Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,506 members, 7,826,909 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup (6575 Views)

Sunday Oliseh, Invites 23 Players For Tanzania Match / Players Nigeria Should Never Loss To Other Countries Right Now! / Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by delagasky(m): 2:49pm On Nov 16, 2009
From ur latest list, i'd readily leave out Olofinjana----he hasnt proven himself in the last 18 months to warrant my inclusion, Odiah----if we were playing a 5 man midfield, yes he'd be there, but the guy just seems to be a beta attacker than defender to me!!!, Aiyegbeni-----his goal scoring record aside, i dont think we need a second referee!! grin
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by semid(m): 2:53pm On Nov 16, 2009
? ? ?
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by semid(m): 2:55pm On Nov 16, 2009
Sagamite, so u actually prefer Odiah to Yusuf Mohammed & Adefemi? And u're going to play Kaita and Olofinjana together in midfield? And in your 2nd option u're contemplating playing Taiwo as 11? Na wa for u o!

This your team is just too defensive for my liking. The best result I see ur team getting in the world cup is a 0-0 scoreline and u know where that will get u, abi?
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by 2tait: 3:05pm On Nov 16, 2009
The list of 23 players sucks!

I do not see anything inspiring about the selection. In fact with that list, my faith in the team is beginnig to wane.

Maybe we should get a good coach to support Amodu. Maybe we should introduce new/hungry players.
Nigerians said their U-17 players are over-aged. FIFA President said the oldest player was 18 including Chukwudi.

Maybe we should introduce Chukwudi, Emmanuel, Goal keeper Paul, Ajagun, Azeez, and Okoro, Chrysanthus, Goal Keeper Ajiboye. AND MYSELF!
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by bigrod1: 3:09pm On Nov 16, 2009
[size=16pt]
Sagamite:

First option

Enyeama

Odiah                                      Yobo                                         Adeleye                                       Echiejile

Olofinjana                                                         Kaita

Mikel

(front 3 can interchange and rotate positions)
                  Odems                                                                                                          Obasi

Ike Uche

THE PROBLEM I  HAVE WITH UR LINE ARE THOSE HIGHLIGHTED.

IKE UCHE IS TOO SMALL FOR MODERN DAY DEFENDERS(JUST IMAGINE JOHN TERRY  OR ALEX  VS IKE UCHE).WHAT D Bleep IS OLOFINJANA DOING IN OUR NATIONAL TEAM.WHY OBAFEMI AND YAKUBA NO DEY UR FIRST 11?U BE SIASIA WEY DEY FEAR STARS?
[/size]
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by Sagamite(m): 3:10pm On Nov 16, 2009
semid:

Sagamite, so u actually prefer Odiah to Yusuf Mohammed & Adefemi? And u're going to play Kaita and Olofinjana together in midfield? And in your 2nd option u're contemplating playing Taiwo as 11? Na wa for u o!

This your team is just too defensive for my liking. The best result I see your team getting in the world cup is a 0-0 scoreline and u know where that will get u, abi?

I have only seen 15 mins of Yusuf so far and Odiah is definately better than Adefemi.

Kaita would be hungry and is a workaholic that can defend helping out when wingbacks go forward.

Olofinjana is a quiet operator that just intercepts and listen to instructions at the risk of losing personal glory.

Taiwo has proven to be a liability in defence but useful in attack. With is dribbling skills and willingness to take a man on, pace, powerful shot and left-footedness I think we should start considering trying him on the left midfield where we lack a owner.

The first option is attacking with 3 strikers. The second is defensive with hope for individual briliance/instinct or set piece goal.
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:12pm On Nov 16, 2009
Sagamite, who is our No. 1, in form striker as it stands, my opinion Martins Obafemi , and you exclude him in your formation? Without obagol we would not be having this discussion.

To compete with the best at world cup level you need a cohesive team and at least 3/4 world class players from defence – Midfield – Attack
Yobo is world class, Adeleye, Echiejile are just average and we have better options to consider if we can get them Nedum Onouha(Man city) and Aogo (Hamburg)need to be enticed to play for us.

Mikel Obi is world class, might have an attitude issue but when on form he is world class. Options we need new proven faces Kaita again is average, I actually rate Ekpo more than him. Suggestions ?

Obagol is world class no doubt, Uche is good and Osaze is very good his attitude is first rate. Yakubu is very good if fit, however, I don’t like his attitude (big man) was a liability in last game did not back track and maybe football age don begin catch am.

Manager/ Coach Amodu is a non- starter, inept, clueless, visionless and tactically incompetent . Options get Frank Rijkaard he has a point to prove, has been flogged with the whip of racial discrimination in Holland and he is a 9Ja at heart.
If you leave Amodu it’s like a blind man leading people with eyes.
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by Sagamite(m): 3:12pm On Nov 16, 2009
big rod:

THE PROBLEM I  HAVE WITH your LINE ARE THOSE HIGHLIGHTED.

IKE UCHE IS TOO SMALL FOR MODERN DAY DEFENDERS(JUST IMAGINE JOHN TERRY  OR ALEX  VS IKE UCHE).WHAT D Bleep IS OLOFINJANA DOING IN OUR NATIONAL TEAM.WHY OBAFEMI AND YAKUBA NO DEY your FIRST 11?U BE SIASIA WEY DEY FEAR STARS?

Are you still struggling in listing YOUR first 11?
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by Sagamite(m): 3:23pm On Nov 16, 2009
komekn:

Sagamite, who is our No. 1, in form striker as it stands, my opinion Martins Obafemi , and you exclude him in your formation? Without obagol we would not be having this discussion.

To compete with the best at world cup level you need a cohesive team and at least 3/4 world class players from defence – Midfield – Attack
Yobo is world class, Adeleye,  Echiejile are just average and we have better options to consider if we can get them Nedum Onouha(Man city) and Aogo (Hamburg)need to be enticed to play for us.

Mikel Obi  is world class, might have an attitude issue but when on form he is world class. Options we need new proven faces Kaita again is average, I actually rate Ekpo more than him. Suggestions ?

Obagol is world class no doubt, Uche is good and Osaze is very good his attitude is first rate. Yakubu is very good if fit, however, I don’t like his attitude (big man) was a liability in last game did not back track and maybe football age don begin catch am.

Manager/ Coach Amodu is a non- starter, inept, clueless, visionless and tactically incompetent . Options get Frank Rijkaard he has a point to prove, has been flogged with the whip of racial discrimination in Holland and he is a 9Ja at heart.
If you leave Amodu it’s like a blind man leading people with eyes.

I would disagree.

Ike was No.1 til he got injured.

Yakubu is No.1 of all time in this squad in number of goals. He is one of the highest goal scorers in the Premiership.

And Martins can make a lot of impact coming off the bench. A defender that has got used to the rythm of marking Yakubu's slow, body strength football in a particular game would struggle when Martins pace and hush-hush football is introduced (that is if Yakubu has not banged in one yet).

Kaita seems to be the only quality strictly DM we have at present.
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by bouguoer: 4:03pm On Nov 16, 2009
Mr Sagamite please note that at the senior level of the world cup ,24 players are usually listed instead of 23 list.
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by Sagamite(m): 4:25pm On Nov 16, 2009
bouguoer:

Mr Sagamite please note that at the senior level of the world cup ,24 players are usually listed instead of 23 list.

No be 23?
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:34pm On Nov 16, 2009
Sagamite, the term I used is now present and continuous, Yakubu is not one of the top goal scorers, he was two seasons ago, right now he has a lot to prove.

OBAGOL pedigree Inter, Newcastle and Wolfsburg 4 games played in Bundesliga 4 goals scored. (He is also contending with the Bundesliga’s top goal scorer in his team Brazilian Grafite)

Ikechukwu Uche, pedigree Getafe and Real Zaragoza, 2 games played no goals.

Kaita lacks vision and cannot turn defense into attack, he simply is not good enough, and Olonfinjana is too slow. I think we have to look at the local league and elsewhere. Etuhu, Ajilore, Ayila and I would like to see Ekpo (US league) as well as Lukman, Okonkwo in a few friendlie’s. There was this guy from Edo state playing in E. Europe played last nations cup against Ghana he seemed quite good, what's happening to him now any idea?
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by semid(m): 4:43pm On Nov 16, 2009
Komekn, lets keep the 23 man list to players who have commited to play for Nigeria and exclude those who are still torn between Nigeria & some other countries.

@ all
The typical Nigerian mentality of criticizing without providing solutions is on display over here. The thread says drop ur 23 players -so far only very few of us have complied - Sagamite and I have even taken it a step further to list our 1st 11 but the rest of u guys are just criticizing our list without posting yours.

POST UNA LIST MAKE WE SEE or are u'all just good at criticizing? After, una go dey criticize Amodu's starting 11. Yeye people. Shioor!

@ Sagamite
I agree Taiwo is a liability in defence but I'll never consider him for any position apart from left back when there are natural strikers who can easily be adapted to play from the left wing e.g Nsofor, Ogbuke etc. besides this two have good dribbling abilities and pack a decent shot on both legs unlike the one-legged Taiwo. Bottom line - Taiwo will serve as cover for Echiejile incase of injury. I may bring him in for a player in the last minute of a knockout match just to come & play penalty though.

On Yakubu starting and Martins coming in from the bench- I'm of the opinion a coach should start with his best players always. Even if Martins were to be on the bench, I'll start with Ogbuke and not Yakubu.

If u have seen only 15 minutes of Yusuf Mohammed, then u haven't been following the S.Eagles closely. The guy played most of the matches in the 1st round of the WC qualifiers and IMO, he's better than Odiah and Adefemi.

I feel your point ön Olofinjana though. The guy does his job quietly but I need some1 who is more adventurous and outgoing & who isn't just satisfied with passing to other players (e.g reminds me of Mikel in Chelsea - Essien scores goals even when he's played as DM. Why doesn't Mikel?) & therefore Ajilore edges him slightly to the DM position cos of the extra bite he brings to the team in my 1st 11.
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:13pm On Nov 16, 2009
Semid, Yusuf Mohammed is and still looks a good prospect, however, what will he be like against the creme de la creme will he freeze he needs to be exposed with a few good quality friendlies, as for now i think he is potential yet realised.

In respect of Nedum Onouha (Man city) and Aogo (Hamburg)they need to be enticed or rather convinced that we have a professional set up, we are talking diplomacy and professional presentation. Anonymity is great, shall I say I have been opportune and privileged to see NFF officials in action coming to see players premiership and present proposals. In a nutshell I think our approach from some of our guys in the glass house is just abysmal and a joke, they end up dissuading players as opposed to convincing them.

Aogo is very versatile and can play LB or LM, Nedum Onouha is probably the fastest defender in the premiership I once watched him hold down Torres,

Amodu is a non starter you just cannot overemphasise the importance of a manager, where would England be with S. McLaren nowhere with Capello the difference is clear yet the same players. Or imagine Arsenal without Wenger. Sorry Amodu just has to go, unless you want us to just make up the numbers.
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by marutimon: 5:27pm On Nov 16, 2009
Taye Taiwo is generally held as one of the best LBs in the world. He has been the best LB in France for two years running (A FACT) and is considered to be one of the top three LBs in the world. And he is not good enough for a starting place in a starless Nigerian side

You guys must be kidding me,

Btw. Apart from Taiwo no one in the Naija side has a clue on set pieces.
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:57pm On Nov 16, 2009
Marutimon, I think you are overrating your player, when we lost that goal in the dying minutes against Tunisia Taiye was on walk about, dereliction of duty and shares a part of the blame, the main culprit was Adeleye the left centre back.

When Mikel and Osaze had messed up the few set pieces we had against Kenya and were being indecisive about who should take it. Who hit the bar almost breaking it in two was that a shot or what ?

I actually think Taiye has the potential to be in the top five in the world, if he will read the game more, anticipate and concentrate fully, but for now he is great potential yet to be fully realised
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by marutimon: 6:14pm On Nov 16, 2009
komekn: It's not me thats overrating him. He has been voted the best left back 2 years running in France (France Football), has been the best left back in Africa for 2 years running (CAF) and has been on several lists of the best left backs in the world. A lot of people think he is the best LB in the world since Roberto Carlos.

Osaze is great, but he has nowhere near as good a foot as Taiwo in long range efforts. He may hit on goal once in a while, but Taiwo hits more often than not.

Taiwo has the same flaws as Carlos in that he can sometimes forget about defending. But still everyone rates Carlos as one of the best.
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by Sagamite(m): 6:27pm On Nov 16, 2009
komekn:

Sagamite,  the term I used is now present and continuous, Yakubu is not one of the top goal scorers, he was two seasons ago, right now he has a lot to prove. 

OBAGOL pedigree Inter, Newcastle and Wolfsburg 4 games played in Bundesliga 4 goals scored. (He is also contending with the Bundesliga’s top goal scorer in his team Brazilian Grafite)

Ikechukwu Uche, pedigree Getafe and Real Zaragoza, 2 games played no goals.

Kaita lacks vision and cannot turn defense into attack, he simply is not good enough, and Olonfinjana is too slow. I think we have to look at the local league and elsewhere. Etuhu, Ajilore, Ayila and I would like to see Ekpo (US league) as well as Lukman, Okonkwo in a few friendlie’s. There was this guy from Edo state playing in E. Europe played last nations cup against Ghana he seemed quite good, what's happening to him now any idea?

Yakubu has nothing to prove, that is why he is strolling back into the 1st team of Everton even though Saha is hot at the moment.

You can not use Martins current record to Judge expecially when Yak is just coming back from 8 month Injury and Uche just going into a long injury. By the end of the season I doubt it would stay the same way.

And in regards to pedigree, martins is below Yak in goal scoring. If you are talking about excitement that is a different thing. Being 3rd/4th striker in Inter does not make you superior to a No 1 striker in all the teams he has played in. That is like telling me some 3th/4th midfielder in Man U is better than Jay-jay because he plays in Bolton.

Kaita is solid from what I say in the Olympics and with 4 skillful players upfront (Mikel, Uche, Obasi and Odems) I wouldn't be worried if he can create or not. I would just be bothered about his defending and intercepting.
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by Sagamite(m): 6:38pm On Nov 16, 2009
semid:

Komekn, lets keep the 23 man list to players who have commited to play for Nigeria and exclude those who are still torn between Nigeria & some other countries.

@ all
The typical Nigerian mentality of criticizing without providing solutions is on display over here. The thread says drop your 23 players -so far only very few of us have complied - Sagamite and I have even taken it a step further to list our 1st 11 but the rest of u guys are just criticizing our list without posting yours.

POST UNA LIST MAKE WE SEE or are u'all just good at criticizing? After, una go dey criticize Amodu's starting 11. Yeye people. Shioor!

Abi o! undecided

semid:

@ Sagamite
I agree Taiwo is a liability in defence but I'll never consider him for any position apart from left back when there are natural strikers who can easily be adapted to play from the left wing e.g Nsofor, Ogbuke etc. besides this two have good dribbling abilities and pack a decent shot on both legs unlike the one-legged Taiwo. Bottom line - Taiwo will serve as cover for Echiejile incase of injury. I may bring him in for a player in the last minute of a knockout match just to come & play penalty though.

You have a point. But I will still experiment and try him in this role as I have seen him take on some rights back and made them sweat.

semid:

On Yakubu starting and Martins coming in from the bench- I'm of the opinion a coach should start with his best players always. Even if Martins were to be on the bench, I'll start with Ogbuke and not Yakubu.

Yakubu is the best.

semid:

If u have seen only 15 minutes of Yusuf Mohammed, then u haven't been following the S.Eagles closely. The guy played most of the matches in the 1st round of the WC qualifiers and IMO, he's better than Odiah and Adefemi.

You are right, I did not see any of the first round games. When I saw him against Moz in Abuja , I was like "who the Bleep is this? Explosive" until he got injured.

semid:

I feel your point ön Olofinjana though. The guy does his job quietly but I need some1 who is more adventurous and outgoing & who isn't just satisfied with passing to other players (e.g reminds me of Mikel in Chelsea - Essien scores goals even when he's played as DM. Why doesn't Mikel?) & therefore Ajilore edges him slightly to the DM position cos of the extra bite he brings to the team in my 1st 11.

I have only seen Ajilore play CM or OM so I would not trust him with DM.

I get your point about giving more but there is no one in SE that can deliver what you want, so I would rather work with what we have.
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by Sagamite(m): 6:43pm On Nov 16, 2009
marutimon:

Taye Taiwo is generally held as one of the best LBs in the world. He has been the best LB in France for two years running (A FACT) and is considered to be one of the top three LBs in the world. And he is not good enough for a starting place in a starless Nigerian side

You guys must be kidding me,

Btw. Apart from Taiwo no one in the Naija side has a clue on set pieces.

Bruv, you have been reading too much Complete Football.

Please cancel that subscription as those people dey lie. grin grin grin
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by semid(m): 8:53pm On Nov 16, 2009
@ Marutimon
Taiye Taiwo , the best LB in the world since Roberto Carlos? I laugh is 'swahili'. I can't believe u're mentioning the same Taiye Taiwo who those 'small boys' from Mexico were dribbling anyhow &turning 360 degrees in our friendly against them. It got so much & embarrasing for him that he plunged into an unnecessary challenge and conceded a penalty.

Without thinking, I can mention five left backs who are better.
- Ashley Cole, Patrice Evra, Abidal, Gael Clichy, Roma's Norwegian leftback (4gotten his name) etc.

Moreover, I'll rather play a leftback for his defensive qualities rather than just becos he can play freekicks. Besides his freekicks are one-dimensional (shots only) and less likely to result in goals unlike free kicks which are bent over the wall. Watch Koeman, Stoichkov (of old), Beckham (of present ) who were/is consistent with scoring freekicks and u'll realize this is true.
Besides Coaches have been known to adapt naturally right footed defenders who most times can use their left legs 'almost as well' as their right leg and they have done very well. e.g Siasia played Chibuzor Okonkwo (a home-based with Bayelsa United) at left back and he was faultless in our olympics campaign.
Guy, like Sagamite said stop reading complete sports and listening to Brilla FM.

@ Sagamite
The world cup is not a place for experimenting so Taiwo will certainly be confined to the bench in MY team. Moreover, playing 11 is not just about beating the opposing no 2 and crossing/squareplaying the ball. Can Taiye make those runs off the ball to free himself or set some other players free (dummy runr)? Can he cut inside instead of running parallel with the ball along the touchline all the time? (His normal game BTW ,goes to show that you can't teach an old dog new tricks) I don't think so! He'll be too predictable and easy for the opposing no 2 to neutralize. It's easier to convert an 11 into a 3 than a 3 into an 11, So I say NO to Taiwo on the outside left.

Like I said, it's a very thin line between Olofinjana or Ajilore so whoever starts depends on the opposition. I concede Olofinjana is actually better in DEFENDING than Ajilore but he adds little or nothing to my offensive play. Shey u dey try draw or u dey try win ni? Na so u take become champ for PS? Lol.

Yakubu is the best AFRICAN striker EVER in England but he's yet to make an impact in the S.Eagles unlike Martins, so Martins is it for me.

Finally, I have seen enough of Yusuf Mohammed and he has convinced me without a shadow of doubt he deserves the no 2 jersey. If Mohammed & Adefemi are injured, I'll go to Bayelsa United and pick Chibuzor Okonkwo instead of your Odiah. Forget his pro status, Chidi Odiah is simply not good enough to in the S.Eagles.

C'Est FiNIto!
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by Freiburger(m): 9:35pm On Nov 16, 2009
the poster is only posting his wish. but i'm so happy u will not descide who is going to south Africa.
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by mceeluther: 10:25pm On Nov 16, 2009
That's what we need right now if we are to perform better during the world cup. An african country can win it. Who knows maybe Nigeria

Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:46pm On Nov 16, 2009
Semid, Haba what are you saying that the Yak is better than Drogba please now, lets not get sentimental.

Sagamite the Yak is certainly and definitely not strolling into the first 11 at Everton, mostly being used as a sub, my query is can he come back from this Injury, he has already lost some pace and he just doesn’t contribute enough to the team performance. On Saturday he was doing Big man, compared to Obagol who ran back 40 yards overtaking a chasing midfielder and getting the tackle in that’s true commitment.
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by marutimon: 1:27am On Nov 17, 2009
Concerning Taiwo:
Yeah,  and all the soccer pundits in France are idiots,  and so are the clubs for rating him the second most expensive LB in the world,

Abidal is ok, but nothing special and is lacking in defence. Gael Clichy is top-class, but nowhere as good in creativity on the left.

Taye is an excellent tackler and please watch the French league for confirmation.

Another thing: Taye has a killer shot, but he has shown at times that he can also curl and place shots instead of just 'beating' the ball in. If you want a 'Stoichkov' type goal please see the second goal on the link below. Another thing that his power shots are killer and no one in the world can replicate them with any semblance of precision. ALso notice that Marseille employs a tactic where Taiwo lambasts the shots straight at the keeper and the shots are so strong that the keeper is unable to do anything but parry, so strikers just pounce on the dropped ball, Loads of goals are scored that way in the French premier leagie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xle920Ctq8o

And I'm sorry, but a left back which is left-footed will always excel over a right-footed one. He will also never train his foot to be good enough to even up the discrepancies.
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by Sagamite(m): 2:44am On Nov 17, 2009
marutimon:

Concerning Taiwo:
Yeah,  and all the soccer pundits in France are idiots,  and so are the clubs for rating him the second most expensive LB in the world,

Abidal is ok, but nothing special and is lacking in defence. Gael Clichy is top-class, but nowhere as good in creativity on the left.

Taye is an excellent tackler and please watch the French league for confirmation.

Another thing: Taye has a killer shot, but he has shown at times that he can also curl and place shots instead of just 'beating' the ball in. If you want a 'Stoichkov' type goal please see the second goal on the link below. Another thing that his power shots are killer and no one in the world can replicate them with any semblance of precision. ALso notice that Marseille employs a tactic where Taiwo lambasts the shots straight at the keeper and the shots are so strong that the keeper is unable to do anything but parry, so strikers just pounce on the dropped ball,  Loads of goals are scored that way in the French premier leagie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xle920Ctq8o

And I'm sorry, but a left back which is left-footed will always excel over a right-footed one. He will also never train his foot to be good enough to even up the discrepancies.

Mr, the second goal in the clip was a cross that entered the net.

After all you said, I still would not place TT in the top 3 LBs in the world. That is just far fetched in the era of Ashley Cole, Evra, Jankulovski, Lahm, Abidal, Riise.
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by Shooga27: 2:48am On Nov 17, 2009
SAGAMITE U MUST BE ON CHEAP DRUGS;YOU ARE SO DUMP YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT OBAFEMI MARTINS SENSELESSLY,DUMp!!
MARTINS IS D FASTEST PLAYER IN D NATIONAL TEAM,IS FLEXIBLE,DYNAMIC,RUGGED ,BRILLIANT GOAL PUNCHER TO CAP IT ALL GOOD TEAM PLAYER.
 HE  DESERVE TO BE IN SOUTH AFRICA;MORESO GREAT KANU THE KING, STOP IF NA JOKE,HE READS GAME MORE THAN ANYONE IN THE NATIONAL SQUAD,HE MIGHT BE A BIT WICK FOR NOW,PACE WISE,NIGERIANS KANU IS A TREAT TO ANY TEAM IN THE WORLD,WE NEED ENIGMATIC PLAYER LIKE HIM.
o SE.
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by airzzee(m): 3:30am On Nov 17, 2009
I WONDER Y WE'RE STILL THINKING THAT THESE GUYS HAVE ANY GOOD THING TO OFFER IN SA 2010. I BELIEVE IN THE REPORT BELOW FROM VANGUARD, WHICH AFFECTS AMODU TOO:

2010 WORLD CUP:Senators hail Eagles, demand Amodu’s sack
Nov 16, 2009
By Emmanuel Aziken, Abuja
Members of the Senate committee on Sports have expressed joy in Nigeria’s qualification for the 2010 FIFA World Cup but have called for a total overhaul of the team and its technical crew to enable a worthy outing in South Africa.
The committee members including Senators Ganiyu Solomon and Osita Izunaso were joined by some football buffs in the Senate chamber in appraising Nigeria’s qualification and potentials for the Football Mundial in 2010.
Senator Patrick Osakwe, proprietor of the now defunct Flash Flamingoes FC and Senator James Manager, erstwhile commissioner for Sports in Delta State were among the football aficionados in the Senate who echoed the call of members of the Senate committee on Sports.

“The team should be overhauled, we should think of promoting the U-20 to Super Eagles while injecting very few players. We shouldn’t take such lack luster team to South Africa as we should not forget that Nigeria is the leading football nation in Africa and so the whole world will be watching our performance,’’ Senator Izunaso told Sports Vanguard at the weekend.
Expressing dissatisfaction with the performance of the team even while lauding their qualification, Senator Manager asked that old and tired legs should be rested in favour of younger and faster players.
“I think what is important is to do a total overhauling, old players should be shown the way out even though we thank them for their contribution, but they should be asked to go so that we can look for young talented footballers,’’ Manager said.

In his own comment Senator Osakwe owner of the defunct Benin based Division One club, Flash Flamingoes FC said:
“We should get a good technical adviser because we are technically deficient, that is our problem and once that is done I think we should be ok. I am not insisting he should necessarily be a foreigner.’’
Senator Solomon while lauding the team for qualifying, however, put the qualification on luck, adding however, that luck would not count much at the Mundial.
”If we want to do well in South Africa, we would need more than luck so the issue of skill, organisation and early preparation must be emphasized,’’ Senator Solomon said.“As we speak everything that has to be done should start now.
We must work24/7 now. There is no room for respite because we have not done much with preparation.’’
Senator Solomon also noted that the technical crew must be overhauled to enable a satisfactory participation.
Senator Manager on his part also called for the abandonment of the politics of selecting players to reflect federal character.
“There should be no discrimination and there should be nothing like federal character. If all the players can come from a State and are the best to represent Nigeria they should be selected. The politics in the football industry must stop and anybody who can do us proud should be fielded.
This is the first time the football world cup is being hosted in Africa and the greatest country in Africa must be prepared for it,’’ he said.
The chairman of the Senate committee on sports, Senator Heineken Lokpobiri could not be reached as at the time of this report.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/11/16/2010-world-cupsenators-hail-eagles-demand-amodu%e2%80%99s-sack/
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by bigrod1: 10:17am On Nov 17, 2009
[size=16pt]
Shooga27:

[color=#000099]SAGAMITE U MUST BE ON CHEAP DRUGS;YOU ARE SO DUMP YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT OBAFEMI MARTINS SENSELESSLY,DUMp!![/color]MARTINS IS D FASTEST PLAYER IN D NATIONAL TEAM,IS FLEXIBLE,DYNAMIC,RUGGED ,BRILLIANT GOAL PUNCHER TO CAP IT ALL GOOD TEAM PLAYER.
HE DESERVE TO BE IN SOUTH AFRICA;MORESO GREAT KANU THE KING, STOP IF NA JOKE,HE READS GAME MORE THAN ANYONE IN THE NATIONAL SQUAD,HE MIGHT BE A BIT WICK FOR NOW,PACE WISE,NIGERIANS KANU IS A TREAT TO ANY TEAM IN THE WORLD,WE NEED ENIGMATIC PLAYER LIKE HIM.
o SE.

guy,behave.dont insult anyone.we are all guys (not babes).and saga doesnt deserve that cos he`s been mature in his analysis.

@poster,
my first 11------

enyeama
taye taiwo-esperience counts.its true dat he`s erratic(even world class left backs are.ask evra)
yobo(he is not world class abeg)
nwaneri(we are actually lacking in this position)
odiah

mikel
etuhu
kaita

obafemi martins
yakubu
odewingie
[/size]
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by delagasky(m): 1:55pm On Nov 17, 2009
@Semid,
I mentioned earlier tht for me, i cant think of as many of 11 players for now not to talk of 23 tht is worthy of wearing the Nigerian jersey!! the present crop i have seen in the last 2yrs or so dont seem patriotic enuff!! Call me wateva u like, but i don watch good football pass the leve wey our old papas dey play am!! i was hoping we wont qualify so dat i can be in SA watching other teams play without an bias, now i have these cowards to come and spoil my appetite
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:33pm On Nov 17, 2009
Bigrod, tell me the African defender that has won the most man of the match awards in the premiership?

Finally if we put aside man of the match awards you’ll find generally pundits will say it’s a toss up between Toure and Yobo, why do you think Wenger wanted to sign him if not for the politics that got in the way.

Do you still think Yobo is not world class? Without doubt our best defender by a long shot, and if you are still in disagreement who in Africa and the premiership is better?
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by prince224r: 6:35pm On Nov 17, 2009
My 11
Goalkeeper
Enyeama
Defenders
Odiah,Yobo,Adeleye,Taiwo
Midfield
Odewing,Mikel,Kaita,Nsofor
Strikers
Martins/Ike,Yakubu/Enearamo
Subs
Ejide,Ayenugba
Shittu,Apam,Elderson,Nwaneri,
Olofinjana,Kalu,Kanu,Ajilore
Ike,Enearamo
What do u think?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rollover Strategy (100% Working) / Live Game Is The Best, Follow Me To Win Everyday / 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.