Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development (35935 Views)

Ambode Should Lead Growth, Development Of South West – Fayose / Arewa Youths In An Ongoing Meeting With Igbos In The North (photos) / Inside Details On Why Cabal Is Angry With Osinbajo - Daily Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by Masterclass32: 6:37am On Dec 05, 2016
ENUGU-THE former Minister of Power, Professor Chinedu Nebo has said that there would be no Nigeria without Igboman, who were made special people by God to build economy of the country. He said that other ethnic nationalities in the country envy the Igbo nation because of their resourcefulness, dignity of labour and rich cultural heritage.

Professor Nebo who was also the former Vice Chancellor of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, made this known while speaking to newsmen at the South East Development and Leadership Initiative (SELDI) 2016 in Enugu with the theme “Integrating the Southeast Economy for Sustainable Growth and Development”.

Prof Nebo He urged all Igbo sons and daughters from different walks of life to return home and invest with a view of making our homeland great again.

“Nigeria is angry with the Igbo’s growth and development. It is obvious. It is only in Nigeria that a traditional ruler will open his mouth and say that if you do not vote for this person, then we will drown you and throw you into the lagoon. A traditional ruler who is suppose to be the promoter of peace and custodian of the people’s culture and tradition”.

“It is high time we woke up and believed in ourselves. The Igbos are great people all over the world. About 80% of Igbo wealth is in the Diaspora. We invest outside the country without coming back home. We need to adopt the “think home philosophy”, come back home and develop our land.

“We need to build and develop love for one another. The philosophy of “igwebuike” (togetherness) is still there. There shall be capacity for mentorship for our younger generation.

The former Minister, who described the summit as timely and apt, also advocated for an improved educational system that will ensure that capable individuals are produced from institutions of learning. “We need to build an educational system that is relevant. It is not just enough to churn out graduates into the labour market. We need to develop our education system and curriculum in science, innovation and mathematics”, he said.

In an address, the Lead Promoter of SELDI, Mr Ikenna Modebelu, said “SELDI’s vision recognizes the challenges of the southeast region and aims to tackle them by promoting leadership that will foster development in areas of investment, infrastructure development, economic growth, value re-orientation, emerging market opportunities and youth empowerment through intensive advocacy campaigns”.

“The promoters of SELDI believe that there is leadership deficit across all classes in the region including elites who have failed to lead by example. SELDI is committed to the “Think home, build home” philosophy and believes that time has come for the southeasterners to come together and join hands in developing the region for the good of present and future generations”, his address read.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/nigeria-angry-igbos-growth-development-former-minister/

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by LecciGucci: 6:40am On Dec 05, 2016
I like ibo people im from ss.
I lov my ibo gal from imo state!.

eleko1:
undecided sad Those Fheads pipu

What it is na?
U people are so full of hate wen they start with u.. u start calling them tribalist.

U westerners are worst

209 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by saxwizard(m): 6:40am On Dec 05, 2016
OK
op just wait for it.......the IPOB and afonja will soon turn this place to battle ground. ......am out of herr before dey come

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by Atiku2019: 6:45am On Dec 05, 2016
Lemme watch and observe cool

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by tchimatic(m): 6:46am On Dec 05, 2016
I don't knw wat took us dis long to wake up................proudly IGBO!!!!!!!!

141 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by NIGHTMAREOO7: 6:48am On Dec 05, 2016
eleko1:
undecided sad [s]Those Fheads pipu nor go kill us with their fake products.[/s]

If I say AF... u say ON...anoda one say JA
Omo na u sabi grin

180 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by mightyhazell: 6:52am On Dec 05, 2016
Gbam! Let me add dis,...

Wot nigerians need is igbo leadership! Nigeria is running around in circles because Nigerians are deliberately stiffling the igboman. Give the igboman nigeria and in 5years,nigeria will compete with singapore and malaysia,...give him like 15years like has been given 2 the yoruba nation and nigeria will compete favorably with countries like france and canada,..well den give dem like 50years dat has been given to the north and watch nigeria sit pretty with countries like usa and china!

But for the time being,..

Igwebuike cool

204 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by NIGHTMAREOO7: 6:57am On Dec 05, 2016
N
Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by LecciGucci: 7:00am On Dec 05, 2016
eleko1:
undecided undecided :]Tell ur Fheads pipu not to kill us with all these fake products.i'm afraid to buy Eva water,wine,oil cos Fheads developers are doing WONDER

Shut up ur mouth then u can drink ur urine.
They are still better than u guys on issue of trust.

U can betray ur own blood and dont even know friend wen some cases arise

118 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by Boleyndynasty2(f): 7:02am On Dec 05, 2016
Think Home!!! The best thing that ever happened to me is being igbo kiss cool

154 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by RockHard: 7:13am On Dec 05, 2016
mightyhazell:
Gbam! Let me add dis,...

Wot nigerians need is igbo leadership! Nigeria is running around in circles because Nigerians are deliberately stiffling the igboman. Give the igboman nigeria and in 5years,nigeria will compete with singapore and malaysia,...give him like 15years like has been given 2 the yoruba nation and nigeria will compete favorably with countries like france and canada,..well den give dem like 50years dat has been given to the north and watch nigeria sit pretty with countries like usa and china!

But for the time being,..

Igwebuike cool

Yeah, and yet since independence no single SE state is even mentioned among the top 5 economic contributors in Nigeria alone, not to talk of Africa. Doesn't charity begin at home again?? I think what you meant to say is that Nigeria will become the drug-trafficking capital of the world within 5 years. cheesy Sometimes I wonder the kind of egbo some of you smoke before typing. lol

116 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by Jafar1: 7:24am On Dec 05, 2016
NIGERIA IS ANGRIER WITH BUHARI

7 Likes

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by IkpuMmadu: 7:47am On Dec 05, 2016
RockHard:

Yeah, and yet since independence no single SE state is even mentioned among the top 5 economic contributors in Nigeria alone, not to talk of Africa. Doesn't charity begin at home again?? I think what you meant to say is that Nigeria will become the drug-trafficking capital of the world within 5 years. cheesy Sometimes I wonder the kind of egbo some of you smoke before typing. lol

And you believe that...well if you can believe that you can also believe that oduduwa fell from sky

118 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 05, 2016
Nice one from Prof Nebo. There's this consciousness in the better south now that I like so much. People are beginning to wake up gradually and are looking home now. God bless the Igbo nation. God bless the SS.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by LecciGucci: 8:15am On Dec 05, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

My brother....those guys are despicable...dealing with them ,is perilous...the better south have realised

They ll only deceive people that dnt kno them

3 Likes

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by ibkgab001: 8:27am On Dec 05, 2016
Igbo of all tribe

I keep hating them with passion everyday

They would t listen to others .. All full of themselves

Pride goes before it falls

Their literate are brainwashing other literates and super illiterates amoung them

Mind you I have them at my B/ Q behaving like their father owns this land

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by PedroJP(m): 8:28am On Dec 05, 2016
Tell them Nebo. They are not understanding grin

12 Likes

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 8:28am On Dec 05, 2016
grin
Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by EternalBeing: 8:29am On Dec 05, 2016
Anyone that's annoyed at the progress of others cannot progress. It's not a curse, u cannot develop an habit/achievement u hate to see in others. I used to call all Millionaires thieves, the more passionate hatred for the wealthy grew, the more my poverty increased. Till I read Think and Grow Rich, and The Millionaires Mindset and I saw my wrong midset. Now, I'm a Millionaire to GOD's Glory. It's not a mistake and not by Chance. Go into trading, buying and selling; it's the easiest way to become a Millionaire.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by deebrain(m): 8:30am On Dec 05, 2016
eleko1:
undecided undecided sadTell ur Fheads pipu not to kill us with all these fake products.i'm afraid to buy Eva water,wine,oil cos Fheads developers are doing WONDERS

You are not wise. Tell your people to seek sense, help, deliverance and the ability to be innovative.

Deebrain reporting live from NCAN Igbo division.

This is NCAN.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by sakalisis(m): 8:30am On Dec 05, 2016
grin
Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by HQuadreal: 8:32am On Dec 05, 2016
Nigeria Politics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by kenex4ever(m): 8:33am On Dec 05, 2016
eleko1:
undecided sad Those Fheads pipu nor go kill us with their fake products.
this prof nebo man dey talk rubbish

Why is it dat wen dey mention ibos na afonja people go carry am for head. Na only una be Nigeria? Amebo, loud mouth, empty vessel wen dey make loud noise

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Zuriel Oduwole Meets Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović, Croatia's First Female President / Pro-buhari Senators Relocate To Sheraton To Begin Impeachment Of Saraki / Yakubu Gowon: Why I Detained Soyinka During The Civil War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.