Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,123 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? (20459 Views)

What Is Wrong With Feminism / My Argument Against Feminism / Personal Thoughts On Feminism As A Nigerian. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by GodsLastBorn: 5:40pm On Dec 12, 2016
ItsQuinn:
The male species of course!!!! angry
Because of our gender that's why cry

If we were male, we would be allowed of any privileges we desire sad
Its all in your mind, tell me a goal you have ever wanted to, forget about wants rather worked so hard, smart and was very competent to achieve and it was stopped by a male?
That's the problem with many of you, nothing great can be handed to anyone on a platter of a damn gold. Nothing great can be achieved with ease or no sacrifice! the problem is that most of you don't understand the concept of achievements, setting goals and achieving them. All I hear are EXCUSES, let me use an infant for example;

A baby can barely move when they're born as month passes by they learn how to sit, after the master sitting they start learning how to crawl after that they start learning how to walk then running after many falls, pains, tears, wounds and more that prepared them for that next stage they want to achieve! they don't pay to learn those skills. They sacrificed through bruises, wounds, blood, tears and more to get their and while they were trying all these .......... they never for once believed that someone or something is stopping them from crawling, walking or running! they just knew they want to do these things and started working towards it despite all there tragedies and what's the goddamn result? EVERYONE THAT HAS NO DEFICIENCY OR ACCIDENT CAN WALK!
1. Do you think those positions that men are occupying were handed over to them? ( Even in naija where I.M is the order of the day you still have to possess certain skills/personality or reputation)

2. Do you think Bill Gate is where he is because he sat on his azz thinking "oh lorrt these apple guys, Steve Jobs and other tech companies can't let me make it?

3. Do you think Alexander Graham Bell was waiting for apple, google or all these cell phone companies to invent or produce panel for him so that he can time travel and invent the phone which have been upgraded that you can use it to travel into cyberspace and alight on nl avenue to type all these things?!

Excuses are very bad especially in dreams, stop playing that nonsense game of the " victim", great people and people who did, doing and can do amazing things don't let such disease live in their mind. Its a cancer, get rid of it. Nobody can stop you from doing what you want, good plans, skills, competence, perseverance and more are the keys. Imagine as a baby you believed someone was always there to push you down anytime you try to crawl or walk? would have walked when you did? self-pity is a disease too.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by mpowa(m): 5:44pm On Dec 12, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
most of them would die if they ask a guy out and he says no.

you want to be equal? it's a miserable journey with no end.
grin Sincerely, I don't know why your post is the one I agree with the most

It's a miserable journey really, accept God's order and your life is at peace.

Men and Women are designed to fit each other, they are Companions, not Competitors.
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by GodsLastBorn: 5:55pm On Dec 12, 2016
@ItsQuinn how could you achieve a goal when you have already conceded defeat before embarking on the goal? Nobody is preventing or holding you back but you, dues must be paid and sacrifices must be made to finally reach the land of the greats.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 12, 2016
Positive! smiley
GodsLastBorn:
@ItsQuinn how could you achieve a goal when you have already conceded defeat before embarking on the goal? Nobody is preventing or holding you back but you, dues must be paid and sacrifices must be made to finally reach the land of the greats.
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by ostirich(m): 6:03pm On Dec 12, 2016
couliss:
I can't tell a man how handsome he is am too shy for that I effing pay my bills NO ONE does that for me why should I slap someone that tries to help me I am not disallowed to contest for presidency I know that I hope I can become the president one day I am not disallowed to go to school that is true but a lot of children can also go to school but they face genital mutilation when they are born in the north at age 7 they are probably given to a man as old as their grand father as a bride at age 12 they have a child and their womb can't take it their urinal function get destroyed they wee on their self and some of them don't have money so live in that shame for a long just because they are girls .This is what feminism is againstHOW CAN YOU NOT BE A FEMINIST.

what is this one saying..
remember that is not feminism. its another problem on its own probably
found mostly in the northern part of Nigeria.
And remember what you listed is not applicable abroad but they are
championing feminism...........
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 12, 2016
grin tongue
Timbuktuo:

Lol. Bye bye.
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 12, 2016
Thank you very much! kiss

Hahaha....Ahan?! What did I do na? embarassed
AloyalNigerian:

HBD. wink
Although, you need cane. undecided
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by AloyalNigerian(m): 6:12pm On Dec 12, 2016
ItsQuinn:
Thank you very much! kiss

Hahaha....Ahan?! What did I do na? embarassed
SMH. lipsrsealed
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by AnusOdourInhaler: 6:17pm On Dec 12, 2016
ItsQuinn:
The best bday compliment!!! shocked cheesy embarassed lipsrsealed
I'm glad your bday is fun! Enjoy smiley

1 Like

Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by Godstraight(m): 6:21pm On Dec 12, 2016
U
dicefrost:

Go and read your bible, God didn't create us equal
stop bringing your bullshit bible jrte[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by joywendy(f): 6:28pm On Dec 12, 2016
Timbuktuo:

What change are you looking for, exactly? That women behave like men and men behave like women? No way. If God/nature wanted it so, we would be made the same. I say, no need for change. Do well as you are.

I beg go and collect a refund on your biology classes. There are quite a few more differences between male and female, hormones being one of them. Oestrogen and testosterone are not things you acquire in a pack of noodles. These hormones are what make us masculine or feminine. That's why boys gravitate towards a certain direction and girls, another. Read up on human hormones, madam.

Na so. Google is there for you to read and research, free of charge. Women and men act the way they do because of certain biological imperative imprinted in their DNA. It's why men are aggressive and women are relatively passive. No matter how much you try social engineering, men will take more risks than women. No amount of same-way rearing can change that.

Yeah. How many men do you know who fantasise about their wedding day like feminists do?

Well, you have/will have children. I challenge you to put these ideas of yours to the test. God-willing, I will be here when they grow up. Tell me the result.

The terms, maybe. The concepts have been and continue to manifest even in the face of the strongest feminist assault. Society simply took advantage of the phenomenon.

I don't think you understand me,what differentiates us male and female is based on the hormones of the reproductive organs. So no I'm not wrong when I say that....it's the reproductive organs.

You do know that not all male and females are the same right? Not all men are aggressive and all ladies are passive. You can't use that as a yardstick to judge every male and female out there.

What makes you think that all feminists fantasises about their weddings? And all guys don't? You do know that there are male feminists right? Lol, please when you are taught and trained from childhood to look at weddings and marriage as your ultimate goal in life. Why won't you fantasise about it? I don't expect you to understand anyways you weren't brainwashed that way so why bother even trying to understand those who were?

Lol, Why do I need to show or tell you the result of my personal life?

Feminist Assault what the hell is that? Society took advantage of what? I'm not getting

Why you getting all work up for this topic sef? You can't seem to pass across you point in a civil manner. We are sharing opinions not fighting abeg....
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by ObaKlaz: 6:35pm On Dec 12, 2016
Timbuktuo:

I'm fully sexist. I do not hide it and am proud of it. The feminists and women you are fighting for are just as sexist towards their own gender. Good luck fighting fair.
I'm not fighting for them. We're on the same team, bro! grin
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by joywendy(f): 6:36pm On Dec 12, 2016
puresaint12:
this Ignorance pass me o "men and women have only one thing that differenciates them and that's their reproductive organs"

Why not you bring up your points and I bring up mine and let's see who is the ignorant one between the both of us. Than making side remarks.

I have explained what I mean by reproductive organs above. if you going to talk of hormones cause that's the usual argument. Hormones of the reproductive system is what makes us different.

I'm willing to learn any other opinion and correct my assertions. I can't say the same for people who just jump in to make side remarks without bringing up any explanation to discredit a claim
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by mamateniola1: 6:39pm On Dec 12, 2016
I have listened to the arguments by Feminists over the years and have reached the simple conclusion that it is a very flawed subject. I have asked myself many times, and will ask again: what exactly do feminists want?

A Christian, I will draw my creation story from that handed down to us in the Holy Bible, which tells of how the man was first created, and the woman created FROM him to be a help meet for him. Now, this in no way prescribes a particular pattern of inordinate overlordship, but it does clearly state a hierarchy. This fact is alluded to in other chapters of the Bible, opening up the debate of who is actually superior between the male and female genders. I will attempt to answer that question. None

This is what we want! Don't treat us like we are inferior to you(men)

They want some reservations made for them in government, reservations they will enjoy not because of their abilities, but because they are women! They want to get into male dominated jobs, not because they are physically suited to such, but because they want some representation to hype their ego

Are you saying we are lesser or inferior intellectually that we can't have a place or a say in government on merit?

Lalasticlala.
[/quote]
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by iiiyyyk(m): 7:00pm On Dec 12, 2016
"They want the man to do some of the cooking at home, yet they want him to open the car door for them".

so apt.

1 Like

Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by jomoh: 7:21pm On Dec 12, 2016
ItsQuinn:
How am I being contradictory?

first you said you're a feminist, you can anything.

Then someone talked about ladies wooing guys and not able to handle the rejection, you now said that is why you advice ladies not to try to woo guys.

If you can do anything, you should be able to woo guys and handle the rejection well;

You should be able to take guys out on a date and pick the bills even when his friends chooses to tag along or decides to show up unannounced.

You should be able to pick up his bills, even the smallest of them which is to recharge his phone and pay for his tfare anytime he comes around and whenever he's leaving.

You should be able to do this without making him feel less of a man because that is also part of being treated "equally and fairly(feminism)".

or am I wrong in my submission?

4 Likes

Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by computerboy: 7:42pm On Dec 12, 2016
couliss:
I am not living a sad life I am living the truth hopefully a man reads what have been writing since and have a rethink because if this is the men our society has I weep for us women I weep
most men can give 100 recharge card but can't browse on the internet what feminism is what it entails how does it affect the society
we are not fighting with you why do you all hate women so much we done nothing to you it is the same God who created you that created me the only problem you have with me is I AM A feminist and I want equality with you as a man that is the only problem you have with me

I've checked on feminism and I know all it entails. Believe me I have no problem with that, as a matter of fact I'm an advocate. My problem with you (feminists) is that you want selective equality. You want equality in some aspects of life that favors men but doesn't favor women. You then forgot that there are other aspects that favor women but doesn't favour men as well.

In essence what I'm saying is if you want equality, then there should be equality in all aspects of our lives not the ones selected by you

1 Like

Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by ianSweet(f): 7:46pm On Dec 12, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
most of them would die if they ask a guy out and he says no.

you want to be equal? it's a miserable journey with no end.

LoL, whatever
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by Hannysmilez(f): 7:47pm On Dec 12, 2016
misspicy:
hi smiley
hello dear. Howdy?
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 12, 2016
Nope you are not wrong smiley.....but.....I don't agree with the asking out Part tongue
jomoh:

first you said you're a feminist, you can anything.

Then someone talked about ladies wooing guys and not able to handle the rejection, you now said that is why you advice ladies not to try to woo guys.

If you can do anything, you should be able to woo guys and handle the rejection well;

You should be able to take guys out on a date and pick the bills even when his friends chooses to tag along or decides to show up unannounced.

You should be able to pick up his bills, even the smallest of them which is to recharge his phone and pay for his tfare anytime he comes around and whenever he's leaving.

You should be able to do this without making him feel less of a man because that is also part of being treated "equally and fairly(feminism)".

or am I wrong in my submission?

Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by Odinz(m): 7:53pm On Dec 12, 2016
You got a point there!

They really need to understand what it is to be a man before they try to drag shoulders with men.

2 Likes

Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by ianSweet(f): 7:55pm On Dec 12, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
yeah, we should mix male footballers with female. we should also mix them in WWE wrestling.. mix them in front line of war. mix them everywhere. no special treats. you are on a date pay your bills. I call you one minute you call me one minute. no bride price, double wedding proposal. I can go on and on.

if I am to accept the concept then it will have to be in totality. no excuses

There are male and female footballers, wrestlers and soldiers pls. Not all cultures pay bride price, westernerns do not, what about India where the woman pays more?
No point here
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by computerboy: 7:56pm On Dec 12, 2016
joywendy:
so many silly arguments going on here and there.

The concept of feminism is a concept that many Nigerians refuse to understand. Even some ladies and some guys who call themselves feminist don't understand the term.

The reason I don't associate with such term as people tend to read feminism as some sort of men hating let the women rule the world kinda shit.

That's not the concept behind behind it. Equalist is a better term to describe the concept behind feminism. If you don't understand something you ask.

The op is right in some regards, you fight for equality then be ready for the consequences of your responsibilities.

Fairness in all areas. We talk about female child education what about the male child education? we talk of domestic violence against women what about against men as well? we talk about rape on women what about on men?

Some of the Nigerian/African feminism keep making it seem like women are the "only" victims. In all honesty we are all victims of the terrible norms,culture of the society.

If you want fairness in all areas of life then we need to come together as one, break the societal norms of gender roles and gender stereotypes. Break the male dominant culture in most of our traditions.

Raise the two genders the same way. Let the boys and girls learn how to do domestic work and be financially independent.

This is the true concept behind feminism but like I said the term as being bastardised and equalist or humanist would be a better and acceptable term to use.

#myonedollar

You're wrong. Believe me I've spent time to study the aim behind feminism and it's centred in the girl child. Feminists fight for a specific gender - the female, they don't fight for fairness to all genders.

Now tell me, if feminists acknowledges that the male child is equally raped, that he suffers domestic abuse as well and that there are regions where the male child is not sent to school, What equality are they fighting for again because basically the male child suffers same as the female

1 Like

Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by mykel2yc(m): 7:58pm On Dec 12, 2016
The conclusion of the matter is men will never be equal to women they will never be given the same opportunities as men in some fields no amount of protests can change that imagine the chief of army staff going on maternity leave, women are better in some fields while men are better in most even in the church have u seen a female Father b4
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by ianSweet(f): 8:04pm On Dec 12, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
no no dey don't go to war front. please you people should push for that. let the females face real terrorists battle.

sorry I still see people paying bride price, equality demands that such practices be abolished.

sorry I have not seen you protest that female and male should play sports together. please address that quickly.

there are people asking men out. what of you Mrs feminists? how many have you asked? tell us how many guys you have approached not what others do.

you can't eat your cake and have it. as long as your ass is still black. your feminists trash is only but a trash. we see you as jokers.

Most women can and will do all these things. Culture has just been the restriction placed on women to make us believe we can't.
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by kayemjay(m): 8:07pm On Dec 12, 2016
ItsQuinn:
Thank you so much dear! Free kisses kiss kiss kiss

Baby!!! I did not know! !! Happy Birthday! U know we gotta rock this shey?
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 12, 2016
Thank you dear!!! Of course wink kiss
kayemjay:

Baby!!! I did not know! !! Happy Birthday! U know we gotta rock this shey?
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by Hannysmilez(f): 8:27pm On Dec 12, 2016
dicefrost:

So what exactly is feminism? Educate me please
Males nd females are different;we get that. We arent tryna compete with men in the first place,we want to complement men.
We arent saying men need to cook to support it,my husband is a feminist and can hardly cook eggs. Feminism is a lot bigger than this silly topic of cooking. It irritates me when girls and boys trivialize it to 'girls should begin asking boys out' or 'i can't wash his clother'.
Female oppression is happening. Social,economic,mental oppression.
Women scared of attaining success coz they don't want to scare men.,girls denied the opp of bagging Ph.Ds coz men dont like overly intelligent women. Girls who are denied leadership positions coz 'how can a girl lead boys?'. A woman nearly died in FMC keffi cos her husband wasnt there to permit a Csection.
We are capable of big things bt we cant accomplish em till we get break free from the shackles of the stereotypes. We arent threats to your manhood. We love men.
You may not understand this still. The day your daughter reads hard for an exam but comes second because its a shame for a girl to lead boys,maybe you'd get it.
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by Hannysmilez(f): 8:33pm On Dec 12, 2016
Lol. I made a little contribution now.
swtdrms:

What's the write view of feminism, you have the burden of re-orientating us.
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by jomoh: 8:36pm On Dec 12, 2016
ItsQuinn:
Nope you are not wrong smiley.....but.....I don't agree with the asking out Part tongue

See ur tongue. So na only men supposed dey face rejection abi.

So you see why feminism is operationally contradictory. As long as it is not absolute. As long as you have a reservation about an aspect of a man's life that you cannot do.

Someother feminist somewhere will have another reservation about another thing that man does that they cannot do.

On a second thought, after carefully seeing most of your reply on here. I think you're not really a feminist. I think you're just here to have fun by tagging people along. e be like say I dey whine people ni joor.

1 Like

Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 12, 2016
couliss:
feminism is campaigning against rape,domestic violence and sexual harassment
feminism is campaigning for the girl child against female circumcision
feminism is against the Rape culture where
Victims are often disbelieved
Victims often do not report their rapes
Victims are often treated poorly by the criminal justice system
Rapists often go unpunished
Punishments for rape are often light compared to other crimes
Everything u outlined above has notin 2 do feminism. They're already criminal acts as seen in ALL constitutions of d world. It does not take feminism 2 recognize their criminality. Pple who aint feminists do not advocate for perpetratn of such acts.

FYI d punishmt 4 rape in some countries is DEATH. In d not too distant past, some punishmts included d most horific tortures b4 d culprits r killd. Educate urself

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Educate Girls, Stop Building Mosques, Sanusi Tells Northerners / Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) / Fulani Herdsmen Aren’t Criminals —emir Of Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.