Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup (6563 Views)

Sunday Oliseh, Invites 23 Players For Tanzania Match / Players Nigeria Should Never Loss To Other Countries Right Now! / Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by DisGuy: 9:14pm On Nov 17, 2009
Bloody hell how old is KANU?

I cant believe some people are doubting YAK coming back from injury and playing regular-who still has about a year or so before the world cup! He should be fit before next year

You guys are actually including Kanu who is fit cant get regular games,definately past it,
they say David James needs 2 days rest after every game but Kanu needs a week
rest after every 20minutes as a sub!

Kanu should go but as a coach or one oft hose bloody committees the govt pay for!
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:45pm On Nov 17, 2009
Disguy, the issue is present continous, right now he is off the boil. If he regains his form of course and thats a big if(http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/sep/25/david-moyes-everton-yakubu-ayegbeni) he will be in the 23, but so also i think will Anichebe who is running him close and gives us other options. Also I have issues with his big man football, poor team contribution consider his manager David Moyes's comments http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2558/news/2009/09/29/1530969/everton-boss-david-moyes-asks-yakubu-for-more-contribution.

Once the word If is introduced I would ask the NFF to consider inviting Shola Ameobi, Nedum Onuoha and Dennis Aogo and see what they can contribute, as it is these guys played under 21 football for England and Germany respectively and under the new rules they can play for Nigeria. ( the only issue holding the NFF no egunje for anybody)
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by becomrich15: 5:28am On Nov 18, 2009
If the world cup was to be tomorrow , this are the player i think should go to the world cup. They should drop kanu. No space on the team for him. we go with our best .

1)  Enyeama
2)  Ejide
3)  Aiyenugba

4)  Yobo
5)  Adeleye
6)  Taye Taiwo
7)  Shittu
8.) Apam
9)  Odiah
10) Adefemi

11) Mikel
12) Ajilore
13) Olofinjana
14) Ayila
15) Kalu Uche
16) Kaita
17) Nwaneri

18) Martins
19) Yakubu
20) Odemwingie
21) Ike Uche
22) Obasi
23) Nsofor
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by youngbest(m): 9:41am On Nov 18, 2009
kalu uche is a striker
check out his league stats aas a striker its really impressive
yakubu is uselss i repeat uselesssssss
replace him wit nsofor
tell olofinjana byeee
he is too old
call up etuhu for oolofinjana,
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by Nezan(m): 12:23pm On Nov 18, 2009
I think a big chunk of our problem is in who coaches the team in SA. Shuaibu is definately not competent enough.
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by Sagamite(m): 1:27pm On Nov 18, 2009
Nezan:

I think a big chunk of our problem is in who coaches the team in SA. Shuaibu is definately not competent enough.

Present you points on this assertion on this thread and lets see what they are:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-353116.0.html
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by aaidel(m): 3:44am On Nov 19, 2009
kai must i chop off olofinjana's legs before they stop calling him up a player that adds nothing to the team and is no where to be found 80% of the time the other 20% he spends making useless runs upfront abeg its better they call up rabiu ibrahim or some other player
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by Olaolufred(m): 9:31am On Nov 19, 2009
For Shuaibu Amodu, I will choose my Team.

For Guus Hiddink, He can choose his Team.

This thing can not be based on Try-by-Error.

You must really know what you are doing b4 you can be relied upon.

For me, I can trust Hiddink's decision more than that of Kalokalo coach.
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by Sagamite(m): 10:39am On Nov 19, 2009
aaidel:

kai must i chop off olofinjana's legs before they stop calling him up a player that adds nothing to the team and is no where to be found 80% of the time the other 20% he spends making useless runs upfront abeg its better they call up rabiu ibrahim or some other player

Some of you know nothing about football but yet you want to comment.

You obviously don't know the difference between defensive and offensive midfield.
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by Sagamite(m): 10:40am On Nov 19, 2009
Olaolufred:

For Shuaibu Amodu, I will choose my Team.

For Guus Hiddink, He can choose his Team.

This thing can not be based on Try-by-Error.

You must really know what you are doing b4 you can be relied upon.

For me, I can trust Hiddink's decision more than that of Kalokalo coach.

Probably he would have needed your help against Slovenia.
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by semid4lyfe(m): 1:08pm On Nov 19, 2009
Sagamate, u dey mind all these soccer illiterates. Even becomerich yarns more 'soccer sense' than them.

Guus Hiddink ko, Musa Abdullahi ni

Nonsense!
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by Olaolufred(m): 9:50am On Nov 20, 2009
Guus Hiddink

Appointed coach of PSV, leading them to their European Cup win in his first full season in charge as well as claiming three consecutive Eredivisie titles. (1987).

1996: Led Holland to Euro 96. Sent Edgar Davids home after clashing with the midfielder. The team were knocked out by France on penalties in the quarter-finals.

1998: Led Holland to the semi-finals of the World Cup where they were beaten by Brazil. Resigned as Holland coach soon after.

2002 joint hosts South Korea and was initially criticised for not giving the job his full attention.

2002: Led South Korea, who had never previously won a World Cup game, to the semi-finals with victory over Spain in the quarters. Eventually beaten by Germany.

Appointed coach of PSV for a second time, winning three more league titles and leading them to a Champions League semi-final.

2005: Appointed manager of Australia, taking them to the World Cup finals courtesy of a play-off victory over Uruguay.

2006: Took Australia, who had never previously won a World Cup game, through the group stages of the World Cup finals in Germany before being beaten 1-0 by Italy in the second round thanks to a controversial penalty in the final minute of extra-time.

2008: March - Signed a new contract to lead Russia to the 2010 World Cup.
June - Led Russia to the semi-finals of Euro 2008 with a run which included victory over Holland in the quarters, before losing to eventual champions Spain.

2009: February 10 - Emerges as Chelsea's number one target to lead the team on a permanent basis - and is granted permission to talk to the Stamford Bridge club by the Russian Football Union.

February 11 - Appointed as Chelsea manager until the end of the season.
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by Olaolufred(m): 9:55am On Nov 20, 2009
Posted by: semid4lyfe
Insert Quote
Sagamate, u dey mind all these soccer illiterates. Even becomerich yarns more 'soccer sense' than them.

Guus Hiddink ko, Musa Abdullahi ni

Nonsense!

semid4life,

thanks for the ability to know who is Literate or Illiterate with your " Illiterometer"

However, to prove that you are the icon on football matters, bring in your points why Shuaibu is fit for the Job.

However, not only Hiddink is qualified for the Job.

But i think Hiddink's record should be the Minimum.

Thanks for understanding.
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by Virgo83(m): 10:33am On Nov 20, 2009
I care not for which other layers should be among the list, I am definitely sure Osaze Odemwingie but be the No 1 on the list,
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by semid4lyfe(m): 11:31am On Nov 20, 2009
@ Olaolufred

This thread is for the 23 players to take to the world cup and not to debate whether Amodu or some1 else should lead the S.E to the world cup. Drop your 23 players and most likely 1st 11 and lets debate the merits, demerits, formation, tactics, style of play to be adopted in a football match using these players 'Mr I will choose my team for Amodu'.

I'm waiting patiently~~~~~~~?
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by Sagamite(m): 12:19pm On Nov 20, 2009
Olaolufred:

Guus Hiddink

Appointed coach of PSV, leading them to their European Cup win in his first full season in charge as well as claiming three consecutive Eredivisie titles. (1987).

1996: Led Holland to Euro 96. Sent Edgar Davids home after clashing with the midfielder. The team were knocked out by France on penalties in the quarter-finals.   

1998: Led Holland to the semi-finals of the World Cup where they were beaten by Brazil. Resigned as Holland coach soon after. 

2002 joint hosts South Korea and was initially criticised for not giving the job his full attention.   

2002: Led South Korea, who had never previously won a World Cup game, to the semi-finals with victory over Spain in the quarters. Eventually beaten by Germany.

Appointed coach of PSV for a second time, winning three more league titles and leading them to a Champions League semi-final.   

2005: Appointed manager of Australia, taking them to the World Cup finals courtesy of a play-off victory over Uruguay.   

2006: Took Australia, who had never previously won a World Cup game, through the group stages of the World Cup finals in Germany before being beaten 1-0 by Italy in the second round thanks to a controversial penalty in the final minute of extra-time.   

2008: March - Signed a new contract to lead Russia to the 2010 World Cup.   
June - Led Russia to the semi-finals of Euro 2008 with a run which included victory over Holland in the quarters, before losing to eventual champions Spain.   

2009: February 10 - Emerges as Chelsea's number one target to lead the team on a permanent basis - and is granted permission to talk to the Stamford Bridge club by the Russian Football Union.

February 11 - Appointed as Chelsea manager until the end of the season.

Let me help you complete your profile as you seem to have missed out something.

Guus Hiddink: Failed to qualify for the WC by not being able to beat SloveniaI bolded it with Russia that has the likes of Arshavin, Pavlyuchenko and Akinfeev.

Amodu's profile is very simple and short.

Shaibu Amodu:
Qualified for WC, has only ever lost 1 game in 29 competitive outing as coach of Nigeria.
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by Olaolufred(m): 12:35pm On Nov 20, 2009
QUALIFIED WHO?

WITH STATE OF EMERGENCY ON HIM?

DO YOU KNOW THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS DRAFTED INTO PTF WHEN AMODU LOST IDEA?

IT IS DEFINITELY NOT SHUAIBU THAT QUALIFY US FOR WORLD CUP.

GOD MADE US QUALIFY USING PTF, AND NIGERIAN.

IF YOU SAY HE(AMODU) SHOULD GO TO THE W/C
I REST MY CASE.
BUT NEVER YOU COMPLAIN IF HE NEVER WIN A MATCH.
AMODU FANS.
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by Olaolufred(m): 12:38pm On Nov 20, 2009
SEMID4LIFE,

WHERE IS YOUR LIST OF 23 PLAYERS?

YOU DIDN'T HAVE ANY.

WHY CAN'T YOU REMOVE THE LOG IN UR EYES

B4 SEEING THE SPECK IN ANOTHER'S EYES.
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by Sagamite(m): 12:59pm On Nov 20, 2009
Olaolufred:

QUALIFIED WHO?

WITH STATE OF EMERGENCY ON HIM?

DO YOU KNOW THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS DRAFTED INTO PTF WHEN AMODU LOST IDEA?

IT IS DEFINITELY NOT SHUAIBU THAT QUALIFY US FOR WORLD CUP.

GOD MADE US QUALIFY USING PTF, AND NIGERIAN.

IF YOU SAY HE(AMODU) SHOULD GO TO THE W/C
I REST MY CASE.
BUT NEVER YOU COMPLAIN IF HE NEVER WIN A MATCH.
AMODU FANS.

Ah, I see. grin grin grin grin grin

No be even PTF qualify us, na Pastor Joshua! cheesy
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by semid4lyfe(m): 2:16pm On Nov 20, 2009
@ Olaolufred
You're obviously one of those 'lazy' Nairalanders who click on the reply button of a thread without reading through the posts of others otherwise you wouldn't have missed my post. FYI, I was the 1st person to drop my 23 man list/starting 11 in response to the thread after Sagamite. Here is the link to the first page of this thread where I posted my list.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-352170.0.html

Just in case, Semid4lyfe is the same person as Semid. I had lost my forum posting privileges as semid4lyfe cos of an altercation in the politics section and I had to resort to posting with my second id -  Semid (I guess you were too blind to see the Semid=Semid4lyfe part). BTW, I just got my posting privileges as semid4lyfe back yesterday.

Enough about me, please, no more 'Obiter dictum', post your list lets see.

Still waiting but rather impatiently this time ~~~~~~?

@ Sagamite,
You dey mind the yeye guy. He's obviously one of those Idumota spareparts dealers who listens to Brilla FM all day & worships Larry Izamoje. Yeye, Shioor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Golden Eaglets To Face The Host Tanzania In Group A U17 Afcon / Download Current Wwe Matches In Hd To Ur Phone / See What Happened In Merrybet Shop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.