Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,709 members, 7,837,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Nigerians Divided On Whether Ibori Should Be Prosecuted Upon Return To The Count - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Divided On Whether Ibori Should Be Prosecuted Upon Return To The Count (12434 Views)

Nigerians Divided Over Proscription Of IPOB / Audu Maikori Will Be Prosecuted - El-rufai / EFCC May Re-arrest And Prosecute Ibori On A 170-count Charge Upon Return From Pr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Divided On Whether Ibori Should Be Prosecuted Upon Return To The Count by btoks: 2:25pm On Dec 22, 2016
bakynes:

I agree with the guy you quoted let the FG leave him in peace. If not am sure another full scale pipeline bombings will resurface in the delta.

He has had alot of his money and assets seized so as compared to other politicians who stole us blindly and are still walking[b] free he has paid a small price for his crimes so just leave him alone in peace.
[/b]
So far all his cronies are still in the delta state govt including the current Governor, he will bounce back finiancially.

If there's evidence that he committed crime in Nigeria,then he needs to be tried and convicted in Nigeria.

There should be no sentiments with Justice
Re: Nigerians Divided On Whether Ibori Should Be Prosecuted Upon Return To The Count by brojoshua: 2:31pm On Dec 22, 2016
The spirit of Nigeria is the spirit of corruption, injustice, slavery and darkness. It not only Ibori that should be prosecuted for crimes of looting, padding, falsification of declaration of assets and similar corruption incidences but all those that are involved. In t nation that is corrupt where there is neither justice, or righteousness, or truth nor mercy, such a nation will continue to go down more more until the end of all things comes.
If Nigerians knew what is good for their peace and goodness and prosperity, our lives and nation would not have been like this.
But now it is not late if only we will change our ways and turn from the way of injustice , unrighteous , corruption and supporting corruption and the corrupt, to the good ways of justice, righteousness, truth and mercy, only then will things change for good for us. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Divided On Whether Ibori Should Be Prosecuted Upon Return To The Count by kennyhydee(m): 2:35pm On Dec 22, 2016
vickvilles:
some of us in this so called Niger Delta...d way we reason en can only be save by God...Delta State is in a mess right now because of Ibori...no single foreign investment in warri..graduates are unemployed...Delta State University is gradually going down and we all know the root of the problem..Ibori..and you celebrate him because he probably gave some of your families and the people of oghara goodies, and then he stole over 200 million dollars. and we welcome him like a hero..I have been in Lagos for weeks and their lights ain't going off . there's peace, law and good governance. let's rethink ooo and bycot sentiments. thank you.

U have spoken well, but u spoilt it by saying d lights ain't going off in Lagos, for where u wan c that one? Light in Lagos dey off wella grin, other than that u made mad sense!!
Re: Nigerians Divided On Whether Ibori Should Be Prosecuted Upon Return To The Count by grodt999: 2:36pm On Dec 22, 2016
Nigerians Divided
Since when did Nigerians decide anything in their lives apart from their own stupidity?

Get a life jare, Ibori matter is in the hands of Abba Kyari and Mamman Daura!
Re: Nigerians Divided On Whether Ibori Should Be Prosecuted Upon Return To The Count by billyG(m): 4:03pm On Dec 22, 2016
kai!Ozehkome & corrupt politicians are like....where is zuma sef.
Re: Nigerians Divided On Whether Ibori Should Be Prosecuted Upon Return To The Count by greatcrown: 4:17pm On Dec 22, 2016
The question is he guilty or not?

He pleaded guilty in UK and was convicted.

But he pleaded not guilty in Nigeria and was discharged and acquitted.

If UK govt could retried him for the offence Nigerian government had discharged and acquitted him, why can't Nigeria also try him now?

Moreover, govt needs to investigate the circumstances surrounding his initial acquittal in a Nigerian court. All connivance must be prosecuted.

In addition, the situation surrounding his escape from Nigeria beating all security forces needs to be investigated and those that aided his escape prosecuted.
Re: Nigerians Divided On Whether Ibori Should Be Prosecuted Upon Return To The Count by ghazab74(m): 4:56pm On Dec 22, 2016
Young03:
Please, who is Ibori?
Ibori is a veil .
Re: Nigerians Divided On Whether Ibori Should Be Prosecuted Upon Return To The Count by paulasca4real(m): 5:40pm On Dec 22, 2016
Pls make them leave ibori alone Na, Na only him steal? ??
Re: Nigerians Divided On Whether Ibori Should Be Prosecuted Upon Return To The Count by whizidude(m): 5:48pm On Dec 22, 2016
#I Stand with Ibori
Re: Nigerians Divided On Whether Ibori Should Be Prosecuted Upon Return To The Count by vickvilles(m): 6:18pm On Dec 22, 2016
kennyhydee:

U have spoken well, but u spoilt it by saying d lights ain't going off in Lagos, for where u wan c that one? Light in Lagos dey off wella grin, other than that u made mad sense!!
correct man but I'm glad you got d message..the problem Ibori had with the British Government brought an eye opener to other investors..now c delta state..I weep for our youths jare..sometimes I ask myself if they really want a way forward from this problem compare Delta state of 1991/and now and rivers state of 1991 and now
Re: Nigerians Divided On Whether Ibori Should Be Prosecuted Upon Return To The Count by vickvilles(m): 6:24pm On Dec 22, 2016
greatcrown:
The question is he guilty or not?

He pleaded guilty in UK and was convicted.

But he pleaded not guilty in Nigeria and was discharged and acquitted.

If UK govt could retried him for the offence Nigerian government had discharged and acquitted him, why can't Nigeria also try him now?

Moreover, govt needs to investigate the circumstances surrounding his initial acquittal in a Nigerian court. All connivance must be prosecuted.

In addition, the situation surrounding his escape from Nigeria beating all security forces needs to be investigated and those that aided his escape prosecuted.
my brother your head correct..celebrating an ex-governor like these despite what he did...Hmmmm Okowa will be like lemme take too Deltans will celebrate me too...don't get me wrong...he should be welcome home but not celebrated like a Hero...
Re: Nigerians Divided On Whether Ibori Should Be Prosecuted Upon Return To The Count by gevans(m): 8:59pm On Dec 22, 2016
Wat abt other criminals
Re: Nigerians Divided On Whether Ibori Should Be Prosecuted Upon Return To The Count by Codes151(m): 10:12pm On Dec 22, 2016
He steal passs Amaechi?
Re: Nigerians Divided On Whether Ibori Should Be Prosecuted Upon Return To The Count by bencarson007(m): 11:47pm On Dec 22, 2016
sunmike065:
he should be arrested upon arrival and face the case filed agaibst him here....if find guilty he should continue his prison tenure in Kuje.

If I slap you ehn,you go get sense. You see how stupid you are. Why don't you guys go and prosecute the likes of Tinubu and Amaechi,Buratai and that stupid buhari aid that collected 400m bribe from MTN or are they not looters also...I pray being biased don't kill you. Na my governor and don't ever dare to abuse him again...he worked for my state and did what the idiots that are currently in power could not do including that ur uncle buhari...

So STFU and sit down.
Re: Nigerians Divided On Whether Ibori Should Be Prosecuted Upon Return To The Count by bencarson007(m): 11:49pm On Dec 22, 2016
gevans:
Wat abt other criminals

Abeg help me ask them...
Re: Nigerians Divided On Whether Ibori Should Be Prosecuted Upon Return To The Count by bencarson007(m): 12:01am On Dec 23, 2016
harmbhrosz:
what stupid unrest? Nothing will happen and I as a Deltan supports his prosecution if found guilty

Where have you lived in delta that makes you a deltan? The fact that ur parents are deltans does not make u one...you are a fake deltan and a stupid one at that...did you see the state delta was in before Ibori entered office? Stop being stupid and following the crowd. E no go help you mofo...I dey vex for you.

STFU brother's killer
Why don't you go and prosecute Udaghan na or Tinubu or Buratai or Amaechi...
Shut and sit down mofo.
Ekpa...
Re: Nigerians Divided On Whether Ibori Should Be Prosecuted Upon Return To The Count by Arjeeni: 1:02am On Dec 23, 2016
In as much I like no corrupt fellow to go unfurnished I don't like anything to add to slow movement of this administration.
Ìbòrí should be left alone nemesis will soon catch up with him and he will be punish with a natural cause.

And for the Ibos I pity you, all your leaders are professional looters and you are celebrating them and you fighting for, a state of your own, who will be the founding fathers?

Nigeria is moving and very soon we will be at the promising land, the looters who think the country is not strong enough to bring them to book should not sleep with the two eyes closed, ogún a má seyo láti ehin nígbà míì.

Let there be no prosecution again, the ones at hand we don't know when the verdict will be passed on them.

Sadara

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Divided On Whether Ibori Should Be Prosecuted Upon Return To The Count by bencarson007(m): 6:04am On Dec 23, 2016
Codes151:
He steal passs Amaechi?

Help me ask them o...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Divided On Whether Ibori Should Be Prosecuted Upon Return To The Count by harmbhrosz(m): 7:23am On Dec 23, 2016
bencarson007:

Where have you lived in delta that makes you a deltan? The fact that ur parents are deltans does not make u one...you are a fake deltan and a stupid one at that...did you see the state delta was in before Ibori entered office? Stop being stupid and following the crowd. E no go help you mofo...I dey vex for you.

STFU brother's killer
Why don't you go and prosecute Udaghan na or Tinubu or Buratai or Amaechi...
Shut and sit down mofo.
Ekpa...
see this orwe wey dey talk, craze woman open breast for you bah, Na him come make your reasoning low like this, e no go better for that brother wey be thief, including Amaechi, Tinubu, Goodluck, Obasanjo IBORI, Uduaghan + you that claim to be a son of a thief, it won't be well with you all, I repeat a thief is not my brother,

Idiot like you, this same thief you want to die for is in London enjoying where the likes of a slowpoke (die-hard supporter) like yourself is in a dungeon planning the next crime to commit, very lazy set of people, look at warri, warri doesn't attract any sensible investment again when your Godfather was encouraging kidnapping of oyinbos for ransom....Shame on you. Na your generation go suffer am.

Go to school get a degree and be civil on how you'll make your region better not by supporting a thief and calling him your brother. even when you're not benefiting kobo from him or are you one of his thugs? Idiot, Na people like una make the country reach where e dey today... 13% derivatives dey enter Niger delta and nothing to show for it. The idiott go sidon for one corner dey wait for free oyel money. Go to school and work and stop being lazy because your generation will suffer it...

Idiot you people don't even have shame again, travel and leave that place you to go and see how people behave and how organised they are, werey.
Re: Nigerians Divided On Whether Ibori Should Be Prosecuted Upon Return To The Count by vickvilles(m): 5:48pm On Dec 23, 2016
You dey Here dey post James Ibori Don Free and you don't have 500,000 in your bank Account,
You dey here dey insult those wen nor dey celebrate am, Whereas He blood children nor even make one post for Facebook about His release....
You dey Celebrate say he go liberate una....Na Which kind Liberation una dey Celebrate...?
Person When from jail gor London Make he Wayward Daughter House of Assembly Member..? Today Eritake Ibori Get #450million for Her Zenith Bank Account and Over #450million for her GTB and Access Bank Accounts......You dey Shout Ibori ...Don free...Whereas Ibori from Jail Instruct Okowa to Swear in e 2nd Daughter of 28 as Magistrate for Delta State....she is Worth over #2bn....
You dey here dey Shout Ibori dey come....From Jail he buy AT&P Sapele for E sister Son Romeo Oghene....and Instruct Okowa to Appoint am EA special Duty...., The boy wife dey post New Houses and Cars every day....You dey enter keke....
You dey Here dey Post rubbish
From Jail , DESOPADEC dey build e Western Delta University with #500mIllion Naira Urhobo fund Yearly
You dey here dey Post rubbish
NDDC spent over 4bn to fence and build The temporary and permanent site building in His western Delta University. ..
Delta State Government pays 150m to his Newspaper monthly while Oghara teaching Hospital rottens....
He love his people na wah. ....
You are here using your data to argue ....Delta State dey pay e mistresses over #100m monthly.....
You dey here dey shout...Freedom ...whereas from jail e marry One Abuja former Prostitute Sosu buy her Bentley Continental dey drive Abuja,dey fly first class go UK to kiss am monthly....
The Truth is that we Are happy our son Don free from jail....but we are not happy as he Dey divert our Funds to his family pocket....
And We call on those Insulting people here because of Ibori to Check their lives and environment first and compare it to the Ibori dynasty....

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Divided On Whether Ibori Should Be Prosecuted Upon Return To The Count by Amicable24: 10:44pm On Dec 23, 2016
Mr. Ibori was sentenced to 13 years in prison in 2012 after he pleaded guilty to laundering over £50 million.
[size=13pt] Chai!! Chai!!! Chai!!!!! Can somebory helep me to shange that money to naira abeg [/size]
Re: Nigerians Divided On Whether Ibori Should Be Prosecuted Upon Return To The Count by freeze001(f): 11:21pm On Dec 23, 2016
duni04:
That Ozekhome is so predictable. Always on the side of evil. Little wonder his clientele list includes the likes of Fayose, Igbenedion and Jonathan. When Ibori finally arrives Nigeria I'm sure he'll offer to defend him. Criminal!

Go arrest and jail him na then u will explain whether it's ur brain and money he's using to practice law.
Re: Nigerians Divided On Whether Ibori Should Be Prosecuted Upon Return To The Count by bencarson007(m): 3:26pm On Dec 24, 2016
harmbhrosz:
see this orwe wey dey talk, craze woman open breast for you bah, Na him come make your reasoning low like this, e no go better for that brother wey be thief, including Amaechi, Tinubu, Goodluck, Obasanjo IBORI, Uduaghan + you that claim to be a son of a thief, it won't be well with you all, I repeat a thief is not my brother,

Idiot like you, this same thief you want to die for is in London enjoying where the likes of a slowpoke (die-hard supporter) like yourself is in a dungeon planning the next crime to commit, very lazy set of people, look at warri, warri doesn't attract any sensible investment again when your Godfather was encouraging kidnapping of oyinbos for ransom....Shame on you. Na your generation go suffer am.

Go to school get a degree and be civil on how you'll make your region better not by supporting a thief and calling him your brother. even when you're not benefiting kobo from him or are you one of his thugs? Idiot, Na people like una make the country reach where e dey today... 13% derivatives dey enter Niger delta and nothing to show for it. The idiott go sidon for one corner dey wait for free oyel money. Go to school and work and stop being lazy because your generation will suffer it...

Idiot you people don't even have shame again, travel and leave that place you to go and see how people behave and how organised they are, werey.

You just displayed your level of dumbness...see your moniker 'harmbhrosz'. You are even more toxic to your stupid self. And btw,none of your family both former and present generation or even next can match me educationally.

And your ignorance has made you so blind that you don't see that what the current government is doing is selective prosecution of preceived enemies. The idiots you are supporting to jail Ibori as soon as he sets foot here,are they not also corrupt ?

How stupid are you that you cannot see that Delta was in shambles before Ibori stepped in and he tried re-juvenating it. Which other governor both past and present did the kind of work he did. He stole we know but at least he worked and we saw it except you were still in jail when he was governor.

Point one single leader past and present that's not corrupt or did not steal.

And you calling me name like son of a thief and stuff doesn't get to me. You are just being plain stupid and I saw that and I decide to ignore you completely.

Just negodu this son of a goon abusing me.

My friend shut up and sit down.
Re: Nigerians Divided On Whether Ibori Should Be Prosecuted Upon Return To The Count by harmbhrosz(m): 7:10pm On Dec 24, 2016
bencarson007:

You just displayed your level of dumbness...see your moniker 'harmbhrosz'. You are even more toxic to your stupid self. And btw,none of your family both former and present generation or even next can match me educationally.

And your ignorance has made you so blind that you don't see that what the current government is doing is selective prosecution of preceived enemies. The idiots you are supporting to jail Ibori as soon as he sets foot here,are they not also corrupt ?

How stupid are you that you cannot see that Delta was in shambles before Ibori stepped in and he tried re-juvenating it. Which other governor both past and present did the kind of work he did. He stole we know but at least he worked and we saw it except you were still in jail when he was governor.

Point one single leader past and present that's not corrupt or did not steal.

And you calling me name like son of a thief and stuff doesn't get to me. You are just being plain stupid and I saw that and I decide to ignore you completely.

Just negodu this son of a goon abusing me.

My friend shut up and sit down.

see this shameless animal, so you even proud to admit he stole and you're suppose to be educated if truly you are then you're a disgrace to the literate folks because your have a brain of an armed robber.

Gosh you're too disgusting to even be proud in saying since he's like the rest that stole then there's no problem, chai!!! The black race is finished.

Shame on an armed robber like you.

This is what happens when politicians loots your future and entice you with pennies, you'll go any length to die for them.

And what is about my nairaland username would you care to enlighten me? What do you even have to say in that dust filled brain of yours when all it can think of is how to steal.

Shame on you oji
Re: Nigerians Divided On Whether Ibori Should Be Prosecuted Upon Return To The Count by omos240: 10:36pm On Dec 24, 2016
If you know you are ready to join ultuimate cycler,but don't want to refer people,join my group and I'll do all for you,and your 50k is guarantee.
https:/BLW0UliRqOmFVt4TYh06kY OR WHATSAPP me on 07057650611

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

774,000 Special Jobs: Keyamo’s Office Not Known To Law — Reps / Nigerians Must Unite Beyond Tribe, Religion And Political Affiliations - Obi / Buhari Departs On 3-day-visit To Kenya (full Details )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.