Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? (12906 Views)

Daddy Freeze Reacts To Pastor Kumuyi On Women Wearing Trousers / 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned / Is Pastor John Obayemi Still The RCCG General Overseer In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by akintom(m): 5:59pm On Dec 11, 2016
Sinkills:
I am not 'excited' about 'roasting' human flesh. Just that my Bible tells me about the reality of hell fire and that it is sinners and the disobedient that will go there. I love you and others like you and I don't want you to roast there FOR ALL ETERNITY! If I keep quite and pretend it doesn't exist or water down the message so that you will be comfortable and happy with me as some 'preachers' do, that means I actually hate you. Do you now understand that we are the ones who really love you?

Sorry, you folks are full of hate and bitterness against fellow humans, who don't subscribe to your religious illusions.

You folks are so limited in thinking and understanding of life, as to begin to think and claim that a Jewish doG, who commanded all kinds of atrocious acts against humanity, is anything close to the definition of love.

You deeper life folks are particularly bigoted to the extreme. So holy than thou are you folks, that other religious groups are all heading to hell. According to your own understanding of the Bible.

I detest seriously, whatever comes from you folks, because it's irritatingly filthy.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by Sinkills: 6:50pm On Dec 11, 2016
akintom:

Sorry, you folks are full of hate and bitterness against fellow humans, who don't subscribe to your religious illusions.

You folks are so limited in thinking and understanding of life, as to begin to think and claim that a Jewish doG, who commanded all kinds of atrocious acts against humanity, is anything close to the definition of love.

You deeper life folks are particularly bigoted to the extreme. So holy than thou are you folks, that other religious groups are all heading to hell. According to your own understanding of the Bible.

I detest seriously, whatever comes from you folks, because it's irritatingly filthy.
I see you are actually an atteist as I earlier stated. You don't have any locus standi to discuss with me on issues concerning God. You are trying to use sentiments against Deeper Life to draw support from Christians and others who may not exactly like Deeper Life's modus operandi. You are crafty and subtil just like someone mentioned in Genesis 3:1 and 2nd Corrintians 11:3. Obviously, you hate pastor Kumuyi and his members with passion from your bile-filled comments. I was once like you. May God have mercy on you as He had on me in Jesus' name, Amen.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by akintom(m): 7:09pm On Dec 11, 2016
Sinkills:
I see you are actually an atteist as I earlier stated. You don't have any locus standi to discuss with me on issues concerning God. You are trying to use sentiments against Deeper Life to draw support from Christians and others who may not exactly like Deeper Life's modus operandi. You are crafty and subtil just like someone mentioned in Genesis 3:1 and 2nd Corrintians 11:3. Obviously, you hate pastor Kumuyi and his members with passion from your bile-filled comments. I was once like you. May God have mercy on you as He had on me in Jesus' name, Amen.

Correction....... I don't hate human beings, i detest and abhor inimical beliefs and ideas.

Why are you dodgy from calling me Satan?

You folks are certainly segregationists, full of spite and hate, for folks who don't subscribe to your own brand of gospel.

You're never like me, because if you were, you wouldn't have dived into this mess and filth called religion.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by An2elect2(f): 9:12am On Dec 12, 2016
Sinkills:
So you are serving a partial, selective, discriminatory and unrighteous god? How are you sure you are not among those predestined to hell fire by your god. So please, repent and receive Jesus into your heart by faith and as such come over to my own loving, merciful, righteous, holy and just God. He will not discriminate against you once you are sincere. God bless you.
How insincere can you be?

You know not the mysteries of our God because you have not the Spirit of truth in you! And when you are shown, you blaspheme against it.

May God have mercy on you.

Seeing that you prefer to glory in men than in Christ. I leave you for God to judge

1 Like

Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by Sinkills: 10:41am On Dec 12, 2016
[quote author=An2elect2 post=51851459] How insincere can you be?

You know not the mysteries of our God because you have not the Spirit of truth in you! And when you are shown, you blaspheme against it.

Seeing that you prefer to glory in men than in Christ. I leave you for God to judge
[/quote, Please, I don't need your kind of spirit. Yes, there are mysteries but there is no eternal security for sinning 'Christians' neither is there predestination because that is against the very nature of a righteous God and Judge Who created us not as robots but as free moral agents. He has told us His word and helps us to obey and do His will for those who are willing. You are actually the one misrepresenting Him and misleading people. I am 'blaspheming' against the god of eternal security and predestination because he is fake and those who propagate false doctrines are as fake as their god and master. May God's mercy lead you to repentance so that you will not send multitudes to eternal perdition as your erroneous 'gospel' is doing I J N, Amen.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by Sinkills: 10:53am On Dec 12, 2016
An2elect2:
How insincere can you be?

I am not glorying in men than in Christ. Not at all. I was saved by grace from Christ and I'm being preserved by grace. Ditto for every other true believer. All I am emphasizing is that there is no eternal security neither is there predestination. Whoever repents and believes on Christ will be saved and whosoever takes heed to Christ's commands and warnings and endures till the end will be saved ultimately (Matthew 24:13, 42-51). Thank you.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by Sinkills: 11:18am On Dec 12, 2016
akintom:

Correction....... I don't hate human beings, i detest and abhor inimical beliefs and ideas.

Why are you dodgy from calling me Satan?

You folks are certainly segregationists, full of spite and hate, for folks who don't subscribe to your own brand of gospel.

You're never like me, because if you were, you wouldn't have dived into this mess and filth called religion.

Is that so? Those who have the characters you mentioned are certainly not Christians even if they are members of Deepee Life Bible Church or any other living Church for that matter. In every 12, there is likely to be a Judas. So it is very wrong to generalize that all the twelve are Judases. Moreover, pastor Kumuyi and his able lieutenants as well true men of God of other denominations never taught or us to be hateful and spiteful as you painted just as Christ never taught Judas to be covetous and treacherous. But we have a duty under God to call false teachers and deceivers by their names so as to save the unwary multitudes from deception and perdition. Of course you are not Satan but it is obvious you share certain of his characteristics. I was once sinful, crafty, irreligious and blasphemous like some people until Christ saved me by grace. He will have mercy in you too I J N, Amen.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by akintom(m): 11:39am On Dec 12, 2016
Sinkills:
Is that so? Those who have the characters you mentioned are certainly not Christians. In every 12, there is likely to be a Judas. So it is very wrong to generalize that all the twelve are Judases. Moreover, pastor Kumuyi and his able lieutenants never taught us to be hateful and spiteful as you painted just as Christ never taught Judas to be covetous and treacherous. But we have a duty under God to call false teachers and deceivers by their names to save the unwary multitudes from perdition. Of course you are not certain but it is obvious you share certain of his characteristics. I was once sinful, crafty, irreligious and blasphemous until Christ saved me by grace. He will have mercy in you too I J N, Amen.

A rational assessment of your person says the contrary.

From your conclusions and perception of other human beings, you're just as full of hate, vengeance, malice, déception, evil and wicked intents, like most religious bigots are.

To assume a duty of calling other human beings false, fool, condemned and gonna roast in hell, because they don't care about your skydaddy, is the most disgusting and despicable assignments any rational specie will ever take on.

Seek rehabilitation for this irritating worldview of yours first, maybe you will then understand how needless and useless god idea is.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by joespiceman(m): 11:47am On Dec 12, 2016
Tonyosas101:
Nice advert bro....

Can you do advert for synagogue too.
funny
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by Ken4Christ: 11:54am On Dec 12, 2016
Sinkills:
Sometimes, I do wonder if pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi is an ordinary human being like you and myself or specially formed. Do you know why I am awed? Over the decades since this man of God started his God-given ministry after getting born again, there have never been any scandal associated with him inspite of the fact that Satan and his cohorts have attempted severally to bring him down. Despite that he focuses on holiness which is quite unpopular in this sin-sick world, yet the church he superintendents keeps growing by leaps and bounds. At his age of over 75, he keeps going from place to place, region to region, state to state and occasionally outside Nigeria on his evangelical tour, he seems never to get sick for a day. He knows so much of the Bible by the grace of God and teaches it so clearly that you will think he was there when the holy book was written. Most of the places pastor Kumuyi ministers, instant miracles take place -the blind see, the lame and crippled walk, the dumb speak, the mad and mentally derailed regain their sanity, incurable diseases become cured etc, yet this man remains humble and dwells more on how to prepare people for heaven and eternity with God. He does not emphasize on prosperity, yet most of his members continue to prosper financially and materially. A lot of people hate him and the members of Deeper Life Bible Church with passion and find faults with them (because they tend to believe they know God better than others), yet anywhere he goes, mammoth crowd come out to see and hear him. Most of his former sworn critics have ended up joining the ministry God put him in charge of. No doubt, pastor W F Kumuyi is a rare gift to our generation. To God be the glory! Once again I am tempted to ask, is pastor Kumuyi an ordinary human being? And if he is, what are likely his secrets?

I agree with you to the extent that he is committed to his vision all these years without a scandal. But concerning his teachings, he has brought more confusion into the body of Christ.

1. His holiness preaching focuses more on dress codes. You can wear long maxi and tottle neck blouses and still be very unholy. Christianity starts from the inside and not the outside.

2. He made most of his members destroy their televisions which he is now preaching through.

3. He makes the women in his church look so shabby that many never find husband till death.

4. He makes the women cover their heads almost 24hrs and makes them smell such that even one of his pastors recently complained he can't sleep with his wife because of the smelling hair.

5. He forbids the members from putting on jewelry which does not have sound scriptural basis.

6. He is quoted as saying he would change some foundation he laid before he dies. He knows some of his doctrines are not scriptural.

7. He has made his members to have the holier than I attitude. They do not see anyone in deeper life as a genuine born again.

8. They hardly dance during praise and worship unless it has changed. This is not true Christianity.

In summary, he is zealous for the Lord but didn't have the right knowledge when he started. I believe he sees things differently now and I pray that he understands completely the revelation of the new Creation.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 12, 2016
Who will not be dedicated to the growth and sustenance of his PERSONAL business empire? The church belongs to him and it is in his own interest to keep it growing. Funny that he couldn't see a future when technology would make TV sets common household items in every home. TVs in those days used to be considered as luxurious items only enjoyed by the rich. The internet today has also become very accessible and viral.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by Sinkills: 11:11pm On Dec 14, 2016
Ken4Christ:

I agree with you to the extent that he is committed to his vision all these years without a scandal. But concerning his teachings, he has brought more confusion into the body of Christ.

1. His holiness preaching focuses more on dress codes. You can wear long maxi and tottle neck blouses and still be very unholy. Christianity starts from the inside and not the outside.

2. He made most of his members destroy their televisions which he is now preaching through.

3. He makes the women in his church look so shabby that many never find husband till death.

4. He makes the women cover their heads almost 24hrs and makes them smell such that even one of his pastors recently complained he can't sleep with his wife because of the smelling hair.

5. He forbids the members from putting on jewelry which does not have sound scriptural basis.

6. He is quoted as saying he would change some foundation he laid before he dies. He knows some of his doctrines are not scriptural.

7. He has made his members to have the holier than I attitude. They do not see anyone in deeper life as a genuine born again.

8. They hardly dance during praise and worship unless it has changed. This is not true Christianity.

In summary, he is zealous for the Lord but didn't have the right knowledge when he started. I believe he sees things differently now and I pray that he understands completely the revelation of the new Creation.
Obviously, you have not been listening to his teachings. If you have, you would not have come to some of your conclusions. (1) Pastor Kumuyi's holiness message does not focus on dress codes, it focuses on holiness from the inside which must of course show on the outside (2) The issue of television sets has been addressed in my previous comments in this particular thread (3) Deeper Life women are not shabby. If their appearance is 'shabbiness' to you, then I think you have a problem with perception. I married my beautiful wife in Deeper Life and every second Saturday of each month, weddings take place in this wonderful Church. That some of our women marry late has nothing to do with shabbiness. There are women I know in the world, in Orthodox and other Pentecostals who are quite advanced in age, yet not married. At the same time, delay is not denial. Sister Esther Kumuyi got married to pastor Kumuyi at the grand age of 65! (4) Women are to cover their hair while "praying or prophesying" (preaching), not every time and I have personally heard pastor Kumuyi teach on that one. If a man's wife's hair or any other part is smelling, the couple should do something about that. Coming out to disgrace the wife disqualifies anyone from being a Christian, let alone being a pastor of no other Church than Deeper Life Bible Church! (5) On the issue of jewelry, I think you should read Genesis 35:1-5; Exodus 33:1-6; Isaiah 4:16-26; 1st Timothy 2:9,10; 1st Peter 3:1-6. (6) On what pastor Kumuyi was quoted as saying, I heard it myself. He was referring to the Adminstration of the Church with emphasis on the Marriage Committee. He said that there was no Marriage Committee in the Bible but that it was set up to guide young people in how to marry biblically. Obviously, some Marriage Committee members were overstepping their limits. As such, pastor Kumuyi threatened to disband whatever is not exactly in the Bible but merely administrative which some people are abusing. (7) Pastor Kumuyi teaches holiness so much that some members assume (rightly or wrongly) there is no other place such is taught. I don't know how that is his fault. He even warns members severally that being a member of Deeper Life does not take anybody to heaven but genuine salvation, inward and outward holiness as well as up to date right living.(cool Please where is it written that a Christian must dance during praise and worship? Of course, there is nothing wrong in dancing. I do dance myself whether in church or at home sometimes. But pastor Kumuyi seriously frowns at suggestive dancing in the name of praise and worship in line with 1st Thessalonians 5:22. So your judgment that not dancing is not true Christianity is an error. So most of what you think or perceive about pastor Kumuyi is not true. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by Sinkills: 8:00am On Dec 15, 2016
queenjuli:
Who will not be dedicated to the growth and sustenance of his PERSONAL business empire? The church belongs to him and it is in his own interest to keep it growing. Funny that he couldn't see a future when technology would make TV sets common household items in every home. TVs in those days used to be considered as luxurious items only enjoyed by the rich. The internet today has also become very accessible and viral.
You think Deeper Life Bible Church is pastor Kumuyi's personal 'business empire'? I think you are wrong. But you are forgiven because this is exactly the signal some Church founders and overseers are sending to the ever critical world. Well, we shall be proved right or wrong after God calls him home. But his body language does not suggest so. To the best of my knowledge as an insider, non of pastor Kumuyi's sons is being positioned to take over from him. Of course his wife cannot, because in Deeper Life Bible Church as in others, though a woman can minister, she cannot head a Location, District or Regional Church let alone the entire Church. So Deeper Life Bible Church is a ministry with the primary assignment to lead multitudes to heaven, not a business empire. Thank you.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by Sinkills: 8:22am On Dec 15, 2016
akintom:

A rational assessment of your person says the contrary.

From your conclusions and perception of other human beings, you're just as full of hate, vengeance, malice, déception, evil and wicked intents, like most religious bigots are.

To assume a duty of calling other human beings false, fool, condemned and gonna roast in hell, because they don't care about your skydaddy, is the most disgusting and despicable assignments any rational specie will ever take on.

Seek rehabilitation for this irritating worldview of yours first, maybe you will then understand how needless and useless god idea is.
I thank God that there are non sentimental people following this thread. They can tell if my comments are as you are painting or aimed at making you and others like you to amend your ways and come to Christ before it is too late. Please I am not the one condemning any sinner who refuses to repent to roast in hell fire. It is the word of God. (Psalms 9:17; Matthew 25:41,46; Luke 12:4,5; Revelation 21:cool. I am not spared myself if I go back to sinning. I see, you do not believe in God. But it doesn't change the reality. It is out of love that I tell you and other this. I think it is wiser to be on the safer side. If you repent and accept Christ and at the end of this life, there is no hell fire, you have nothing to lose. But if you refuse, only to discover to your chagrin that hell fire is real, it would then be too late to make amends! The anguish and regret will be compounded by the thought"Oh I was warned!"
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by collinsfhk(m): 8:36pm On Dec 15, 2016
cry
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by collinsfhk(m): 8:45pm On Dec 15, 2016
Plz differentiate frm followers of men nd followers of Christ so as to save urself of the stress. Most Christians follow church doctrines nd not the scripture or the leading of the Holy Spirit. In a nushell, religious people. So tlking to such pple is a waste of tym as they are not liberal to receive the truth. Matt. 13:11

Meanwhile ur standpoint hve given me some mre assurance

An2elect2:
grin

You are hard-hearted and ignorantly resisting the holyspirit.

If only you know God's ways are not our ways. And His thoughts far above ours, you will ask God for His wisdom. smiley

Dont be like the jews who read the scriptures in the synagogue every sabbath day but were blind still.

How can you deny a doctrine so clearly thought in scriptures?

Romans 8:29-30 tells us, “For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.

And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.”

Ephesians 1:5 and 11 declare, “He predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will…In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will.”

How clearer can this be! grin

Predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his son! Open your bible and read it again smiley

You are not alone though. Think about it everyone is naturally hostile to this doctrine. Some acknowledge it but despise God the more for it. Others like you, deny it completely.

[b] THE SCRIPTURES HAVE EXPRESSLY STATED THAT GOD CHOSE SOME MEN TO BE CONFORMED TO THE IMAGE OF HIS SON. BE CALLED, JUSTIFIED AND GLORIFIED IN HIM.

Romans 9:11
11 though they were not yet born and had done nothing either good or bad
in order that God’s purpose of election might continue, not because of works but because of him who calls

Romans 11:5,6
5 So too at the present time there is a remnant, chosen by grace. 6 But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace.

Ephesians 1:11
In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will,

1 Thessalonians 1:4
For we know, brothers loved by God, that he has chosen you,

2 Timothy 2:10
10 Therefore I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

1 Peter 2:9
But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. [/color][/b] ETC

I know you think its unfair that God will choose some and not others. But what's fair? If God should allow men choose Him no man will be saved
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. Romans 3:10-12

All men deserve to perish in the lake of fire. No one is better than the other. But God in His infinite mercy chose to pardon some. Its not God's fault that the rest perish..for they were already perishing.

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23

grin You may want to ask "how about those men who seek God and are rejected because of predestination?"

About that also, the bible is very clear. WHICH IS, THAT GOD DOES NOT REJECT ANYONE WHO SEEKS OR BELIEVES ON CHRIST JESUS.

[b]For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life John3:16

because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. Rom 10:9,10

But from there you will seek the Lord your God and you will find him, if you search after him with all your heart and with all your soul. Deutronomy 4:29

In the mystery of God, predestination, being drawn by God and believing unto salvation all work hand-in-hand. THOSE WHO TRULY SEEK WITH ALL THEIR HEARTS AND MINDS ARE THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN DRAWN BY THE FATHER AND WERE PREDESTINED UNTO SALVATION COS THE NATURAL MAN DOES NOT SEEK GOD smiley

No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day. John 6:44

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16

No wonder Romans 11:33 proclaims, “Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out!”

Cc Goodmuyis fabre4

[quote author=An2elect2 post=51799391] grin

You are hard-hearted and ignorantly resisting the holyspirit.

If only you know God's ways are not our ways. And His thoughts far above ours, you will ask God for His wisdom. smiley

Dont be like the jews who read the scriptures in the synagogue every sabbath day but were blind still.

How can you deny a doctrine so clearly thought in scriptures?

Romans 8:29-30 tells us, “For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.

And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.”

Ephesians 1:5 and 11 declare, “He predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will…In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will.”

How clearer can this be! grin

Predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his son! Open your bible and read it again smiley

You are not alone though. Think about it everyone is naturally hostile to this doctrine. Some acknowledge it but despise God the more for it. Others like you, deny it completely.

[b] THE SCRIPTURES HAVE EXPRESSLY STATED THAT GOD CHOSE SOME MEN TO BE CONFORMED TO THE IMAGE OF HIS SON. BE CALLED, JUSTIFIED AND GLORIFIED IN HIM.

Romans 9:11
11 though they were not yet born and had done nothing either good or bad
in order that God’s purpose of election might continue, not because of works but because of him who calls

Romans 11:5,6
5 So too at the present time there is a remnant, chosen by grace. 6 But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace.

Ephesians 1:11
In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will,

1 Thessalonians 1:4
For we know, brothers loved by God, that he has chosen you,

2 Timothy 2:10
10 Therefore I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

1 Peter 2:9
But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. [/color][/b] ETC

I know you think its unfair that God will choose some and not others. But what's fair? If God should allow men choose Him no man will be saved
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. Romans 3:10-12

All men deserve to perish in the lake of fire. No one is better than the other. But God in His infinite mercy chose to pardon some. Its not God's fault that the rest perish..for they were already perishing.

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23

grin You may want to ask "how about those men who seek God and are rejected because of predestination?"

About that also, the bible is very clear. WHICH IS, THAT GOD DOES NOT REJECT ANYONE WHO SEEKS OR BELIEVES ON CHRIST JESUS.

[b]For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life John3:16

because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. Rom 10:9,10

But from there you will seek the Lord your God and you will find him, if you search after him with all your heart and with all your soul. Deutronomy 4:29

In the mystery of God, predestination, being drawn by God and believing unto salvation all work hand-in-hand. THOSE WHO TRULY SEEK WITH ALL THEIR HEARTS AND MINDS ARE THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN DRAWN BY THE FATHER AND WERE PREDESTINED UNTO SALVATION COS THE NATURAL MAN DOES NOT SEEK GOD smiley

No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day. John 6:44

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16

No wonder Romans 11:33 proclaims, “Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out!”

Cc Goodmuyis fabre4

Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by Sinkills: 9:56pm On Dec 15, 2016
joespiceman:

funny
Really funny.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by Sinkills: 10:01pm On Dec 15, 2016
fabre4:

Stop contradicting the scriptures, nobody denies that it is by Gods grace we are saved the question is should you continue in sin that grace may abound Paul has answer for that. Nay
Thank you very much brother. God bless you.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by Sinkills: 10:13pm On Dec 15, 2016
ElsonMorali:

No. He is not a human being. Maybe you should start worshipping him. undecided

Pastor Kumuyi is a human being just like you and I but divinely endowed with extraordinary grace for teaching the biblical truth. He has a burning passion to lead as many people as possible to heaven. He also has anointing from God to deal with challenges plaguing the people. I give glory to the God Who called this man and Who is using him to bless the world. May His name alone be glorified in Jesus' name, Amen.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by reallest(f): 11:26pm On Dec 15, 2016
Tonyosas101:
Nice advert bro....

Can you do advert for synagogue too.
I also need advertisement
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by Tonyosas101(m): 1:52am On Dec 16, 2016
reallest:

I also need advertisement
Lolzzz,,, the guy is quite good. cheesy
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by reallest(f): 7:46am On Dec 16, 2016
Tonyosas101:

Lolzzz,,, the guy is quite good. cheesy
U dey mind d guy
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by ElsonMorali: 9:21am On Dec 16, 2016
Sinkills:
Pastor Kumuyi is a human being just like you and I but divinely endowed with extraordinary grace for teaching the biblical truth. He has a burning passion to lead as many people as possible to heaven. He also has anointing from God to deal with challenges plaguing the people. I give glory to the God Who called this man and Who is using him to bless the world. May His name alone be glorified in Jesus' name, Amen.

I'm sorry but I don't share your sentiments.

As far as I am concerned, anybody can just wake up one day and start interpreting the bible anyway they feel is right. There's no proof, and I mean objective proof that his interpretation of sacred scriptures is the correct one.

You say he has anointing from God! Is that so? Were you there when he was being anointed by God? As a matter of fact, who was there when that event took place?

Also, you seem to vouch for his holiness. My question is, can you really really vouch for him? Can you stake your eternal salvation on his holiness? Can you pray with confidence that God should make you share the same eternal fate as him, wherever he goes in eternity, there you'll also go?

Can you read his mind? Do you know what he thinks in his heart of heart? Do you know what he does in the very privacy of his room?

Are you saying he has never made a mistake when he's preaching on the pulpit? undecided
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by An2elect2(f): 9:33am On Dec 16, 2016
collinsfhk:

Plz differentiate frm followers of men nd followers of Christ so as to save urself of the stress. Most Christians follow church doctrines nd not the scripture or the leading of the Holy Spirit. In a nushell, religious people. So tlking to such pple is a waste of tym as they are not liberal to receive the truth. Matt. 13:11

Meanwhile ur standpoint hve given me some mre assurance

Amen dear. You do believe in the biblical predestination too? smiley
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by ElsonMorali: 9:38am On Dec 16, 2016
Sinkills:
You think Deeper Life Bible Church is pastor Kumuyi's personal 'business empire'? I think you are wrong. But you are forgiven because this is exactly the signal some Church founders and overseers are sending to the ever critical world. Well, we shall be proved right or wrong after God calls him home. But his body language does not suggest so. To the best of my knowledge as an insider, non of pastor Kumuyi's sons is being positioned to take over from him. Of course his wife cannot, because in Deeper Life Bible Church as in others, though a woman can minister, she cannot head a Location, District or Regional Church let alone the entire Church. So Deeper Life Bible Church is a ministry with the primary assignment to lead multitudes to heaven, not a business empire. Thank you.

@bolded, what would your interpretation of 1Corinthians 14:34 be?

"The women are to keep silent in the churches; for they are not permitted to speak, but are to subject themselves, just as the Law also says."
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by Sinkills: 10:32am On Dec 16, 2016
ElsonMorali:

@bolded, what would your interpretation of 1Corinthians 14:34 be?

"The women are to keep silent in the churches; for they are not permitted to speak, but are to subject themselves, just as the Law also says."

The Corrinthian church was a highly gifted one (1st Corrinthians 1:7). As such, there was a problem in that church which had to do with carnal competitions, contentions and rivalries (1:11; 3:3; 14:26,33). Even their women were not left behind in the 'show of spirituality' (what a man can do, a woman can do better), hence the instruction from Paul the Apostle in 14:34. The implication is that a woman must take authority from a man. Where there are no capable or willing men, a woman may be appointed by A MAN to lead, teach or minister as the case may be. Most women are good in songs and chorus leadings/praise worship. Of course, there is the Women Ministry which is headed by a woman who must be reporting to a man (the pastor or overseer as the case may be). Women like prophetess Deborah, Esther, Mary and Priscilla etc were used by God to minister to both men and women. Thank you.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by collinsfhk(m): 11:35am On Dec 16, 2016
An2elect2:
Amen dear. You do believe in the biblical predestination too? smiley

Jn. 7:38. Bible is our standard. Let's break free frm d confines of churchism. Job 32:8
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by ElsonMorali: 11:53am On Dec 16, 2016
[quote author=Sinkills post=51977942]

The Corrinthian church was a highly gifted one (1st Corrinthians 1:7). As such, there was a problem in that church which had to do with carnal competitions, contentions and rivalries (1:11; 3:3; 14:26,33).

Which church doesn't have it's fair share of troubles And the Church, the Bride of Christ has always been filled with gifted people, male and female right front he get go.

Even their women were not left behind in the 'show of spirituality' (what a man can do, a woman can do better), hence the instruction from Paul the Apostle in 14:34.

Were you a member of that church? How d'you know that? And even if that were true, it still doesn't negate what Paul said, and if it was just meant for the church in Corinth why is it in the bible for is to read?

Where there are no capable or willing men, a woman may be appointed by A MAN to lead, teach or minister as the case may be.

So are you saying that in those churches of yours where a woman is the minister there are no capable or willing men to take over the leadership of the church? undecided
@bolded, "to lead teach or minister" in direct conflict with the dictates of the scriptures.

Of course, there is the Women Ministry which is headed by a woman who must be reporting to a man (the pastor or overseer as the case may be).

Can you show me the structure of the so called "Women ministry" in the bible, just like it shows that structure of the make ministry, bishops, deacons etc? What you have are individual women who we're pious and assisted the men in a quirt capacity, not teaching and strutting up and down the altar parading themselves as bishops, pastors, deaconesses, prophetesses and other such ridiculous names.

This is a prime example of how y'all pick up the bible and interpret to suit your taste, skewing the interpretation in favour of your arguments.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by Sinkills: 1:38pm On Dec 16, 2016
[quote author=ElsonMorali post=51980209][/quote]Well, for your information, I don't belong to the church where women are ordained pastors and deaconesses or where women are so prominent in ministry. That does not mean the churches who do so are in error. So, I don't want it to be like a dogma. However women have their roles of mainly taking care of other women in the church (Titus 2:3-5). That is the core role of Women Ministry as far as Deeper Life Bible Church is concerned. Thank you.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by Sinkills: 1:56pm On Dec 16, 2016
[quote author=ElsonMorali post=51980209][/quote] As far as Deeper Life Bible Church is concerned, there is a Women Ministry which is saddled mainly with taking care of issues peculiar to women just as you have Youth and Children Ministry. We do not have women lording it over men or parading themselves as bishops, pastors and deaconesses. I think those who give women prominent roles in their churches have their reasons. In my church, we have lots of capable and willing men who have been doing the teachings, the preachings and church administration. In the areas of leading choruses/praise worship, women are sometimes given such roles by men. Thank you.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by Sinkills: 1:59pm On Dec 16, 2016
[quote author=ElsonMorali post=51980209][/quote] As far as Deeper Life Bible Church is concerned, there is a Women Ministry which is saddled mainly with taking care of issues peculiar to women just as we have Youth and Children Ministries. We do not have women lording it over men or parading themselves as bishops, pastors and deaconesses. I think those who give women prominent roles in their churches have their reasons. In my church, we have lots of capable and willing men who have been doing the teachings, the preachings and church administration. In the areas of leading choruses/praise worship, women are sometimes given such roles by men. Thank you.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by Sinkills: 2:40pm On Dec 16, 2016
ElsonMorali:

I'm sorry but I don't share your sentiments.

As far as I am concerned, anybody can just wake up one day and start interpreting the bible anyway they feel is right. There's no proof, and I mean objective proof that his interpretation of sacred scriptures is the correct one.

You say he has anointing from God! Is that so? Were you there when he was being anointed by God? As a matter of fact, who was there when that event took place?

Also, you seem to vouch for his holiness. My question is, can you really really vouch for him? Can you stake your eternal salvation on his holiness? Can you pray with confidence that God should make you share the same eternal fate as him, wherever he goes in eternity, there you'll also go?

Can you read his mind? Do you know what he thinks in his heart of heart? Do you know what he does in the very privacy of his room?

Are you saying he has never made a mistake when he's preaching on the pulpit? undecided
You have so many questions. You don't have to agree with me. We are all entitled to our opinions. As for pastor Kumuyi's interpretation of the sacred Scriptures, I believe he has the right interpretation because of his antecedents, his passion, his focus, his consistency over the years, his motive and his scandal-free life (by the grace of God). Let us put this side by side with the teachings and lifestyles of Christ and His immediate disciples. God never gave us the Scriptures to encourage sinfulness or licentiousness. As for whether he is anointed or not, we cannot see anointing but we can the evidences by way of the miracles that attend one's ministrations. A lot of miracles have been taking place as he goes from place to place preaching and teaching. People usually troop out to give testimonies: the blind seeing, the deaf and dumb hearing and speaking, the lame/paralysed walking, short leg growing out, the mad becoming sane etc. These and more are evidences of anointing, aren't they? On the issue of vouching for pastor Kumuyi's holiness, I can vouch for it implicitly. The only thing I cannot vouch for is that he never made mistakes while on the pulpit. The holiest of men can make mistakes because being holy does not make one perfect in knowledge. Only God is. But once a person realises his mistakes, holiness demands that he corrects same (without necessarily making it obvious). As to whether I can stake my eternal happiness on Kumuyi's holiness, doing so is synonymous with swearing, which is a sin in the New Testament (Matthew 5:33-37; James 5:12). If you have any proof of pastor Kumuyi not being as holy as we think, you can as well let us know. I don't have to sin to prove anybody's integrity. It is either pastor Kumuyi practices what he preaches so passionately or he is one of the worst hypocrites on earth! But the overwhelming evidence is that pastor Kumuyi is a man called of God to prepare us to see God and "without holiness, no eye shall see God" (Hebrews 12:14).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? / 4 Naija Ladies, Looking For Husband In Chuch Forced To Strip unclothed! / Horrorful Cries From Hell Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.