Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,402 members, 7,819,430 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Broken Bottle - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Broken Bottle (37607 Views)

THE FISHERMAN'S Tale(love Finds Broken) / Bottle Warriors(beer Parlour Night Tale)story By Youngzubi / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Broken Bottle by Nwiboko26(f): 1:42pm On Dec 15, 2016
Dis kian wife material no even reach 1/2 yard.ibinabo means goodluck bt her own na correct bad luck.big liability.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Broken Bottle by SheWrites(f): 2:27pm On Dec 15, 2016
Nwiboko26:
Dis kian wife material no even reach 1/2 yard.ibinabo means goodluck bt her own na correct bad luck.big liability.

hahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Broken Bottle by SheWrites(f): 2:37pm On Dec 15, 2016
CHAPTER SEVEN

The ringing of his phone woke him up. He opened his eyes and found Adiza sleeping beside him. She came into his apartment that morning and found him still in bed. She teased him, calling him ‘lazy-bones’, but now, she had also fallen asleep. He smiled and reached out for his phone which was on the rugged floor. He noticed that he had several missed calls from his childhood friend. Wasn’t she supposed to be with her fiancé and his family? He sat up and picked the call.

“Hello.”

“Tjay… I have been trying to reach you,” she sounded exasperated.

“Are you okay?”

“No,” she sounded like she had been crying.

“What is it?” his heart missed a beat.

“Please, come and get me.”

“Where are you?”

“Somewhere in Ikorodu.”

“Ikorodu?”

“Please come.”

“Why don’t you take a cab home?”

“I need you.”

He scratched a spot on his scalp, “Where is your fiancé?”

“He is with… he has called off the whole thing,” she sobbed.

“Ah-han! What happened?” he became worried.

Adiza woke up and turned on her side.

“Please come and pick me up.”

“Okay, okay, text me your exact location.”

“Thank you,” she sounded relieved.

He hung up and sighed. He couldn’t imagine what might have gone wrong. He felt sorry for her.

“Who was that?”

He turned around and found her seated on the bed, “It is Bina. I need to pick her up at Ikorodu.”

“Why?” she frowned.

He got down from the bed.

“Why can’t she get a cab or something?” she observed him.

“She is in no condition to come home alone,” he opened his wardrobe.

“What does that mean?” her eyes drilled into his bare back.

“Eru called off the wedding,” he belted his brown Chinos trousers.

“And so?” she cared less. She wasn’t happy that her boyfriend had to be dragged into his childhood friend’s mess.

Her response caught him off guard. He glanced back at her in surprise.

“Is this how you will continue to be at her beck and call? What happens when we get married?”

He blinked and began to laugh. Women and their vivid imaginations never ceased to amuse him.

“This is not funny. I am beginning to think that there is more to this your so called alliance with her.”

He stopped laughing and placed both hands on his hips, “Haba Adiza.”

“Why should it be you all the time? Why can’t she call someone else?”

He picked up the car keys on the table.

“Don’t go,” she pleaded. She had thought they would spend the weekend together.

“I have to. She needs me,” he tried to make her see reasons.

She got down from the bed, “I need you too.”

“Come on Adiza. You know that you have me one hundred percent.”

She closed the gap between them, “Then stay with me, you can call one of those cab drivers to pick her up and take her home.”

He sighed heavily, torn between pleasing his girlfriend and helping his friend, “I will be back soon,” he pecked her on the forehead and headed out.

She bit at her lower lip. Was it possible that her man had feelings for his friend? If he does, what does he feel for her? Was it possible to be in love with two people at the same time?

xxxxxx

Bina started to cry again when she saw Tjay’s car. He helped her with her bags and they got into the car.

“What happened?” he didn’t like the way he saw her. Her eyes were red, her face was red and she looked like her whole world had ended.

“He chose his family over me. He collected his ring,” she sobbed, “Tjay, I think there is something wrong with me. All the men that proposed to me always leave me, why, why Tjay?”

He pulled her close in a hug, “It is going to be all right.”

“I don’t have anyone. I am all alone in this world,” she sounded distressed.

“No, you are not. You have Granny and of course, you have me.”

She stopped crying. He was right. He had stood beside her despite all odds, “Thank you for always been there for me.”

“You are welcome,” he released her and started the car.

xxxxxx

Lolly was taken by surprise when Tjay brought her grand-daughter home. Bina narrated what happened at the Ogheneochuko’s place. She wished she could ease the young girl’s pain.

Tjay tidied Bina’s room and watched her fall asleep. She held unto his hand and refused to let go. His girl friend called several times, but, he couldn’t pick her call.

Lolly watched him in amazement. She had always sensed that the boy had deep feelings for her grand-daughter. His actions over the years confirmed what she thought.

xxxxxx

Adiza stood outside the gate and kept on knocking. It was six in the evening and she had not seen her boyfriend. He refused to pick her calls or reply her text messages. If she find him in the Udeme’s place, he would have a lot of explaining to do.

The security guard opened the gate and allowed her in. Her anger intensified when she saw Tjay’s car parked at a corner. She marched into the house and sat in the living room. The housekeeper offered her a drink but she refused it. A few minutes later, Tjay walked in.

“Babe, what are you doing here?” he sat beside her.

“I should be asking you that,” she looked him up and down.

His puzzled gaze focused on her frowning face.

“You left home this morning and you didn’t even bother to call.”

He had been distracted, he had thought of calling her that morning, but, it skipped his mind, “Can we talk about this later?”

“No!” she flared.

He seized her up. What was wrong with her? Why was she so angry? If she was here to pick a fight with him, her timing was totally wrong. He took her by the hand and led her out of the house. He didn’t want anyone to hear them arguing.

“Are you okay?” he looked deep into her eyes.

She placed a hand on her hip, “Are you in love with Bina?”

He crossed his arms and stared back at her, “You know I care a lot about her. She is my childhood friend.”

She shook her head, “Do you love her or not?” her heart lurched as she waited for his response.

“What are you driving at?” he tried to avoid her question.

“There is something going on between you two,” she pointed an accusing finger at him.

He chuckled, “You are imagining things,” he tried to make light of the situation.

“No! I am not,” she eyed him.

He looked at her closely. He had never seen her that upset. If she had discerned how he felt about Bina, then he didn’t do a good job hiding it.

“You are in love with her. I have eyes… I see things, I hear things,” she shot him a cold stare.

He pressed his lips together. He didn’t know what to tell her.

“Why did you ask me out in the first place?” she felt frustrated. She couldn’t believe that she had been dating someone who was in love with
another.

“Adiza…”

“Let me finish!” she raised a hand, her cold eyes bored into his sober ones.

He remained silent and just watched her.

“I can’t do this anymore. I cannot be in a relationship with someone who loves someone else.”

Seeing her hurt made him feel pained. Dating her had soothed his aching heart. Maybe he shouldn’t have started something he couldn’t finish.
He had been lying to himself. He thought he would be able to get over Bina, date then marry someone else, but, his heart remained hers completely. He had made a big mistake.

He stepped forward, “I am so sorry.”

“Keep your sorry to yourself,” her disdainful look seized him up.

“Please forgive me,” he clasped his fingers together.

Her hazel eyes shone with unshed tears, “Goodbye Tjay,” she turned around and sauntered away.

“Adiza!” he called out to her, but she kept on walking.

14 Likes

Re: Broken Bottle by pweetychyka(f): 4:10pm On Dec 15, 2016
Adiza pls come home Tjay loves uuuuu...

Bina will neva stop causing Tjay pains! She can't treat him ryt yet she doesn't want to see em happy wit anoda!

Thanks for the update ma'am!
Buh U kept us starving for more updates angry angry angry
Be nice today and give us more update today ooooo kiss kiss kiss
Re: Broken Bottle by SheWrites(f): 5:03pm On Dec 15, 2016
pweetychyka:
Adiza pls come home Tjay loves uuuuu...

Bina will neva stop causing Tjay pains! She can't treat him ryt yet she doesn't want to see em happy wit anoda!

Thanks for the update ma'am!
Buh U kept us starving for more updates angry angry angry
Be nice today and give us more update today ooooo kiss kiss kiss

Sweerie abeg manage this one for today *winks*
Re: Broken Bottle by pweetychyka(f): 5:11pm On Dec 15, 2016
SheWrites:

Sweerie abeg manage this one for today *winks*

Ohhkay ma'am kiss kiss kiss kiss

Hope u r fine?
Re: Broken Bottle by SheWrites(f): 5:28pm On Dec 15, 2016
@pweetychyka... Sweet heart am good jare. My kids are on holiday. They just dey scatter the house anyhow. Can't wait for schools to resume hahahaha...
Re: Broken Bottle by queenitee(f): 5:30pm On Dec 15, 2016
This blows my mind..love @shewrites

1 Like

Re: Broken Bottle by pweetychyka(f): 6:02pm On Dec 15, 2016
SheWrites:
@pweetychyka... Sweet heart am good jare. My kids are on holiday. They just dey scatter the house anyhow. Can't wait for schools to resume hahahaha...

Hehehehe I can relate tho ain't a mother yet!

It's their right! They should enjoy all the love from u wink wink

Ma love to dem kiss kiss kiss
Re: Broken Bottle by Chumzypinky(f): 6:09pm On Dec 15, 2016
SheWrites:

Sweet heart, am at a love feast. I don't know when I'll get home tonight.

@all... I apologize for not posting yesterday. [bold]I was at my kids' school christmas party[/bold].

Unfailingly, before dinner time tomorrow I will post updates *hugs*

Ooops! You're some1's mother??
Re: Broken Bottle by crislyn(f): 7:24pm On Dec 15, 2016
That tjay is a First Class ediot..thank God I've never met any tjay.
Re: Broken Bottle by Nmaglit: 7:52pm On Dec 15, 2016
Sosa y u no tell me say u don prepare delicious food
Re: Broken Bottle by BABZIENE(m): 9:14pm On Dec 15, 2016
crislyn:
Ahan!!! Itumo?
Re: Broken Bottle by SheWrites(f): 10:31pm On Dec 15, 2016
pweetychyka:

Hehehehe I can relate tho ain't a mother yet!
It's their right! They should enjoy all the love from u wink wink
Ma love to dem kiss kiss kiss
*blowing-u-a-zillion-kisses*

1 Like

Re: Broken Bottle by SheWrites(f): 10:43pm On Dec 15, 2016
Chumzypinky:

Ooops! You're some1's mother??

Yes love *winks* God blessed me with 2 lovely boys who are the combination of superman, batman plus captain america *smh* they are just 4 and 3yrs but the kind of activities they dive into, you will think a battalion lived with me.

1 Like

Re: Broken Bottle by Elkay3: 11:26pm On Dec 15, 2016
SheWrites:

Yes love *winks* God blessed me with 2 lovely boys who are the combination of superman, batman plus captain america *smh* they are just 4 and 3yrs but the kind of activities they dive into, you will think a battalion lived with me.

That's really wow-ing!!!! And you could still put up a lovely story this much?
Re: Broken Bottle by SheWrites(f): 3:47am On Dec 16, 2016
@Elkay3... I write whenever they are asleep or watching cartoons.

Sometimes, I have to beg them in order to be able to type on the laptop.

Most times, I sneak to a quiet corner and write. But, once I am caught, I have to bail myself out by giving them pencils, biros and paper... Phew!

I have more time to write when they are in school, but, it's holiday season lol...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Broken Bottle by SheWrites(f): 3:52am On Dec 16, 2016
queenitee:
This blows my mind..love @shewrites

*hugs*
Re: Broken Bottle by Shakyroh320(f): 6:20am On Dec 16, 2016
May ur labour be rewarded with greatness,regards to the kids.[quote author=SheWrites post=51970060]@Elkay3... I write whenever they are asleep or watching cartoons.
Most times, I sneak to a quiet corner and write. But, once I am caught, I have to bail myself out by giving them pencils, biros and paper... Phew!
I have more time to write when they are in school, but, it's holiday season lol...[/quote)
Re: Broken Bottle by gal10(f): 7:00am On Dec 16, 2016
I don't like bina...mtcheww angry

2 Likes

Re: Broken Bottle by crislyn(f): 8:30am On Dec 16, 2016
BABZIENE:

Ahan!!! Itumo?
Meaning...wait o, is your name tjay? Before I wee talk and receive slap nw.
Re: Broken Bottle by crislyn(f): 8:36am On Dec 16, 2016
SheWrites:
@Elkay3... I write whenever they are asleep or watching cartoons.

I have more time to write when they are in school, but, it's holiday season lol...
Ewo o and here I am always thinking Shewrite is one lepacious smally o.. Lol. May God bless your home and always gives you happiness just the way you replace my boredom with happiness.
Re: Broken Bottle by SheWrites(f): 9:03am On Dec 16, 2016
Shakyroh320:
May ur labour be rewarded with greatness,regards to the kids.

Amen! Thanks *hugs*

1 Like

Re: Broken Bottle by SheWrites(f): 9:09am On Dec 16, 2016
crislyn:

Ewo o and here I am always thinking Shewrite is one lepacious smally o.. Lol. May God bless your home and always gives you happiness just the way you replace my boredom with happiness.

Amen! Am so glad. Replacing your boredom with happiness is an answered prayer.

I always pray to touch lives with my stories.

1 Like

Re: Broken Bottle by tens4real(m): 9:11am On Dec 16, 2016
I wonder how tjay will cope wen he finally marries Bina... Hmmm
Re: Broken Bottle by BABZIENE(m): 9:17am On Dec 16, 2016
crislyn:

Meaning...wait o, is your name tjay? Before I wee talk and receive slap nw.
Ayam tjay but ayam smarter than that dude in shewrites story.

1 Like

Re: Broken Bottle by pweetychyka(f): 10:24am On Dec 16, 2016
BABZIENE:

Ayam tjay but ayam smarter than that dude in shewrites story.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
GUYS DON'T WANT TO BE NICE AGAIN SHA
Re: Broken Bottle by pelvicky(m): 11:25am On Dec 16, 2016
Great story
Re: Broken Bottle by BABZIENE(m): 11:56am On Dec 16, 2016
pweetychyka:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
GUYS DON'T WANT TO BE NICE AGAIN SHA
Oh! You think that shewrites tjay was being nice?
Re: Broken Bottle by SheWrites(f): 12:17pm On Dec 16, 2016
There is Bina in all of us, but in different doses.

Tjay is a symbolic character of God. He is forever merciful and sticks to us like glue, regardless of what we say and do.

*winks*

1 Like

Re: Broken Bottle by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 16, 2016
crislyn:
Love can make one do stupid things and make some mumuish decision
The right thing to do is to just zero one's mind and harden one's heart
Re: Broken Bottle by tens4real(m): 12:36pm On Dec 16, 2016
SheWrites:
There is Bina in all of us, but in different doses.

Tjay is a symbolic character of God. He is forever merciful and sticks to us like glue, regardless of what we say and do.

*winks*
even after toiling with adizas emotion using her to consul himself for lack of confidence to confront Bina knowing fully well dat he has no feelings for her... That is selfishness

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Charismatic Charlie Wade (novel) / Pictorial Quotes That'll Make Your Day & Give You Hope / Best African Author: Wole Soyinka or Chinua Achebe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.