Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,546 members, 7,816,326 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. (14062 Views)

Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values / Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. / Was Man Created Before Or After The Animals? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 03, 2016
Sibe007:

Whatever floats your Cork.

Countries like Norway, Sweden, Finland and places like Alaska and North Canada experience 6 months of daytime during summer and 6 months of nighttime during winter.

Whatever makes your happy. Peace Bro.

Lmao So you feel the midnight sun Phenomenon is an actual full daylight occurrence? I have heard it all. smh

You are actually speaking to a Geography and Regional planner so pls do not display ignorance in that direction.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Anas09: 8:42pm On Dec 03, 2016
jonbellion:
the bullshit is strong in this one........
Am not suprised boy.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Anas09: 8:43pm On Dec 03, 2016
jonbellion:
lol thank you for the advice
You know you have the experience
I have the oppoing spirit, so i know
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Sibe007(m): 8:47pm On Dec 03, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Lmao So you feel the midnight sun Phenomenon is an actual full daylight occurrence? I have heard it all. smh

You are actually speaking to a Geography and Regional planner so pls do not display ignorance in that direction.

No one mentioned Full daylight. I leave you to revel in the level of knowledge your ego makes you think you have...

One day you will evolve....its just a matter of time.

Bye Bro

1 Like

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by jonbellion(m): 8:49pm On Dec 03, 2016
Anas09:

Am not suprised boy.
lol boy
You wish
I grow a mean beard cool
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 03, 2016
Sibe007:

No one mentioned Full daylight. I leave you to revel in the level of knowledge your ego makes you think you have...

One day you will evolve....its just a matter of time.

Bye Bro

Keep hoping! I will die with a song of praise to God in my mouth.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by foladara777(m): 9:09pm On Dec 03, 2016
naijadeyhia:
DAY 5
Genesis 1:20-22

Then God said, "Let the waters teem with swarms of living creatures , and let birds fly above the earth in the open expanse of the heavens."

21. And God created the great sea monsters, and every living creature [nephesh] that moves, with which the waters swarmed after their kind, and every winged bird after its kind; and God saw that it was good.

22. And God blessed them, saying, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth."

If we go with the arrangement for Creation we would realize that there was actually no need for the light to be revealed on the earth until life was first placed on it.

The Sun was part of creation in Genesis 1 as it was included in the Heavens but it was not revealed or introduced to the earth until every living thing that needed it was first made so according to Job God covered the earth in darkness with a thick cloud and when ready allowed the light of the sun to shine on the earth as that would only be when the purpose of the sun would be revealed to all creatures.

I suggest you read from the beginning of my submission to understand how simple it is because before you can talk about Genesis you have to find out if that was the only place creation was described in the scriptures.

If you wish to still argue then feel free. I just gave you elementary creation.
So you claim that the sun was made with the heavens, that is before the creation and every other thing... However the bible claims:
16 So God made the two larger lights, the sun to rule over the day and the moon to rule over the night; he also made the stars.
The bible said God made them, he also made the stars. Made in my dictionary means to create. So was the sun remade??
Too bad my phone battery died... Would have immediately refuted all these bull crap, well better late than never I guess
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by foladara777(m): 9:15pm On Dec 03, 2016
naijadeyhia:
[s]

I sometimes wonder why i bother with you guys. When the Sun was assigned to the day and the moon to the Night did it mean the moon was to generate its own light? We already know why stars and the sun and moon were made, the Bible says they were also made for TIMES AND SEASONS not only to symbolize night and day. The moon reflects light from the Sun so its a source of light for the Night as without it the earth would be in absolute darkness at night besides helping us as markers for time. Would you prefer us having 24hr daylight all the days of our life? How do you think this would fare for you or for life on earth or for plants? Do you think even plants need 24hrs of sunlight all year round?

Pls stop arguing for the sake of it as my submission is too elementary and well broken down and i did it this way to avoid further fruitless arguments from people like you.

Focus on what you understand. This one is beyond your scope.
The bible actually called the moon a light, not a reflection of a light... Verse 16 says and God created the two great LIGHTS... the bible scientifically wrong again
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 03, 2016
foladara777:

The bible actually called the moon a light, not a reflection of a light... Verse 16 says and God created the two great LIGHTS... the bible scientifically wrong again

I will honour you by responding this last time. Anything that illuminates is a source of light. The moon offers reflective illumination which in itself is a light giving source.

You can liken the moon to an LED or a mirror that reflects light but this time off its rocky surface at minimal illumination.

The moon is a light but a reflective light! God does not have interest in working with science nor does he have any desire to meet the laws of science ...on the contrary science is the one trying to understand everything and see how they can explain GOD.

if you feel the Moon-light is not a light based on reflective illumination then consult your dictionary for the word MOONLIGHT!

You promised to ridicule Genesis story and prove to me that the Bible is a story book but i do not see you doing so yet. I hope you have been taking notes in this class.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 03, 2016
foladara777:

So you claim that the sun was made with the heavens, that is before the creation and every other thing... However the bible claims:
16 So God made the two larger lights, the sun to rule over the day and the moon to rule over the night; he also made the stars.
The bible said God made them, he also made the stars. Made in my dictionary means to create. So was the sun remade??
Too bad my phone battery died... Would have immediately refuted all these bull crap, well better late than never I guess

Go back and read my submission. Comprehension isnt rocket science and neither is the English i wrote with. Unless you would like to claim it is so for you
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by felixomor: 9:37pm On Dec 03, 2016
naijadeyhia:

I will honour you by responding this last time. Anything that illuminates is a source of light. The moon offers reflective illumination which in itself is a light giving source.

You can liken the moon to an LED or a mirror that reflects light but this time off its rocky surface at minimal illumination.

The moon is a light but a reflective light! God does not have interest in working with science nore does he have any desire to meet the laws of science ...on the contrary science is the one trying to understand everything and see how they can explain GOD.

if you feel the Moon-light is not a light based on reflective illumination then consult your dictionary for the word MOONLIGHT!

You promised to ridicule Genesis story and prove to me that the Bible is a story book but i do not see you doing so yet. I hope you have been taking notes in this class.

Lol.
HIs notebook is already full.

3 Likes

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by foladara777(m): 9:46pm On Dec 03, 2016
naijadeyhia:

The moon is a light but a reflective light! God does not have interest in working with science nor does he have any desire to meet the laws of science ...on the contrary science is the one trying to understand everything and see how they can explain GOD.

So if a mirror reflects a light, it is also a light... Wow!! A mirror can't be light or source of light because it has no light of its own... Or can u seriously claim mirror is a light??

1 Like

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by foladara777(m): 9:48pm On Dec 03, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Go back and read my submission. Comprehension isnt rocket science and neither is the English i wrote with. Unless you would like to claim it is so for you
Stop trying to wiggle out... Verse 16 says God MADE... Made means created right?? Stop being childish and address the question

1 Like

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by foladara777(m): 9:52pm On Dec 03, 2016
felixomor:

Lol.
HIs notebook is already full.
Really nigger?? Don't forget u were jumping from one excuse for the inaccuracy of the bible to another just this afternoon... First u said the sun was actually created on the first day then u claimed the daylight on the first day was actually from other sources of light...
Only you can be feeling fly after spewing embarrassing arguments all over a thread... Anyways, it's part of the hallmarks of Christianity... Revelling in ignorance

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 03, 2016
foladara777:

So if a mirror reflects a light, it is also a light... Wow!! A mirror can't be light or source of light because it has no light of its own... Or can u seriously claim mirror is a light??

Are you sure you went to school? What is a light source? Is the Light source compulsorily that which provides the light? The light source is that which is available at the time to bring illumination.

If i have a mirror and i can use that mirror to reflect light into my room then that Mirror becomes my source of light in the immediate environment so yes it is a light (source)

Is English really this hard for you to grasp?
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 03, 2016
foladara777:

Stop trying to wiggle out... Verse 16 says God MADE... Made means created right?? Stop being childish and address the question

You are actually the one being Childish. I gave you elementary creation explanation. Every Atheist who was on this thread had to shut up after i finished including those way smarter than you but simply because you opened this thread you feel its a duty to at least fight for your honour a bit.

Read my submission and understand it. Every word i used was intentional.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 03, 2016
foladara777:
Science tells us that the sun is the major source of natural light but in the bible, God created light on the first day before creating the sun, moon and stars on the fourth day... So, where did the light come from if the sun was not yet created

That is because the Light that existed before the fourth day is not the normal light people know, while the Darkness spoken of in Gen 1:2 is not the normal darkness we know of. If only you actually seek the truth, God will personally reveal the mysteries in that book to you. Do you know that the gap between verse 1 and 2 of Genesis chapter 1 is not a twinkle of an eye. That is why it is better you use scripture to interpret scripture. I have a lot to say but..................

Take care sir
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Anas09: 10:03pm On Dec 03, 2016
jonbellion:
lol boy
You wish
I grow a mean beard cool
And that makes you a man?
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by foladara777(m): 10:03pm On Dec 03, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Are you sure you went to school? What is a light source? Is the Light source compulsorily that which provides the light? The light source is that which is available at the time to bring illumination.

If i have a mirror and i can use that mirror to reflect light into my room then that Mirror becomes my source of light in the immediate environment so yes it is a light (source)

Is English really this hard for you to grasp?
Try to insult all you want... I know better than to be drawn into childish antics...
If u have a mirror in a dark room, the mirror is issues because it can't give u light, therefore the mirror is not light, it doesn't produce light, it reflects. How can mirror be light when it doesn't produce light. How can it be a source when it has no light... Logic! For God's sake!

1 Like

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by realmindz: 10:06pm On Dec 03, 2016
Christians trying hard to explain their delusions

1 Like

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by foladara777(m): 10:07pm On Dec 03, 2016
naijadeyhia:

You are actually the one being Childish. I gave you elementary creation explanation. Every Atheist who was on this thread had to shut up after i finished including those way smarter than you but simply because you opened this thread you feel its a duty to at least fight for your honour a bit.

Read my submission and understand it. Every word i used was intentional.
Ur whatever explanation doesn't explain the use of the word MADE when u claim that sun was made before the fourth day... U claimed it was revealed but the bible used the word MADE, help me reconcile the words MADE & RECEIVED abeg... U are giving the impression that u don't yet have a good response and u are just buying time

1 Like

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by jonbellion(m): 10:11pm On Dec 03, 2016
Anas09:

And that makes you a man?
at least it makes me not a boy cool
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:12pm On Dec 03, 2016
jonbellion:
at least it makes me not a boy cool

Not a boy =! being a man
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 03, 2016
foladara777:

Try to insult all you want... I know better than to be drawn into childish antics...
If u have a mirror in a dark room, the mirror is issues because it can't give u light, therefore the mirror is not light, it doesn't produce light, it reflects. How can mirror be light when it doesn't produce light. How can it be a source when it has no light... Logic! For God's sake!

*facepalm* we are done here. Ruminate on this

it is a source of light from the perspective of the ground when the sun is not in the sky, even though it is simply reflective.

The Bible just calls them lights to illuminate the Earth and mark out seasons... and the Moon, whilst sourcing its light from the sun, does illuminate the earth during the night.

Its just a matter of perspective.

Is not the word 'Moonlight' still in our dictionary? From our perspective we can talk about a moonlit night... and relative to the viewer this is correct. When we look in a mirror we say we see a reflection 'IN the mirror', even though the image is created by light bouncing off our face, and the light comes itself from another source. Indeed, the light we see isn't really light at all, but an image engineered within our brain... it is an illusion which we trust is based upon reality. We still talk in terms of 'seeing our reflection' - because that is more meaningful to us.

The word 'light' is, as far as I can remember, in the Hebrew a word that generally means 'illumination'.

When I walk at night, I see the moon... I don't see the sun, I see the moon... the light reflected from the moon gently illuminates the earth when the direct source cannot... and we call it moonlight. Should that word be banned or ridiculed?

I think you need to go back to school.

Have a goodnight
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by jonbellion(m): 10:19pm On Dec 03, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Not a boy =! being a man
is that what I said
Lord of strawman and defender of hays
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 03, 2016
jonbellion:
is that what I said
Lord of strawman and defender of hays

Tell that Foladara777 guy to stop clutching at kiddy straws as he tries to save the little face he has left. He keeps repeating the same questions i already explained. The guy is making my brain puke.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by felixomor: 10:28pm On Dec 03, 2016
foladara777:

Really nigger?? Don't forget u were jumping from one excuse for the inaccuracy of the bible to another just this afternoon... First u said the sun was actually created on the first day then u claimed the daylight on the first day was actually from other sources of light...
Only you can be feeling fly after spewing embarrassing arguments all over a thread... Anyways, it's part of the hallmarks of Christianity... Revelling in ignorance

Hush it.
You were the one simply jumping to the next excuse just to prolong your thread and preserve your pride.

You exposed your shallow bible knowledge and even lack of scientific knowledge when u kept swimming in ignorance.

Is it not funny you didnt even know there were other sources of light in the universe? When you gullibly converted "light" to "sun".

Abeg shift jor.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by foladara777(m): 10:47pm On Dec 03, 2016
naijadeyhia:

*facepalm* we are done here. Ruminate on this

it is a source of light from the perspective of the ground when the sun is not in the sky, even though it is simply reflective.

The Bible just calls them lights to illuminate the Earth and mark out seasons... and the Moon, whilst sourcing its light from the sun, does illuminate the earth during the night.

Its just a matter of perspective.

Is not the word 'Moonlight' still in our dictionary? From our perspective we can talk about a moonlit night... and relative to the viewer this is correct. When we look in a mirror we say we see a reflection 'IN the mirror', even though the image is created by light bouncing off our face, and the light comes itself from another source. Indeed, the light we see isn't really light at all, but an image engineered within our brain... it is an illusion which we trust is based upon reality. We still talk in terms of 'seeing our reflection' - because that is more meaningful to us.

The word 'light' is, as far as I can remember, in the Hebrew a word that generally means 'illumination'.

When I walk at night, I see the moon... I don't see the sun, I see the moon... the light reflected from the moon gently illuminates the earth when the direct source cannot... and we call it moonlight. Should that word be banned or ridiculed?

I think you need to go back to school.

Have a goodnight
This is idiocy... First, u claim it's a light. Now you're claiming that it's not a light but can be referred to as a light since we use d word moonlight... That's honestly just foolish... The moonlight doesn't refer to the moon itself, it refers to the light that comes from the moon, so saying moonlight doesn't show that the moon is a light, only shows that the moon provides not produces light... U claim I need to go back to school but u are the one who can't distinguish between the moon and moonlight... It's a shame really...

1 Like

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by foladara777(m): 10:49pm On Dec 03, 2016
felixomor:

Hush it.
You were the one simply jumping to the next excuse just to prolong your thread and preserve your pride.

You exposed your shallow bible knowledge and even lack of scientific knowledge when u kept swimming in ignorance.

Is it not funny you didnt even know there were other sources of light in the universe? When you gullibly converted "light" to "sun".

Abeg shift jor.
Idiot... Right from my first post, I said the sun is the major source of natural light... Why would I call it major source if I believe it's the only source?? ... Theists, especially Christians are the masters of crappy arguments but u take it a step further

1 Like

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by felixomor: 11:05pm On Dec 03, 2016
foladara777:

Idiot... Right from my first post, I said the sun is the major source of natural light... Why would I call it major source if I believe it's the only source?? ... Theists, especially Christians are the masters of crappy arguments but u take it a step further

Quiet mummee,

You only knew that after being dragged back and forth.
Besides, i guess u were also swimming in wisdom when u were asking for what else could cause "day and night"?

Go and sit down and learn.
Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by foladara777(m): 11:09pm On Dec 03, 2016
felixomor:

Quiet mummee,

You only knew that after being dragged back and forth.
Besides, i guess u were also swimming in wisdom when u were asking for what else could cause "day and night"?

Go and sit down and learn.
Wait... All your posts follow the same pattern. Are u a robot or a human with streamlined thinking?? Check my first post that created the topic. It says major source and it was not modified... And are u claiming that another thing apart from the sun is causing day and night??

1 Like

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. by felixomor: 11:12pm On Dec 03, 2016
foladara777:

Wait... All your posts follow the same pattern. Are u a robot or a human with streamlined thinking?? Check my first post that created the topic. It says major source and it was not modified... And are u claiming that another thing apart from the sun is causing day and night??

Yes, any source of light in the universe can create day and night effect.
It must not be sun, as u thought.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Last Words Of Famous People -- Anton LeVey / Should Money From Sowing Of The Seed Go To Pastors? / Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.