Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,501 members, 7,954,922 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:32 PM

Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development (36617 Views)

Ambode Should Lead Growth, Development Of South West – Fayose / Arewa Youths In An Ongoing Meeting With Igbos In The North (photos) / Inside Details On Why Cabal Is Angry With Osinbajo - Daily Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by orimsamsam(m): 9:24am On Dec 06, 2016
khSteel:

LOL.

I initially classified them as Nollywood films but you in all your wisdom classified them as Yoruba film.

Well, yoruba films are a subset of the larger Nollywood films; however, for most Nollywood films, we all know the cultures that are most prominent among the pack.

I believe you got the intended message.
u are getting ur assertion wrong. Yoruba actress and and actors are nollywood actresses and actors. Just that they choose to act in Yoruba instead of English. Wht statistic do u have to affirm that the IGbo tribe is dominant in nollywood. U ave no statistical figure to back it up , u are only guessing

2 Likes

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by khSteel: 9:29am On Dec 06, 2016
jomonic:

Your first Question: The South Eastern Part of Nigeria was better than the rest. It was the fastest growing economy in Africa at the time.

Your false Claim: Awo education policy had no effect or impact on the education of the Igbos. Its is a shame you can even make this bogus assertion. Tells a lot about your age and refusal to read history.

Your Conclusion: Dead wrong. The problem is you are all allergic to the truth.

Eastern Nigeria was the third fastest growing economy in the whole world in the 60s.

Just because they had first TV station, they erroneously thought others were sleeping.

90% of the income into Nigeria then was through Palm oil, East had the highest, followed by the west through Parts of Bayelsa, Delta, Edo & Ondo - these were the SW cash cow and never cocoa like the always want the whole world to think.

The sole reason for the creation of Mid-west Nigeria (carving out of parts of Bayelsa, Delta and Edo from SW) was a punishment to Awo for his double dealings with North, East & their respective minorities.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by khSteel: 9:31am On Dec 06, 2016
orimsamsam:
u are getting ur assertion wrong. Yoruba actress and and actors are nollywood actresses and actors. Just that they choose to act in Yoruba instead of English. Wht statistic do u have to affirm that the IGbo tribe is dominant in nollywood. U ave no statistical figure to back it up , u are only guessing

And your point is?
Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by orimsamsam(m): 9:35am On Dec 06, 2016
khSteel:

And your point is?
ur assertion that the Igbo's dominated nollywood is wrong

1 Like

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by khSteel: 9:38am On Dec 06, 2016
orimsamsam:
ur assertion that the Igbo's dominated nollywood is wrong

I guess you only see Nollywood from the yoruba films lenses.

Whatever that rocks your boat.

1 Like

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by orimsamsam(m): 9:51am On Dec 06, 2016
khSteel:

I guess you only see Nollywood from the yoruba films lenses.

Whatever that rocks your boat.
am not saying Yoruba's dominant nollywood. Wht am saying is that u shouldn't assert the domination of Igbo's in nollywood. Thank u

1 Like

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by logicab: 9:54am On Dec 06, 2016
khSteel:

Eastern Nigeria was the third fastest growing economy in the whole world in the 60s.
Reference please.

3 Likes

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by orimsamsam(m): 11:24am On Dec 06, 2016
logicab:
Reference please.
abi. They just talk with no evidence to back it up

4 Likes

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by Perceptor(m): 3:30pm On Dec 06, 2016
I don't knw why u guys ar wasting ur resources to prove points to the ipobians Let dem blieve wateva they want, the truth remains. They say there region is d most developed yet they cry of maginalization; they say s/w is bad yet they troop there in millions on a daily basis, they say they want biafra yet they refuse to leave other regions in nigeria...they always say d complete opposite of d obvious truth. All I knw is yorubas dont need ur help, we av neva asked for ur help and u av neva helped us. We av been d one helping u, u av been d one asking for our help. Without yorubas, u can neva succeed in anything in this country because u av neva succeeded in anythin without us. Stop being proud and arrogant, u ar nothin and u av nothin. The only thing unique about u is ur unbelievable delusion.

2 Likes

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by Duru1(m): 5:18pm On Dec 06, 2016
Most Igbo sons and daughters trained in different disciplines all over the world have refused to return to Nigeria in order to contribute their quota due to the current configuration of the cesspit created by British imperialists. Majority of them have indicated the willingness to return home if Biafra is declared nation state and even suggested to teach in their different field of expertise on pro bono.

2 Likes

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by Horlufemi(m): 7:39pm On Dec 06, 2016
khSteel:

Save us this crap of corruption-free and good governance bohahahah.

Was Tinubu and Fashola corruption-free?

I guess using N78 million to build a personal news website by Fashola is corruption-free.

Fashola couldn't use that money to build pedestrian bridges on Lekki-Epe expressway...do you know how many people have died on that expressway.

The GMB u all voted for, how corruption-free is he?
The clown is busy taking N100 for every bank account (current) transactions over N1000 - stealing billions daily from hardworking Nigerians and still go around shouting 'there's no money'. What has he done with all these monies thus far? Nothing!

Your assumptions are just funny. I've never for once like Tinubu. As for Fashola. He's not perfect but he tried, by a lot, still I don't like him.

By the way you have only mentioned the leaders. I'm talking about SW people. Most SW people want good governance and you can't blame them. GEJ government sidelined them and you think they'll vote for him.

As for Buhari all I'll tell you is that He's a colossal failure and if you go settle in US or UK don't pay tax you hear if you won't go jail. Not that I'm supporting his actions but there has to be a tax.

1 Like

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by AkinPhysicist: 7:49pm On Dec 06, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by Ngozi123(f): 8:01pm On Dec 06, 2016
I'm not surprised that this thread has made it to 13 pages. 'Igbo' seems to be the most popular word on this site.

5 Likes

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by bigpicture001: 9:05pm On Dec 06, 2016
willibounce1:

Keep quiet and go face your studies. You can't even type anything reasonable. Just read all of you comments again and see if you'll understand the rubbish you typed. Don't quote me again.
idiot....do u rate a literate by Hw much error he make in his txt?.....u shld b ashamed of ursef.....u can't even match me for Wot ever u studied....if u cum into ma world.trust me u wld b lost...ping headed bastad....if u must knw..am a 1st class in economics.....idiot!!!
Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by chuksmad(m): 9:43pm On Dec 06, 2016
even mmm they said is igbo man that introduced to nigeria which is helping guys to forget buhari and recession
Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by willibounce1(m): 11:22pm On Dec 06, 2016
bigpicture001:
idiot....do u rate a literate by Hw much error he make in his txt?.....u shld b ashamed of ursef.....u can't even match me for Wot ever u studied....if u cum into ma world.trust me u wld b lost...ping headed bastad....if u must knw..am a 1st class in economics.....idiot!!!

1st class indeed. Worthless ragga muffin.
Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by Ikwerreboy(m): 1:10am On Dec 07, 2016
mightyhazell:
Gbam! Let me add dis,...

Wot nigerians need is igbo leadership! Nigeria is running around in circles because Nigerians are deliberately stiffling the igboman. Give the igboman nigeria and in 5years,nigeria will compete with singapore and malaysia,...give him like 15years like has been given 2 the yoruba nation and nigeria will compete favorably with countries like france and canada,..well den give dem like 50years dat has been given to the north and watch nigeria sit pretty with countries like usa and china!

But for the time being,..

Igwebuike cool

Mumu have your south east governors been able to compete Niger delta and South west governors??

You neva develop ur state finish u dey find Nigeria.
Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by FreeGlobe(f): 7:35am On Dec 07, 2016
Ikwerreboy:

[s]Mumu have your south east governors been able to compete Niger delta and South west governors??

You neva develop ur state finish u dey find Nigeria.[/s]
afonja no, south south or south west governor is currently performing better than obiano of Anambra

1 Like

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by BabaRamota1980: 7:51am On Dec 07, 2016
Eastern Nigeria was the third FIRST fastest growing economy in the whole world in the 60s.

Just because they had first TV station, they erroneously thought others were sleeping.

90% of the income into Nigeria then was through Palm oil, East had the highest, followed by the west through Parts of Bayelsa, Delta, Edo & Ondo - these were the SW cash cow and never cocoa like the always want the whole world to think. 

The sole reason for the creation of Mid-west Nigeria (carving out of parts of Bayelsa, Delta and Edo from SW) was a punishment to Awo for his double dealings with North, East & their respective minorities.

Abi u craze? East was the most developed land on the planet in the 60s. Ask where oyinbo learned to make airplane and spacecraft, they will say in Biafra.

East is in a class of its own. Ibos are the saviors of Africa. "Special people"

1 Like

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by mightyhazell: 8:45am On Dec 07, 2016
Ikwerreboy:

Mumu have your south east governors been able to compete Niger delta and South west governors??

You neva develop ur state finish u dey find Nigeria.
ibu ozu nwulu anwu! But I don't expect a useless waste land inhabitant maskin as ikwere 2 undstand dis. Get lost forever!
Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by mightyhazell: 8:49am On Dec 07, 2016
FreeGlobe:

afonja no, south south or south west governor is currently performing better than obiano of Anambra
these afonja apes are hopelessly dumb! But then,how are they not goin 2 be dumb wen dey hardly leave their brown roof clusters

1 Like

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by TruthisGOD: 9:25am On Dec 07, 2016
TheRealestGuy:
Very true.

I have a copy which I cherish so much. My grand kids will read it too...
Pls, do you have the soft copy? Pls can you kindly send to me if you have?
Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by TheRealestGuy(m): 9:30am On Dec 07, 2016
TruthisGOD:
Pls, do you have the soft copy? Pls can you kindly send to me if you have?

It's an old book, the soft copy would be rare to find...
Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by khSteel: 11:42am On Dec 07, 2016
logicab:
Reference please.

The first time I heard about it was between 2010 - 2012 from Prof. Pat Utomi's speech at a symposium on the need for Regionalism & True Federalism. Most of your elites were there and none of them countered him. He gave examples of giant strides of the then Premier of Eastern Nigeria - Michael Okpara. That got me interested into reading more about the man.

That assertion was also confirmed in one of the books I read about that period on the Economic policies of Eastern Nigeria led by Michael Okpara. I think it was also mentioned in the recently de-classified CIA documents on Nigeria of the 1960s.

Honestly, I seriously think that Michael Okpara is the most under-celebrated past leader in Nigeria. The man did great things in his time; his agricultural reform policies was exceptional at the time.

Eastern Nigeria was on the global map as at 1964, its palm oil revenue attracted lots of global attention such that other 3rd world countries including Malaysia came and copied its agricultural reform model to replicate in their various countries.

BTW, what's the big deal about being one of the fastest growing economy in the world? All it takes is the right economic policies and sufficient foreign revenue.
Nigeria was recently (2013 - 2015) one of the fastest growing economies in this world until something enter the China shop.

2 Likes

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by khSteel: 11:43am On Dec 07, 2016
BabaRamota1980:

Abi u craze? East was the most developed land on the planet in the 60s. Ask where oyinbo learned to make airplane and spacecraft, they will say in Biafra.

East is in a class of its own. Ibos are the saviors of Africa. "Special people"

Why don't you just go read up first?
Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by khSteel: 11:47am On Dec 07, 2016
orimsamsam:
abi. They just talk with no evidence to back it up

If you have really read up on your country Nigeria, there's no way you wouldn't have come across that information.

Regards.

Notes to Nigeria Leaders:

You people have failed woefully in not documenting the Nigerian history for the next generation.
Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by khSteel: 11:50am On Dec 07, 2016
orimsamsam:
am not saying Yoruba's dominant nollywood. Wht am saying is that u shouldn't assert the domination of Igbo's in nollywood. Thank u

I never said Igbos are dominant in Nollywood; I said the Igbo culture is what is portrayed most in greater number of Nollywood movies.

Yoruba actors like Olu Jacobs, Joke Silva, Omotola, etc have probably featured in more Igbo cultured movies than in yoruba movies. This is the simple point I made.

1 Like

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by khSteel: 12:10pm On Dec 07, 2016
Horlufemi:

Your assumptions are just funny. I've never for once like Tinubu. As for Fashola. He's not perfect but he tried, by a lot, still I don't like him.

By the way you have only mentioned the leaders. I'm talking about SW people. Most SW people want good governance and you can't blame them. GEJ government sidelined them and you think they'll vote for him.

As for Buhari all I'll tell you is that He's a colossal failure and if you go settle in US or UK don't pay tax you hear if you won't go jail. Not that I'm supporting his actions but there has to be a tax.

I have zero problem with your claim of what most of your people want. So face your front and talk about what your people want. Its that simple.

How come you claim your people want good stuffs and Igbos likes corruption as long as the money keeps coming? Can we see your empirical evidence
You people are very fond of sitting in your respective houses and determining what Igbos want and don't want. Can't you people focus on your lives and leave Igbos the Bleep alone

Tinubu and Fashola are humans, they are not perfect; but GEJ is perfect and didn't try? hypocrite.

How exactly did GEJ sideline the SW people??
I really need your answer on this, then I will show you how GEJ put more money into the pockets of SW people.

Kindly tell GMB to keep collecting the money, no one is complaining but he should stop this constant noise of 'there's no money' when we all know that corruption under his administration has gone out of control. Tell him to get to work; it's almost two (2) years already!

Meanwhile, its the job of the government to put (leave) money in the pockets of its people and not to constantly over-tax its people, that's why governments world-over implement affirmative policies.

1 Like

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by logicab: 2:19pm On Dec 07, 2016
khSteel:

All I asked for was a reference. A book title and quote (along with chapter/page/paragraph) will do.

3 Likes

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 08, 2016
khSteel:

The first time I heard about it was between 2010 - 2012 from Prof. Pat Utomi's speech at a symposium on the need for Regionalism & True Federalism. Most of your elites were there and none of them countered him. He gave examples of giant strides of the then Premier of Eastern Nigeria - Michael Okpara. That got me interested into reading more about the man.

That assertion was also confirmed in one of the books I read about that period on the Economic policies of Eastern Nigeria led by Michael Okpara. I think it was also mentioned in the recently de-classified CIA documents on Nigeria of the 1960s.

Honestly, I seriously think that Michael Okpara is the most under-celebrated past leader in Nigeria. The man did great things in his time; his agricultural reform policies was exceptional at the time.

Eastern Nigeria was on the global map as at 1964, its palm oil revenue attracted lots of global attention such that other 3rd world countries including Malaysia came and copied its agricultural reform model to replicate in their various countries.

BTW, what's the big deal about being one of the fastest growing economy in the world? All it takes is the right economic policies and sufficient foreign revenue.
Nigeria was recently (2013 - 2015) one of the fastest growing economies in this world until something enter the China shop.

If you read Fredrick Foresights - ''the story of Biafra", it is clearly mentioned there as well.
Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by DerideGull(m): 2:32pm On Dec 08, 2016
cjrane:

That is truly the most comprehensive and precise account of events that led Nigeria into a civil war and how the civil war was fought inside Biafra.

https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/4573462_ncw_jpegf78073f87ac9ab4f339b0ee06d6e7c5a

Do not show your ignorance on the public arena. It is nice to utter certain sentences with caution.
Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by DerideGull(m): 2:40pm On Dec 08, 2016
justuschi50:
first,d yoruba are wise in term of education, the northerners only know agriculture and how to increase in population but d ibo are good in every aspect from education, manufacturing, agricultural, d ibo have d knowledge of putting food in there table which no other tribe possess such component.

Arrant nonsense. It is make happy and goofy stuff borne out of stack ignorance of the facts.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Governor Obiano & His Wife Cruise In Keke In Awka As Crowd Hail Them(pics,video) / Sack Abba Kyari Now – Deji Adeyanju, Calls On Interpol To Arrest Him / Postponement Of The General Elections Is A Great Disappointment – Festus Keyamo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.