Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,623 members, 7,820,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage (18337 Views)

Do You Think You Are Ready For Marriage? See This / If You Didn't Play With These Dolls As A Girl,you Are N't Ripe For Marriage@pic / Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Fhemmmy: 6:40pm On Jan 18, 2010
~Sissy~:

really and no.5?

Lol
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Sissy3(f): 8:58pm On Jan 18, 2010
did you maybe understand what she is/was trying to say by those ones? especially no.5  embarassed  cos i dont really understand those especially no.5
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Fhemmmy: 8:59pm On Jan 18, 2010
~Sissy~:

did you maybe understand what she is/was to say by those ones? especially no.5 embarassed cos i dont really understand those especially no.5

Me and you both
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Sissy3(f): 9:01pm On Jan 18, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Me and you both

LMAO grin cheesy grin
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Fhemmmy: 9:05pm On Jan 18, 2010
I am sorry to say that i still blv most ladies dont even know when they are ready for marriage.
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by coolfaced8(f): 9:15pm On Jan 18, 2010
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by coolfaced8(f): 9:21pm On Jan 18, 2010
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Sissy3(f): 9:23pm On Jan 18, 2010
LOL grin cheesy grin

since you're here then, can you emphasis more on those my highlighted ones? especially no.5, cos the more i try to understand it, the more confused i become?
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by coolfaced8(f): 9:24pm On Jan 18, 2010
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by coolfaced8(f): 9:35pm On Jan 18, 2010
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by coolfaced8(f): 9:52pm On Jan 18, 2010
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by coolfaced8(f): 9:57pm On Jan 18, 2010
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Fhemmmy: 6:52pm On Jan 19, 2010
Fhemmmy is right here.
I think a woman needs a career, or business that is doing, at least have something in your hand, before she start flushing the marriage thing down a man's throat.
The woman needs to be able to do her own thing even while the husband is not there.
But most of them are still undergraduate and singing the blues of marriage into a man's ear . . . . .
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by coolier(f): 7:17pm On Jan 19, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I think a woman needs a career, or business that is doing, at least have something in your hand, before she start flushing the marriage thing down a man's throat.

A career or business is not a prerequisite for marriage. Most cases some marriages go down the drain because of these so called careers.
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Fhemmmy: 8:01pm On Jan 19, 2010
coolier:

A career or business is not a prerequisite for marriage. Most cases some marriages go down the drain because of these so called careers.

It takes more than career to sustain a marriage . . .
Before a woman can start wagging her tail about marriage and making noise in the ears of a man, she needs something doing.
Imagine a man that is making like 20K a month and have to do community sponsorship like they do in Nija and is dating a babe in the University and yet the babe is wagging her tongue, that all her mate are married . . . . .ask her what has she got to offer in the marriage . . .nice boobs and tight a$$? there is more to it than that . . .wont u say?
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Opelope(m): 1:07pm On Jan 25, 2010
A woman is ready when she knows and is ready to handle 2 things.

1 - the reason for marriage. marriage was made for man n woman to come together, reproduce and raise children in the way of the LORD.

2 - there are responsibilities that come with marriage which must been handled. raising of children in the right light. because to stay alive n raise this kids right u need to survive, then at least 1 person needs to go get food OR money to get feeding and education.

If i marry a lady cause i like her character, then that's the character i want in ma children and not the Nanny's character.

If u do not spend the quality time with ur children, then do not expect an OBAMA-esque reward but rather, an ABDULMUTALLAB-esque (sorry man but, ) reward.
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Fhemmmy: 3:50pm On Jan 25, 2010
Opelope:

A woman is ready when she knows and is ready to handle 2 things.

1 - the reason for marriage. marriage was made for man n woman to come together, reproduce and raise children in the way of the LORD.

2 - there are responsibilities that come with marriage which must been handled. raising of children in the right light. because to stay alive n raise this kids right u need to survive, then at least 1 person needs to go get food OR money to get feeding and education.

If i marry a lady cause i like her character, then that's the character i want in ma children and not the Nanny's character.

If u do not spend the quality time with your children, then do not expect an OBAMA-esque reward but rather, an ABDULMUTALLAB-esque (sorry man but, ) reward.

I am not sure you understand the question/thread well.
We mean, what are the pre-requisite for marriage for a woman?
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Opelope(m): 10:04am On Jan 26, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I am not sure you understand the question/thread well.
We mean, what are the pre-requisite for marriage for a woman?

And as i said in the first line, when she knows the reasons for marriage n the responsibilities that come with it and is also ready to handle those responsibilities.

You as an 'outsider' can kinda have an idea as to when she is ready by having a look at how she handles issues as well as how she takes care of her self and others around her.
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Fhemmmy: 6:32pm On Jan 26, 2010
Opelope:

And as i said in the first line, when she knows the reasons for marriage n the responsibilities that come with it and is also ready to handle those responsibilities.

You as an 'outsider' can kinda have an idea as to when she is ready by having a look at how she handles issues as well as how she takes care of her self and others around her.

All sounds good and cute, but i think she needs to finish her school, have a job, or a business before hitting the man in the head for marriage
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Pataki: 8:44pm On Jan 26, 2010
Unfortunately, most women never know when they are ready for marriage not until the pressures of life and womanhood come staring them in the face.
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Arnold1(m): 8:53pm On Jan 26, 2010
When they start thinking about having children and companionship. These
thoughts stay on their minds more than any other time in their lives.

You'll also see that they become a bit more matured in their disposition toward men.
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Fhemmmy: 5:24pm On Jan 27, 2010
Pataki:

Unfortunately, most women never know when they are ready for marriage not until the pressures of life and womanhood come staring them in the face.

i think this is the reason why they need to get busy with their lives and plan it out well, stay in school and be able to have something to fall on.
Arnold1:

When they start thinking about having children and companionship. These
thoughts stay on their minds more than any other time in their lives.

You'll also see that they become a bit more matured in their disposition toward men.

Totally agree with you
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Opelope(m): 7:23pm On Jan 27, 2010
Fhemmmy:

All sounds good and cute, but i think she needs to finish her school, have a job, or a business before hitting the man in the head for marriage

Thanks for the compliment. However, I've actually come to realise from experience mainly that finishin skl n having a job ain't a NECESSITY but rather, an added advantage which most men would love. She could always finish skl n work even after marriage.

i believe wat matters most are the inmost qualities. The character.
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Fhemmmy: 7:48pm On Jan 27, 2010
Opelope:

Thanks for the compliment. However, I've actually come to realise from experience mainly that finishin skl n having a job ain't a NECESSITY but rather, an added advantage which most men would love. She could always finish skl n work even after marriage.

i believe wat matters most are the inmost qualities. The character.

That is possible as well.
But mind you, we are talking of some ladies that seems to wanna rush the man down the aisle and yet have nothing to contribute in the marriage.
Ofcourse there are many ladies that could finish up later and get a good job and all that, however, in a situation where the guy is not making that much money, i think will be better for the woman to at least have something doing that will assist in keep the home together.
This was as a result of some ladies, that are in school and yet demanding some quick walking down the aisle.
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Opelope(m): 5:17pm On Jan 28, 2010
Fhemmmy:

That is possible as well.
But mind you, we are talking of some ladies that seems to wanna rush the man down the aisle and yet have nothing to contribute in the marriage.
Ofcourse there are many ladies that could finish up later and get a good job and all that, however, in a situation where the guy is not making that much money, i think will be better for the woman to at least have something doing that will assist in keep the home together.
This was as a result of some ladies, that are in school and yet demanding some quick walking down the aisle.

Agreed.
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Fhemmmy: 5:59pm On Jan 28, 2010
Kool
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Nwaka77: 4:33am On Feb 02, 2010
@Poster

I do not know. Its an individual thing. All I know is when one meets the right person they will know. This does not apply to Naija ladies in Naija where there are put under so much pressure by family, friends and society at large, they cannot differentiate between Mr. right and Mr. wrong.
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Fhemmmy: 7:50pm On Feb 22, 2010
The question is not about when she meets the right man, but what are the achievements that a woman needs before she needs to start worrying about marriage?
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by mamagee3(f): 2:12am On Apr 06, 2010
When there's a feeling she has met the right partner.
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by CILondon: 2:23am On Apr 06, 2010
Men want the bed too quickly
Women want to wed too quickly

She is pressuring you for marriage becos she gave you her thing, now she wants the ring.
If you are not prepared to wed her, then why did you bed her?

Give her the ring or stop taking her thing.

PUT A RING ON IT!!!
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Sissy3(f): 8:12am On Apr 08, 2010
CILondon:

Men want the bed too quickly
Women want to wed too quickly

She is pressuring you for marriage becos she gave you her thing, now she wants the ring.
If you are not prepared to wed her, then why did you bed her?

Give her the ring or stop taking her thing.

PUT A RING ON IT!!!

are you saying a woman is READY for marriage when she has given enough of her "thing" to the man and feels she is been used?
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Fhemmmy: 7:53pm On May 25, 2010
Amazing that most of the future wives dont even know when a woman is ready to marry

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

He Sells His Wife's Chin-chin In The Office / And What's So Special About The Male Child? / Love Or Submission...which Should Come First In Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.