Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,030 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

I Have Not Received Any Salary In 6 Years- Rauf Aregbesola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have Not Received Any Salary In 6 Years- Rauf Aregbesola (19742 Views)

Rauf Aregbesola: 'I Have Not Received Salary Since I Became Governor Of Osun' / Governor Rauf Aregbesola's Road Network In Osun (Photos) / Grave Of Saratu Aregbesola, Governor Rauf Aregbesola's Mother (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Not Received Any Salary In 6 Years- Rauf Aregbesola by tobishawn: 10:41am On Dec 13, 2016
The governor of Osun State, Rauf Aregbesola, says he has not earned salary since he assumed office six years ago.

He said this during the launch of Oodua FM in Ile-Ife on Sunday.

“When people complain about our financial state, I begin to wonder if they think I am spending people’s money. Some of you do not know that I have not received any salary since I became governor- of Osun state, why will I take that of others,” said Mr. Aregbesola, who became governor in November 2010.

According to the pay package prepared by the Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission and which became effective 2009, a state governor earns a monthly salary of N2.2 million.

He is however entitled to several other perks, including constituency allowance of N4.44 million, hardship allowance N1.11 million, leave allowance N222, 370.00, and newspaper allowance N333,555.75.

Osun State has been in deep financial crisis for a long while and has been unable to pay salaries of workers.

Besides, the governor who began his second term in office in November 2014, has not appointed commissioners.

The poor financial condition of the state has also made it impossible to live up to its obligations to the Ladoke Akintola University, Ogbomosho, which it jointly funds with Oyo State.

Mr. Aregbesola said the economic crisis was not only affecting Osun state but also other states, noting “there is no free money anywhere.”

He explained that he refused to appoint commissioners because of the state’s poor financial condition.

“How will I have commissioners when we have no money?” he asked.

“The minority leader of Osun state House of Assembly wrote a post on Facebook complaining that I have not paid them. We don’t have the money, even the minority leader does not have a car.”

The governor advised the owner of the radio station, Rotimi Malone, to use it to develop of the state rather than for politics.

Mr. Aregbesola criticized the Nigerian Broadcasting Corporation for allegedly performing below expectation.

According to him, “Nigerian Broadcasting Corporation has set standards but they just do things anyhow. There was a time that Osun state was almost torn apart through the media but Nigerian Broadcasting Corporation refused to act.”

[s][/s]

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/217773-ive-not-received-salary-since-i-became-governor-aregbebsola.html

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 6 Years- Rauf Aregbesola by HQuadreal: 10:41am On Dec 13, 2016
Liar.
Nigeria Politics.
Na Scam.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 6 Years- Rauf Aregbesola by madridguy(m): 10:44am On Dec 13, 2016
Chai BABA KABIRU kiss

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 6 Years- Rauf Aregbesola by ammyluv2002(f): 10:44am On Dec 13, 2016
Black lies

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 6 Years- Rauf Aregbesola by ajokebelle(f): 10:54am On Dec 13, 2016
I'm surprised its not johnnyEssence that created this thread.

8 Likes

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 6 Years- Rauf Aregbesola by TippyTop(m): 11:03am On Dec 13, 2016
You have not received salary for 6yrs but your son Kabiru became a multi-billionaire through Opon Imo.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4603454_kabiru_jpeg62f31a191c0c353178f647616199523b

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 6 Years- Rauf Aregbesola by OlajumokeBread(f): 11:09am On Dec 13, 2016

This is just the beginning

I want Buhari to rule Nigeria for 100 years

I want to see these zombies cry like a rat on mensuration

26 Likes

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 6 Years- Rauf Aregbesola by OlajumokeBread(f): 11:09am On Dec 13, 2016

Just give Buhari some time

He will pay you next week when $1 becomes 1 naira

17 Likes

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 6 Years- Rauf Aregbesola by aljharem(m): 11:10am On Dec 13, 2016
Go to hell

1 Like

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 6 Years- Rauf Aregbesola by AllTheWayUp: 11:10am On Dec 13, 2016
grin

But you have looted billions of Naira every year in the past six year

thunder fire u Aregbeshola and ur son kabiru for looting Osun state dry

19 Likes

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 6 Years- Rauf Aregbesola by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 13, 2016
Hmmm this Aregberascal can lie sha....

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 6 Years- Rauf Aregbesola by PappiSnow: 11:10am On Dec 13, 2016
Baba Kabiru but why are you lying?

9 Likes

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 6 Years- Rauf Aregbesola by LEOSIRSIR(m): 11:11am On Dec 13, 2016
but the ones you earn through contract are called what?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 6 Years- Rauf Aregbesola by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 13, 2016
grin grin grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 6 Years- Rauf Aregbesola by PappiSnow: 11:11am On Dec 13, 2016
embarassed
Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 6 Years- Rauf Aregbesola by emmasege: 11:11am On Dec 13, 2016
Babaa Kabiruu, enu opuro o n'seje.

How about the security votes and several contracts awarded to your son, wife, family and cronies? Who will not forget about salary when he knows there's cool money that's better than salary?

So, you 've been sustaining yourself, biological and political families from revenues you generated while fixing generators before you ventured into politics, and the ones you raked from Thief.nubu's operational headquarters (Lagos State Government)?

Ma finu mi mo mo'je, Baba Kabiru. Zombies can buy that but definitely not those whose cranial capacity far outclasses chimpanzees and zombies.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 6 Years- Rauf Aregbesola by PappiSnow: 11:11am On Dec 13, 2016
shocked
Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 6 Years- Rauf Aregbesola by wellmax(m): 11:11am On Dec 13, 2016
Exemplary leadership

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 6 Years- Rauf Aregbesola by esthel(f): 11:11am On Dec 13, 2016
But your humongous allowances are paid promptly

1 Like

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 6 Years- Rauf Aregbesola by pesty100(m): 11:11am On Dec 13, 2016
Baba you can lie

1 Like

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 6 Years- Rauf Aregbesola by Sibrah: 11:11am On Dec 13, 2016
Your son handles Òpón imó contract and you can dictate to the state assembly give you N200m pension, so what's the big deal.
What about the common man that will lose more than 6yrs salary to you huge debt repayment in the future?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 6 Years- Rauf Aregbesola by AllTheWayUp: 11:12am On Dec 13, 2016
wellmax:
Exemplary leadership

Zombies like u will always fall for cheap lies

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 6 Years- Rauf Aregbesola by samx4real(m): 11:12am On Dec 13, 2016
Story only children will hear and start clapping...

In other words?

Story for the gods!!!

4 Likes

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 6 Years- Rauf Aregbesola by Elchappo: 11:12am On Dec 13, 2016
Aregbescal!!!
You can lie for Africa...

But kontinew, ur fellow zoombies will believe you...

2 Likes

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 6 Years- Rauf Aregbesola by Heltinking(m): 11:12am On Dec 13, 2016
Thunder fire you there!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 6 Years- Rauf Aregbesola by YesNo(m): 11:12am On Dec 13, 2016
some kinda lies ehnnnnnnnn

1 Like

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 6 Years- Rauf Aregbesola by Yossarian: 11:13am On Dec 13, 2016
You would have to be an idiet to believe such an idiet.

1 Like

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 6 Years- Rauf Aregbesola by Moreoffaith(m): 11:14am On Dec 13, 2016
If you haven't receive any salary I am so sure you must have pocket some without anyone consent.

1 Like

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 6 Years- Rauf Aregbesola by feodan: 11:14am On Dec 13, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

This is just the beginning

I want Buhari to rule Nigeria for 100 years

I want to see these zombies cry like a rat on mensuration
What d Bleep are u saying
Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 6 Years- Rauf Aregbesola by teelaw4life(m): 11:14am On Dec 13, 2016
If i say "O" you say "L" another man say "E" omo na you sabi. We all know you guys don't even touch your salary. All the ones wey you don thief never pass 10 year salaty?

3 Likes

Re: I Have Not Received Any Salary In 6 Years- Rauf Aregbesola by buchilino(m): 11:14am On Dec 13, 2016
ALLOW ME 2 INVESTIGATE HOW U SPEND UR SECURITY MONEY.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gerrard Building: North-West Govs Visit Scene, Sympathise With Victims’ Families / Victor Umeh Fails To Win APGA Senatorial Ticket / NNPC Delegates Meet Anambra State Government Over Natural Gas In The State (pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.