Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Broken Bottle - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Broken Bottle (37634 Views)

THE FISHERMAN'S Tale(love Finds Broken) / Bottle Warriors(beer Parlour Night Tale)story By Youngzubi / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Broken Bottle by SheWrites(f): 8:36am On Dec 19, 2016
crislyn:

Yeahhhhhh we've got things in common. I grew up in Lagos too, schooled in your state and I also live in Abuja . I wee come and visit you.

Yipee! Let's hang out.
Re: Broken Bottle by SheWrites(f): 8:40am On Dec 19, 2016
Princelegacylemoha:
For me She is the Best Is never easy to write stories and articles short But she Does She writes so good She creates realistic stories She keeps it coming perpetual You Good You Good Am not a lover of fictions But you made me love reading Thanks
Am touched, am honoured *holy-hug*

1 Like

Re: Broken Bottle by pweetychyka(f): 9:13am On Dec 19, 2016
Nice story ma'am....very comprehensive and many lessons learnt.

GOD richly bless u with more wisdom and knowledge!

BTW, I read through ur other story "RAZOR TONGUE"... And I really loved the storyline buh there is something I don't understand about Martha n her neice{sheila}.. What led to the hatred n y sheila was very mean grin grin!
Really love her guts tho wink wink wink wink
Re: Broken Bottle by SheWrites(f): 11:46am On Dec 19, 2016
pweetychyka:
Nice story ma'am....very comprehensive and many lessons learnt.

GOD richly bless u with more wisdom and knowledge!

BTW, I read through ur other story "RAZOR TONGUE"... And I really loved the storyline buh there is something I don't understand about Martha n her neice{sheila}.. What led to the hatred n y sheila was very mean grin grin!
Really love her guts tho wink wink wink wink

Sheila is an only child who is foul mouthed, doesn't like being cheated, ready to state her opinions, and her aunt, Martha felt she was spoilt and too brazen for her liking.

Their constant clashes led to offences which germinated into bitterness.

1 Like

Re: Broken Bottle by pweetychyka(f): 12:21pm On Dec 19, 2016
SheWrites:

Sheila is an only child who is foul mouthed, doesn't like being cheated, ready to state her opinions, and her aunt, Martha felt she was spoilt and too brazen for her liking.

Their constant clashes led to offences which germinated into bitterness.

Oh right...She wasn't a spoilt brat as the other family painted her then....
I so much love her guts cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Broken Bottle by Megilicious(f): 5:47pm On Dec 19, 2016
lovely lovey writeup, i love it, i had to come online n comment. pls will b xpecting more stories frm u, av read torn also, reading hrtstrngs now. kip up d good wrk. more ink to ur pen.
Re: Broken Bottle by MightyFortress: 6:13pm On Dec 19, 2016
Lady, you are good... I must complement you on this fine effort... I look forward to more of your stories! More grace and regards to your family..
Re: Broken Bottle by SheWrites(f): 7:27pm On Dec 19, 2016
Megilicious:
lovely lovey writeup, i love it, i had to come online n comment. pls will b xpecting more stories frm u, av read torn also, reading hrtstrngs now. kip up d good wrk. more ink to ur pen.

Thaaannkss *hugs*
Re: Broken Bottle by SheWrites(f): 7:29pm On Dec 19, 2016
MightyFortress:
Lady, you are good... I must complement you on this fine effort... I look forward to more of your stories! More grace and regards to your family..

Amen. Thank you so much *winks*
Re: Broken Bottle by crislyn(f): 11:00pm On Dec 19, 2016
SheWrites:

Yipee! Let's hang out.
Wow I'd totally love that....I'm in my village right now, when I get back next week then. which part of Abuja are you?
Re: Broken Bottle by crislyn(f): 11:03pm On Dec 19, 2016
tens4real:
OK... Please don't be like her... She is really a good girl and I don't like good girls.. Winks
Ehn! OK mo ti gbo.
Re: Broken Bottle by draybanks(m): 12:03am On Dec 20, 2016
This is indeed one of the best stories I have seen in 2016. You know what I think? Let's make it a movie. Would really love to see it on screen. But I need to get ur approval first. Nice one gal!
Re: Broken Bottle by SheWrites(f): 5:56pm On Dec 20, 2016
crislyn:

Wow I'd totally love that....I'm in my village right now, when I get back next week then. which part of Abuja are you?

Jikwoyi. Mail me. iyareserah@gmail.com
Re: Broken Bottle by SheWrites(f): 6:00pm On Dec 20, 2016
draybanks:
This is indeed one of the best stories I have seen in 2016. You know what I think? Let's make it a movie. Would really love to see it on screen. But I need to get ur approval first. Nice one gal!

Thanks. Am interested. Mail me iyareserah@gmail.com
Re: Broken Bottle by crislyn(f): 8:42pm On Dec 20, 2016
SheWrites:

Jikwoyi. Mail me. iyareserah@gmail.com
Alrt ma.
Re: Broken Bottle by Elkay3: 10:37pm On Dec 20, 2016
SheWrites:

Amen thanks!

I wrote those stories three, four years ago.

While you're busy Changing into the Christmas gears, lemme tickle your attention.
Earlier I was brooding over this Broken Bottle's saga, and it dawned on me that the curtain didn't actually fall at the right moment. If it did fall at all.
Correct me if I'm wrong, Bina's problem wasn't lack of who loves her, who to love or who would propose (8 times you told us). It was her attitude, her unlady-like touch of her environment, from unkempt room to elsewhere and everything else. Not neccessary to end with her choosing to consciously be neat and tidy, but since you chose to end on a happy note, I think a couple of sentences would have fix her problem up.
"Are you serious...Would you marry me?"
"Yes." He hugged her the more. " Absolutely! Next week or even sooner." she blushed. "On a simple condition." she reluctantly pull out of his hug. Her pink cheek slowly lose its glow as a crease appeared on her forehead, and Tjay looked deep into her searching eyes, knowing the one nagging attitude she must change....
Bla Bla blah until the curtain fall.

But correct me if I got it wrong.

NB: just before someone thinks I'm hating on this amazing writer, try look up at my opening sentence. If I brood over a writeup, that shows I loved it. Even you.

2 Likes

Re: Broken Bottle by SheWrites(f): 11:53am On Dec 21, 2016
*hugs*

While you're busy Changing into the Christmas gears, lemme tickle your attention.
Earlier I was brooding over this Broken Bottle's saga, and it dawned on me that the curtain didn't actually fall at the right moment. If it did fall at all.
Correct me if I'm wrong, Bina's problem wasn't lack of who loves her, who to love or who would propose (8 times you told us). It was her attitude, her unlady-like touch of her environment, from unkempt room to elsewhere and everything else. Not neccessary to end with her choosing to consciously be neat and tidy, but since you chose to end on a happy note, I think a couple of sentences would have fix her problem up.
"Are you serious...Would you marry me?"
"Yes." He hugged her the more. " Absolutely! Next week or even sooner." she blushed. "On a simple condition." she reluctantly pull out of his hug. Her pink cheek slowly lose its glow as a crease appeared on her forehead, and Tjay looked deep into her searching eyes, knowing the one
Re: Broken Bottle by Elkay3: 12:54pm On Dec 21, 2016
Keep the hugs first...just say something.
Re: Broken Bottle by SheWrites(f): 5:03pm On Dec 21, 2016
Elkay3:
Keep the hugs first...just say something.

Bina prayed and believed that God will deliver her from herself.

Change is a gradual process and Tjay knows exactly what he is getting into.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Broken Bottle by Elkay3: 10:47pm On Dec 21, 2016
SheWrites:

Bina prayed and believed that God will deliver her from herself.

Change is a gradual process and Tjay knows exactly what he is getting into.

You're right.
Re: Broken Bottle by radiance26(f): 2:08am On Jan 27, 2017
Its a pity we can't catch up with the story after the first post,page 1-3 is inaccessible.Just completing the story in my imaginations.It really pained me
Re: Broken Bottle by SheWrites(f): 8:26am On Jan 27, 2017
radiance26:
Its a pity we can't catch up with the story after the first post,page 1-3 is inaccessible.Just completing the story in my imaginations.It really pained me

Aww... It's the network. Try again or read the story on www.facebook.com/serahiyare.stories.

You can also buy it at just N250 on www.okadabooks.com/store
Re: Broken Bottle by MhizDherbee(f): 1:06am On May 03, 2017
You're DOPE!!! Shewrites; ur stories are Amazing. Keep 'em coming ma'am. Waiting for a new story.... Dnt 4get to mention me... I love you!
Re: Broken Bottle by SheWrites(f): 1:38pm On May 05, 2017
Megilicious:

Thank. Yooouuu
Re: Broken Bottle by SheWrites(f): 1:40pm On May 05, 2017
MhizDherbee:
You're DOPE!!! Shewrites; ur stories are Amazing.
Keep 'em coming ma'am.
Waiting for a new story....
Dnt 4get to mention me...
I love you!

Awww darling ...love. yah too

1 Like

Re: Broken Bottle by Nobody: 10:39am On May 30, 2017
Sincerely This Is Lovely.
Re: Broken Bottle by SheWrites(f): 12:53pm On May 30, 2017
chiomajoshua:
Sincerely This Is Lovely.
thanks
Re: Broken Bottle by vickyviolet(f): 2:45pm On Jul 03, 2017
nice story I doff my hat 4 u
Re: Broken Bottle by MzShay(f): 3:07pm On Jul 03, 2017
Interesting story. More inspiration OP
Re: Broken Bottle by LilySopi(f): 8:56pm On Jul 03, 2017
Short and straight to the point. I love ds piece.. Dope. Weldone
Re: Broken Bottle by SheWrites(f): 10:00pm On Jul 03, 2017
Thanks everyone *hugs*
Re: Broken Bottle by SheWrites(f): 8:01am On Jul 13, 2017
Morning everyone.

I know you enjoyed this story.

Get your own copy at okadabooks.com/search?term=BROKEN+BOTTLE

Or mail me at iyareserah@gmail.com and I will mail you the PDF format after payment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pictorial Quotes That'll Make Your Day & Give You Hope / Best African Author: Wole Soyinka or Chinua Achebe? / Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.