Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians - Investment (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians (50949 Views)

MMM Posts Christmas Greeting. Angry Participants React (Photos) / MMM Nigeria This Is How MMM Zimbabwe Crashed. / CNN Makes Fun Of Nigerians For Still Believing In MMM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by plaetton: 10:09pm On Dec 15, 2016
AfroKnight:

Well said.

The OP said a lot and nothing, skirting around the crux of the matter. Ponzi schemes appeal to greedy people who don't care where the next "profit" comes from as long as they are not the fall guy. All the arguments supporting MMM often gloss over or totally avoid the eventual unravelling of the scheme.

What happens to the last guy? No one gives a damn. Well, they have just found out. The scheme was "frozen" without notice yet some participants believe in the goodwill of the administration that could make such a drastic move on your money without warning. How can you trust such a system? Come January, excuses will emerge; some, citing the contrary stance of the government.

I hope those affected would learn. I doubt it though. Why? Because you can almost always count on the greed of humans.
Well said.

1 Like

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by Nobody: 10:11pm On Dec 15, 2016
wizzakosh:
lier, I have a friend and cousin in same south africa. They are also doing mmm south africa, stop spewing thrash mr south africa.

Say all you want, I just told u the truth, that's the reason u only.see those same screenshots... it's dead, the earlier u move on the better. Don't live in denial
Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by Hiploko(m): 10:40pm On Dec 15, 2016
rychard:

Say all you want, I just told u the truth, that's the reason u only.see those same screenshots... it's dead, the earlier u move on the better. Don't live in denial
go and get a meaningful life than talking about MMM. Did you give any1 money to invest in it? Bounce abeg!!!
Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by Nobody: 11:19pm On Dec 15, 2016
Hiploko:
go and get a meaningful life than talking about MMM. Did you give any1 money to invest in it? Bounce abeg!!!

Mumu, who's been talking about MMM, when all your f*cking post are about MMM, idiot!...
Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by howfarwhatagwan: 11:48pm On Dec 15, 2016
Enough of this MMM talk everywhere haba make we hear word jare. It is a Ponzi scheme simple and short. The participants have the right to spend their money how they want if they decided to put in MMM it is their DAMN business, if they made money out of it good for them and if they've lost money too bad as well.

What I will not accept is anyone trying to advertise MMM as a genuine investment scheme. what are you investing in? You are taking money from someone who has to give to someone who already gave you money at an outrageous interest rate how does it make any sense? It is a professional level of fraud simple. The secret about ponzi schemes is to get in early and get out early but it never happens because of the greedy nature of humans.

No one should ever be blamed for people's choices. Everyone makes their choices in life there is never a situation where you are left with only one option there is always an alternative. whichever you choose is always up to you. so for participants if you believed so much in the scheme then why not believe them that they will return in January and let us hear word abeg. If they do not open then accept you made a poor choice, learn from it and move ON. BUT please make we hear word abeg.

1 Like

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by antiboko(m): 11:59pm On Dec 15, 2016
valdovas:
I hate the very fact that I have to wade into this MMM talk. For starters, I did NOT participate in the MMM scheme, even though I understood their business model.

My sole reason for commenting on this, is the annoying self-righteous, high-horse, whitewash talk coming from people. You hear people arrogantly declaring how the scheme was horrible and stupid, insulting those who participated, and aiming thinly veiled mockery at them.

My questions is this, to what end? I mean, for what purpose? Check well and you'll see all the warnings came from either of these 3 sets of people:

1. The angry: This set of people are actually comfortable in life, and somehow are bitter that some people of lower financial estates had the guts to want to change their financial fortune. Almost 40% fall in this category, and involves the banks who are angry that their fixed deposit customers are running away; the government people who actually would love to strike a deal with MMM for tax returns in exchange for legitimacy; and the plain wealthy people who just hate to see the poor feed himself.

2. The jealous: This set of people are usually not so comfortable financially, but are jealous that some of their peers and lower-downs had the balls to put their money in an unknown scheme in order to change their level financially. I don't know which percentage to quote, but considering the Nigerian factor, I'd say 50%. You know, from the jealous uncle, to the jealous landlord, to the jealous mates. The list is endless.

3. The sincere: This set of people actually care about the uncertainty of the MMM scheme, and their warnings are borne out of an honest desire not to see people lose their money. The banks, the government, and some religious people are sure not here. This is the 10% group. Bless them.

There's another group that I don't even know where to place them. The Religious Group. They say God told them that people who invested in MMM had their names struck out of the Book of Life. Liars they are. God told them nothing! And they would not go unpunished after using God's name in vain.

It is sinful to desire to see the downfall of others so you can say, "I told you". That's Satan's way of doing things, not God. Never God.

Furthermore, there are several reasons for feeling restrained from participating in anything. It could be God, your spirit, level of exposure, experience, etc. As a believer, please, if you aren't sure of which, do not pin an unrelated scripture to it and say "God said..." Rather, tell the truth and leave it at that.

Finally, I hope the scheme comes up in January -- it should actually -- so that people can pull their money.

Writer: Eke Diligence.

Nice write-up! Sincerely, people's money would always be in MMM because more people have to provide help before the current investors can get help. So certainly some people's money would get stuck in it. That is how ponzi scheme works
Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by Ugosample(m): 12:23am On Dec 16, 2016
maxwell60:
ALL OF YOU THAT ARE HAPPY THAT MMM FROOZE ALL PARTICIPANTS MAVRO, YOUR PROBLEM IS IGNORANCE AND JEALOUSY. NOT THAT YOU CARE FOR THOSE THAT ARE AFFECTED
1.YOU ARE JEALOUS BECAUSE, YOUR NEIGHBORS
WHO ARE MMM PARTICIPANTS ARE NOW BETTER
THAT YOU BECAUSE OF MMM.
1.YOU ARE IGNORANT BECAUSE, YOU KNOW NOTHING
ABOUT HOW MMM WORKS, AND YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT
THE WORD "CRASH" MEANS. YOU ARE HAPPY THAT MMM
HAVE "CRASHED" ACCORDING TO YOU GUYZ, AND YOU FORGOT
THAT NIGERIA STARTED CRASHING FROM 2013. ONE EGG TODAY, IS NOW
50 NAIRA I WONDER WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOU GUYZ BY 2017 YOU
GUYZ SHOULD BE CONCERNED ABOUT HOW BUHARI IS GOING TO BRING
YOU GUYZ OUT OF POVERTY NEXT YEAR IF HE CAN, NOT WHAT HAPPENED TO OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY, NIGERIA IS THE FASTEST DYING COUNTRY IN AFRICA RIGHT NOW
IN FACT IT IS NIGERIA THAT HAVE CRASHED NOT MMM. I BELIEVE THE PEOPLE THAT INVESTED ON MMM WERE AWARE OF THE RISKS THAT WAS INVOLVED. IT IS THIER BUSINESS NOT OURS. WHAT IF MMM RETURN BY JAN 2017 AS THEY SAID, WON'T YOU BE
ASHAMED? PEOPLE STARTED JOINING MMM BECAUSE OF THE BAD ECONOMY WHICH THE
GOVERNMENT IS DOING NOTHING ABOUT. MAY GOD SAVE NIGERIA.

What is this one talking about
Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by Basalt(m): 12:50am On Dec 16, 2016
Seun:

But their money is not in MMM. Their money has been given away to participants who joined MMM earlier than them, including the organizers of MMM and the top guiders who withdrew millions just before MMM crashed. The money you see when you log into the MMM website does not exist anywhere. It's not in any bank account. It's just numbers on a computer, which is no better than your likes on Nairaland. If MMM is reactivated in January, everyone will immediately try to get help and and it won't work because nobody would be stupid enough to provide help.

Sometimes I wonder the kind of human being you are.
You hate God.
You hate MMM.

Seun what is actually your problem?
All these your attitude is what is drawing you back.
Look at Linda ikeji, soaring bigger and higher and you are here commenting at every Post.

Seun you really need to work on your self and grow up

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by RobinHez(m): 12:57am On Dec 16, 2016
Overhead a student today saying he invested the school fees his dad gave him in MMM.

1 Like

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by Selfhood: 3:48am On Dec 16, 2016
Synthase:

There is God in everything we are doing... highest order hypocrisy, small time now you will say people are investing where they are not ready to work, so you seriously think creating a stupid blog or website posting rubbish news and attempt to lure people for traffic as your mentor here on nairaland is doing with this MMM palaver is actually hard work? One would think it is borne out of concern for MMM subscribers alas! It is all for traffic.

It is well.

1 Like

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by Panshow(m): 3:53am On Dec 16, 2016
ekanDamie:
I stopped in early November cos I would have been stupid to pledge in december
people like me also affected the system cos if we pledged the PH would have Rose up

but I was not overly scared of it crashing as to why I did not provide help. crashing is inevitable for MMM cos they spent people's money too much to prove a point that MMM is here to stay.
d real reason I stopped was guilty conscience. that wen MMM finally crashes,all my proceeds will be from new people who obviously may b broke and just wanna help themselves. I gained only 80k from MMM in 2 months.

please, if u are stranded now as a result of d 80k I collected, please forgive me, it's just that,there is no one in particular I can ever return the money to.
I sincerely love your honesty. God bless you Brother.
Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by Madeu(m): 7:04am On Dec 16, 2016
Seun:

Nigerians are quite smart. You can trick them for a short time, but once their eyes are opened, they won't fall for the same trick a second time.

When it comes to get-rich-quick syndrome Nigerians are really gullible. Something similar to MMM occured years back. Yet we fell for it.

https://www.nairaland.com/129584/goldshield-network
Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by Kobicove(m): 8:31am On Dec 16, 2016
valdovas:

I know many ordinary participants and guiders that have pledged to provide help on the site even before the temporary freeze and their pledge is still upstanding on the site even when they can easily withdraw it and cancel it.

Personally I will provide help to others, no matter how small, God wiling, because I don't want to see people lose money.

Father Christmas!

Now clap for yourself undecided
Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by hartson(m): 5:40pm On Dec 16, 2016
RobinHez:
Overhead grin grin a student today saying he invested the school fees his dad gave him in MMM.
learn to cross check your words and sentences before you click submit
Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by Nobody: 10:46pm On Dec 16, 2016
my neighbour as been in his toilet 4 d past 6 hrs, saying he will come out january 13(hopefully)

getting down stairs to see another of my neighbour knocking at his door 4 d pass 2 hrs, and he stays alone..should i go and tell him he is nt around?

Mmm will definetely come back,if nt the number of mad souls will increase..(Mavrodians)
Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by Hiploko(m): 10:58pm On Dec 16, 2016
Can you people talking against MMM shamefully get busy?? Same thing happened to Ultimate Cycler and you guys littered Nairaland saying it has crashed. Today it came back 200 times better than it was. Leave MMM alone... Leave it for the participants.. Get busy... Anti MMM stupids talks are getting stale.. Mind your business. Get a life... MMM rocks..
Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by RealityShot: 2:53am On Dec 17, 2016
Hiploko:
Very stupid anti-MMM people...
NEW DIGITAL PRODUCTS WEBSITE!

join now and start making N50,000 or more
From each business center for life!

How?
BUY one info product for only N12,500
Sell it non stop to as many as you can
For the same N12,500
(but really you only have to sell to one person)

See my signature below for link
Yes.. You need to use the link join :-D
JOIN ME ON WHATSAPP TOO
THANKS
Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by Gbengageorge: 7:44pm On Dec 18, 2016
Tell the busybody to wait till January.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Mistake Was December Frozen #MMM / 10 Questions For MMM Subscribers (Mavrodians) / The Truth About MMM (Video By Adeola Fayehun)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.