Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? (12898 Views)

Daddy Freeze Reacts To Pastor Kumuyi On Women Wearing Trousers / 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned / Is Pastor John Obayemi Still The RCCG General Overseer In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by flamingREED(m): 3:43pm On Dec 16, 2016
Pastor Kumuyi,
The only man that has provoked a limb growing miracle.

Go and ask in Zambia.
cool
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by flamingREED(m): 3:46pm On Dec 16, 2016
I came late, men!
An2elect2:
How insincere can you be?

You know not the mysteries of our God because you have not the Spirit of truth in you! And when you are shown, you blaspheme against it.

May God have mercy on you.

Seeing that you prefer to glory in men than in Christ. I leave you for God to judge

Kumuyi's son is here.

Take heed,
Lest I tear your 'almost right' Christianity to pieces.

cool
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by Sinkills: 4:46pm On Dec 16, 2016
flamingREED:
Pastor Kumuyi,
The only man that has provoked a limb growing miracle.

Go and ask in Zambia.
cool
To God be the glory for that wonderful testimony! But don't say he is the only man to have done that through the power of God. You have certainly not followed the ministries of other men of God through the ages and even in our contemporary time. There may be others. God bless you.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by flamingREED(m): 4:52pm On Dec 16, 2016
Sinkills:
To God be the glory for that wonderful testimony! But don't say he is the only man to have done that through the power of God. You have certainly not followed the ministries of other men of God through the ages and even in our contemporary time. There may be others. God bless you.

To make an amputated finger whole by faith
In today's world? Well. Thanks anyway.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by Sinkills: 10:08pm On Dec 16, 2016
flamingREED:

To make an amputated finger whole by faith
In today's world? Well. Thanks anyway.
If God can do that through pastor Kumuyi, He can equally do that through you, I and every other saint once we keep to His terms and exercise undeniable faith in Him (John 14:12). Thank you.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by Sinkills: 10:30pm On Dec 16, 2016
collinsfhk:

Jn. 7:38. Bible is our standard. Let's break free frm d confines of churchism. Job 32:8
Please, there is nothing like predestination. "For God so loves the world, that He sent His only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life" (John 3:16). "He(or she) that believes and is baptized shall be saved but he (or she) that believes not shall be damned (Mark 16:16). The ball is in each person's court. BTW This thread is not for the propagation of the false doctrine of predestination or any other falsehood. It is about the ministry of the man of God of our time, a rare gift to our generation - pastor W F Kumuyi. You can create another thread for that. Thank you.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by Sinkills: 10:49pm On Dec 16, 2016
An2elect2:
Amen dear. You do believe in the biblical predestination too? smiley
The Bible does not teach predestination. God has not chosen some people for eternal life and others for eternal damnation. He is a just, fair and impartial God. Yes, He knows the end from the beginning. That does not suggest predestination. NEVER! As a school teacher, though you may guess accurately those who will do well and those who may not (from their intelligence quotient and level of seriousness), as a Christian, you don't determine those who will pass and those who will fail otherwise you are a SINNER! It is the performance of the individual students that determine that. God is more righteous than any Christian teacher (or moralist). Stop misrepresenting Him. Please note: This thread is not for the teaching of predestination or any other falsehood. It is to appreciate God for His investment and wonderful works through His servant - pastor W F Kumuyi. Please create another thread for your falsehood. Thanks.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by collinsfhk(m): 3:17am On Dec 17, 2016
Sinkills:
Please, there is nothing like predestination. "For God so loves the world, that He sent His only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life" (John 3:16). "He(or she) that believes and is baptized shall be saved but he (or she) that believes not shall be damned (Mark 16:16). The ball is in each person's court. BTW This thread is not for the propagation of the false doctrine of predestination or any other falsehood. It is about the ministry of the man of God of our time, a rare gift to our generation - pastor W F Kumuyi. You can create another thread for that. Thank you.

With due respect to your closing note, i submit thus - The question is "is it scriptural"? If it is, you have no right to call it false doctrine but seek to understand what it really implies. Ref: 1Cor. 12:3, Rom. 8:29-30, Jer. 1:4-5, Rom. 6, Jn. 10:26-29.

Thanks and stay blessed
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by collinsfhk(m): 3:40am On Dec 17, 2016
Sinkills:
The Bible does not teach predestination. God has not chosen some people for eternal life and others for eternal damnation. He is a just, fair and impartial God. Yes, He knows the end from the beginning. That does not suggest predestination. NEVER! As a school teacher, though you may guess accurately those who will do well and those who may not (from their intelligence quotient and level of seriousness), as a Christian, you don't determine those who will pass and those who will fail otherwise you are a SINNER! It is the performance of the individual students that determine that. God is more righteous than any Christian teacher (or moralist). Stop misrepresenting Him. Please note: This thread is not for the teaching of predestination or any other falsehood. It is to appreciate God for His investment and wonderful works through His servant - pastor W F Kumuyi. Please create another thread for your falsehood. Thanks.

A shake my head at your delusion. Romans 4 comes to mind, please study it .... Kindly put on a liberal spirit. Thank you
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by Sinkills: 9:27am On Dec 17, 2016
collinsfhk:

With due respect to your closing note, i submit thus - The question is "is it scriptural"? If it is, you have no right to call it false doctrine but seek to understand what it really implies. Ref: 1Cor. 12:3, Rom. 8:29-30, Jer. 1:4-5, Rom. 6, Jn. 10:26-29.

Thanks and stay blessed
The answer to your question is that predestination is not scriptural. The texts you quoted do not imply predestination. They are just proofs that God is all-knowing including knowing the end from the beginning. Predestination suggests that God is partial, deliberately shuts the door of salvation to those He 'hates', yet judges and punishes them for what they do not have control over. This is simply BLASPHEMY! As for John 10:28,29, it is true that nobody can pluck the redeemed out God's Hands but God Himself can "cast them forth as a branch so that they wither and are gathered to be burnt in the fire" if they do not continue abiding in the Vine. (John 15:5,6). So both predestination and unconditional eternal security are twisted and false doctrines that damn the soul. May God give you understanding so that you don't base your faith on sinking sand I J N, Amen.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by akintom(m): 9:31am On Dec 17, 2016
Sinkills:
The answer to your question is that predestination is not scriptural. The texts you quoted do not imply predestination. They are just proofs that God is all-knowing including knowing the end from the beginning. Predestination suggests that God is partial, deliberately shuts the door of salvation to those He 'hates', yet judges and punishes them for what they do not have control over. This is simply BLASPHEMY! As for John 10:28,29, it is true that nobody can pluck the redeemed out God's Hands but God Himself can "cast them forth as a branch so that they wither and are gathered to be burnt in the fire" if they do not continue abiding in the Vine. (John 15:5,6). So both predestination and unconditional eternal security are twisted and false doctrines that damn the soul. May God give you understanding so that you don't base your faith on sinking sand I J N, Amen.

Judas was predestined by your god.

Pharaoh was predestined by your god.

Jacob and esau were predestined by your god

It's a pity that you speak of a god idea, you certainly don't understand.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by akintom(m): 9:33am On Dec 17, 2016
Predestination

Predestination in its broadest conception is the doctrine that because God is all-powerful, all-knowing , and completely sovereign, he "from all eternity did by the most wise and holy counsel of His own will, freely and unchangeably ordain whatsoever comes to pass," ( Westminster Confession).

"In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will" (Ephesians 1:11).
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by Sinkills: 9:34am On Dec 17, 2016
collinsfhk:

A shake my head at your delusion. Romans 4 comes to mind, please study it .... Kindly put on a liberal spirit. Thank you
If my stand that there is neither predestination nor his twin false brother of eternal security is delusion, I thank God that I am deluded not to hang my eternal destiny on falsehood. Thanks.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by Sinkills: 9:52am On Dec 17, 2016
akintom:

I can see that you are an atteist. I don't know the god you ate referring to, maybe you are talking about the god of these proponents of predestination. Well, if you want to know. Pharaoh and Judas had made up their minds which God knew. Concerning Esau and Jacob, God had known their future before they were born just as He knows yours and mine. Thank you.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by Sinkills: 10:43am On Dec 17, 2016
akintom:

Can you see what happens when we misrepresent God? Haters of God take advantage of that to blaspheme. (Romans 2:24).
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by Sinkills: 11:38am On Dec 17, 2016
Come and experience POWER FOR YOUR PRESENT HOUR @ the National Deeper Life December Retreat 2016. DATE: Friday 23rd till Monday 26th December, 2016. VENUE: Deeper Life Conference Centre, km 42 Lagos-Ibadan Expressway and other Centres Nationwide (and beyond Nigeria). MINISTERING: Pastor W F Kumuyi and other anointed men of God. Be there and experience His power work mightily in your favour!
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by parisbookaddict(f): 2:48pm On Dec 17, 2016
Sinkills:
Sometimes, I do wonder if pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi is an ordinary human being like you and myself or specially formed. Do you know why I am awed? Over the decades since this man of God started his God-given ministry after getting born again, there have never been any scandal associated with him inspite of the fact that Satan and his cohorts have attempted severally to bring him down. Despite that he focuses on holiness which is quite unpopular in this sin-sick world, yet the church he superintendents keeps growing by leaps and bounds. At his age of over 75, he keeps going from place to place, region to region, state to state and occasionally outside Nigeria on his evangelical tour, he seems never to get sick for a day. He knows so much of the Bible by the grace of God and teaches it so clearly that you will think he was there when the holy book was written. Most of the places pastor Kumuyi ministers, instant miracles take place -the blind see, the lame and crippled walk, the dumb speak, the mad and mentally derailed regain their sanity, incurable diseases become cured etc, yet this man remains humble and dwells more on how to prepare people for heaven and eternity with God. He does not emphasize on prosperity, yet most of his members continue to prosper financially and materially. A lot of people hate him and the members of Deeper Life Bible Church with passion and find faults with them (because they tend to believe they know God better than others), yet anywhere he goes, mammoth crowd come out to see and hear him. Most of his former sworn critics have ended up joining the ministry God put him in charge of. No doubt, pastor W F Kumuyi is a rare gift to our generation. To God be the glory! Once again I am tempted to ask, is pastor Kumuyi an ordinary human being? And if he is, what are likely his secrets?

I personally like the man but his members seem to be the most hypocritical and judgemental people i have ever come across.

I hope he is able to change that about his flock
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by akintom(m): 2:50pm On Dec 17, 2016
Sinkills:
I can see that you are an atteist. I don't know the god you ate referring to, maybe you are talking about the god of these proponents of predestination. Well, if you want to know. Pharaoh and Judas had made up their minds which God knew. Concerning Esau and Jacob, God had known their future before they were born just as He knows yours and mine. Thank you.

Let's look at this subject of predestination and God dispassionately now.

Using judas as a case study:

*god knew and participated in all the events that involved judas's role (remember that god planned Jesus coming and all that will happen to Jesus).

*god knew that someone will be born, named judas's and will betray Jesus. Even before judas was born.

*and god planned that Jesus be betrayed

*god created judas to fulfill that plan

*god condemned judas for fulfilling his plans. When judas couldn't have done the contrary.

According to the claims of you folks, god has power to make and unmake an event happen.

How do you explain all these?
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by akintom(m): 2:56pm On Dec 17, 2016
Sinkills:
Can you see what happens when we misrepresent God? Haters of God take advantage of that to blaspheme. (Romans 2:24).

What's the meaning of blasphemy?
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by Justmeal: 3:33pm On Dec 17, 2016
I love Pastor Kumuyi, he's one of my mentors. However, I ponder more on the sinless One. He was perfect to the point that he became the righteousness of God in us; My Master JESUS CHRIST.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by Sinkills: 9:20pm On Dec 17, 2016
akintom:

Let's look at this subject of predestination and God dispassionately now.

Using judas as a case study:

*god knew and participated in all the events that involved judas's role (remember that god planned Jesus coming and all that will happen to Jesus).

*god knew that someone will be born, named judas's and will betray Jesus. Even before judas was born.

*and god planned that Jesus be betrayed

*god created judas to fulfill that plan

*god condemned judas for fulfilling his plans. When judas couldn't have done the contrary.

According to the claims of you folks, god has power to make and unmake an event happen.

How do you explain all these?
You are wrong on one of your premises: God did not create Judas to fulfil the purpose of betraying Jesus - Judas allowed himself to be used by Satan as a result of greed. Even at that, if Judas had repented, as Peter did, he would have been forgiven.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by Sinkills: 9:28pm On Dec 17, 2016
Justmeal:
I love Pastor Kumuyi, he's one of my mentors. However, I ponder more on the sinless One. He was perfect to the point that he became the righteousness of God in us; My Master JESUS CHRIST.
You are quite right. We should look unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our Faith (Hebrews 12:2).

1 Like

Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by Sinkills: 9:37pm On Dec 17, 2016
parisbookaddict:

I personally like the man but his members seem to be the most hypocritical and judgemental people i have ever come across.

In every twelve, there may be a Judas. The problem with prejudice is labelling and generalization. I heard a lot of 'ugly" information about them but that did not stop me from being a member - I was attracted by the integrity of pastor Kumuyi and his wonderful bible-based teachings. When I finally joined, I realised the members were not as painted (though a few do not really follow the teachings and example of this man of God).
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by akintom(m): 10:35pm On Dec 17, 2016
Sinkills:
You are wrong on one of your premises: God did not create Judas to fulfil the purpose of betraying Jesus - Judas allowed himself to be used by Satan as a result of greed. Even at that, if Judas had repented, as Peter did, he would have been forgiven.
Do you agree with this.....?

Predestination

Predestination in its broadest conception is the doctrine that because God is all-powerful, all-knowing , and completely sovereign, he "from all eternity did by the most wise and holy counsel of His own will, freely and unchangeably ordain whatsoever comes to pass," ( Westminster Confession).

"In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will" (Ephesians 1:11).
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by Sinkills: 3:15pm On Dec 18, 2016
akintom:

Do you agree with this.....?

Predestination

God is all-knowing and all-powerful. There is no doubt about that. He is also sovereign - it is what He allows that happens. Where you quoted in Ephesians 1:11 simply means that God had a fore-knowledge of the fact that those who are saved will be saved at such time and in such circumstance. So He prepares ahead of time before they are saved for what they are going to do for Him and humanity (Jeremiah 1:5). Permit me to explain it vaguely this way: In schools, prefects are usually appointed at the beginning of the academic session based on the qualities we see in them. We didn't put those qualities in them neither do we live their lives for them but we foresee that based on those sterling qualities, they will likely represent the school well. Ours is based on perception but God's foreknowledge is accurate. Please let us not use God's sovereignty to explain away human responsibility. They are two sides of the same coin. God allows us to exercise our freedom of choice to obey Him or not and the consequence is ours. May you and I always choose to obey God in Jesus' name, Amen. I hope you understand.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by akintom(m): 3:41pm On Dec 18, 2016
Sinkills:

God is all-knowing and all-powerful. There is no doubt about that. He is also sovereign - it is what He allows that happens.

The question you failed or refused to ask yourself is this - if god is sovereign (it's what he allows that happen)?

* why did god allow judas to betray Jesus, since such act will offend it?

*why did god allow the situation that warranted betrayal of Jesus?

*why did god allow judas to hang himself, and not do a forceful salvation for him like Paul?

It's obvious that, god idea is the most nonsensical variant of all human ideas.

Sinkills:

Where you quoted in Ephesians 1:11 simply means that God had a fore-knowledge of the fact that those who are saved will be saved at such time and in such circumstance. So He prepares ahead of time before they are saved for what they are going to do for Him and humanity (Jeremiah 1:5).
Since your god knew ahead, those that will accept its nonsense, why didn't it prevent the birth of those that will reject its nonsense?

Because it's a monster, it needs them as roasted barbecue in hell, perhaps.

Sinkills:

Ours is based on perception but God's foreknowledge is accurate. Please let us not use God's sovereignty to explain away human responsibility. They are two sides of the same coin. God allows us to exercise our freedom of choice to obey Him or not and the consequence is ours. May you and I always choose to obey God in Jesus' name, Amen. I hope you understand.
Its sovereignty has effectively been nullified by human free will (personal responsibility).

There's no way to understand nonsense, than to see it as nonsense, and just wonder at folks that romances idiocy.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by Sinkills: 4:03pm On Dec 18, 2016
akintom:

The question you failed or refused to ask yourself is this - if god is sovereign (it's what he allows that happen)?

* why did god allow judas to betray Jesus, since such act will offend it?

*why did god allow the situation that warranted betrayal of Jesus?

*why did god allow judas to hang himself, and not do a forceful salvation for him like Paul?

It's obvious that, god idea is the most nonsensical variant of all human ideas.

Since your god knew ahead, those that will accept its nonsense, why didn't it prevent the birth of those that will reject its nonsense?

Because it's a monster, it needs them as roasted barbecue in hell, perhaps.

Its sovereignty has effectively been nullified by human free will (personal responsibility).

There's no way to understand nonsense, than to see it as nonsense, and just wonder at folks that romances idiocy.
I decided to answer your questions thinking you really wanted to understand. Now I know better. Bye.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by Sinkills: 2:04pm On Dec 19, 2016
Come and experience POWER FOR YOUR PRESENT HOUR as Deeper Life National December Retreat holds from Friday 23rd to Monday the 26th of December, 2016. Come with the sick, the blind, the deaf and dumb, the crippled, the deformed, those with 'incurable diseases', the afflicted, the possessed/tormented with evil spirits, the insane/mad and all manner of people with infirmities, problems and challenges. GOD WILL HEAL THEM ALL!
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by Blackfire(m): 8:45pm On Dec 20, 2016
parisbookaddict:

how are u dear?
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by parisbookaddict(f): 10:34pm On Dec 20, 2016
Blackfire:

how are u dear?

i am alright mr black

and u
been a while
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by Blackfire(m): 1:32am On Dec 21, 2016
parisbookaddict:

i am alright mr black
and u been a while

yes quite a while... merry Christmas and prosperous New year.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? by kingchris30(m): 2:30pm On Mar 27, 2018
Sinkills:
What pastor Kumuyi used to say and still tells Christians who really desire eternal life and to see God at the end of this brief life is that we should be careful of the evils (pornography, immorality, materialism and violence) that pervades technology be it television, mobile phones, computer and the internet. I have never heard him say that we should not use them at all.
He has not changed on this stance and by the grace of God, he will not.
, I have heard him say it, I have seen his church new convert set their television on fire. am not trying to speak against him, he is a great man of God and a man of principle but I don't agree with some of his doctrine

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

8 Reasons Why Obedience To God Is Very Important / Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? / Idahosa The Spiritual Father Of Chris Okafor, A Generation Of Fake Prophets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.