Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,681 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

Jonathan, Okowa Take Message Of Peace To Creeks Of The Niger Delta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, Okowa Take Message Of Peace To Creeks Of The Niger Delta (16217 Views)

Stop Anti-Open Grazing Law In Benue State For Peace To Reign - Fulani Group / Governor Dickson Enjoying A Boat Ride In Niger Delta Creeks. PICS / PHOTOS: Amina Mohammed Visits Niger Delta Creeks On New Year Day (2) (3) (4)

Jonathan, Okowa Take Message Of Peace To Creeks Of The Niger Delta by ossaioviesucces(m): 8:54pm On Dec 06, 2016
Jonathan, Okowa Take Message Of Peace To Creeks Of The Niger Delta as Gov Okowa present Staff of Office to the Pere of Gbaramatu Kingdom, HRM Oboro Gbaraun II, Warri South west local government area of Delta State.

FORMER President Goodluck Jonathan and Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State (06/12/16) took the message of peace to the creaks of the Niger Delta, saying peace was a panacea for meaningful development to take place.
According to the duo, destruction of pipelines in the area has not only affected revenue generated to the federation accounts but, has also, reduced revenue accruable to Delta State.

Both leaders spoke at the presentation of Staff of Office to the Pere of Gbaramatu Kingdom, HRM Oboro Gbaraun II, Warri South west local government area of Delta State.
"We need peace for development to take place, Nigeria is a great nation, no matter what is happening, Nigeria will, Niger Delta will succeed, Gbaramatu Kingdom will succeed," Dr Jonathan said, while Governor Okowa emphasized that his administration was committed to executing developmental projects in the creeks of the Niger Delta but requires peace for such to take place.

The governor who was excited at the colourful ceremony which attracted a retinue of political office holders, traditional rulers, captains of industries, including representatives of different countries' Presidents, asserted, "it is time we realize that under a peaceful atmosphere, where everybody lives in peace, we can build a future of trust for our children."
"There is no alternative to partnership, when you are aggrieved, you have r
easons to feel bad but, we can carry out our agitations with dialogue; it is time to forgive those who needs to be forgiven because, when we do that, it will be easier for us to speak boldly and be heard," the governor said.

While congratulating the people of Gbaramatu Kingdom for the peaceful way they chose their King, Governor Okowa reiterated, "we need to pay greater attention to the development of the creeks and the riverine communities."
HRM Oboro Gbaraun II at the occasion, thanked Governor Okowa for his developmental strides and used the occasion to charge the people of Gbaramatu Kingdom to always uphold their culture.

http://www.deltastate.gov.ng/node/307

Re: Jonathan, Okowa Take Message Of Peace To Creeks Of The Niger Delta by samincredible44(m): 8:59pm On Dec 06, 2016
Welcome development
Re: Jonathan, Okowa Take Message Of Peace To Creeks Of The Niger Delta by Omonigeriarere: 9:06pm On Dec 06, 2016
I hate people who just comment in order to get likes. I have seen many people doing it, if you agree with me please like my comment tongue tongue tongue

Re: Jonathan, Okowa Take Message Of Peace To Creeks Of The Niger Delta by Qmerit(m): 9:11pm On Dec 06, 2016
[[s]quote author=Omonigeriarere post=51696275]I hate people who just comment in order to get likes. I have seen many people doing it, if you agree with me please like my comment tongue tongue tongue[/quote][/s]

U re right I hate ur comment

Re: Jonathan, Okowa Take Message Of Peace To Creeks Of The Niger Delta by OILSOUP: 9:12pm On Dec 06, 2016
Omo this must be the best throne room that i have seen in Nigeria.

The King looks very Royal with his gold crown.The kind of power these ijaws display in the SS is just wow. shocked shocked shocked

Re: Jonathan, Okowa Take Message Of Peace To Creeks Of The Niger Delta by LoveMachine(m): 9:39pm On Dec 06, 2016
What's the name of the clothing the Pere is wearing? It's nice. Is it only for royalty or can commoners of means wear it as well?

Nice development from the gov and Oga Jona. If he isn't sponsoring the militants then who is? But If he is sponsoring the militants and still preaching peace he is some kind of genius.

Re: Jonathan, Okowa Take Message Of Peace To Creeks Of The Niger Delta by mykeljosef: 1:50am On Dec 07, 2016
hmmmm
Re: Jonathan, Okowa Take Message Of Peace To Creeks Of The Niger Delta by Opinedecandid(m): 1:54am On Dec 07, 2016
God will aways bless you, @GEJ. All your sacrifices of love I not in vain. Your reward will come both on earth and in heaven, no annulment!

Re: Jonathan, Okowa Take Message Of Peace To Creeks Of The Niger Delta by Omexonomy: 6:52am On Dec 07, 2016
Re: Jonathan, Okowa Take Message Of Peace To Creeks Of The Niger Delta by otukpo(f): 6:56am On Dec 07, 2016
Let there be peace.

Re: Jonathan, Okowa Take Message Of Peace To Creeks Of The Niger Delta by fratermathy(m): 10:12pm On Dec 07, 2016
I love the pictures and their message. Okowa must hold this throne in high regards for going there personally. Usually, he sends the deputy governor for presentations of staff of offices.
Re: Jonathan, Okowa Take Message Of Peace To Creeks Of The Niger Delta by yarimo(m): 11:53pm On Dec 07, 2016
Jonathan claiming elder Statesmen and celebrity with over size trouser since 1805AD grin

Re: Jonathan, Okowa Take Message Of Peace To Creeks Of The Niger Delta by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 08, 2016

TYPING..................
Re: Jonathan, Okowa Take Message Of Peace To Creeks Of The Niger Delta by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 08, 2016
Where is the creek?

EFCC and NPF should swoop this Kingdom, picking its head and tail for investigation sad sad sad

Re: Jonathan, Okowa Take Message Of Peace To Creeks Of The Niger Delta by JesusmyGod1: 12:04pm On Dec 08, 2016
no peace

there must be war

Niger delta must be free

God bless our oil

Re: Jonathan, Okowa Take Message Of Peace To Creeks Of The Niger Delta by kabayomi(m): 12:05pm On Dec 08, 2016
Chai ma pipu see throne wey dey repel recession shocked
This wan nah statue of liberty royalty embarassed grin
Re: Jonathan, Okowa Take Message Of Peace To Creeks Of The Niger Delta by Atiku2019: 12:05pm On Dec 08, 2016
God Bless GEJ......

Re: Jonathan, Okowa Take Message Of Peace To Creeks Of The Niger Delta by Mosthandsomeboy(m): 12:05pm On Dec 08, 2016
Please borrow me 1000 as my Christmas gift
Re: Jonathan, Okowa Take Message Of Peace To Creeks Of The Niger Delta by Emeskhalifa(m): 12:07pm On Dec 08, 2016
yarimo:
Jonathan claiming elder Statesmen and celebrity with over size trouser since 1805AD grin
as in ehhh... hin tailor no get chill at all cheesy
but on the oda hand, Jonathan is doin wat Buhari will never do if he [Buhari] was d wan who lost election sha

Re: Jonathan, Okowa Take Message Of Peace To Creeks Of The Niger Delta by Trapnews: 12:08pm On Dec 08, 2016
Opinedecandid:
God will aways bless you, @GEJ. All your sacrifices of love I not in vain. Your reward will come both on earth and in heaven, no annulment!
Why worship a mo'ron?

Re: Jonathan, Okowa Take Message Of Peace To Creeks Of The Niger Delta by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 08, 2016
Re: Jonathan, Okowa Take Message Of Peace To Creeks Of The Niger Delta by tunjijones(m): 12:12pm On Dec 08, 2016
Welcome development. Pls someone tell jona DAT that trouser is too big.
Re: Jonathan, Okowa Take Message Of Peace To Creeks Of The Niger Delta by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 08, 2016
The most corrupt President ever!
Re: Jonathan, Okowa Take Message Of Peace To Creeks Of The Niger Delta by michoim(m): 12:35pm On Dec 08, 2016
God-Father of militants. ..
Re: Jonathan, Okowa Take Message Of Peace To Creeks Of The Niger Delta by eezeribe(m): 12:40pm On Dec 08, 2016
OK
Re: Jonathan, Okowa Take Message Of Peace To Creeks Of The Niger Delta by Metroescobar: 12:58pm On Dec 08, 2016
OILSOUP:
Omo this must be the best throne room that i have seen in Nigeria.

The King looks very Royal with his gold crown.The kind of power these ijaws display in the SS is just wow. shocked shocked shocked

Power that they can never seem to translate into any sort of meaningful benefit for their people or region abi? Yeah right!

Re: Jonathan, Okowa Take Message Of Peace To Creeks Of The Niger Delta by OILSOUP: 1:09pm On Dec 08, 2016
Metroescobar:

Power that they can never seem to translate into any sort of meaningful benefit for their people or region abi? Yeah right!

But they can turn nigeria to beggar and borrowers.(turn off economy) Guy forget that thing ijaws are in a different league. Them get muscle. grin

Re: Jonathan, Okowa Take Message Of Peace To Creeks Of The Niger Delta by JimmySnow: 1:09pm On Dec 08, 2016
It is not possible to seat on that chair "Throne" and remember your community people are suffering... Royal fathers, Pastors and our Politicians same? Need to rethink if they are serving us or themselves? We the common man must be upright!

Re: Jonathan, Okowa Take Message Of Peace To Creeks Of The Niger Delta by ginggerxy: 1:34pm On Dec 08, 2016
Omonigeriarere:
I hate people who just comment in order to get likes. I have seen many people doing it, if you agree with me please like my comment tongue tongue tongue
you shouldn't hate your self that much
Re: Jonathan, Okowa Take Message Of Peace To Creeks Of The Niger Delta by yarimo(m): 2:06pm On Dec 08, 2016
Emeskhalifa:

as in ehhh... hin tailor no get chill at all cheesy
but on the oda hand, Jonathan is doin wat Buhari will never do if he [Buhari] was d wan who lost election sha
by claiming elder Statesmen and celebrity abi? grin
Re: Jonathan, Okowa Take Message Of Peace To Creeks Of The Niger Delta by IamISRAEL(m): 2:25pm On Dec 08, 2016
Like goodluck, like okowa, 2 clueless entities
Re: Jonathan, Okowa Take Message Of Peace To Creeks Of The Niger Delta by shiki(m): 3:27pm On Dec 08, 2016
Where's SAMBO now?

Sanwo-Olu Withdraws From The Platform Governorship Debate / LAWMA Serves Intention To Seal Notices On Some Businesses In Lagos. / Reminder: Sunday Oliseh Is NOT Igbo