nl religion, that u have never posted OP?

I doubt.
Please how does this make any sense
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by hopefulLandlord: 3:50pm On Dec 03, 2016
[
Neozy:

You Speak(or Maybe Type) Like Someone That Is Learned, Smart, Wise, Educated. But You Can't Be Wiser Than Your Maker. According To My Bible, There Will Be No Sun NOr Moon In Heaven, God Himself Will Be The Light. You Can Chose To Tale It Or Leave It, Believe It Or Don't. There Is No Point Argueing Since Arguement Won't Change Anyone's Believe. I Have Chose To Believe In God Because It Cost Me Nothing. Even If There No Heaven Or Hell I Have Got Nothing To Lose.

Pascal's wager lol

why not die in battle so that Odin would grant you access to Valhalla

1 Like

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by jonbellion(m): 3:50pm On Dec 03, 2016
Neozy:
you understand this "mystery" so much that you're sure there's an eternal furnace awaiting whoever doesn't believe your tales

you understand this "mystery" so much that you know what he wants

you understand this "mystery" so much that you speak with absolute certainty when talking about him

who's deceiving who?.......
lol really
pascals wager
Gambling is a sin

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by felixomor: 3:52pm On Dec 03, 2016
dalaman:

The problem with the nonsense you guys are trying to say is that even if we are to agree that the heavens means universe. What scientific postulation agrees that the earth and the universe were created at the same time in the begining? Scientific postulations say that the u niverse is over 13 billion years old while the earth is 4.5 billion years old so how do you reconcile that?

Bros, with that bolded statement i can open a cankerload of shit.

U people are the same who come to nairaland and say bible says earth is 6000 years. When bible never said so.

But i wont derail this thread.

U can open another thread to discuss your question.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by felixomor: 3:54pm On Dec 03, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Please how does this make any sense

The last time i checked, a reader needs a brain to make sense of a statement...

cool
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by EyeHateGod: 3:57pm On Dec 03, 2016
felixomor:

The last time i checked, a reader needs a brain to make sense of a statement...

cool
Can you please explain how that statement make sense ?
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by felixomor: 3:58pm On Dec 03, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Can you please explain how that statement make sense ?

Sorry i cant to you.
Your brain has been replaced by hatred.

Sorry.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by EyeHateGod: 4:02pm On Dec 03, 2016
felixomor:

Sorry i cant to you.
Your brain has been replaced by hatred.

Sorry.
Why are you trying to Run from the main issue? Are you that Ashamed of Yourself??
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by MrMontella(m): 4:02pm On Dec 03, 2016
felixomor:

Bros, with that bolded statement i can open a cankerload of shit.

U people are the same who come to nairaland and say bible says earth is 6000 years. When bible never said so.

But i wont derail this thread.

U can open another thread to discuss your question.

doesnt say so directly...
It is inductive reasoning....
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by felixomor: 4:07pm On Dec 03, 2016
MrMontella:

doesnt say so directly...
It is inductive reasoning....

If I may ask,
Inductive reasoning from who?
People who open 2 pages of bible because they want to argue?

Like i said, i dont want to derail this thread.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 03, 2016
@Foladara777 i hope it is safe to say that my simple breakdown has given you understanding.

Cheers
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by availableisme: 4:23pm On Dec 03, 2016
naijadeyhia:
DAY 5
Genesis 1:20-22

Then God said, "Let the waters teem with swarms of living creatures , and let birds fly above the earth in the open expanse of the heavens."

21. And God created the great sea monsters, and every living creature [nephesh] that moves, with which the waters swarmed after their kind, and every winged bird after its kind; and God saw that it was good.

22. And God blessed them, saying, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth."

If we go with the arrangement for Creation we would realize that there was actually no need for the light to be revealed on the earth until life was first placed on it.

The Sun was part of creation in Genesis 1 as it was included in the Heavens but it was not revealed or introduced to the earth until every living thing that needed it was first made so according to Job God covered the earth in darkness with a thick cloud and when ready allowed the light of the sun to shine on the earth as that would only be when the purpose of the sun would be revealed to all creatures.

I suggest you read from the beginning of my submission to understand how simple it is as before you can talk about Genesis you have to find out if that was the only place creation was described in the scriptures.

If you wish to still argue then feel free. I just gave you elementary creation.

Wow! simply wow! I have never seen the creation description explained so understandably like this before. My respects to you sir. I am so proud to be a believer right now the way you rightly divided the word of truth. God bless you sir

2 Likes

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 03, 2016
availableisme:

Wow! simply wow! I have never seen the creation description explained so understandably like this before. My respects to you sir. I am so proud to be a believer right now the way you rightly divided the word of truth. God bless you sir

Bless you too brother/sister
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Sibe007(m): 4:51pm On Dec 03, 2016
naijadeyhia:
If God had only created the earth, then Genesis 1:1 would have said, "In the beginning God created the earth." So, we can safely say that God created the entire heavens (universe) and earth at the beginning of the first creation day. Correct?

Not correct.

Even the Bible does not claim the God in genesis 1 created the whole Universe. Seems more like an account of creation of the Earth as interpreted by people who wrote the book. Its from their point of view and knowledge level at that time.

The Heavens in the bible referred to the firmament (sky, clouds, upthere)
Genesis 1:8 And God called the expanse Heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, the second day.ESV

Gen 1:8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.KJV

Gen 1:8 God called the vault "sky." And there was evening, and there was morning--the second day. NIV

The Earth is Land.

Gen 1:10
God called the dry land Earth, and the waters that were gathered together he called Seas. And God saw that it was good. ESV

And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good. KJV

God called the dry ground "land," and the gathered waters he called "seas." And God saw that it was good. NIV

Quite clear and simple to be honest
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Anas09: 4:52pm On Dec 03, 2016
foladara777:

The argument is not about heavens... It is whether the sun was created on the fourth day and if so, where did the light of the first day come from?
And don't call me boy... I don't know if you are trying to give yourself some psychological advantage but it's really not classy at all
Just answer nah.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Anas09: 4:59pm On Dec 03, 2016
dalaman:

Hey Dalaman here...

Good News Translation Genesis 1:1 The Story of Creation In the beginning, when God created the universe.

The heavens measn the universe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Sibe007(m): 5:04pm On Dec 03, 2016
naijadeyhia:
@ the OP In verse 14 we have that unusual construction again of "let there be." It is not a statement of creation, but a statement of appearance. At this point, the clouds present at the initial creation of the earth were completely removed so that the bodies themselves appeared for the first time on the surface of the earth.

The passage tells us that the lights were allowed "to be" so that they could be signs of the seasons, days, and years. It was necessary for the creatures of day 5 that the heavenly bodies be visible. We know that many of the migratory birds (created on day 5) require visible stars to navigate, hence the need to actually see these bodies.

Verse 18 gives makes it simple. The lights were placed in the sky to "separate the light from the darkness." It is the exact Hebrew phrase used for God's work on the first day when, "God separated the light from the darkness" (Genesis 1:4) By using this phrase, the text is recounting the formation of the Sun, moon and stars from the first day. If you OP argues that God created the Sun, moon and stars on the fourth day, then that would mean He didn't really create the heavens in verse one and we already know that the heavens there also meant UNIVERSE which as we know today is made up of stars, planetary bodies of which the sun is inclusive.

No we don't know.

A better school of thought could be.

Let there be Light (Consciousness, Awareness, Knowing, Insight, Jesus, Universal-life force) and there was Light.

Nothing to do with sun or light for the physical eyes. Its a spiritual light, the type the blind can see. Its a knowing, an Awareness.

The Sun and its light comes after in the 4th day.

This sounds like a better Story, Or continue defending whatever you think (Sun was never mentioned to have been created on the first day).

Cheers.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by felixomor: 5:04pm On Dec 03, 2016
Anas09:

Hey Dalaman here...

Good News Translation Genesis 1:1 The Story of Creation In the beginning, when God created the universe.

The heavens measn the universe.

Abeg let me help him bold it,

If u dont mind sister.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Anas09: 5:07pm On Dec 03, 2016
Sibe007:

Not correct.

Even the Bible does not claim the God in genesis 1 created the whole Universe. Seems more like an account of creation of the Earth as interpreted by people who wrote the book. Its from their point of view and knowledge level at that time.

The Heavens in the bible referred to the firmament (sky, clouds, upthere)
Genesis 1:8 And God called the expanse Heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, the second day.ESV

Gen 1:8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.KJV

Gen 1:8 God called the vault "sky." And there was evening, and there was morning--the second day. NIV

The Earth is Land.

Gen 1:10
God called the dry land Earth, and the waters that were gathered together he called Seas. And God saw that it was good. ESV

And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good. KJV

God called the dry ground "land," and the gathered waters he called "seas." And God saw that it was good. NIV

Quite clear and simple to be honest
The secrete is in THE HEAVENS. What does the HEAVENS there stand for?

Good News Translation Genesis 1:1 The Story of Creation In the beginning, when God created the universe,
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 03, 2016
Sibe007:

No we don't know.

A better school of thought could be.

Let there be Light (Consciousness, Awareness, Knowing, Insight, Jesus, Universal-life force) and there was Light.

Nothing to do with sun or light for the physical eyes. Its a spiritual light, the type the blind can see. Its a knowing, an Awareness.

The Sun and its light comes after in the 4th day.

This sounds like a better Story, Or continue defending whatever you think (Sun was never mentioned to have been created on the first day).

Cheers.

You can create your own version if you wish. I have given you what it is in simple terms. First you claim my submission is not correct next you now accrue that portion to awareness and spiritual light?

Do not confuse yourself. Both your comments are wrong!

Per your second comment why would there be awareness when there was no life yet created? Was the awareness for who? Nothingness?

The hebrew word used for "living creatures" in the creation story of genesis is the word nephesh and is used of both animals and human beings, and primarily has the meaning "soul." The term encompasses the ideas of mind, will, and emotion. These characteristics apply to the higher animals, such as the birds and mammals.

So speak within reason. Your counter is sadly wrong!
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Anas09: 5:15pm On Dec 03, 2016
felixomor:

Abeg let me help him bold it,

If u dont mind sister.
No, i dont brother. smiley
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by jonbellion(m): 5:15pm On Dec 03, 2016
Anas09:

The secrete is in THE HEAVENS. What does the HEAVENS there stand for?

Good News Translation Genesis 1:1 The Story of Creation In the beginning, when God created the universe,
so he then created the stars on the fourth day after creating the universe
Oooh my..........
I just can't

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Last Words Of Famous People -- Anton LeVey / Should Money From Sowing Of The Seed Go To Pastors? / The Impact Of The Church To The Economy Of Nigeria - Daniel Osato Edegbe Uddo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.