Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (770938 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by Agustephenogwo: 9:52pm On Sep 17, 2015
My People, is admission still going on for masters program in cyprus? i want to go for MSC IN Environmental Management or sciences.
Re: North Cyprus by lexycool01(m): 10:07pm On Sep 17, 2015
How many stop overs with qatar airline and hope the price and facility are normal
kcbentley:
holla beautiful ppl!!!! who is coming over to emu lets stay togeda...

@mr wip ur alomo is still inside my bag oooo ..u put me tru wahala customs for tear my yansh wit koboko......

@lexycool qatar airline nd its 1 way...
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 18, 2015
@everyone please, have been following this thread for some time now, I sent a message to the ELU, but I'm yet to receive reply, please can someone who knows someone there help me with the admission into 2015/2016, if it's open.

OP job well done
Re: North Cyprus by shegxxymyth11(m): 10:11pm On Sep 18, 2015
Got my visa few weeks ago! Thanks be to God and you all for your concerns and instructions! North Cyprus here i come cheesysmileywink

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Eureka123(f): 11:24pm On Sep 18, 2015
shegxxymyth11:
Got my visa few weeks ago! Thanks be to God and you all for your concerns and instructions! North Cyprus here i come cheesysmileywink

congratulations smiley
Re: North Cyprus by shegxxymyth11(m): 8:18am On Sep 19, 2015
According to what my fellow mate said regarding buying return ticket or one way, why is it a must to buy a return ticket when one won't be in naija for some years, the roundtrip ticket is currently cost and might cause a big delay, i hope the immigration people here wont stop me? As i am planning to purchase a one way ticket, are there any effects on this? Has anyone gone through one way without those immigration officers problem?

Kindly let us know please and i am very sure some people are botherd about this.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 19, 2015
shegxxymyth11:
According to what my fellow mate said regarding buying return ticket or one way, why is it a must to buy a return ticket when one won't be in naija for some years, the roundtrip ticket is currently cost and might cause a big delay, i hope the immigration people here wont stop me? As i am planning to purchase a one way ticket, are there any effects on this? Has anyone gone through one way without those immigration officers problem?

Kindly let us know please and i am very sure some people are botherd about this.
You can still buy the return ticket and sell it when you get to Cyprus.
Re: North Cyprus by shegxxymyth11(m): 10:08am On Sep 19, 2015
@ fados4sure how do you know it can be sold when i get to North Cyprus? What if i cant find a buyer? Does it means my money is wasted?
Re: North Cyprus by shegxxymyth11(m): 10:14am On Sep 19, 2015
Just write them on their assigned facebook page, they are always online and they will get back to you as soon as possible, that was how i did mine and it work out for me.
Goodluck
Re: North Cyprus by shegxxymyth11(m): 10:17am On Sep 19, 2015
mrtopeqs:
@everyone please, have been following this thread for some time now, I sent a message to the ELU, but I'm yet to receive reply, please can someone who knows someone there help me with the admission into 2015/2016, if it's open.

OP job well done

Just write them on their assigned
facebook page, they are always online and they will get back to you as soon as possible, that was how i did mine and it work out for me.
Goodluck
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 10:50am On Sep 19, 2015
shegxxymyth11:
@ fados4sure how do you know it can be sold when i get to North Cyprus? What if i cant find a buyer? Does it means my money is wasted?
You can request for refund from the airline company when you get to Cyprus.
If you book the ticket yourself from the airline directly,the money will be return to you but if you booked it via an agent then the money will be returned to the agent.so you better let the agent know of your plans because at Times agents will tell u stories not to give you the money back or maybe claimed the airline did not return the amount they told you.

Note this information is for Turkish airlines only,I don't know about other airlines or if they have office in Cyprus.
Re: North Cyprus by Eureka123(f): 11:03am On Sep 19, 2015
fados4sure:

You can still buy the return ticket and sell it when you get to Cyprus.

My return ticket never got refunded, and I wasn't allowed to sell.
Re: North Cyprus by Eureka123(f): 11:05am On Sep 19, 2015
penroll55:

You can request for refund from the airline company when you get to Cyprus.
If you book the ticket yourself from the airline directly,the money will be return to you but if you booked it via an agent then the money will be returned to the agent.so you better let the agent know of your plans because at Times agents will tell u stories not to give you the money back or maybe claimed the airline did not return the amount they told you.

Note this information is for Turkish airlines only,I don't know about other airlines or if they have office in Cyprus.

I never got my refund from Turkish Airlines.
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 11:30am On Sep 19, 2015
Eureka123:

I never got my refund from Turkish Airlines.
If you went to their office and requested for the returned ticket to be cancelled and request for refund they will refund to the account number you provided in Nigeria.
This is from my experience and others that have told and did it as instructed.
If I may ask,did you go to their office in lefkosia requesting for refund?,did you book the flight yourself or via agent?
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 19, 2015
shegxxymyth11:
lol! That was how i did mine when i was schooling in Cyprus...
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 19, 2015
Eureka123:

My return ticket never got refunded, and I wasn't allowed to sell.
It because you booked a non refundable ticket... In 2013, i did my MSC in CIU and i sold mine for #75,000 even though i bought the both ticket for $1600
Re: North Cyprus by shegxxymyth11(m): 2:37pm On Sep 19, 2015
So i shouldn't book the one way trip?
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 3:41pm On Sep 19, 2015
shegxxymyth11:
So i shouldn't book the one way trip?
Like wip explain earlier,u won't have problem in Cyprus or turkey airport or other countries airport but in Nigeria you have a high chance of having issue with those criminal immigration officers expecially when you are a first time traveller....
Re: North Cyprus by Eureka123(f): 10:43pm On Sep 19, 2015
penroll55:

If you went to their office and requested for the returned ticket to be cancelled and request for refund they will refund to the account number you provided in Nigeria.
This is from my experience and others that have told and did it as instructed.
If I may ask,did you go to their office in lefkosia requesting for refund?,did you book the flight yourself or via agent?

It's a long story. grin grin
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 6:09am On Sep 20, 2015
Eureka123:

It's a long story. grin grin
Then the fault was yours because you didn't follow the due process...anyhow it's story now but just to inform others it's possible to get a refund.
Re: North Cyprus by shegxxymyth11(m): 9:07am On Sep 20, 2015
Atleast, someone bought the one way ticket here with emirate airline, i am not the first person and i am not the only one here going to North Cyprus, and i dont know why they wont say anything about it, maybe they can afford the roundtrip.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 20, 2015
shegxxymyth11:

Just write them on their assigned
facebook page, they are always online and they will get back to you as soon as possible, that was how i did mine and it work out for me.
Goodluck

thanks man, I sent them a mail and they've replied me.

thanks so much
Re: North Cyprus by davidgreener: 10:21am On Sep 20, 2015
shegxxymyth11:
Atleast, someone bought the one way ticket here with emirate airline, i am not the first person and i am not the only one here going to North Cyprus, and i dont know why they wont say anything about it, maybe they can afford the roundtrip.

I have got no plans to pay for 'roundtrip'.. I would use Turkish, one way.. Its nt stated anywhere in th immigration rules n reg that it must be 'roundtrip'.. Its only the airlines that hv their own policies..e.g, I heard Egypt airlines only allows 'roundtrip' dnt knw how true it is shaa.. So go ahead with ur plans.
Re: North Cyprus by shegxxymyth11(m): 11:43am On Sep 20, 2015
mrtopeqs:

thanks man, I sent them a mail and they've replied me.

thanks so much
You are welcome
Re: North Cyprus by shegxxymyth11(m): 4:07pm On Sep 20, 2015
davidgreener:

I have got no plans to pay for 'roundtrip'.. I would use Turkish, one way.. Its nt stated anywhere in th immigration rules n reg that it must be 'roundtrip'.. Its only the airlines that hv their own policies..e.g, I heard Egypt airlines only allows 'roundtrip' dnt knw how true it is shaa.. So go ahead with ur plans.
same here bro, i have got no plans to pay for any roundtrip too, those immigration officers will definately request for some bribe, which is well know as "Egunje" i am not giving them a dime.
Re: North Cyprus by shegxxymyth11(m): 4:22pm On Sep 20, 2015
kcbentley:
holla beautiful ppl!!!! who is coming over to emu lets stay togeda...

@mr wip ur alomo is still inside my bag oooo ..u put me tru wahala customs for tear my yansh wit koboko......

@lexycool qatar airline nd its 1 way...
@ kcbentley, are you a first time traveller to North cyprus? I was wondering how you get to book one way ticket without those immigration officers problem.
Re: North Cyprus by davidgreener: 7:23pm On Sep 20, 2015
shegxxymyth11:

same here bro, i have got no plans to pay for any roundtrip too, those immigration officers will definately request for some bribe, which is well know as "Egunje" i am not giving them a dime.

All d'best bro..
Re: North Cyprus by kcbentley: 8:00pm On Sep 20, 2015
shegxxymyth11:

@ kcbentley, are you a first time traveller to North cyprus? I was wondering how you get to book one way ticket without those immigration officers problem.

@shegxxymyth11
my first time and i no give dem any shi shi , i para for dem say na sch i dey go nd dem free me bro so no shake @al shey na dem buy d ticket for u so bro ur free like a bird...
Re: North Cyprus by kcbentley: 8:02pm On Sep 20, 2015
lexycool01:
How many stop overs with qatar airline and hope the price and facility are normal

@lexycool
qatar,ist den straight to ercan .......yeah its cool.
Re: North Cyprus by Eureka123(f): 8:54pm On Sep 20, 2015
penroll55:

Then the fault was yours because you didn't follow the due process...anyhow it's story now but just to inform others it's possible to get a refund.

It's really a long story. Until it's told, you wouldn't understand.
Re: North Cyprus by daway: 9:13pm On Sep 20, 2015
Straight to ercan? Are u sure?
kcbentley:

@lexycool
Re: North Cyprus by lexycool01(m): 9:28pm On Sep 20, 2015
@kcbentley how many dolars did it go for

kcbentley:

@lexycool

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.