Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,855 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (279) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (767779 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by Sirmayor101: 11:02am On Aug 17, 2017
Please can someone still make it to the 2017 fall intake if he apply now and what's the age limit for postgraduate? [quite author=marksmart22 post=59556122]

I am coming there soon..
Remember how wip2 helped that year.. So you should to help us too.. But be wise sha because at the end of the day..some Nigerians can be ungrateful..

@wip2
How u dey.. Pls give me ur email.. Thanks.. I wanna discuss something with you [/quote]
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:14pm On Aug 17, 2017
marksmart22:

I am coming there soon..
Remember how wip2 helped that year.. So you should to help us too.. But be wise sha because at the end of the day..some Nigerians can be ungrateful..

@wip2
How u dey.. Pls give me ur email.. Thanks.. I wanna discuss something with you

My email can be found in the signature of each Message I write here
Re: North Cyprus by SEUNOKIKI: 5:41pm On Aug 17, 2017
wip7:

My email can be found in the signature of each Message I write here

Good day Sir,

Thanks a lot for your tremendous effort in assisting career here. Please I need your advice regarding admission for Master. I have my Bsc in accounting here in Nigeria (Unilag) and want to futher my study and as well work.

I found the course in the link below intersting and in line with my career. Please assist with your professional advice on :

1) Aplication procedure
2) Travelling and accommodation
3) Job oppounities

http://www.nup.ac.cy/courses/master-of-banking-investment-and-finance/

Please see my email: emmaseun87@yahoo.com
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:25pm On Aug 17, 2017
SEUNOKIKI:

Good day Sir,

I found the course in the link below intersting and in line with my career. Please assist with your professional advice on :

1) Aplication procedure
2) Travelling and accommodation
3) Job oppounities

http://www.nup.ac.cy

Hello,

The university is located Paphos in South Cyprus.

1. Application procedure and form is located on the university website.

2. You can request more information from the university via the link provided "to request more information" regarding accommodation and travel.

3. Jobs are scarce, students are advised to have full year fees and accommodation. You may however find casual jobs while studying.
Re: North Cyprus by marksmart22: 7:16am On Aug 18, 2017
wip7:

Hello,

The university is located Paphos in South Cyprus.

1. Application procedure and form is located on the university website.

2. You can request more information from the university via the link provided "to request more information" regarding accommodation and travel.

3. Jobs are scarce, students are advised to have full year fees and accommodation. You may however find casual jobs while studying.

I have sent u an email Pls acknowledge you received it and also send me a reply
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 12:44pm On Aug 18, 2017
Summer holidays are over for me.. back to work..
URGENT NOTICE****
prospective students coming to North cyprus..
Note that the embassy will no longer honor the visa appointment date on the website.. updated information state that if you have paid your tuition fee deposit and have filled the pre-visa form online, just go to the embassy with required document for visa on the 22nd and 24th of August.. that is when the embassy will attend to you. If you have not made payments yet.. pay as soon as possible and be there on those dates..
Re: North Cyprus by Trippeji(m): 1:38pm On Aug 18, 2017
Gooday Mr WAP...I sent you a mail . sir,kindly check it and reply me Sir.
It is urgent
Re: North Cyprus by tcitachi: 4:05pm On Aug 18, 2017
godsong:
Summer holidays are over for me.. back to work..
URGENT NOTICE****
prospective students coming to North cyprus..
Note that the embassy will no longer honor the visa appointment date on the website.. updated information state that if you have paid your tuition fee deposit and have filled the pre-visa form online, just go to the embassy with required document for visa on the 22nd and 24th of August.. that is when the embassy will attend to you. If you have not made payments yet.. pay as soon as possible and be there on those dates..

What of people that have done their interviews before schools sent their names to d embassy ?
Bcoz some students did interviews and checked for their name but it was not with d embassy bckz at that time their names have not gotten to d embassy and they Ve paid their tuition and all their diccuments re intact
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 7:13pm On Aug 18, 2017
tcitachi:

What of people that have done their interviews before schools sent their names to d embassy ?
Bcoz some students did interviews and checked for their name but it was not with d embassy bckz at that time their names have not gotten to d embassy and they Ve paid their tuition and all their diccuments re intact
go on that date mentioned above .. The embassy should attended to you.
Re: North Cyprus by tcitachi: 8:59pm On Aug 18, 2017
godsong:
go on that date mentioned above .. The embassy should attended to you.
Should or will?
This whole tin self is confusing

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 11:24pm On Aug 18, 2017
tcitachi:

Should or will?
This whole tin self is confusing
you do not need a visa appointment date to be there .. so I suggest you go..
Re: North Cyprus by marksmart22: 6:28am On Aug 19, 2017
Abeg let know those going to NC this year pls... It is gonna help us so we can be in communication..
I have been reading from posts of this section from day 1(2010) ... I have seen the cordination of the previous applicants here..
The likes of isz2much, yemming, sithanda, busbasky, and lot of them..
Although of recent they don forget us..
But me go like quickly remind them say they were once like us.. When @wip was putting them thru..
Make they come out also and give tips to us prospective students too.. @wip has been trying since 2010 about 17 years after.. I really admire ur good heart sir..

As for me I am a prospective student for ciu..
Has, anybody recently gotten Visa ??
Share ur experience here thanks

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by marksmart22: 6:26pm On Aug 20, 2017
What happening here?
Nobody going to cyprus this year? shocked shocked
Re: North Cyprus by maestrojay(m): 11:25pm On Aug 20, 2017
marksmart22:
What happening here?
Nobody going to cyprus this year? shocked shocked

We dey here bros, we just dey boot...
Re: North Cyprus by marksmart22: 10:58am On Aug 21, 2017
maestrojay:

We dey here bros, we just dey boot...

Are you at north cyprus or Nigeria??
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:24am On Aug 21, 2017
TURKISH EMBASSY ABUJA ANNOUNCEMENT

Dear applicants,

We have received the following message from the Turkish Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria.

“Since our automated system is assigning visa interview appointments after the beginning of the academic year, in order to assist the timely visa processing we will conduct visa interviews without appointments on 22 August Tuesday and 24 August Thursday.

Those candidates who have received admissions from the universities in Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus should be informed to go to the embassy on these dates.

The interviews will be without appointment and candidates we will use "first come first served" principle.

Turkish Embassy in Abuja”
Re: North Cyprus by Eraytee: 11:28am On Aug 21, 2017
do we have anyone waiting for admission from CIU for either M.Sc or PhD?
Re: North Cyprus by Mazicash: 1:13pm On Aug 21, 2017
Good day.... Please I want to apply to EMU for a master's degree in industrial engineering. I have all the necessary documents ready. Can I still make it for the Sept /Oct intake?
Thank you.
Re: North Cyprus by Deo8i(m): 2:38pm On Aug 21, 2017
wip7:
TURKISH EMBASSY ABUJA ANNOUNCEMENT

Dear applicants,

We have received the following message from the Turkish Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria.

“Since our automated system is assigning visa interview appointments after the beginning of the academic year, in order to assist the timely visa processing we will conduct visa interviews without appointments on 22 August Tuesday and 24 August Thursday.

Those candidates who have received admissions from the universities in Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus should be informed to go to the embassy on these dates.

The interviews will be without appointment and candidates we will use "first come first served" principle.

Turkish Embassy in Abuja”

[left][/left]

I did my visa interview since July 19, and since then I have been waiting for Near East University to send list, I contacted the University and they said they have sent the list with a proof to my mail, I went to the Embassy and I was told they haven't gotten the list after I showed them the proof that the school sent to me they said it's not that one they are waiting for. I called the Embassy again last week and they assured me that they'll call me soon once they get the list.
I'm honestly tired of waiting oh, I guess I'll just go on the 24th.
Please if you are also a prospective student of Near East University, and you've got updates abeg share oh! Or infact let's go to the Embassy together on the 24th
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:02pm On Aug 21, 2017
Deo8i:
[left][/left]

I did my visa interview since July 19, and since then I have been waiting for Near East University to send list, I contacted the University and they said they have sent the list with a proof to my mail, I went to the Embassy and I was told they haven't gotten the list after I showed them the proof that the school sent to me they said it's not that one they are waiting for. I called the Embassy again last week and they assured me that they'll call me soon once they get the list.
I'm honestly tired of waiting oh, I guess I'll just go on the 24th.
Please if you are also a prospective student of Near East University, and you've got updates abeg share oh! Or infact let's go to the Embassy together on the 24th

Kindly go to the embassy on the said dates. As I mentioned in my earlier posts, embassy doesn't wait for list directly from the university. List of students comes from the embassy in TRNC via EMBASSY in Turkey.

During those dates, the embassy will directly verify students from the recently opened channel with the uni to fast track the visa specifically for TRNC prospective students.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:03pm On Aug 21, 2017
Mazicash:
Good day.... Please I want to apply to EMU for a master's degree in industrial engineering. I have all the necessary documents ready. Can I still make it for the Sept /Oct intake?
Thank you.

What is your CGPA and do you have cash ready? if yes then you can get admitted.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:07pm On Aug 21, 2017
CIU admission for master students, EMU Ph.D. and METU master applicants.

After rough and long negotiations with the CIU, got additional 10 admission letters from them today..so slow angry angry.

EMU so fast and METU extremely fast. Please, I have sent admission letters to your email addresses. Any applicants I secured admission for can send me telex so I can fast track the release of the UAL or confirmation letters.
Re: North Cyprus by Mazicash: 4:21pm On Aug 21, 2017
My CGPA is 2.42, and yes I have the cash ready.
Re: North Cyprus by Eraytee: 4:27pm On Aug 21, 2017
wip7:
CIU admission for master students, EMU Ph.D. and METU master applicants.

After rough and long negotiations with the CIU, got additional 10 admission letters from them today..so slow angry angry.

EMU so fast and METU extremely fast. Please, I have sent admission letters to your email addresses. Any applicants I secured admission for can send me telex so I can fast track the release of the UAL or confirmation letters.

weldone sir, CIU should answer PhD students for God sake, the waiting is killing.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:30pm On Aug 21, 2017
Mazicash:
My CGPA is 2.42, and yes I have the cash ready.
Unfortunately EMU won't admit you based on the CGPA.

CIU Will admit you 100% but the CIU admission processing is Managed by ghosts that you will need to fight with Heculean sword before the admission can be processed.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:32pm On Aug 21, 2017
Eraytee:

weldone sir, CIU should answer PhD students for God sake, the waiting is killing.

It's kind of war..just very slow and I don't care attitude...they asked me to come again ..hoping to get some phd offers soon.
Re: North Cyprus by Eraytee: 4:33pm On Aug 21, 2017
wip7:

Unfortunately EMU won't admit you based on the CGPA.

CIU Will admit you 100% but the CIU admission processing is Managed by ghosts that you will need to fight with Heculean sword before the admission can be processed.

grin grin grin I love this, and for real they should be considerate about visa processing for incoming students especially this rush hour.... am supposed to be in ABJ now if CIU had given admission all dis while.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Eraytee: 4:36pm On Aug 21, 2017
wip7:

It's kind of war..just very slow and I don't care attitude...they asked me to come again ..hoping to get some phd offers soon.
ok that wud b so good, I pray it happens this week.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:09pm On Aug 21, 2017
Applicants should be aware of Exorbitant and Flaming lies of Recruitment agents

University approved recruitment agents are those approved by the university to recruit students for the said university. This is basically contract-based agreement and designed to make application, counseling and guiding the applicant's lot easier.

However, the agents have turned to YAHOO YAHOO business by excessively milking the applicants to their bone marrows. Some of these agents tend to lure the applicants by providing false information to the applicants such as distorting the tuition fees, recruitment conditions etc.

I have received so many messages on how the agents have manufactured figures just to deceive unaware applicants. It's really sad cos if the applicants can pay the service charge levied by the agent...then there is no need to deceive the applicant again.

Below is the message sent from an agent to one of the recent victims also from Nairaland:

"Currently, The school offers 50% scholarships

Hence tuition for undergraduate is 3100€ and For masters it's 2326€ and they accept installment too.
The good news is that the school also accept installment payment, therefore, for admission one need a total of 2300€ which includes application, tuition part payment, embassy documentation and visa, also our service charge. The break down of the 2300€ goes thus:
Application fee 50€,embassy documentation 500€, tuition deposit 1000€, visa fee 250€ then our service charge is 500€ only paid after visa is issued."

From the message above, the agent either purposely lied to the victim regarding the Master program tuition fee in CIU or lacks knowledge of the master program fee (too bad).

1. At CIUcurrently: per graduate course is 350 € and without deficiency courses, students are expected to undertake 7 courses plus a thesis (1050 €). The registration, insurance, and other fees is 295 €. Total master program fee in CIU is 350x7 +1050 +295 + VAT= 3795 €+ VAT

2. Visa fee currently at Turkish Embassy Abuja is 250 USD, not 250 €.

3. CIU does not charge application fee

4. Embassy documentation of 500€ is deadly. Nothing like embassy documentation since applicants would be providing the required documents at the embassy unless the documents the agent would provide would be fabricated.

5. A service charge of 500 € in this economic recession is enormous as per exchange rate.

Am just here to alert the applicants to also do more research before falling fully into a coma. This victim already paid most of these charges and this thread just opened the eyes.

I got a message just this morning from a lady of 37 years, She said the agent promised to get her undergraduate admission in TRNC provided she pays the required fees. The legal age limit for undergraduate in TRNC is 25 years...which means this agent will forge or distort the applicant age.

Unfortunately, the said applicant sounds very interested and care-less about beign rejected visa, or the nemesis after some years.

3 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by Eraytee: 9:42pm On Aug 21, 2017
I must say a very big thanks on behalf of every new bies, the statement above is key, we all need to be smart about life, seek advice from people before you arrive at a conclusion. I ask a lot of questions personally, sometimes It looks stupid but so helpful to me. @SirWip7 you have been a good person and so helpful with useful information both on this forum and off this forum to me. I'll always tell people ask your questions from the source. God bless you smiley

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:44pm On Aug 21, 2017
Eraytee:
I must say a very big thanks on behalf of every new bies, the statement above is key, we all need to be smart about life, seek advice from people before you arrive at a conclusion. I ask a lot of questions personally, sometimes It looks stupid but so helpful to me. @SirWip7 you have been a good person and so helpful with useful information both on this forum and off this forum to me. I'll always tell people ask your questions from the source. God bless you smiley

Thanks boss..we just gonna say it to avoid stories that touches the kidney grin grin

2 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by Mazicash: 1:35pm On Aug 22, 2017
Please who is in charge of masters admission in CIU? I need help!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.