Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,306 members, 7,815,560 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? (20471 Views)

What Is Wrong With Feminism / My Argument Against Feminism / Personal Thoughts On Feminism As A Nigerian. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by AngelsAndStars(m): 2:41pm On Dec 12, 2016
couliss:
yes he did their is no where in the bible where God said a woman was not equal with a man if there is a place show me I stand to be corrected
and if I might ask what makes you think am not equal to you ?
God made man in his image and likeness. eve was a by-product from the rib. eve was said to be just a helper. even Paul said in New Testament you women are not to speak when we speak. even God no get daughter, only a son

how is that equality?
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 12, 2016
No! I can do or say whatever I want, whenever I want, however I want.... undecided tongue

#TeamFeminism cool
Ezeego1:

Madam please you are filtering this thread with unreasonable comments.

Move to romance section please.
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by sweetcocoa(f): 2:42pm On Dec 12, 2016
HumanistMike:

Lol.

Feminist protest and request for quota in Oil Companies and Government Positions. We all expect them to protest and request for quota/equal representation of females on the front line. Isn't that equality? Isn't that equal rights and equal responsibility? Isn't that what feminism stands for?
I already said they go to war, I even remember there was a thread sometime ago, about a particular female soldier on a mission somewhere in Africa and how gallant she was.
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 12, 2016
couliss:
yes he did their is no where in the bible where God said a woman was not equal with a man if there is a place show me I stand to be corrected
and if I might ask what makes you think am not equal to you ?

1 Corinthians chap 11 vs 3, 8,9
Our emotions are different, so is our physical make up, strength and energy. You were made to love and nuture. I was made to work, lead and provide
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by Timbuktuo: 2:43pm On Dec 12, 2016
Olumaeme:

Men are created to take the lead and women to be assist.

I told my fiance outrightly that if you want to be equal to me then don't ask when am meeting your parents or who will foot the bill of the wedding or running cost, just divide the bills equally and come have my own part. When we go out on date u pay your bills and I pay mine, i can't pay for your hair since you ain't paying for mine too.
Let's go 50/50 and let's see how it goes, since that day she don get sense.

I just had to fucking quote this comment a second time. Damn.
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by HumanistMike(m): 2:44pm On Dec 12, 2016
sweetcocoa:
I already said they go to war, I even remember there was a thread sometime ago, about a particular female soldier on a mission somewhere in Africa and how gallant she was.

Peace Keeping and War are not the same.

I'm beginning to feel you are slow. Please keep it moving.

1 Like

Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by jeff1607(m): 2:44pm On Dec 12, 2016
sweetcocoa:
Infact, HumanistMike and AngelsAndStars, It has come to my notice that, Nigerian female soldiers do go to war.

they only serve as medics and other support groups, come to the barracks and see how specially female soldiers,

early morning PT they are always behind and give reasons why they fall behind

during physical combat or sparring only veryfew female soldiers challenge other men but with a hand tied behind some both hands to push theirlimit.

I like theway feminist like defending themselves but please don't talk about how other females are treat instead talk about yours instead

ladies are their own worst enemies, since this is a faceless forum, check out d percentage of peeps they follow on their profile compare female to males. females are usually encouraged to go to the front lines but they prefer either being in the communication unit, medics, logistics etc

2 Likes

Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by AngelsAndStars(m): 2:45pm On Dec 12, 2016
sweetcocoa:

stop trying hard abeg you funny. one female gallant soldier Lolz. we talking battalions you talking one. that's definitely not equal... stop googling trash from cyber space please....

like I said, we use your type as cooks, cleaners, and shoe shiners in battle camps. you dare not match on for real deal.

even in USA they don't train together. they wan die? please just stop there.

1 Like

Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by 2ScrewsLoose: 2:47pm On Dec 12, 2016
ItsQuinn:
That is why I would advice ladies to never ask a guy out....EVER! undecided tongue
If half the men in the world were like me, i bet women would be the ones begging for our attention... Don't worry though, that time is coming..

You hardly see a woman that can stand toe to toe with a man without getting emotional.. It's crazy angry

Abeg make we do become equal.... This one sided responsibilities dun tire me.. sad
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by couliss: 2:48pm On Dec 12, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
God made man in his image and likeness. eve was a by-product from the rib. eve was said to be just a helper. even Paul said in New Testament you women are not to speak when we speak. even God no get daughter, only a son

how is that equality?
so God made woman in which image ? so because God made man in his own likeness it means a man is better than a woman remember there is a man in the word WoMAN once again I AM EQUAL WITH A MAN.
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by Ezeego1(m): 2:48pm On Dec 12, 2016
ItsQuinn:
No! I can do or say whatever I want, whenever I want, however I want.... undecided tongue

#TeamFeminism cool

Its ok. Just practice your brand of feminism only online.

I believe you are still young and naïve for now.
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by sweetcocoa(f): 2:49pm On Dec 12, 2016
dicefrost:

Is there a law that prevents or limit women from vying for political officies? Is there a law that restricts women from certain employments or hinder their economic freedom? Has society prevented you from doing anything because you are a woman?
There maybe no law preventing women from vying for political offices but that doesn't mean we all aren't aware of the misogyny/patriarchy in the society, Ofcourse women are being discriminated against in the society, to even suggest that isn't true, is the highest form of self deceit ever.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by solbil: 2:51pm On Dec 12, 2016
ah, Where is @sagamite and craziebone when you need them!

This is the kind of thread you need them both, @sagamite and @craziebone. Anyone remember them?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by GodsLastBorn: 2:51pm On Dec 12, 2016
Ohibenemma:
like this was prophetic, Chimamanda has come out to voice her preference for Clinton; and if you read between the lines, you will see that this preference was mainly inspired by her feminity.

Now, we're being mentally boxed into a corner by these feminists. For them, the only qualification that matters is one's sex. Don't you think we should all just lay low and allow the women take over?
Lol have you seen where a female president will blast another nation with nuclear war head because their first lady's hairstyle is better or that she's more beautiful than her? haha
Look at this lady she thinks I should endorse her proposal on or foreign policies because she thinks she's smarter than me? meeeeehn believe me you ain't ready to see where emotions takes more room than logic in vital decisions. hahahaha though we have some smart females that might handle it.
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by AngelsAndStars(m): 2:52pm On Dec 12, 2016
couliss:
so God made woman in which image ? so because God made man in his own likeness it means a man is better than a woman remember there is a man in the word WoMAN once again I AM EQUAL WITH A MAN.
Lolz. you must be living a sad life. I feel pity for you really.

in your next life please come as a niggur. but for now face your destiny.
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by ObaKlaz: 2:52pm On Dec 12, 2016
I am a man.

I WILL NEVER lower my masculinity for anything or any contradictory concept, no matter what name you give it. I accord no extra privileges to a woman all because she's a WOMAN. You wanna be up to me you gotta work for it and tick all the boxes I tick, and you better do that even better than I do!

You can't expect me to roll over for you in any facet of humanity, all because of your sex/gender. And should you happen to be better than I am at anything, that has to be because you're totally worth it, and I'd have NO PROBLEMS with that.

Still, that doesn't make me a misogynist.
But if you think my brand of MASCULINITY is misogynistic, then so be it!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by sweetcocoa(f): 2:53pm On Dec 12, 2016
HumanistMike:

Peace Keeping and War are not the same.

I'm beginning to feel you are slow. Please keep it moving.
And in peace keeping, war isn't involved?I see how fast you are. grin
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by jaywhoco(m): 2:54pm On Dec 12, 2016
Spot on
Ohibenemma:
Many years ago, the afro beat crooner, the late Fela Anikulapo Kuti sang about the emerging “modern” African lady. In the lyrics, he stated that : “she wan siddon for table before anybody…she wan take piece of meat before anybody…” and so on. Today, many years after, we see this at play in our society. It has been on for long, but its proponents are closer home than ever. They call themselves FEMINISTS.

I have listened to the arguments by Feminists over the years and have reached the simple conclusion that it is a very flawed subject. I have asked myself many times, and will ask again: what exactly do feminists want?

A Christian, I will draw my creation story from that handed down to us in the Holy Bible, which tells of how the man was first created, and the woman created FROM him to be a help meet for him. Now, this in no way prescribes a particular pattern of inordinate overlordship, but it does clearly state a hierarchy. This fact is alluded to in other chapters of the Bible, opening up the debate of who is actually superior between the male and female genders. I will attempt to answer that question. None. What was created was a partnership, not a feudalist set-up. However, it was a partnership with a hierarchy. Well, that’s not the focus of this write-up.

I have listened to and read speeches by modern day feminists, including our very own award winning writer, Chimamanda Adichie, and laughed. Not because I despise them or what they stand for, but because their claims are filled with operational contradictions. They claim to desire an equal standing by women with men, but operationally desire maintenance of the status quo. But isn’t it laughable that women would want an equality that can hardly be sustained by their biological set-ups? What about those hormonal factors that men don’t experience? What happens to the physical protuberances and monthly visits? I have observed these and laughed even more.

But, aside the mirth, I have observed that against their claims, the feminists do not even desire an equal standing with men; what they actually want is for the men with which they are equal to accord them special privileges because they are women. What segregation could be greater than this? They want the man to do some of the cooking at home, yet they want him to open the car door for them. They want some reservations made for them in government, reservations they will enjoy not because of their abilities, but because they are women! They want to get into male dominated jobs, not because they are physically suited to such, but because they want some representation to hype their ego! I think these people are actually chauvinists in disguise.

I was reading a commentary on the just concluded American elections, and the writer was trying so hard to decry Donald Trump’s victory on the basis of an opportunity lost to the American people to show that they were progressively minded. Since when did progressiveness have to do with some compulsion in favouring particular candidates on account of their sex rather than ability? That hardly sounds progressive to me. Sacrificing competence on the altar of gender, I think, it is actually a schism of sorts – and mediocre!

I remember back then, as a student of political sociology, we learnt that Hobbes’ contention for the formation of government was because, without and prior to it, man was brutish, lawless and life was short. Isn’t this the Almighty’s reason for the different characteristics and responsibilities assigned the two genders? Women, have been known in the course of history (in their place BESIDE THE MAN), to control world leaders even from the comfort of their bedrooms; they have caused men to act in highly benevolent ways just as well as they’ve inspired outrightly irrational reactions. Paupers have been made kings and kings have been brought to their knees, amongst others. Now, stimulated by feminist inspired gender strife, the females have gone into competition with the males, yet when they are decisively trumped, they cry discrimination and play the victim. On one hand, they want to be provided an equal playing ground, yet when they come short, they decry the males for being chauvinistic. Aren’t there areas where the females have a comparative advantage? Would feminists not view advising them to focus on those areas as gender discrimination I know they would.

In our studies of industrial relations, it was contended that one of the veritable ways to achieve specialization was by division of labour; would our modern societies not be helped to function better if each is allowed to develop along the lines of comparative strength? That way, macho ladies can be drafted to the frontlines while sissies (men) can be assigned kitchen duties. Under such arrangement, it wouldn’t be a bother to have a gender percentage of 96/4%, depending on the task, and none would cry discrimination. Also, undue contention would be eliminated and the sexes would function in harmonious symbiosis.

Feminists should know this fact; males and females aren’t created equal; they are rather set up to complement one another. A G-Wagon may be so expensive, but that doesn’t make the bulldozer less of a vehicle in its own right; they are created for different purposes. Only a fool would, however, guide his G-Wagon to go on head-on with a bulldozer. The story would likely be told by others. Let the sexes be; their outcomes were by design and not accident. Be the best IN YOUR PLACE!

Lalasticlala.
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by couliss: 2:55pm On Dec 12, 2016
dicefrost:

1 Corinthians chap 11 vs 3, 8,9
Our emotions are different, so is our physical make up, strength and energy. You were made to love and nuture. I was made to work, lead and provide
yes it is true but a lot women provide for their house hold men don't do that alone
I just hate it when women are called stupid ,fish brain or sluts or gold digger
that is not Nice stop it y'all we have female children are you going to call them stupid don't you have mothers, sisters,aunts or female cousins .
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 12, 2016
Why are you using religious quotes to back up your arguments? As if every female is religious....if every female were religious, this won't even be an argument in the first place. Feminism is not for the religious folks
AngelsAndStars:

how is that equality?

1 Like

Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 12, 2016
sweetcocoa:
There maybe no law preventing women from vying for political offices but that doesn't mean we all aren't aware of the misogyny/patriarchy in the society, Ofcourse women are being discriminated against in the society, to even suggest that isn't true, is the highest form of self deceit ever.

It simply isn't true! I'm challenging you to give examples. How have women been descriminated against by men?? Tell me were it has been the man.'s fault. Have you gone to look for a job and you were denied because you are a woman? How exactly have women been held back by society? The patriarchal society we have to is simply a case of natural selection. The dominant specie survives.

3 Likes

Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by babyfaceafrica: 2:57pm On Dec 12, 2016
sweetcocoa:
Infact, HumanistMike and AngelsAndStars, It has come to my notice that, Nigerian female soldiers do go to war.
pictorial evidence of this in Nigeria please?

1 Like

Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by couliss: 2:58pm On Dec 12, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
Lolz. you must be living a sad life. I feel pity for you really.

in your next life please come as a niggur. but for now face your destiny.
I am not living a sad life I am living the truth hopefully a man reads what have been writing since and have a rethink because if this is the men our society has I weep for us women I weep
most men can give 100 recharge card but can't browse on the internet what feminism is what it entails how does it affect the society
we are not fighting with you why do you all hate women so much we done nothing to you it is the same God who created you that created me the only problem you have with me is I AM A feminist and I want equality with you as a man that is the only problem you have with me
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by sweetcocoa(f): 2:59pm On Dec 12, 2016
dicefrost:

It simply isn't true! I'm challenging you to give examples. How have women been descriminated against by men?? Tell me were it has been the man.'s fault
You possibly can't be serious.

Most of our cultural practices is enough example and we damn well know, men are responsible for making such decisions.
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 12, 2016
Couldnt agree more wink smiley
2ScrewsLoose:
If half the men in the world were like me, i bet women would be the ones begging for our attention... Don't worry though, that time is coming..

You hardly see a woman that can stand toe to toe with a man without getting emotional.. It's crazy angry

Abeg make we do become equal.... This one sided responsibilities dun tire me.. sad
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by mykel2yc(m): 3:00pm On Dec 12, 2016
sweetcocoa:
Who's fault is it that they don't go to war? Send them to war and when they refuse, then you can talk to me. Talking as if the men even want to go to war, mschew.

Yea, why don't they go to war?

Pls sister news check women are not allow to join the Nigerian Army and not 4 the reason you think last year over 30 women soldiers refused to be deloped to sambisa given assume like am pregnant, am sick check women where not allowed to register 4 the 68-69th NDA regular course 4 army BT can apply 4 navy/ air force
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by AngelsAndStars(m): 3:00pm On Dec 12, 2016
ItsQuinn:
Why are you using religious quotes to back up your arguments? As if every female is religious....if every female were religious, this won't even be an argument in the first place. Feminism is not for the religious folks
she started the religious talk so am just trying to make her see that religion is the worse concept to argue equality with. lolz
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 12, 2016
sweetcocoa:
You possibly can't be serious.

Most of our cultural practices is enough example and we damn well know, men are responsible for making such decisions.

Cultural practices like what? Female circumcision?? That is a crime in nigeria.
Women not being allowed to inherit property? The Supreme Court has laid that to rest. Is there any other?
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by Timbuktuo: 3:02pm On Dec 12, 2016
sweetcocoa:

Please, madam Cocoa, what misogyny and Patriarchy is stopping women from achieving their political dreams. I dare you to name just one instance of this socirketk discrimination you talk about.
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by AngelsAndStars(m): 3:02pm On Dec 12, 2016
couliss:
I am not living a sad life I am living the truth hopefully a man reads what have been writing since and have a rethink because if this is the men our society has I weep for us women I weep
as long as Nigeria remains religious feminism won't hold ground so forget it. especially in northern Nigeria. thanks to Christianity, the southern part is not as strict to women that's why "feminists" even have mouth to cough.
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 12, 2016
Oh my bad! Didn't read her posts grin
AngelsAndStars:
she started the religious talk so am just trying to make her see that religion is the worse concept to argue equality with. lolz
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by AngelsAndStars(m): 3:04pm On Dec 12, 2016
ItsQuinn:
Oh my bad! Didn't read her posts grin
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) / Alaafin Of Oyo Fights For Boxing Title- The Vanguard / Fulani Herdsmen Aren’t Criminals —emir Of Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.