Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development (36021 Views)

Ambode Should Lead Growth, Development Of South West – Fayose / Arewa Youths In An Ongoing Meeting With Igbos In The North (photos) / Inside Details On Why Cabal Is Angry With Osinbajo - Daily Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 05, 2016
I guess each individual's experience shapes their world-view. If you ask me which tribe is more spiteful, I would tell you its Igbos based on my experience.

In my first job, we were strictly forbidden from talking about religion and tribe at work. It was owned by delta-igbos, and asides from the fact that they were shitty capitalists, I never had cause to complain that I was treated in a certain way cos I'm yoruba, likewise I'm sure very few (if any) people could complain they were advantaged cos they are Igbo.

As soon I changed jobs to another bank, I had to deal with filthy tribalism on a daily basis. I had an igbo boss who was born and bred in Lagos, but would everyday make a filthy comment about yoruba people. Not like she was a bad person per se, but she made me not keen on coming to work everyday, cos like clock-work, tribalism would rear its ugly head before close of business. It didn't help that Goodluck Jonathan lost the election; as a matter of fact I had to become pro-Buhari against my will, just to silently hit back cos it was excessive. Before long, the contract Staff joined her in making these silly comments. To my relief I got another job, and cut contact with her as soon as I could.

In hindsight, a majority of the Igbo people I worked with were always like that, but I guess cos the environment didn't encourage such, it never over-flowed plus GEJ's loss made a lot of them mad.

Anyways, since then I've since become a staunch supporter of splitting Nigeria, and would happily donate money to IPOB, if thats what it would take. I honestly don't see Nigeria doing another 20 years with this amount of ethnic sentiments. But then its sad, cos the same problems that confront us now would only become magnified when we are all mini-states.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by me69: 10:08am On Dec 05, 2016
Princedapace:

U must be a kid...I guess... U juat typed something...I'm sure u av never traveled outside ur region...

My guy...u are talking to a person ...as young as I am..I av traveled to all the regions in Nigeria...at least one or two states per region..

If u av been to onistcha and Aba first hand..I mean..u av the spirit of adventure in u and u travel there to meet producers and manufacters first hand...u woundt av type this shit..

I'm guessing u are from the west...becus..they are the least travelled within naija..

An Hausa man will hardly type this...becus..most of them travel to south east to buy goods.. Lolz...

If u knoq number of people traveling to onitcha and aba to buy goods...u will be shocked..

I was in Ibadan few months back..I went to eat at a restaurant.. The woman got talking with me...and she spoke Igbo...she is Yoruba..and I was shocked at the clearness of her Ibo...she said...for more than 10 years...she regularly traveled to Aba and Onitsha to buy goods she sold in Ibadan..from her business...she was able to establish the big restaurant ..

Meet Hausa men who buy goods down there...they will tell u... Yes..there are imported goods..but there are so many first hand manufactured goods made from south east .

Like I said before...if u can cross river Niger..u will not type that u just did..and I'm sure u are still young...I'm young too but I av traveled and I am curious..

Take it or leave it...those guys are fucking industrious..

The land of Igbo can't be enough for the Igbos in business.. I was shocked to find out that in many Yoruba states..like Ibada...some markets are fully dominated by Igbo business men and women..

While in south east...igbos still dominate their markets.

It tells u one thing...those guys are fucking industrious ..

Do u know why civil service jobs are not all that attractive in south east? The people prefer to manufacture and do business...this is why it looks as if their governors can pay salaries..or are working...no..unlike the other parts of Nigeria where govt jobs are kings...making it difficult for governors of such regions to meet up with salary issues..

My guy girl friend is from bayelsa state..do u know she buys her finished products from Aba? She graduated few years ago and she went into trading...she has contacts of manufacturers of her products in aba..

Do u knoq how many people travel from Port Hacout to Aba to buy finished products every day? Abi u sabi people who travel from Akwa ibom to Aba to buy made in Aba products..my guy...my ex class mate in the unn...his parents have been buying and selling made in aba products for more than 15 years now..

Abi...u think sey...igbos in Aba will just wake up...travel to Lagos..import goods and sell to people who travel from south south...south west and north? Does that make sense to u?

All these guys wey dey travel from Ibadan go onitsha no sabi Lagos abi? My guy...I dey travel a lot..baba..make u travel and learn , okay..
my friend answer the question. What do u manufacture that other part of the country does not? all those goods you are importing from outside no be manufacturing oooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by LastProphet: 10:09am On Dec 05, 2016
what a disappointment, shame on academia, so ibos are so great then how big is the economy in ibo states? instead of saying ibos progress in criminality more than others a prof is talking smelly rubbish

8 Likes

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by Princedapace(m): 10:11am On Dec 05, 2016
me69:
my friend answer the question. What do u manufacture that other part of the country does not? all those goods you are importing from outside no be manufacturing oooo

And I said my friend..why are people from south west and north...south south..buy goods from Onitsha and Aba..?

I said it...u never travel...baba..u never travel at all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by mightyhazell: 10:12am On Dec 05, 2016
me69:
Those who complain are obviously the one who can't find satisfaction where they are so I must include you my brother. I not the richest of man but I know that wealth comes from God and that if God has allowed you, you should be able to stand up and go find honest chop. I can't wait for no government but I can do it with my people. But you, you want to blame others for your difficulties it is not fair to you becuz you wasting your energy and time. What have you done at your community level probably nothing. We are all in it togheter.
ofcourse am also affected if things aint goin right around me and dats y am complaining. Unlike most of u lots dat r v comfy ,wit nonsense. When I have to spend close 2 100k monthly just 2 provide electricity for my home and biz,..ofcourse I shd worry,..when nepotism and attendant incompetence is the order of d day in a so called country of mine, I shd worry. Its like am wasting my time with ppl dat feel cool voting a backward person 2 com and lead dem. Ofcourse I shd feel bad,atleast if not 4 myself for fellow so called country men,milling around daily v hungry poor and bleary eyed.

My guy,u can't undstand my pains,ur level of ambition is way below average. Keep wallowing in ur poor thinking and resigned fate. Let me worry abt an improved state of living. Bye

5 Likes

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by Cooly100: 10:18am On Dec 05, 2016
logicab:
In a democracy, power is won and not handed over in gift wrappings.

The opportunity handed the Yorubas after the death of Abiola...in which only OBJ and Olu Falae were the major contestants..was what manner of gift...? Say sorry if you are deeply ignorant.... tongue tongue

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by 0xtr010r: 10:19am On Dec 05, 2016
AnanseK:

Except that they buy and sell cocaine.

You meant this?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by drnoel: 10:19am On Dec 05, 2016
Bagehot:
I guess each individual's experience shapes their world-view. If you ask me which tribe is more spiteful, I would tell you its Igbos based on my experience.

In my first job, we were strictly forbidden from talking about religion and tribe at work. It was owned by delta-igbos, and asides from the fact that they were shitty capitalists, I never had cause to complain that I was treated in a certain way cos I'm yoruba, likewise I'm sure very few (if any) people could complain they were advantaged cos they are Igbo.

As soon I changed jobs to another bank, I had to deal with filthy tribalism on a daily basis. I had an igbo boss who was born and bred in Lagos, but would everyday make a filthy comment about yoruba people. Not like she was a bad person per se, but she made me not keen on coming to work everyday, cos like clock-work, tribalism would rear its ugly head before close of business. It didn't help that Goodluck Jonathan lost the election; as a matter of fact I had to become pro-Buhari against my will, just to silently hit back cos it was excessive. Before long, the contract Staff joined her in making these silly comments. To my relief I got another job, and cut contact with her as soon as I could.

In hindsight, a majority of the Igbo people I worked with were always like that, but I guess cos the environment didn't encourage such, it never over-flowed plus GEJ's loss made a lot of them mad.

Anyways, since then I've since become a staunch supporter of splitting Nigeria, and would happily donate money to IPOB, if thats what it would take. I honestly don't see Nigeria doing another 20 years with this amount of ethnic sentiments. But then its sad, cos the same problems that confront us now would only become magnified when we are all mini-states.

Well said. Thats my sentiments too but rather diverted at my other half of the divide which are the yorubas. Unlike the igbos they are alot more tolerant. I know cos have seen both sides of the coin. Whenever my igbo cousins come visiting the yoruba ones and vice versa, it was always WWF from beginning of the visit to the end. The fights always bothered on ethnicity. For us teens then it was fun but for our parents it was real. One thing I noticed though was that my igbo cousins were good with yarns and yabbs much to the discomfort of my western cousins who always took things seriously and it always led to a fight. Even when we played football againts ourselves it was always East team against West team and I always found myself in the crossroad, on the fence and they always tried to make me choose. Peeps its not the best of feelings. We can do things better without all the hate.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by IPOB123london: 10:20am On Dec 05, 2016
ndi ara

we are not boastful at all oo

Envious fellas thinking we do not know

Now lets take nl for a case study

In auto section u have ikenna giving peugeot what to think about

U have made in Biafran shoes all over the place

u have prototype from Biafran children all over the place

u have makeshift fuselage of aircraft all over the place

u have heavy duty machinery all over the place

u have spyderman in contruction

now these are just in nl

even at the time of war most of the properties in the east were at ground zero before they were built up again while the north is still like a dogcart

Mind you we are direct descendants of Chukwu okike himself

there is nothing boastful here even to traffic drugs isnt boastful init? so the issue is we must march to where we can kill each other and boast among ourselves

By the way anything discuss aside this is rubbish

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by logicab: 10:24am On Dec 05, 2016
Cooly100:

The opportunity handed the Yorubas after the death of Abiola...in which only OBJ and Olu Falae were the major contestants..was what manner of gift...? Say sorry if you are deeply ignorant.... tongue tongue
Simple logic that eludes you: Abiola was Yoruba. Yorubas were placated. Try again.

4 Likes

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by Cooly100: 10:24am On Dec 05, 2016
logicab:
Simple logic that eludes you: Abiola was Yoruba. Yorubas were placated. Try again.

Was the power won, or was that a gift? Who apply logic...pocket lawyer...!!

3 Likes

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by engreo(m): 10:25am On Dec 05, 2016
lordyugo:

how would u knw if igbo communities are developed when u hv dat afonja genetic malfunction of fear to travel out ur brown roof regions nd hustle or are u from lagos state too?loool.
dnt evn get me started on sw communities cos its best depicted as a horror movie. Why not travel to se during festive period for any event nd I promise u ul hate being an afonja
beggi keep quite, travel to your erosion infested red mud soil for what? Is it market, education, tourism or social life that we don't have the best here in sw.....even, you peole that own the region are leave the place in millions to sw for better life and u are expecting yoruba in such place .......yoruba only travelled outside the country not to ur yest side

9 Likes

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 05, 2016
RockHard:

Yeah, and yet since independence no single SE state is even mentioned among the top 5 economic contributors in Nigeria alone, not to talk of Africa. Doesn't charity begin at home again?? I think what you meant to say is that Nigeria will become the drug-trafficking capital of the world within 5 years. cheesy Sometimes I wonder the kind of egbo some of you smoke before typing. lol

Not quite my brother. The Nigerian space has stultified the progress Igbos should have made over the years. You might be too young to understand; probably fed with lies by those who do not want a fair competition in Nigeria. Among the Igbo success is always a destination that everyone desires naturally. Begging is not in our culture. Competition is very welcome but Nigerians don't want to compete with us. That's the problem. Let me tell you. The time in those 50's and early 60's when the central government did not exercise the neck-break control was the best period for the Igbos and a reference for who the Igbo man is. The success we attained in this period is a poignant nightmare that your bigoted brothers do not want to see happen anymore, even if they bring the entire country down as a result which is exactly what they have done. But it has brought collateral damage for all of us. Way forward is for sensible people to come together and make governance what it was when things worked. The big resounding outcome will always be restructuring so that when a bigot at Aso Rock indicates that he will not dispense dividend of democracy to those who did not vote for him, such a bigoted position will not have any effect.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by logicab: 10:26am On Dec 05, 2016
Cooly100:

Was that a gift or what?
It was not a gift; it was earned due to the sacrifice of Abiola. Once an Igbo man can win an election and then denied and murdered, feel free to look for a "gift" to other Igbo men.

4 Likes

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by eyeview: 10:28am On Dec 05, 2016
Saintsquare:
The Oba's statement is wrong,but I'm sure Yorubas living in the east can never try to provoke there host by trying to manipulate voting cos of hatred.
A group of igbo leaders out of respect paid a courtesy call on the oba of lagos. It had nothing to do with politics. The oba in his usual unguarded manner started shouting that he had annointed a candidate,ambode and that every igboman should follow his choice of candidate and that anybody who doesnt will be drowned in the lagoon.
Youngman, how is that igbos trying to manipulate voting cos of hatred? How?
I hate when you people see the truth and try to subvert it for tribalism

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by Cooly100: 10:28am On Dec 05, 2016
logicab:
It was not a gift; it was earned due to the sacrifice of Abiola. Once an Igbo man can win an election and then denied and murdered, feel free to look for a "gift" to other Igbo men.

Is that in the constitution...?Or you are bringing that out from your emotions...Emotions don't rule a country...constitutions does, mister...Who cares who is murdered...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by ElsonMorali: 10:28am On Dec 05, 2016
tobiasbeecher:

Bro what the man said is the truth, other parts of Nigeria hate the Igbos a lot especially the Yorubas and you know this. If you look at the opposition to Biafra, the yorubas are at the forefront, the Hausas are not even showing much resistance. So the hatred is there and I know you also hate them

Hahahahahahaha... You no go fit kill me with laughter abeg.

Yorubas hate you?

Are you aware there are almost as many Igbos in Yoruba land than there are in Igbo land itself and there has not been one Igbo death related to "racism" in Yorubaland?

I understand that persecution complex is a genetic problem that affects most igbos unfortunately.

Nobody hates you except yourselves. That's why y'all can't stay back at home and develop your land.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by Alexbrain(m): 10:29am On Dec 05, 2016
ibkgab001:
Igbo of all tribe

I keep hating them with passion everyday

They would t listen to others .. All full of themselves

Pride goes before it falls

Their literate are brainwashing other literates and super illiterates amoung them

Mind you I have them at my B/ Q behaving like their father owns this land
YOU are the one that sounds brain-washed. What you wrote up there proves it.
Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by Alexbrain(m): 10:34am On Dec 05, 2016
me69:
Look, Igbo's have have to forgot all that nonsense about being superior to others and people envying them. That couldn't more far from the truth. Nobody is jealous of Igbo's.FACT!!!! When I hear all that I sometimes feel like if these people were White, they will be more racist than the White racist people or the Zionist Jews. Sad that we have people like this is our country.
Abeg just shut up!!!
Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by logicab: 10:37am On Dec 05, 2016
Cooly100:

Is that in the constitution...?Or you are bringing that out from your emotions...Emotions don't rule a country...constitutions does, mister...Who cares who is murdered...
...Abiola was elected and murdered. At least get an Igbo man elected first before you start doing your usual dlck measuring contest with Yoruba.

4 Likes

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by Goke7: 10:40am On Dec 05, 2016
Bagehot:

painful thing is that this rubbish has creeped into churches our se peeps are now agitating in churches where they feel they are not or cannot dominate others. mhen we are in deep poo in this country with this tribal ish.

1 Like

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by lordyugo: 10:40am On Dec 05, 2016
engreo:
beggi keep quite, travel to your erosion infested red mud soil for what? Is it market, education, tourism or social life that we don't have the best here in sw.....even, you peole that own the region are leave the place in millions to sw for better life and u are expecting yoruba in such place .......yoruba only travelled outside the country not to ur yest side

onukwu wat do u knw bout hustling,my frnd go nd buy agbo wit 50beans nd rice. Travel out so ul curse d afonja blood in u

3 Likes

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by DedeNkem: 10:42am On Dec 05, 2016
I'm so glad I'm Igbo and I'm doing great.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by Saintsquare(m): 10:42am On Dec 05, 2016
eyeview:

A group of igbo leaders out of respect paid a courtesy call on the oba of lagos. It had nothing to do with politics. The oba in his usual unguarded manner started shouting that he had annointed a candidate,ambode and that every igboman should follow his choice of candidate and that anybody who doesnt will be drowned in the lagoon.
Youngman, how is that igbos trying to manipulate voting cos of hatred? How?
I hate when you people see the truth and try to subvert it for tribalism
Same way y'all.see the truth but tribalism cloud your image.Its always some other tribe, playing victims always no matter what,instead of telling yourself the truth, you will.always look for an afonja to blame for all.your woes.
Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by emerged01(m): 10:43am On Dec 05, 2016
No one can deny the fact that Igbos are good technically but why should Nigeria be angry with igbos when 80% of the region's wealth is outside nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by ayindejimmy(m): 10:43am On Dec 05, 2016
tobiasbeecher:

Mr man can you stop being a hypocrite for once? Who told you most of yorubas condemned it? Are we not in Nigeria when the tragic incident happened. For your information, most yourbas, in fact all Yorubas supported him both educated and uneducated just like you're doing now by justifying why he did it. And if you're still still wondering why I called u a hypocrite, it's because you have a convenient reason why the Oba of Lagos made his comment but failed to see the reason why prof Chinedu Nebo made his! It's only hypocrites that behave that way.

Check your dictionary for the meaning if " Most "

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/180719-apc-disowns-oba-of-lagos-over-threat-to-igbos.html

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/180682-anti-igbo-comment-ambode-disowns-oba-of-lagos-says-every-ethnic-group-safe-under-me.html

If you've chosen to argue blindly without concrete fact, then you'll see your hypocrisy in the mirror

Until you ppl are united within yourselves and stop blaming every tribe but yourselves for your political miscalculations and prematurity - you just be wallowing in that same inferiority complex and needles defence mechanism

2 Likes

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 05, 2016
0xtr010r:

You meant this?

Let's unite and make Nigeria great. Stop been a tribalist for once. The north is united but the south is divided because some people think biafra is the way out

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Olajumoke Awosika: I Will Return To My N20m Farm If I Get Licence To Use Guns / Full List Of Saraki’s Property In 2003 / 5 Reasons Atiku Gave For Leaving APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.