Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,089 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

MMM: Message From Amaka Who Just Married The Top Guider - Investment (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / MMM: Message From Amaka Who Just Married The Top Guider (81983 Views)

MMM Posts Christmas Greeting. Angry Participants React (Photos) / MMM Top Guider Chuddy Ugorji Finally Reacts To Alleged MMM Crash / Exposed: How MMM 'number 1 Guider' Collected Over N1B Within 1year (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MMM: Message From Amaka Who Just Married The Top Guider by giggy63: 3:27am On Dec 15, 2016
mmm still paid some people yesterday in my area here in Ikorodu.. so people should stop creating fear..after all buhari lead govt has done worst..

4 Likes

Re: MMM: Message From Amaka Who Just Married The Top Guider by Nobody: 3:30am On Dec 15, 2016
goingape1:
who is this man!

Charles ponzi was release on bay and he pay those guy back the money and restart the business all over again with improvement.

Actually, Mr Ponzi was sentenced to jail for a long time, and then deported out of the USA.

Charles Ponzi was arrested on August 12, 1920, and charged with 86 counts of mail fraud. Owing an estimated $7 million, he pleaded guilty to mail fraud, and subsequently spent 14 years in prison. Rose divorced him in 1937, and Ponzi died penniless in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on January 18, 1949.(Charles Ponzi page, Biography website)

And people and banks lost millions of money. HE(MR PONZI) NEVER EVER PAID THEM BACK A DIME

The news brought down five other banks in addition to Hanover Trust. His investors were practically wiped out, receiving less than 30 cents to the dollar. His investors lost about $20 million in 1920 dollars ($225 million in 2011 dollars): Charles Ponzi completely annihilated their finances. As a comparison, Bernard Madoff's similar scheme that collapsed in 2008 cost his investors about $18 billion, 53 times the losses of Ponzi's scheme without taking into account conversion from 1920 dollars to 2008 dollars.(Wikipedia)

And Mr Ponzi died in poverty.....divorced by his wife.

Ponzi spent the last years of his life in poverty, working occasionally as a translator. His health suffered. A heart attack in 1941 left him considerably weakened. His eyesight began failing, and by 1948, he was almost completely blind. A brain hemorrhage paralyzed his right leg and arm. He died in a charity hospital in Rio de Janeiro, the Hospital São Francisco de Assis of Federal University of Rio de Janeiro on January 15, 1949

Sorry.....but Mr Ponzi was a crook. And he was not a good man.

P.S: That person in your meme(One-Punch man) that you used would have dealt with him well well.

1 Like

Re: MMM: Message From Amaka Who Just Married The Top Guider by almustopha82(m): 3:35am On Dec 15, 2016
RUDEBOYY:
All I know is that it's only those that are not participants in the mmm scheme that is making all this noise abt mmm crashing.... Come January I will still invest even more in mmm.
Mmm is here to stay the only time it will crash is only when we stop participating. #istandwithmmmnigeria!
WE ARE WAITING FOR THEM. ........MMM KO MMM NI
Re: MMM: Message From Amaka Who Just Married The Top Guider by almustopha82(m): 3:38am On Dec 15, 2016
giggy63:
mmm still paid some people yesterday in my area here in Ikorodu.. so people should stop creating fear..after all buhari lead govt has done worst..
U ARE A LIAR MMM IS NOT PAYING ANYBODY AT IKORODU. AM LIVING IN IKORODU
Re: MMM: Message From Amaka Who Just Married The Top Guider by basti1212(m): 3:41am On Dec 15, 2016
It is ponzi scheme! The reason it hasn't crash yet is because they did not promise 100% or 200% of your investment. But 30% for one month. So, it will hang around for a while. But it will surely crash and when it does, it will hit like a plane that has fallen all the way down the sky, BOOM!! Like a bang. #be warned. #be timing. #be careful. #be smart. #be wise

2 Likes

Re: MMM: Message From Amaka Who Just Married The Top Guider by Mujtahida: 3:45am On Dec 15, 2016
greenpasture:

While I don't favor get rich quick schemes your statement above is not correct. Unlike a typical Ponzi scheme MMM does not require users to load the base in order to get their benefits. As such the interest comes from repeat business. Yes the system does seek to attract new business but large regular repeats are it's mainstay.

As regards crashing which of course it may ultimately do do for reasons which I have not yet read anywhere on social media , at 3 million users out of a population of 180 million, the space for its growth is quite obvious.

MMM to my mind, or at least the version used in Nigeria is a social experiment that showed that people would trust an do business with perfect strangers if a) the rules were clear b) the platform was easy to use an c) the gains minimized the cost of long term participation i.e you can generate your investment capital and recycle it. To this end MMM has more features in common with the sharing economy business model than with a Ponzi scheme. Airbnb and ubber for instance do not own the assets they use to generate business. They merely provide a platform for asset owner's to participate.

Something happened here that entrepreneurs and financial experts need to understand if they are to build viral self replicating businesses. Sadly many of MMM critics have not taken time to understand the business model nor to see its potential in other lines of business.

It is always easier of course to attack things than to analyze them.
I enjoyed your analysis. Not many have examined it from these standpoints. Not many are looking at the fact that trust is the main currency being exchanged here in spite of the fact that Nigerians are corrupt. Whenever I read someone shouting ponzi scheme, Ponzi scheme, it tells me that few really think deeply. Some shout and say 30%? It is unworkable, it is unsustainable, it is impossible. Well everything is possible and nothing is impossible in this life. Almost all the scientific inventions were derided as impossible but today we are enjoying the benefit. Who knows what men in their irrepressible ability to create and innovate can come up with.
Re: MMM: Message From Amaka Who Just Married The Top Guider by Vondata(m): 3:53am On Dec 15, 2016
MMM is here to stay, the media hype wants to make people to stop participating
Re: MMM: Message From Amaka Who Just Married The Top Guider by kinswhite(m): 4:03am On Dec 15, 2016
Its official MMM Nigeria set to unfreeze mavros that have attained 30days Growth.

This is indeed a good news to all Participants of MMM Nigeria as MMM Nigeria is set to release all Mavros that has grown for 30 days. 
This we confirm in the statement issued by the MMM Officials.

"This Christmas period everyone would want to GH and that won't be good for the system, so this freezing will control the rate of GH and make it orderly.

Note: people GH mostly only on Tuesday and Thursday, but now people will be GHing daily as soon as their mavro is released; and you know everybody's mavro won't be released on the same day, therefore there's bound to be controlled GH.

SO TELL YOUR DOWNLINES:

for those whose mavro is up to one month but you can't GH, don't worry; within 24 hours the eligible ones will be released so they can GH.

The system has to freeze all at the same time (both the eligible and ineligible ones) so that it'll then take time to release the ones up to 30 days

NOTE: all these are measures to ensure that MMM stays alive till and beyond 2017.

Our rush to GH has now been slowed down, for the sustainability of our community.

MMM pays! Together we build the world!!

Guider Chuudy, Nigeria Number 1 Guider explains further in hia note below

"Dear mavrodians, my mission here is to make us properly understand this new message that seems to be causing panic out there in the hearts of all MMM participants. The message does NOT say that nobody will be able to GH until January, instead the message is saying that you will not be able to GH until after 30days that you actually made the payment of your PH and the recipient confirms. Meaning that your money must actually spend minimum of 30days outside. So for example, if you PH 100K on 5th November, and you are matched to pay on 10th November, assuming that you made the payment but the recipient does not confirm your order until 15th November when he finally comfirms receipt of your payment. From that instant (15th November), your mavros will change status to "CONFIRMED" ( irrespective of colour Blue or Green ), so you will only be able to request for help (GH) on that particular 100k + 30% growth as from 15th December. It is not that you can't GH before January.

Please spread this to all your downlines"
Re: MMM: Message From Amaka Who Just Married The Top Guider by giggy63: 4:05am On Dec 15, 2016
almustopha82:
U ARE A LIAR MMM IS NOT PAYING ANYBODY AT IKORODU. AM LIVING IN IKORODU
zombie like say Ikorodu nah inside your bedroom or d name of kitchen

3 Likes

Re: MMM: Message From Amaka Who Just Married The Top Guider by intricate(m): 4:09am On Dec 15, 2016
kYjelly2:

@the bold, what do you mean

we have told you guys time and time again that it will definitely crash, but you guys believe the 30% is sent down from heaven or something.

why are Nigerians like this
we are all born ignorant but some choose to remain that way for life

3 Likes

Re: MMM: Message From Amaka Who Just Married The Top Guider by yankeypha: 4:11am On Dec 15, 2016
RUDEBOYY:
All I know is that it's only those that are not participants in the mmm scheme that is making all this noise abt mmm crashing.... Come January I will still invest even more in mmm.
Mmm is here to stay the only time it will crash is only when we stop participating. #istandwithmmmnigeria!
You are just crying inside, think of it how can Ultimate Cycler has network problem and MMM has problem too person like you if we guy men catch you, we will wash money for you, and you must pay us tire,
Re: MMM: Message From Amaka Who Just Married The Top Guider by Leader01(m): 4:12am On Dec 15, 2016
Greed! is a pity that many Nigerians now see MMM as an occupation. Putting MMM in their profile and using it as profile picture.

Greed......

1 Like

Re: MMM: Message From Amaka Who Just Married The Top Guider by Nyceguy92: 4:13am On Dec 15, 2016
doctorregular1:
save ur casket as well b4 the end of 2016. Animal in the form of an e-rat

Did I detect a tinge of frustration here?

Are you one of those whose money is surely going to be trapped when the time comes?

No pity for you.

1 Like

Re: MMM: Message From Amaka Who Just Married The Top Guider by giggy63: 4:16am On Dec 15, 2016
wollexie1106:
They have pair ur husband with everybody, u use their money for wedding now u are saying they should wait. If u were in their shoes will you wait?. Why can't you announce the freeze one month before the freeze happened. Thunder that will strike you and ur husband is on press up
change your mind set bro..its too dirty..thunder!!! for dis early morning too bad
Re: MMM: Message From Amaka Who Just Married The Top Guider by slivertongue: 4:30am On Dec 15, 2016
i no dey shout and i no fit shout.

once beaten, twice shy.

for those who know schemes like this, this is how they start till they liquidate. they may come back raise funds pay certain catgories of participants win more converts get bigger and richer then boom ie postponing dooms day or like some die and die never to comeback. This was the story of COVENANT FADAMA and co, and no matter how long this scheme stays it will travel the same road.

It is good to WAIT but comparing this scheme to waiting for salaries, certificates withouts jobs, postponed weddings, rescheduled payment for debts owned is playing to the gallery. Of the truth there is poverty in the land but this scheme like others will only rob peter to pay paul. There are no tangibles in this scheme to compare it with the above mentioned. I wish the participants well and i dont want it to crash cos it will affect the economy

1 Like

Re: MMM: Message From Amaka Who Just Married The Top Guider by Nobody: 5:13am On Dec 15, 2016
Like all ponzi schemes it will end in tears for some folks. It's only a matter of time.

1 Like

Re: MMM: Message From Amaka Who Just Married The Top Guider by dapsonlou(m): 5:14am On Dec 15, 2016
Corrinthians:
She's making a very good point. I keep wondering myself; why do some people desire to see mmm crash? Does it hurt them seeing people rise out of poverty? What joy is there seeing people's lives ruined from huge loses? Would the validation of their suspecion that something would go wrong with the scheme raise their standard of living in any way?

Confidence has been ruined and it might be difficullt getting it back. But come what may, mmm changed a whole lot of lives for the better.

Because it crush in every country it was started. Even the originators of the scam is doing 25yrs in jail for costing people Billion in losses.
Re: MMM: Message From Amaka Who Just Married The Top Guider by dapsonlou(m): 5:19am On Dec 15, 2016
kYjelly2:

@the bold, what do you mean

we have told you guys time and time again that it will definitely crash, but you guys believe the 30% is sent down from heaven or something.

why are Nigerians like this

Other countries that crash dont even pay up to 30% every month and it still crashed
Re: MMM: Message From Amaka Who Just Married The Top Guider by RealityShot: 5:28am On Dec 15, 2016
futurerex:
I foresee MMM going the way of Ultimate Cycler.
Re: MMM: Message From Amaka Who Just Married The Top Guider by dapsonlou(m): 5:30am On Dec 15, 2016
Ukeachu1:
In all this madness. I have learnt that greed blinds ppl and can make even educated people very foolish. It's a pity

My neighbour started investing 50k per month After collecting his money, his confidence grow. Since February he had been investing 5m every month. Now hes no where to be found because he convinced a lot of people on my street to invest. My tenants better not use MMM as an excuse not to pay their rent.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MMM: Message From Amaka Who Just Married The Top Guider by udumosam23(m): 5:33am On Dec 15, 2016
ChifysWorld:
Why MMM was meant to CRASH

The money-box scheme called MMM that started in Russia was introduced to Nigerians via MMM Nigeria when the country was said to be at the peak of what many described as the worst recession in the Nigeria's economic history. The economic hardship and the urge to get rich quick made a lot of Nigerians to rush into it and welcome MMM as their only way to carter for themselves in a time where the exchange rates were hitting the roofs; hence most people failed to ask themselves some very important questions.

Has anybody ever "Received Help" or money except they first "Provided Help" or paid some money? If you have to give help to get help then,
Question 1: To WHO did the first set of MMM subscribers provide help to?
Question 2: Where does the 30% Return on Investment come from?
Question 3: What will happen when the requested help outweighs the available help?
Question 4: What is the history of MMM and has it failed before?
Question 5: Is MMM being regulated by any financial regulatory board, body, or institution?

Read More at http://chifysworld..com.ng/2016/12/mmm-on-mannequin-challenge.html

I'm only interested in number 1 and 4 questions.

My guess is that they have an internal account somehow, or they're using one or more guiders account at the beginning. And recently too, same accounts were used to accumulate pH before the freeze so as to regulate GH.

If my guess is true, then mmm will confidently bounce back, using the accumulated pH to pay January. The testimony of participants will make people begin to pH again, especially the bonuses.

However, there will then be a possibility of scaming Nigerians who strongly believe mmm is real because there is no central account. So nobody can run away with anybody's money.

2 Likes

Re: MMM: Message From Amaka Who Just Married The Top Guider by RealityShot: 5:35am On Dec 15, 2016
Corrinthians:
She's making a very good point. I keep wondering myself; why do some people desire to see mmm crash? Does it hurt them seeing people rise out of poverty? What joy is there seeing people's lives ruined from huge loses? Would the validation of their suspecion that something would go wrong with the scheme raise their standard of living in any way?

Confidence has been ruined and it might be difficullt getting it back. But come what may, mmm changed a whole lot of lives for the better.
MMM will continue in Nigeria..
But it will be on a low key
Just like it continues in Zimbabwe

Re: MMM: Message From Amaka Who Just Married The Top Guider by mfujah(m): 5:39am On Dec 15, 2016
bad information can travel in this part of the world... Am not a participant of mmm but most you non participant kill ursef over spilt milk? jess!! it is non of our business if mmm is on break or not... very soon i will hear it's buhari who crash mmm....#justsaying#

1 Like

Re: MMM: Message From Amaka Who Just Married The Top Guider by RealityShot: 5:43am On Dec 15, 2016
slivertongue:
i no dey shout and i no fit shout.

once beaten, twice shy.

for those who know schemes like this, this is how they start till they liquidate. they may come back raise funds pay certain catgories of participants win more converts get bigger and richer then boom ie postponing dooms day or like some die and die never to comeback. This was the story of COVENANT FADAMA and co, and no matter how long this scheme stays it will travel the same road.

It is good to WAIT but comparing this scheme to waiting for salaries, certificates withouts jobs, postponed weddings, rescheduled payment for debts owned is playing to the gallery. Of the truth there is poverty in the land but this scheme like others will only rob peter to pay paul. There are no tangibles in this scheme to compare it with the above mentioned. I wish the participants well and i dont want it to crash cos it will affect the economy
How exactly will it affect the economy?
Re: MMM: Message From Amaka Who Just Married The Top Guider by Ekeremgba(m): 5:49am On Dec 15, 2016
FlirtyKaren:
Chiamaka Chuddy Ugorji wedded her husband Chuddy Ugorji in a lavish wedding that went viral on Saturday, November 12, 2016.

MMM froze users' accounts yesterday and she has reached out to participants in an open letter.

https://www.facebook.com/chiamakachuddy/posts/844414519031607

https://www.facebook.com/chiamakachuddy/posts/844208855718840

Amaka's husband Chuddy is yet to make a public statement about the freeze on his Facebook page.

Chiamaka & Chuddy's wedding which took place at Elshadai Covenant Church, 7 social club road, Abulegba Lagos, witnessed large turnout of well-wishers and MMM guiders and participants. Also, reports have it that, Chuddy is the man who brought MMM to Nigeria and he currently has lots of Participants registered under him.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/12/mmm-top-guider-chuddy-ugorji-wife-open-letter-mmm-crash.html

Disclaimer: Amaka's messages have been severely edited by nairaland management. visit facebook to view the full messages
pls, what is emu emu emu.

Re: MMM: Message From Amaka Who Just Married The Top Guider by Nobody: 5:51am On Dec 15, 2016
Mujtahida:

I enjoyed your analysis. Not many have examined it from these standpoints.[b] Not many are looking at the fact that trust is the main currency being exchanged here [/b]in spite of the fact that Nigerians are corrupt. Whenever I read someone shouting ponzi scheme, Ponzi scheme, it tells me that few really think deeply. Some shout and say 30%? It is unworkable, it is unsustainable, it is impossible. Well everything is possible and nothing is impossible in this life. Almost all the scientific inventions were derided as impossible but today we are enjoying the benefit. Who knows what men in their irrepressible ability to create and innovate can come up with.

I like your comment above. It hits the nail on the head. Our society is based on division; tribal, religious and class. There are powerful people whose livelihoods and well being rest on Nigeria being a fractured society. Anything that has Nigerians working together across these three fault lines is seen as a threat to their existence.
I am aware that better designed models than MMM are on the way. Non collaterized lending is here to stay. I dare say even investment banking will soon be crowd sourced.

The power of people will ultimately triumph over the power of states.

Thank you for your kind words and insight.

1 Like

Re: MMM: Message From Amaka Who Just Married The Top Guider by LorDBolton(m): 5:54am On Dec 15, 2016
kYjelly2:

have you provided help to the helpless yet this christmas period

but you want to provide "HELP" so that you can get 30% back on your "HELP", chai undecided

Na now I understand why naija no dey get hero like Superman or The Flash, cause their help go cost angry

ROTFL
Re: MMM: Message From Amaka Who Just Married The Top Guider by slivertongue: 5:55am On Dec 15, 2016
RealityShot:
How exactly will it affect the economy?

The money that may be lost could be channelled to grow the real sector of the economy especially agriculture. when these schemes fail they mop up monies that should been used to grow the state and economy. Mind you private and public workers and institutions are also participants in these schemes and so the damage will be felt across board. The economy needs the funds invested in these 'wonder' to grow

1 Like

Re: MMM: Message From Amaka Who Just Married The Top Guider by DedeNkem: 5:59am On Dec 15, 2016
doctorregular1:
When I see a coward, I know thru native intelligence. I officially declare u as a coward of the 21st century.

Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish! Nigerian who invested on this MMM ponzi scam arr damn stupid!
I never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

4 Likes

Re: MMM: Message From Amaka Who Just Married The Top Guider by alizma: 6:06am On Dec 15, 2016
Omonoba1:
Can't believe a friend of mine still went ahead to provide help of over 100k yesterday amidst this hullabaloo.. People strongly believe this thing will come back..na wa o
that is how bad it is. MMM said money is not in any central account that money moves from one member to another member account directly, now they said no one should withdraw but u can pay in, the question gullible Nigerians are not asking is, into who's account is the help they are still providing going into?
Anyway the girl has brief them enough to know that there is a debt, problem, promise unkept that they have to Wait for. but the question is that who will pay the debt before the business can reverse back to its normal position?

1 Like

Re: MMM: Message From Amaka Who Just Married The Top Guider by Localamos(m): 6:12am On Dec 15, 2016
Corrinthians:
... mmm changed a whole lot of lives for the better.

...But ruined many more!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Abayomi Segun Oluwasesan: How I Hacked Afriq Arbitrage System, Stole Billions / How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians / MMM Releases 2017 Rules Ahead Jan. 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.