Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,027 members, 7,956,802 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:22 PM

_______married Women Dressing Seductively___ Good To Do? Or Taboo? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / _______married Women Dressing Seductively___ Good To Do? Or Taboo? (5674 Views)

Reasons Why It's Good To Urinate After Sex / Is This A Taboo? / Taboo Relationships - Who Have You Dated On This List? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

_______married Women Dressing Seductively___ Good To Do? Or Taboo? by newakata(f): 11:17am On Nov 17, 2009
OPINIONS from the Naija and American perspective are welcomed on this.[/color]

I was raised to dress very modestly and homely as a single girl. By not flaunting the goods, then one must attract a man with other less-shallow qualities, like personality, intellect, work ethic, etc.

I was taught that dressing more sexy and seductively is a MUST for married women so as to keep her husband's eye from wandering - and reducing the inclination for the husband to cheat or take a second wife.

Not too long ago I found my husband had an indiscretion with a lady and looking back at it now I see that as I had been getting more involved in church, I was not dressing as alluring and sexy as i use to.

Unfortunately, to dress in tight clothes, or showing cleavage is met with skepticism and judgement from others who wonder why a married woman is dressing single. And strangers who don't know me- try to approach me, (hit on me/flirt) because they assume i am dressed to impress.

WHAT ARE YOU OPINIONS ABOUT THIS?
Are married women in Nigerian culture EXPECTED to dress differently than the single gals? [color=#000099]
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]I know most naija women dress nice and presentable. btu i am talking specifically about married ladies dressing SEXY- as if they were going to a night club, or as if they are single hoping to be toasted by some fine guy.
Re: _______married Women Dressing Seductively___ Good To Do? Or Taboo? by Godmother(f): 11:53am On Nov 17, 2009
newakata:

OPINIONS from the Naija and American perspective are welcomed on this.[/color]

I was raised to dress very modestly and homely as a single girl. By not flaunting the goods, then one must attract a man with other less-shallow qualities, like personality, intellect, work ethic, etc.

I was taught that dressing more sexy and seductively is a MUST for married women so as to keep her husband's eye from wandering - and reducing the inclination for the husband to cheat or take a second wife.

Not too long ago I found my husband had an indiscretion with a lady and looking back at it now I see that as I had been getting more involved in church, I was not dressing as alluring and sexy as i use to.

Unfortunately, to dress in tight clothes, or showing cleavage is met with skepticism and judgement from others who wonder why a married woman is dressing single. And strangers who don't know me- try to approach me, (hit on me/flirt) because they assume i am dressed to impress.

WHAT ARE YOU OPINIONS ABOUT THIS?
Are married women in Nigerian culture EXPECTED to dress differently than the single gals? [color=#000099]
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]I know most naija women dress nice and presentable. btu i am talking specifically about married ladies dressing SEXY- as if they were going to a night club, or as if they are single hoping to be toasted by some fine guy.

If you follow what the Nigerian culture expects from married women, then believe me girl you and IRO AND BUBA wont be too far from each other all the time. In dressing as a married woman, I believe you should keep too things in mind (one) dress to get respect that goes with your status as a married woman (two) dress to to attract and keep your husbands eyes on you.

Dressing to be beautiful doesnt mean you have to wear skimpy or revealing clothes. Once you are decently but beautifully dressed and men still hit on you, girl take that as a compliment as it means you are still hot in the game.
Some men will approach ANY women even pregnant ones undecided
Re: _______married Women Dressing Seductively___ Good To Do? Or Taboo? by SisiKill1: 11:59am On Nov 17, 2009
Dress in whatever you are comfortable in coz the truth is if a man can have Pamela Anderson, Jenna Jameson, Halle Berry and Megan Fox all rolled in one as his wife and he'll still stray.

There's no taming that beast and trying to is just an exercise in futility. My suggestion is that women should start making themselves happy and not burden themselves with the responsibility of making another adult happy. Your children? Yes. A grown ass man? Don't think so.
Re: _______married Women Dressing Seductively___ Good To Do? Or Taboo? by galatico(m): 1:08pm On Nov 17, 2009
I believe that married women should dress seductively, when I get married I expect my wife to keep dressing seductively not because she's married to me, that should make her feel like she's won a trophy and there is nothing to play for, in other to keep the man, she needs to dress to impress him, seductive dressing is not a taboo, am in support of that .
Re: _______married Women Dressing Seductively___ Good To Do? Or Taboo? by beefers(m): 1:14pm On Nov 17, 2009
it depends i feel i wife shld not change from who she b4 marriage a wife shld mantain her status because it may be that thing that u changed 4rm ur personality that made im luv u in the 1st place so its better u dont change 4rm who u her believe in urself.
Re: _______married Women Dressing Seductively___ Good To Do? Or Taboo? by ThoniaSlim(f): 1:25pm On Nov 17, 2009
beefers:

it depends i feel i wife shld not change from who she b4 marriage a wife shld mantain her status because it may be that thing that u changed 4rm your personality that made im luv u in the 1st place so its better u dont change 4rm who u her believe in urself.

Exactly!

@topic

Personally I do not intend to change the way I look after I'm married. . .

As long as my husband finds my dressing sexy and loves it. . .any other person who's got a problem with it can go jump off a cliff! cool
Re: _______married Women Dressing Seductively___ Good To Do? Or Taboo? by echobee(f): 2:09pm On Nov 17, 2009
it is good a married woman and a single lady should dress decently. because the bible said that a good name is better than silver or gold. i also want the singles and the married that this life we are living is for rent. and nothing we have is truly ours
Re: _______married Women Dressing Seductively___ Good To Do? Or Taboo? by airzzee(m): 2:57pm On Nov 17, 2009
HONESTLY. THERE IS NO DULL MOMENT IN NL. I FIND IT DIFFICULT TO WORK NOW READING POSTINGS & REPLIES. GOD DELIVER ME.

BACK, TO THE ISSUE. CULTURALLY SPEAKING, MARRIED WOMEN ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO WEAR THOSE 'LETHAL' SUBSTANCES. THEY ARE MEANT TO WEAR MODEST DRESSES. IN IGBO, 2-PIECE WRAPPER WITH HEAD SCARF; IN YORUBA, BUBA & SUCH STUFF; IN HAUSA, THAT OVERALL WITH THE FACE MASK.

BUT, WOMEN, BEING AS JEALOUS AS THEY WERE ORIGINALLY CREATED TO BE, DISCOVERED THAT THESE MODES OF DRESSING ARE NOT FAVOURING THEM, AS THEIR HUSBANDS STILL HAVE LUSTING EYES ON THE NEAR-NAKED YOUNG BABES. ARMED WITH THIS KNOWLEDGE & THE NEED TO COMPETE FAVOURABLY, WOMEN FELT IT SECURES THEM TO 'DRESS DOWN'.

ON WHETHER IT IS GOOD OR BAD, ONE THING IS CERTAIN. IT DEPENDS ON YOUR HUSBAND. IF YOUR HUSBAND LIKES IT, FIRE ON; IF HE DOESN'T, NO NEED TO CONTINUE. MORE SO, THERE IS NEED TO MENTION THAT THE WORLD TODAY IS A GLOBAL SETTING. EVERYTHING IS GOING GLOBAL & HIREWIRE, INCLUDING DRESSING. I THINK SOCIETY IS BEGINNING TO APPRECIATE THIS FACT TOO. I WRITE FROM NIGERIA, I LIVE IN NIGERIA, I HAVE SEEN NIGERIA IN AND OUT, SO I SPEAK WITH AUTHORITY.
Re: _______married Women Dressing Seductively___ Good To Do? Or Taboo? by selena(f): 3:05pm On Nov 17, 2009
I will dress seductively for my husband so that he will not look at other girls.
Re: _______married Women Dressing Seductively___ Good To Do? Or Taboo? by totorimi: 6:57pm On Nov 17, 2009
if i see a woman dressed seductively and I dont know she is married I will toast her she asked for it
Re: _______married Women Dressing Seductively___ Good To Do? Or Taboo? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 17, 2009
[size=58pt]Just because she's married doesn't mean she has to stop looking attractive![/size]
Re: _______married Women Dressing Seductively___ Good To Do? Or Taboo? by yme1(f): 7:19pm On Nov 17, 2009
@Gators
you took the words right out of my mouth
it is this same men that go after other girls thinking their wives are no longer attractive to them undecided
Re: _______married Women Dressing Seductively___ Good To Do? Or Taboo? by newakata(f): 5:58am On Nov 18, 2009
yea- my husband approves of it. He really likes it, and being a business man who travels - I can't afford to have any "plain jane" nun attire on when he's in town.
Re: _______married Women Dressing Seductively___ Good To Do? Or Taboo? by Princek12(m): 6:58am On Nov 18, 2009
You are welcome to do it, but remember that if her husband catches you he may use a mountain knife or cutlass to castrate you and fry your balls and give it to you to eat. Why must you do a married woman because she dresses seductively? Abeg sit down jare!

(1) (Reply)

Dear Future Husband / Meeting A Guy For The 1st Time And The Next Day He Calls Baby Or Sweetheart / Falling In Love With Someone You'v Not Seen.love Or Lust?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.