Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,717 members, 7,837,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

30 Things Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 30 Things Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives (35977 Views)

7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding / Why Nigerian Husbands Kill Wives In US –investigation / Name 5 Things Nigerian Wives Want And Expect From their Husbands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30 Things Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by Greedgod: 3:29pm On Dec 12, 2016
Captainbells:

Yeah you can kindly Fvck off now!!
Why should a man tell a woman to tidy the house? Home training 101??
Does that even make sense?
All I'm saying is that OP do not need to list all these basic things that even a seven year old can fathom!!
You lots expect the most from women but bring trashy sense of entitlement into marriage??
Expecting heaven and earth while you can't even provide sand!
Crixina:
Na only 30, e suppose reach like 1000 or more

31. Don't breathe again, just die.
abike12:
OP please speak for yourself. Not every Nigerian man is a sexist egotistic selfish arrogant man. Thanks
Crixina:
Na only 30, e suppose reach like 1000 or more

31. Don't breathe again, just die.
how do you girl(s) sleep at night with such venom . May the Good Lord give u houseboy as husband .

1 Like

Re: 30 Things Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by Greedgod: 3:33pm On Dec 12, 2016
Pavore9:

Asante sana! cheesy
hws kenya ? If pavore is synonymous to dangote in kenya then bros show us the light
Re: 30 Things Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by abike12(f): 3:36pm On Dec 12, 2016
Greedgod:

how do you girl(s) sleep at night with such venom . May the Good Lord give u houseboy as husband .

lol. u took time out of your day to quote like 5 of us. I hope you find some help for your anger. Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: 30 Things Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by Pavore9: 3:44pm On Dec 12, 2016
Greedgod:

hws kenya ? If pavore is synonymous to dangote in kenya then bros show us the light

Light full Nigeria nah! grin

For Nigerians to enter Kenya now na try and luck! As dem no say most are coming to hustle, Kenyan immigration dey deport many back to Nigeria upon arrival. Recently a lot of them into Yahoo, Yahoo were thrown out but are scheming their way into coming back.

If one can stay legit and be under the radar, Kenya will be favourable but unfortunately most prefer to announce our presence.

1 Like

Re: 30 Things Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by nuelyoyo(m): 3:46pm On Dec 12, 2016
labakeJ:
Like seriously? wat kinda yeye list is this? sad You could've said we shouldn't talk to any guy once we're married...No 21 sef....mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
omolabake, omolabake, omolabake, how many times did I call you? Oya modify ya post ki'nto la oju mi.

1 Like

Re: 30 Things Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by Greedgod: 3:47pm On Dec 12, 2016
abike12:

lol. u took time out of your day to quote like 5 of us. I hope you find some help for your anger. Goodluck!
nice sense of humor u got . Propagate that and u'll make a good wife

1 Like

Re: 30 Things Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by Intrepid01(m): 3:50pm On Dec 12, 2016
HomeOfMe:
Orishirishi,wonders shall never end. You expect all these from your wife or your slave. Why don't you practice all that you've listed just for these months let's see if you can survive it. I am happily martire and both My husband have a shared responsibility to maintain our home. Get off your high borse whoever wrote this article.

Ooh rily....you guys share responsibilities? Well I can't say it is wrong....if men can't foot the bill 100pct, then they've got to share in the other responsibilities as well.

1 Like

Re: 30 Things Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by Obito555(m): 3:56pm On Dec 12, 2016
When we demand for get, dont give us too much stories
Re: 30 Things Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by missingribs: 4:10pm On Dec 12, 2016
Choiszman:
30 Things Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives:
1. Go and slim down. Do not let people take you for our mother when indeed you are our wife. We love to see you exercise and eat less.
2. Mind and control your tongue.
3. Keep the house clean.
4. Be hospitable, how you receive our friends and families matter to us. Make them feel welcome by coming out to greet them, serve them water if there is no drink.
5. Dress neatly and smart always, look good for us.
6. Do not disrespect us, we want to feel respected even with our imperfections, correct us with respect.
7. Treat us like a king, make us feel important and we shall treat you back as our queens.
8. Do not always claim right.
9. Be polite always.
10. Be quick to say "I am sorry".
11. Do not delay us when we have to go out together. Start getting ready well ahead of time and don't keep us waiting because we can be very impatient.
12. We don't like tension, make us smile and laugh around you and we will want to hang around.
13. We love good food, if you have to go to a catering school to make us eat well, please do.
14. We do not like nagging. When you make your request, believe in us to do it in our own time. No amount of nagging can change us.
15. Do not belittle or gossip us to anyone.
16. If there are issues that need be addressed, find a quiet time when we can talk, just the two of us not necessarily in the middle of the night when you're most likely going to disturb our sleep.
17. Do not prioritize others ahead of us, Make us your number one; Not the children, your friends, your family, your career, business, religion or anything around.
18. We love sex, do not withhold it. Never use it as a bargaining chip.
19. Be disciplined and wise in spending.
20. Be our friend and stop acting like our mom.
21. We can be jealous, do not get too close with the opposite sex on Social media. Seek our consent before accepting a male as Friend.
22. Do not paint us bad to the children, help them love and appreciate us.
23. Do not leave the home and children unattended.
24. Accept and relate well with our family members.
25. Assist us in paying the bills, if you earn well.
26. Do not try to pry too much by reading our mails and responding to messages meant for us without our consent.
Stop snooping and stalking us on Social media. Stop being suspicious of our female colleagues.Please stop acting like FBI,CIA or Mossad over our phones. They are our phones not yours.
27. Stop answering our calls without our permission.
28. Smile always, even when you are exhausted from tending the kids. Constantly frowning will scare us.
29. If you need our help, ASK. We cannot read your minds*.
30. Stop asking to know how we spend every dime. Just trust us and all will be well.
Lots of love,
-Nigerian husbands.

. Culled From Palmchat App

Ladies is up to you, what do you feel, do you agree?

Good rules but how do u marry 21 and 26 together....I shd not keep male friends but u can have them as friends on social media and i shdnt get jelous......i should seek ur permission to accept friends but u don't need my permission to do likewise

3 Likes

Re: 30 Things Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by cococandy(f): 4:14pm On Dec 12, 2016
You still want help with the bills?
When will she have the time to go early hat income if she's spending her life running after you, picking up after you and making sure everything is spotless

3 Likes

Re: 30 Things Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by HomeOfMe(f): 4:43pm On Dec 12, 2016
Intrepid01:

Ooh rily....you guys share responsibilities? Well I can't say it is wrong....if men can't foot the bill 100pct, then they've got to share in the other responsibilities as well.
undecided
Re: 30 Things Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by labakeJ(f): 5:00pm On Dec 12, 2016
nuelyoyo:
omolabake, omolabake, omolabake, how many times did I call you? Oya modify ya post ki'nto la oju mi.
Iffa slap u
Re: 30 Things Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by nuelyoyo(m): 5:03pm On Dec 12, 2016
labakeJ:
Iffa slap u
haaa, u want to slap your uncle.
Re: 30 Things Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by labakeJ(f): 6:13pm On Dec 12, 2016
nuelyoyo:
haaa, u want to slap your uncle.
Duh

1 Like

Re: 30 Things Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by queenDD(f): 6:13pm On Dec 12, 2016
Op, I don't envy your wife or future wife at all.

2 Likes

Re: 30 Things Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by Crixina(f): 6:26pm On Dec 12, 2016
Greedgod:

you should be asked how you sleep at night,

Cos someone with a good heart should know that it isn't about drawing up a list of things to do by one person, but it's about both parties making sacrifices in order to have a perfect marriage.

What a misogynistic way of thinking, that being said, just get a robot for a wife, that way she won't even have to think of disobeying you 30 commandments, she will just be programmed to obey you.

3 Likes

Re: 30 Things Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by Greedgod: 6:28pm On Dec 12, 2016
Crixina:
you should be asked how you sleep at night,

Cos someone with a good heart should know that it isn't about drawing up a list of things to do by one person, but it's about both parties making sacrifices in order to have a perfect marriage.
Goodluck ma
Re: 30 Things Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by folasayolyn(f): 7:31pm On Dec 12, 2016
why don't you go meet human traffickers and buy slave op, on top what

2 Likes

Re: 30 Things Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by Austin234(m): 7:50pm On Dec 12, 2016
Most important of it all. A woman of questionable characters has failed it all

Ewomazinot:
A man also expect his wife to be God fearing
Re: 30 Things Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by nobledeals(f): 8:02pm On Dec 12, 2016
braine:
Number one can NOT be over emphasized.

Also, women should stop riddling! Using style or reverse psychology to ask for things can be frustrating, we're not scientists to decipher the codings. Go straight to the point and ask for whatever you want.

you're referring to me but I think it's natural. Hubby complains a lot about that
Re: 30 Things Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by akino(m): 8:02pm On Dec 12, 2016
Great! men should also understand that women are meant to be nurtured.
Re: 30 Things Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by sonjohn994: 8:19pm On Dec 12, 2016
Choiszman:
1. Go and slim down. Do not let people take you for our mother when indeed you are our wife. We love to see you exercise and eat less.
3. Keep the house clean.
4. Be hospitable, how you receive our friends and families matter to us. Make them feel welcome by coming out to greet them, serve them water if there is no drink.
6. Do not disrespect us, we want to feel respected even with our imperfections, correct us with respect.
7. Treat us like a king, make us feel important and we shall treat you back as our queens.
9. Be polite always.
11. Do not delay us when we have to go out together. Start getting ready well ahead of time and don't keep us waiting because we can be very impatient.
12. We don't like tension, make us smile and laugh around you and we will want to hang around.
13. We love good food, if you have to go to a catering school to make us eat well, please do.
14. We do not like nagging. When you make your request, believe in us to do it in our own time. No amount of nagging can change us.
16. If there are issues that need be addressed, find a quiet time when we can talk, just the two of us not necessarily in the middle of the night when you're most likely going to disturb our sleep.
17. Do not prioritize others ahead of us, Make us your number one; Not the children, your friends, your family, your career, business, religion or anything around.
21. We can be jealous, do not get too close with the opposite sex on Social media. Seek our consent before accepting a male as Friend.
26. Do not try to pry too much by reading our mails and responding to messages meant for us without our consent.
Stop snooping and stalking us on Social media. Stop being suspicious of our female colleagues.Please stop acting like FBI,CIA or Mossad over our phones. They are our phones not yours.
28. Smile always, even when you are exhausted from tending the kids. Constantly frowning will scare us.
30. Stop asking to know how we spend every dime. Just trust us and all will be well.
Lots of love,
-Nigerian husbands.

Please Kindly Post Women's (Wife) Own, women are vexing for here ...

Re: 30 Things Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by MrSly(m): 9:05pm On Dec 12, 2016
Amicable24:
Wives or slaves cos somethings don't go down well cry cry Mr. Choiszman, what is good for the goose is also good for the gander.. If a woman should sacrifice all these(which is highly impossible) how much are u willing to sacrifice for her too Marriage is not all about what d man/wife wants, rather it is how much each person is willing to sacrifice for the betterment of the relationship between them.
I love men who are man enough to take up responsibilities and handle issues maturely even when things don't seem to go well unlike men who settle their bulk on the couch and expect their wives(slaves) to lick their feet..
Anyways... Counter thread loading (I trust NL ladies)... undecided Let the bashing begin grin grin grin
Today's wife spotted.
Re: 30 Things Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by MrSly(m): 9:14pm On Dec 12, 2016
TINALETC3:
Op,d post remains inconclusive until I see "50 tins Nigerian wives expect 4rm dia hubby" tongue
I bet that the list what Nigerian wives want from their hubby must clock 1000 unless it is inconclusive.
Re: 30 Things Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by funmi2013(f): 9:16pm On Dec 12, 2016
[quote author=Omolola1 post=51858700]

THIS IS JUST GREAT!

Can imagin that, what they cant take they doing it to others. Nonsense post.

1 Like

Re: 30 Things Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by AIZU(m): 11:49pm On Dec 12, 2016
Amicable24:
Wives or slaves cos somethings don't go down well cry cry Mr. Choiszman, what is good for the goose is also good for the gander.. If a woman should sacrifice all these(which is highly impossible) how much are u willing to sacrifice for her too Marriage is not all about what d man/wife wants, rather it is how much each person is willing to sacrifice for the betterment of the relationship between them.
I love men who are man enough to take up responsibilities and handle issues maturely even when things don't seem to go well unlike men who settle their bulk on the couch and expect their wives(slaves) to lick their feet..
Anyways... Counter thread loading (I trust NL ladies)... undecided Let the bashing begin grin grin grin

lol. so its men dah should do everytin in a relationship abi *dey der* u behave anyow for my ows. i send u out lyk a threat message . no tym
Re: 30 Things Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by Sexina851(f): 12:05am On Dec 13, 2016
Captainbells:
grin
A whole load of bullocks right there!!

So what are you bringing to the table if you lots expect perfection from your partners?
Potbelly?
Stupid sense of entitlement??

hehehehe
Re: 30 Things Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by robbea: 1:25am On Dec 13, 2016
hope wen we show u pple love u guys will not see us as fools.
Re: 30 Things Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by drphantom: 5:38am On Dec 13, 2016
Choiszman:
3. Keep the house clean.
9. Be polite always.
Lots of love,
-Nigerian husbands.

Opening a can of worms.

I suspect a lot of people who have issues with this are either unmarried or have issues in their marriage.

Every woman that's making her marriage work understands and agrees with what the op has put up.

Does that mean the man doesn't have a role to play ? Of course not. There is a similar list out there for men.

But when you, as a woman, look at this list and see subjugation and male dominance stead of the recipe for a happy marriage it is , you reveal that you either are not ready for the reality of marriage.

P.S.
I've been proudly married for 10 years and my wife, a successful career woman who is by no means a slave in my house, practices most of these
Re: 30 Things Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by AIZU(m): 7:04am On Dec 13, 2016
LadyAnn:

Wow...spoken like a true narcissist. And what, pray, do the wives get in return for being such a saint?

all dose finz uve been askin for. i cant do all dose shit u ladies ave been askin for in exchange for just pus*sy nah. nfin goes for nfin
Re: 30 Things Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by Ngokafor(f): 11:05am On Dec 13, 2016
...The earlier the average Married and Unmarried Nigerian male stops being delusional and consummed with misplaced sense of entitlement,the better for them.

.....You go fear list 101 na...clowns.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple, The Azubuikes, Welcome Baby After 14 Years Of Marriage (photos) / Has A Wife In Nigeria But Sleeping With Client As A Psychologist In Canada / Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.