Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,486 members, 7,954,866 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:14 AM

Information On Volkswagen Bora - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Information On Volkswagen Bora (17433 Views)

I Need A Volkswagen Bora Engine / ''Engine Replacement, For Vw Bora'' / What Is Wrong With Volkswagen Bora Or Passat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Information On Volkswagen Bora by Trev(f): 2:19pm On Nov 24, 2009
I have also had mine for three years.

It is a strong and beautiful car to drive BUT,very expensive to maintain.Unlike other cars you would have to change all its parts instaed of reparing and that costs alot!. If your key should ever break,you are in for it because you would have to cut a key for like 4k -5k then have a chip reconfigured for the car to start and all the parts work.What i mean here is that the key has a micro chip inside which controls all the functions of the car so if the key gets missen,you would have to cough out 50-70k to have another re-programmed.

Boy! it is an expensive toy to have.
Re: Information On Volkswagen Bora by stede(m): 5:52am On Nov 25, 2009
nawa ooooooooooo undecided

1 Like

Re: Information On Volkswagen Bora by Abiel247: 10:55am On Nov 25, 2009
The VW Bora is really a sweet ride in my opinion. yes, its like a Golf MK IV but with a boot. As to it being "problematic", i think it all comes to maintenance. if you have a good mechanic like i do, u dont hv issues. the parts r not that expensive as compared to japanese cars i.e. i just changed my drive shaft for N6k while a friend using Honda Babyboy did d same for N10k.
Re: Information On Volkswagen Bora by cleric(m): 1:02am On Dec 07, 2009
E be like say the fear of the VW products is the beginning of wisdom in the autoworld, i be wan buy 1 but i no buy again.
Re: Information On Volkswagen Bora by Pappee: 12:47pm On Feb 04, 2010
Dear All,

I am interested in Bora/Jetta.  However, from the responses thus far i guess one must not go near a bora without a good mechanic beside you.  I am more concern with actual cost of maintanance in terms of repairs/replacement of parts.  let us compare with a toyota corolla for instance, how much is the headlamp, bumper, taillights, gear box, axle, alternator, radiator and other changeable or serviceable parts.

Please can somebody shed some light?

Pappee
Re: Information On Volkswagen Bora by mutura: 12:04pm On Sep 02, 2010
Where is your mechanic located and whats the contacts for this?
Re: Information On Volkswagen Bora by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 01, 2011
Re: Information On Volkswagen Bora by psalmz(m): 10:39am On Apr 26, 2015
I fixed a santana engine into my golf,works like crazy
Re: Information On Volkswagen Bora by psalmz(m): 10:39am On Apr 26, 2015
Meant my bora
Re: Information On Volkswagen Bora by Yeecar(m): 12:30am On Dec 14, 2015
mrofficial:

Does not imply to everyone. I use Volkswagen Bora. Though, i had problem with overheating, and i suffered much when i was giving the car to the wrong mechanics. Came a day when the Lord removed me from the wahala, I gave it to this man he assured me and told me that he'll have to change the fan, he changed the fan and he didn't put a Volkswagen fan, he put another fan entirely, cut the fan to the size of the car radiator. Now the temperature meter does not rise to 50, if it gets to 50 that's where it stops.

You might just have to fix 1 or 2 things to get the car working perfectly. Get the right mechanic!
please kindly give me the contact of a reliable mechanic for bora. thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Safe To Clean MAF Sensor With Methylathed Spirit? / The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know / Vespa Re-Brands, Redesigns Its Sei Giorni Scooter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.