Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,805 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:44 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (302) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (768441 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by deejay102: 10:45am On Aug 22, 2018
veifiedceejay:
Please I want to Book my flight to North Cyprus for the first time and I’m hearing that I have to book flight with return ticket and can only fly with turkish airline, please is this information true and would I really need to book a ticket with return date ? Please house I need urgent reply.

Both speculations are false. You can book a one way ticket and can also fly other airlines like Egypt air, Qatar airways etc as long as you hold an unconditional letter because they will ask for it at almost every point especially at MMIA and Ercan. The advantage of flying Turkish air is that you fly directly to Turkey from Lagos and to Ercan. In less than 9hrs flying time you are here while other airlines will first take you to their country before connecting to Ercan(North Cyprus) and are generally cheaper but longer.
Re: North Cyprus by veifiedceejay(m): 11:23am On Aug 22, 2018
Thanks Bro for the reply But I have some questions
The return ticket is not compulsory ? Does that mean that I can book Turkish airline one way ticket? And About other airlines please what is the unconditional letter.

deejay102:

Both speculations are false. You can book a one way ticket and can also fly other airlines like Egypt air, Qatar airways etc as long as you hold an unconditional letter because they will ask for it at almost every point especially at MMIA and Ercan. The advantage of flying Turkish air is that you fly directly to Turkey from Lagos and to Ercan. In less than 9hrs flying time you are here while other airlines will first take you to their country before connecting to Ercan(North Cyprus) and are generally cheaper but longer.

Re: North Cyprus by S88E: 6:04pm On Aug 22, 2018
wip7:
Interested in studying Gastronomy and Culinary Arts?

At CSU, we are offering 60% scholarship for all international students. Undergraduate - $2600 per year and master is $2175 entire program.

Contact WIP7, admission is offered within 24 hrs, University representative will be at the embassy on August 10 to assist our students with visa.

Please take note, I am a Professor at CSU and specifically am the head of the Faculty of Engineering at CSU..you can always ask me questions.
Hello sir I am interested in the master program but can this fee be paid in instalment
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:28am On Aug 23, 2018
S88E:
Hello sir I am interested in the master program but can this fee be paid in instalment

Total master program is 2175usd. After admission is issued you MUST pay 1175usd before your name can be sent to the embassy. The remaining 1000usd can be paid installment after arrival.
Re: North Cyprus by Lanre12388: 1:05am On Aug 23, 2018
wip7:

Total master program is 2175usd. After admission is issued you MUST pay 1175usd before your name can be sent to the embassy. The remaining 1000usd can be paid installment after arrival.

Is this the total amount to be paid yearly or throughout the duration of the program
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:40am On Aug 23, 2018
Lanre12388:

Is this the total amount to be paid yearly or throughout the duration of the program

Total means entire amount to be paid to finish the program
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:19pm On Aug 27, 2018
Update from Turkish embassy Abuja

News reached me that the volume of students at the Turkish embassy since last week is growing at an alarming rate and as of today (27th August 2018) over 300 applicants were at the embassy.

Hence, it is suggested that prospective visa applicants should kindly book an appointment asap.

Best wishes!
Re: North Cyprus by nonyowen: 12:44pm On Aug 27, 2018
Hello guys, I just stumbled on this thread. I would like my lil sister to go for undergraduate nursing in NC i saw EMU or CSU which would you recommend?
Pls when is the next application period, how long is the nursing undergraduate programmes, shes 20 is she qaulified for any of the scholarship?
If possible I would send her documents immediately she wrote and passed IELTS is there anything else I can do ?
kindly respond soon thank you.
wip7:

News reached me that the volume of students at the Turkish embassy since last week is growing at an alarming rate and as of today (27th August 2018) over 300 applicants were at the embassy.

Hence, it is suggested that prospective visa applicants should kindly book an appointment asap.

Best wishes!
Re: North Cyprus by slow4show1: 5:56pm On Aug 27, 2018
wip7:

Best wishes!

they are just being lazy... have never seen ppl with this kind of lackadaisical attitude towards work.... after wasting money and time in abj plus sleepless night they are now saying we should book for appointment and the funniest part is the available dates as @ today are 1,3,5 of October... it does not make any sense... its a sorry situation
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:26pm On Aug 27, 2018
nonyowen:
Hello guys, I just stumbled on this thread. I would like my lil sister to go for undergraduate nursing in NC i saw EMU or CSU which would you recommend?
Pls when is the next application period, how long is the nursing undergraduate programmes, shes 20 is she qaulified for any of the scholarship?
If possible I would send her documents immediately she wrote and passed IELTS is there anything else I can do ?
kindly respond soon thank you.

First your sister can be admitted to either CSU or EMU both universities are accredited and recognized by the necessary ministries in Turkey and Cyprus. Specifically the Nursing of CSU received accreditation from Germany Nursing accreditation board in 2016.

EMU is the largest and oldest state University in North Cyprus while CSU is relatively new and privately owned by well-established University in Turkey.

CSU Nursing is 2600USD per year inclusive of 60% scholarship while EMU is 7400USD per year inclusive of 50% scholarship.

For Admission, send me Olevel result, scratch card to check the result and international passport page. TOEFL/IELTS is not needed.

You can choose any of the university and can read more on them. All fees above excludes living expenses, both university have partnership with state hospitals for clinical training!
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:28pm On Aug 27, 2018
slow4show1:

they are just being lazy... have never seen ppl with this kind of lackadaisical attitude towards work.... after wasting money and time in abj plus sleepless night they are now saying we should book for appointment and the funniest part is the available dates as @ today are 1,3,5 of October... it does not make any sense... its a sorry situation

Sorry sir...try to see if you can book appointment asap.
Best wishes
Re: North Cyprus by jidoex66(m): 7:00pm On Aug 27, 2018
slow4show1:

Just book the appointment and go with it on appointment date, the date still doesn’t matter
Re: North Cyprus by prittygift114: 7:08pm On Aug 27, 2018
[quote author=wip7 post=70662169]

First your sister can be admitted to either CSU or EMU both universities are accredited and recognized by the necessary ministries in Turkey and Cyprus. Specifically the Nursing of CSU received accreditation from Germany Nursing accreditation board in 2016.

EMU is the largest and oldest state University in North Cyprus while CSU is relatively new and privately owned by well-established University in Turkey.

CSU Nursing is 2600USD per year inclusive of 60% scholarship while EMU is 7400USD per year inclusive of 50% scholarship.

For Admission, send me Olevel result, scratch card to check the result and international passport page. TOEFL/IELTS is not needed.

How many yrs is the Nursing program?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:36pm On Aug 27, 2018
prittygift114:
How many yrs is the Nursing program?

All undergraduate programs in Cyprus is 4years.
Re: North Cyprus by nonyowen: 10:37pm On Aug 27, 2018
Ok thank you for the swift response plsease how do i send you those documents? i will go with CSU since its cheaper. Whats the duration of this program and what academic session will she be applying for at this time thank you once again quote author=wip7 post=70662169]

You can choose any of the university and can read more on them. All fees above excludes living expenses, both university have partnership with state hospitals for clinical training![/quote]
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:56am On Aug 28, 2018
nonyowen:
Ok thank you for the swift response plsease how do i send you those documents? i will go with CSU since its cheaper. Whats the duration of this program and what academic session will she be applying for at this time thank you once again

My email address is in my profile. Kindly send to the email. All undergraduate in Cyprus is 4years and Cyprus has two major entry sessions yearly (Sept: FAll and Feb: Spring).
Re: North Cyprus by nonyowen: 11:15am On Aug 28, 2018
Ok will send it soon thank you so much.
wip7:

My email address is in my profile. Kindly send to the email. All undergraduate in Cyprus is 4years and Cyprus has two major entry sessions yearly (Sept: FAll and Feb: Spring).
Re: North Cyprus by prittygift114: 1:44pm On Aug 28, 2018
wip7:

All undergraduate programs in Cyprus is 4years.

Tnx
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 2:27pm On Aug 28, 2018
Update for the Prospective students of Cyprus Science University

Based on the feedback from the Turkish embassy in Nigeria, Cameroon, Kenya and Congo; 100% of the CSU students that were interviewed for student visas have been issued the visas.

Hence, we would like to follow up with Airport pick-up services, accommodation and welcome party... pls follow the instructors in the attached leaflet.

Kindly copy WIP7 for your airport pick-up!

Re: North Cyprus by abbasajao(m): 2:35pm On Aug 28, 2018
Amigoz:
Anyone travelled, lived or live in North Cyprus. . .better still currently studying ?

A friend of mine is looking into studying @ Cyprus International University

If you have any useful or helpful advice, or information as to life in and on campus,
I know a company who is their representative in Nigeria and have process many admissions and visa to CIU and cyprus respectively.

please share.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:44pm On Aug 28, 2018
Programs offered at Cyprus Science University

Students are awarded 60% scholarship making per year tuition for an undergraduate program 2600USD and master entire fee is 2175USD. All the programs are accredited by Turkish and Cyprus Ministry of Education, UK NARICT and German ASIIN. To apply just contact WIP7!

Take note: Admission, scholarship and visa support are FREE of COST!

Note:
For all prospective students of Faculty of Engineering, As an Adjunct Professor in Canadian University and current head of CSU faculty of Engineering, you will be working with me on research related to battery fabrication, supercapacitor, waste management, renewable energy, material recovery, wastewater treatment, solar air heater fabrication, material fabrication, application of advanced machine learning to energy, biomedical and neural computing. This will give you opportunity to spend at least 1 semester of research in Canada under my supervision.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:10pm On Aug 28, 2018
My latest Research on SOLAR AIR HEATER (SAH)

What is SAH?: Solar air heater is a solar thermal technology in which the renewable energy from the sun is captured by an absorbing medium and used to heat or condition air for buildings or process heat applications. SAH is typically the most cost-effective solar technology, especially in commercial, residential and industrial applications. See pictures below for some of SAH.

The Research: Here, we fabricated a double pass perforated glazed SAH packed with iron wools and mesh layers as shown in the Figure below and experimentally investigated the heat output and exergy efficiency. We applied Taguchi and trained Artificial neural network to optimize both the controllable and uncontrollable parameters during and after the fabrication.

Cost analysis: We carried out cost analysis for the heat gained and fabrication. Considering a mass flow rate of 0.033 kg/s, the cost of useful kW gained was calculated as 1743.5 kW/year and cost of fabrication was 68.5USD.

Publication: Work is submitted to International Journal of Green energy and recently accepted for publication.

2 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by jidoex66(m): 5:19pm On Aug 28, 2018
[quote author=abbasajao post=70687577][/quote]
Re: North Cyprus by Kj40: 9:55pm On Aug 28, 2018
Mr wip, help us talk to the CSU management to speed up the accreditation of some engineering courses or offer more courses(related to engineering) at the master level.

wip7:

Students are awarded 60% scholarship making per year tuition for an undergraduate program 2600USD and master entire fee is 2175USD. All the programs are accredited by Turkish and Cyprus Ministry of Education, UK NARICT and German ASIIN. To apply just contact WIP7!

Note:
For all prospective students of Faculty of Engineering, As an Adjunct Professor in Canadian University and current head of CSU faculty of Engineering, you will be working with me on research related to battery fabrication, supercapacitor, waste management, renewable energy, material recovery, wastewater treatment, solar air heater fabrication, material fabrication, application of advanced machine learning to energy, biomedical and neural computing. This will give you opportunity to spend at least 1 semester of research in Canada under my supervision.
Re: North Cyprus by nonyowen: 10:19pm On Aug 28, 2018
Hello sir, I have sent you the documents
wip7:

Note: .[/color]
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:37pm On Aug 28, 2018
Kj40:
Mr wip, help us talk to the CSU management to speed up the accreditation of some engineering courses or offer more courses(related to engineering) at the master level.

Thanks for the heads up. Currently, there ongoing construction at both mini and main campuses of CSU to allow expansion of more programs. Specifically, intends to focus on health related, engineering and allied science programs in the shortest time. As a a growing new University, the management set to obtain accreditation from known bodies before opening any of the program. However, each accreditation organization has different procedure and varying waiting times

Specifically, the CSU had applied to MUDEK (Association for Evaluation and Accreditation of Engineering Programs in Turkey) and ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, USA). These bodies gave certain conditiions like ensuring the CSU curriculum fits to both European and American education, newer equipments and high-profile instructos among many others. Hence, CSU is working on some and some already completed. Shortly, more programs would be opened.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:41pm On Aug 28, 2018
nonyowen:
Hello sir, I have sent you the documents

Kindly check your email. The admission letter has been issued.
Re: North Cyprus by Saswizzy2: 3:34am On Aug 31, 2018
Please do any body know anyone inside the Turkish embassy in Abuja cause am really tired of the stress and if anyone can book me an appointment with a closer date cause my school resume 11 of September
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:59am On Aug 31, 2018
Saswizzy2:
Please do any body know anyone inside the Turkish embassy in Abuja cause am really tired of the stress and if anyone can book me an appointment with a closer date cause my school resume 11 of September

Hello,

There is an update with the Turkish embassy, kindly go to the embassy on the following dates ...no need appointment. The embassy is just released that. Check below:

Re: North Cyprus by Jayboi007: 12:47pm On Aug 31, 2018
To every African student please follow the link, because North Cyprus is a scam. Please do not listen to any Agent it all lies.

https://www.facebook.com/100000552736901/posts/2275158905845845/
Re: North Cyprus by Jayboi007: 1:11pm On Aug 31, 2018
FRIDAY, AUGUST 31, 2018
EMU student deported without justification

A student of the Eastern Mediterranean University has been deported without justification despite having a valid resident permit.

According to report reaching us, the student who was arrested and detained over an issue with a female student of the university was granted bail from detention by a Famagusta court after perfecting his bail but instead of being released, he was again arrested on orders allegedly from the university authorities.

He was then taken to an underground prison in Iskele where he was kept and beaten for several days. He was told to sign a document written in Turkish, a document he had no idea of it's content.

According to the report, he refused to sign the document which led to more beating. His signature was then forged on the document while his name was wrongly spelt on it.

One night, some security operatives came to the prison and masked him, took him to the airport, and booked a flight for him back to Nigeria.

He was deported with nothing even when he had a valid resident permit, and his studentship revoked, said the report

(1) (2) (3) ... (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.