Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

My Fiancee Is All About Money And Fast Foods.. Pls Advise - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancee Is All About Money And Fast Foods.. Pls Advise (45796 Views)

My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her / My Fiancee Is Not Trustworthy, She Had Sex With Her Ex Boyfriend / Somebody HELP I Think My Fiancee Is Planning Something Dangerous Against Me!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancee Is All About Money And Fast Foods.. Pls Advise by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 05, 2016
summerflame:
Took my gf to cinema 2 days ago, then to the zoological garden, to the Chinese restaurant. Imagine my gf, she told me point blank that the money I spent on her that day is too much and it's like wasting money that we should learn how to economize, next day, she went into the kitchen and cook my favorite from her purse. That's how relationship should be

Which zoological garden did you take her to and u mind telling us the experience? Btw you got yourself a wonderful chic
Re: My Fiancee Is All About Money And Fast Foods.. Pls Advise by Brightgem(f): 10:07am On Dec 05, 2016
gedtalks:
My people pleaseeee I need sincere advise here. Your advise will definitely guide me on the next step to take.

There is a beautiful girl I've been considering getting married to, but the way she requests money and fast food is making her look very ... lol.. "hungry" and opportunistic to me. The values she sees in a man seem to me like its basically what he will BUY for her. I confess that I made matters worse initially by "fast fooding" each time we meet... Now I think she sees me like a free lunch at crunchies. If I call her in the afternoon, she says I'm hungry.. its so irritating now.. in fact I lost a lot of regards for her..but she doesn't know yet.

Recently she asked me for some money and I refused very politely..she said she was "disappointed".

I wonder if she even loves any other thing about me asides the MONEY I WILL GIVE HER. she pays ABSOLUTELY NO attention the things I want her to see in me...like level of maturity, my leadership skills, I taught she was just being childish, but lately I discovered its just her nature. her ideology about a guy is WHAT WILL I GET FROM HIM.. I might dump her .. i wont even talk to her about it. please advise me
You sure u still need advice, pretty will not cut it. If u are the type of person expecting her to see those in you, ur values are obviously different. And she is dissapointed u dnt have more to give her eh! So marry her and no for better for worse for u. Look for the right qualities in a woman, this one lacks it.
Re: My Fiancee Is All About Money And Fast Foods.. Pls Advise by Blonchilli(m): 10:14am On Dec 05, 2016
dollyjoy:
They probably request for money that way because you presented the image of a wealthy guy before then, to impress i think!
bravo! Most guys we try to 'impress' a woman not by our character but by showing how wealthy and successful you are. If a girl really likes a guy I believe she'll not make money a priority. However some girls just thinks so far a guy comes around its an opportunity to get money. I had a similar experience, we've not started dating yet the girl was already asking for a job and I should pay her some amount of money that she needs for something.
Re: My Fiancee Is All About Money And Fast Foods.. Pls Advise by Realhommie(m): 10:18am On Dec 05, 2016
jahsson:

Sighted... Uve heard millions now all ur antenna don stand...
That's how they roll.. Lolz

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Is All About Money And Fast Foods.. Pls Advise by hopeforcharles(m): 10:22am On Dec 05, 2016
Billyonaire:
Keep on fast-fooding her naw. Why you wan stop ?
are u no that guy that talked about the Pyramid issh? Men u are subconsciously in my memory, hope u haven't given up on educating us.
Re: My Fiancee Is All About Money And Fast Foods.. Pls Advise by Izen: 10:31am On Dec 05, 2016
claremont:

Modern society requires that both a man and a woman make financial contributions to make the relationship work. It might not be equal financial contributions, but there has to be some contribution from the lady other than the traditional roles of "the kitchen and the other room". If women do not want men to see them as slaves and sex objects, they have to make tangible contribution.

However, there are some men who actually prefer females that stick to the traditional roles. I think different people look out for different things.

So in short, this modern society wants to keep taking from women. You still didn't answer my question on what men contribute tho.
Re: My Fiancee Is All About Money And Fast Foods.. Pls Advise by Izen: 10:36am On Dec 05, 2016
dicksonadams:
dislike women like this, they think they are all intellectual and shiy but just like the rest of em

Okay. You dislike women who are intelligent because you know any argument you bring to them will be critically analyzed and they would prove you wrong in your very warped mentality. Why not try to be intelligent your self by coming up with better constructive arguments instead of just hating. You would be building your intellect better in the process. It's a win-win. Next!
Re: My Fiancee Is All About Money And Fast Foods.. Pls Advise by vislabraye(m): 10:41am On Dec 05, 2016
gedtalks:
My people pleaseeee I need sincere advise here. Your advise will definitely guide me on the next step to take.

There is a beautiful girl I've been considering getting married to, but the way she requests money and fast food is making her look very ... lol.. "hungry" and opportunistic to me. The values she sees in a man seem to me like its basically what he will BUY for her. I confess that I made matters worse initially by "fast fooding" each time we meet... Now I think she sees me like a free lunch at crunchies. If I call her in the afternoon, she says I'm hungry.. its so irritating now.. in fact I lost a lot of regards for her..but she doesn't know yet.

Recently she asked me for some money and I refused very politely..she said she was "disappointed".

I wonder if she even loves any other thing about me asides the MONEY I WILL GIVE HER. she pays ABSOLUTELY NO attention the things I want her to see in me...like level of maturity, my leadership skills, I taught she was just being childish, but lately I discovered its just her nature. her ideology about a guy is WHAT WILL I GET FROM HIM.. I might dump her .. i wont even talk to her about it. please advise me

You've answered your question. I wanted to tell you to give him the benefit of the doubt but it looks like she will never change . Just move on.
Re: My Fiancee Is All About Money And Fast Foods.. Pls Advise by Izen: 10:46am On Dec 05, 2016
tunjilana:

I love the way you are being specific...shows you want genuine answers.

Firstly I do not believe the african society(at least my part) teaches a woman to loose everything about herself for the man. And it has nothing to do with civilization, In my part of Nigeria, even before the white man set foot here, women are known as pillars of free enterprise. Marketing and trade was their core. You here things like Iyaloja,Iyalaje et al and mothers even groom daughters to engage in trade and business once they are matured enough. In those days, men were polygamous and mainly gave their wives a fair and reasonable share of what they have, the women often supplement from earnings from trade and other endeavors. My great grand mother was like this likewise my grand mother

Now talking about these days, with education et al, do you seriously think a man will put his daughter through school and possibly even spend more on her(cos the girl child often gets more resources than the boy when growing up, my sisters got what they want while my own small request is always screened smiley ) just so she can pack up? Check the lady topping your class and doing well academically, she obviously won't finish school to pack up...I sincerely believe every woman that packs up for a man never really had plans for a great life. Times changed and a lot of middle class families have diverse ways of managing family while both still earn.A house help on a wage can cook, clean, wash while the woman does something flexible enough to support finance and still have time to instill values in the children.

Simply put a man respects an empowered and level-headed woman...They are assets no man jokes with

Lol, you've still not answered my question. If I'm providing for myself, what else will I gain from being married please? If we're being realistic, we would both agree that every relationship involves giving and taking at some point. So what will I have to gain from my husband if I'm taking care of myself by myself. Good d.I.c.k? grin
And when you say a man respects an empowered and level-headed woman, does it mean men don't appreciate the roles their mothers played in their lives besides finance? If they do, why then do they judge their mothers and potential wives differently? And does it also mean that men hate confident women? You know being confident and being proud can be easily misinterpreted as it usually is in most cases. And why is it okay for men to be confident but not women?
Finally, this is a personal question for you. Do you believe in gender roles?
Re: My Fiancee Is All About Money And Fast Foods.. Pls Advise by Eddodoh(m): 10:49am On Dec 05, 2016
mylove4God:
Please try discussing with her. Let her know how her actions makes you feel. Her response and reaction will let you know what next step to take. She might not know what she is actually doing is wrong. Talk to her and let her know how you feel about it before thinking of breaking up with her. It's better you let her know you feel now that there is still relationship, than when you have broken up the relationship. You never can tell, you might be saving her from more mistakes.
Nice comment.!!! And God will make someone like U scarce ooo while we have 90% of the type of Op's babe roaming everywhere looking for who to devour like a hungry lion.
Re: My Fiancee Is All About Money And Fast Foods.. Pls Advise by Fidelismaria: 11:07am On Dec 05, 2016
favourmic:
Tell her to Come forward! Come! Come! She should not be afraid, What is happening to her eh! It's not ordinary oh! God has remembered her today... Oyaa raise your hand up... Raise it up very well! Then bend it and place it on your head... Preferably where your mind tells you your brain is located... your stomach or your head. Then repeat this prayer after me... *My father! My father* Where ever they have buried my sense and my brain... *In my maternal village* *In my paternal village* *in the coven* Let them Vomit it now! Oya start shouting it with anger ! Shooooooouuuuuuut it grin
With anger:vomit it now vomit it now vomit it now vomit it now

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Is All About Money And Fast Foods.. Pls Advise by decub: 11:58am On Dec 05, 2016
IamMissMarvel:
You are dating a girl and not a woman. Shikenan.

A woman would use the money you would have spent on fast food to cook you two or three different small portioned soups.

As a means of your appreciation, you'll buy her gifts even without her demanding it.

Most fast food and gifts demanding girls are unemployed so the only means to having their way is with men who are drooling after them.

Who fine geh help? Marry a woman who will add value to your life first, spiritually, intellectually, emotionally and finamcially by helping u save.

That one no mean say u go be aradite o. No woman wants to marry a stingy man or one who can't maintain her standard or improve it.
I am getting married to MissMarvel, Shikena!
Re: My Fiancee Is All About Money And Fast Foods.. Pls Advise by vislabraye(m): 12:34pm On Dec 05, 2016
lestat:

Good evening all, this is Lestat once again.. and this time I bring to you another putrid , vomit inducing post!
Posts created by a subset of a subset of nauseating emotional man-boys! No I don't mean your regular still living with mummy and daddy 30 something year old baby daddy's..no. these are even worse than those these are a lower subset of angry , delusional , masturbators who belong to a wretched. Disgusting pit of fvck!
Did you just read this sh1t?
Do you all put yourselves through the torture of reading this poorly worded rant of a weakling attention wh0re of a man boy?
The OP deserves to be alone and sad for this garbage he made us read.
Shame on you OP. No pints for your id1ocy!
Go to bed and rethink your life.
No one wants to read your pathetic post because it's an insult to intelligence and imagination

Take it essy on the guy!! . He needs help.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Is All About Money And Fast Foods.. Pls Advise by Nobody: 12:59pm On Dec 05, 2016
gedtalks:

I feel you should sit her down and talk to her cos she might not see anything wrong in her actions... What is the essence of a relatonship if you can correct eachother huh? So try and work things out ok and also know if she can cook o unless u are ready to teach her.
Re: My Fiancee Is All About Money And Fast Foods.. Pls Advise by vislabraye(m): 1:00pm On Dec 05, 2016
Izen:

I have one honest question for men tho. What else do you really have to offer in a relationship besides finance? Most women have been taught to lose every thing about themselves for the man they love since childhood. The only compensation they've been taught to expect is in terms of finance. So if men hate providing in this generation, what else do they really have to offer?
I'm asking it maybe because it beats me when I hear thing like this especially on Nairaland. It's like no one even values the role women play again. I keep imagining how I would have turned out if my mum didn't have to wake up early to prepare me for school, make breakfast, wash my clothes, care for me when sick, carry me about etc while I was growing up. She was a major part of my growing up years and I loved it. And she did all her wifely duties at the same time. But now, it seems the world doesn't think that's enough unless she contributes financially. Ironically, she does contribute more than enough and that makes her the super woman I don't want to be. Because all I see is her giving and giving and giving. Giving her time, her strength, her self, her money. It must get tiring at some point and I see the stress in her face. It hurts that I had to see my mum cry this year because of the stress of money which shouldn't be her burden.
Anyway, back to my question, honestly if men are not bearing the burden of finance, what else do they have to offer in a relationship/marriage? Is this new ideology of a woman must contribute financially justified or is it due to laziness and lack of responsibility of this generation of men?

The point you are driving at is far different from what the Op is saying. Firstly, he's complaining about his fiancée not being frugal but you're here talking about the struggles your mother went through( which is good by the way).
For you to ask such question (the bolded) shows that you know very little about relationship. It's no problem if you decide to be celibate
Re: My Fiancee Is All About Money And Fast Foods.. Pls Advise by jman77(m): 1:03pm On Dec 05, 2016
gedtalks:

Thanks bro.. but she calls me often on phone.. and feels bad when I don't call.
maga! grin

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Is All About Money And Fast Foods.. Pls Advise by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 05, 2016
veekybaby:
please dump her and come to me # Shebi she doesn't want to be wise neh#....

You wanna eat your own share of fast food but using your discretion
Re: My Fiancee Is All About Money And Fast Foods.. Pls Advise by zameena(f): 1:56pm On Dec 05, 2016
[quote
Re: My Fiancee Is All About Money And Fast Foods.. Pls Advise by francislin(m): 2:01pm On Dec 05, 2016
Pls guys hw cn i post on N/L av got issues bordering will like 2 share pls.i need ur answers tnkx.
Re: My Fiancee Is All About Money And Fast Foods.. Pls Advise by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 05, 2016
So why are you with her then? For farks sake!!! Do you think she will suddenly change when you get married or is that logic lost to you?
Re: My Fiancee Is All About Money And Fast Foods.. Pls Advise by RaeMystix: 2:09pm On Dec 05, 2016
gedtalks:

Thanks bro.. but she calls me often on phone.. and feels bad when I don't call.
That's because she's paranoid that she might lose her free ticket. Imagine this. She is your fiance, yet all she does is ask for money and fast food. What happens when you both get married?. Won't she continue with such attitude?. Oh perhaps you're thinking she would stop her behavior?.

She also might just be using you for money without the intention of marrying you. Her accepting your marriage proposal does not make it a guarantee that she would end up marrying you. Even until the wedding day.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Is All About Money And Fast Foods.. Pls Advise by Enigmaholysiner(m): 2:16pm On Dec 05, 2016
IamMissMarvel:

A woman would use the money you would have spent on fast food to cook you two or three different small portioned soups.

As a means of your appreciation, you'll buy her gifts even without her demanding it.

Most fast food and gifts demanding girls are unemployed so the only means to having their way is with men who are drooling after them.

Who fine geh help? Marry a woman who will add value to your life first, spiritually, intellectually, emotionally and finamcially by helping u save.

That one no mean say u go be aradite o. No woman wants to marry a stingy man or one who can't maintain her standard or improve it.
. Have finally found my missing rib.
Re: My Fiancee Is All About Money And Fast Foods.. Pls Advise by Reeberry: 3:16pm On Dec 05, 2016
veekybaby:
please dump her and come to me # Shebi she doesn't want to be wise neh#....
Na you wise na. undecided
Re: My Fiancee Is All About Money And Fast Foods.. Pls Advise by humblemikel(f): 3:27pm On Dec 05, 2016
IamMissMarvel:

NOW EVERYONE STOP TYPING
THE MESSAGE HAS BEEN DELIVERED ALREADY
ANY OTHER ADVICE NA COUNTERFEIT
OPS TAKE NOTE
Re: My Fiancee Is All About Money And Fast Foods.. Pls Advise by jpphilips(m): 4:33pm On Dec 05, 2016
gedtalks:

You are indirectly telling us that you can't man up, tell her to go eat at home? How did you become a man in the first place let alone one with a fiancee? if you can't tell her to go and cook, how do you intend to tell her you want X number of kids?
I doubt your ability to run a home, just remain a bachelor till you grow some balls.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Is All About Money And Fast Foods.. Pls Advise by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 05, 2016
hopeforcharles:

are u no that guy that talked about the Pyramid issh? Men u are subconsciously in my memory, hope u haven't given up on educating us.

Looking like I will stop educating on those things. People hardly come to class. Seems people are interested in materialism only. I will probably teach them out to make money from nothing but ideas.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Is All About Money And Fast Foods.. Pls Advise by tunjilana: 6:43pm On Dec 05, 2016
Let me first correct an impression. You are not getting into marriage to gain from a man.

You are getting into marriage to pool resources (Physical,mental,spiritual,financial and psychological) together with a man, so that you both can leave great legacies for your kids and society. Simply put, you want greatness, you find a man that want same and you build together.

To answer your question, I do not judge my woman differently from my mother. Hence my taking you through my ancestry smiley (Even My uneducated great grandmother wasn't a stay-at-home, wait-on-my-husband mum. She was a known market woman, popular for her enterprise, same as my grandmother.

A woman should be confident, it is quite different from being heady,difficult,rude or proud...unfortunately I have seen a lot of women mistake bad attitude for confidence. When a woman is empowered, reasonable, easy-to-work-with, intellectually sound, she is an asset.

Have you asked what value you also add to a man's life if all you think you should offer is cook,clean et al, things that he will rather outsource if wealthy enough. I will prefer a woman who will think,work and build with me to be wealthy enough to afford a sound chef and dietician to the woman who wont help our financial life but can cook!!! smiley

I believe in gender roles but seriously in 2016 every father should train up daughters to add financial value to themselves and ultimately their marriage. A man also sets direction and enforces discipline, he ensures kids are in line and makes sure they are moulded right. I guess that answers your question regarding what you(the family) gains

The book of proverb sums up a woman's role in financing a marriage as well

12 She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.

13 She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.

14 She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.

15 She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.

16 She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.

17 She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.

18 She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.

19 She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.

20 She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.

21 She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.

22 She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.

23 Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.

24 She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.

Izen:

Lol, you've still not answered my question. If I'm providing for myself, what else will I gain from being married please? If we're being realistic, we would both agree that every relationship involves giving and taking at some point. So what will I have to gain from my husband if I'm taking care of myself by myself. Good d.I.c.k? grin
And when you say a man respects an empowered and level-headed woman, does it mean men don't appreciate the roles their mothers played in their lives besides finance? If they do, why then do they judge their mothers and potential wives differently? And does it also mean that men hate confident women? You know being confident and being proud can be easily misinterpreted as it usually is in most cases. And why is it okay for men to be confident but not women?
Finally, this is a personal question for you. Do you believe in gender roles?
Re: My Fiancee Is All About Money And Fast Foods.. Pls Advise by summerflame(m): 6:52pm On Dec 05, 2016
ollah1:

Which zoological garden did you take her to and u mind telling us the experience? Btw you got yourself a wonderful chic
ui zoological garden Ibadan. The funniest part is that I met her at a bar when she was a promo rep for castle lite beer. She really cleared my doubt that not all girls are gluttonous like the stupid op fiancee
Re: My Fiancee Is All About Money And Fast Foods.. Pls Advise by summerflame(m): 7:15pm On Dec 05, 2016
Actually, I met her at a bar representing castle lite beer as a sale rep few months ago. We went to the ui zoological garden where I happened to be an alumni, from there to Chinese restaurant and the cinema at Ventura very close to ui. She was angry all through my treat cos she thought I was only wasting my hard earned cash unnecessarily. The highest money she ever asked me for was 2000naira to add to her income to make her hair.. She do buy me gifts and take me out and she's not demanding.. Right now, she is in my kitchen cooking assorted meat she bought with her money without refund for the dinner .. That doesn't mean I ain't performing my responsibility to her..

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Is All About Money And Fast Foods.. Pls Advise by gsalvatore: 7:18pm On Dec 05, 2016
NaMe4:

LOL. Bro, I've come to realize that's a general mentality in this part of the world-even with the male folks!
Someone's appearance dictates how wealthy he is! Hehehehehehehe
The thing is annoying. Either they want to rip you off or they run away from you -inferiority complex style.
Re: My Fiancee Is All About Money And Fast Foods.. Pls Advise by gsalvatore: 7:26pm On Dec 05, 2016
zameena:
seems like it sometimes. I dated a guy who was cheating on me with a girl he made me believe was his sister. Infact anytime she is around he still comes to my place to eat or makes me prepare soup and stew and keep for him. The day I. Found out I almost vanished from earth.
Hahaha... You were his side chic... It happens sha
Re: My Fiancee Is All About Money And Fast Foods.. Pls Advise by AbuMikey(m): 8:23pm On Dec 05, 2016
Billyonaire:

Looking like I will stop educating on those things. People hardly come to class. Seems people are interested in materialism only. I will probably teach them out to make money from nothing but ideas.

Billy, don't stop, yet.

I'm an ardent follower of all of Your classes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

"I'm Better Than His Wife..." Woman Regrets Ending 4yr Relationship. / 5 Ways To Make Your Boyfriend Love You Forever / My Girl's Father Wear Stud Earrings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.