Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu (19513 Views)

$16b Power Project: I’m Ready For Probe, Obasanjo Dares Buhari / Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case / Presidency Speaks On Senate’s Demand For Magu’s Removal As EFCC Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by fkdmods: 3:52pm On Dec 24, 2016
Drienzia:
Bro.. For what crime exactly was he convicted in London... Answer

Seriously? You are seriously asking that? I will humor you. Fraud and Money laundering for one.
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 24, 2016
Neochemist:
Ribadu is a nice man. I just wish he's the president of this country.

Ribadu will be worse than Buhari. Did you not watch the debates in 2011? The man is clueless. He made Dele Momodu sound like a genius!! Dele effiing Momodu!!!!! How clueless and visionless can you be that you make Momodu look a genius? Look he was a good EFCC boss but Nigerians should stop making the mistake of thinking the skills required to be EFCC boss ( or any other field) are the same as that required of a president.

1 Like

Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by Drienzia: 3:54pm On Dec 24, 2016
fkdmods:

Seriously? You are seriously asking that? I will humor you. Fraud and Money laundering for one.
For what crime would Nigerian govt arrest him?
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by fkdmods: 3:57pm On Dec 24, 2016
Drienzia:
For what crime would Nigerian govt arrest him?

1. For attempting to bribe Government officials if proof can be provided.

2. For looting his state dry during his reign as Governor

Anyone of this would do. And remember, there are multiple counts of these. Stop defending the indefensible.
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 24, 2016
Drienzia:
to charge to court for same crime he was arrested? ...that's double jeopardy!
If u read the post, u ll not be embarrassing urself like this.
However, after the ex-governor was released on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 from a UK prison, EFCC is expected to amend the charges brought against him in order to avoid a case of double jeopardy.
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by ihatesycophant(m): 4:24pm On Dec 24, 2016
Drienzia:
And you feel you made sense abi .. Its unconstitutional to arrest Ibori again, unless he commits another crime.
And you think you're the one making sense? Did
MrTruth4real:

If u read the post, u ll not be embarrassing urself like this.
However, after the ex-governor was released on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 from a UK prison, EFCC is expected to amend the charges brought against him in order to avoid a case of double jeopardy.
Drienzia:
And you feel you made sense abi .. Its unconstitutional to arrest Ibori again, unless he commits another crime.
And you think you're the one making sense? Did you read the part that says, the EFCC will amend his case. It's not all allegations that UK dealt with, like the case of bribing which was not part of his case in London because the evidence was only in Nigeria.
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by oruma19: 4:34pm On Dec 24, 2016
May thunder fire u this useless gworo chewing thief called Nuhu and his co travelers. U will not be able to open ur gutter mouth in the dock. U shall die untimely for persecuting a fellow thief like u and u pay masters. May all those using or trying to use James onanefe Ibori as scape goat die before he returns from the UK. Idiots. Before God and man, Ibori has paid for his atrocities, the remaining 99% thieving politicians in Nigeria should pay for their own sin too. U can't just be using him to shine whereas u r also not innocent.

[/quote]
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by oruma19: 4:46pm On Dec 24, 2016
babadee1:

You said Ibori cannot be arrested and tried again since he has already been tried and convicted in a London court. The principle you quoted is called double jeopardy in law.
Yes he cannot be arrested and tried again for the money laundry case that was concluded in London. The matter on ground now is different. Ribadu alleges Ibori offered him 15 million dollars bribe. No court has heard that case yet. Ibori can be tried for that in Nigeria.
all politicians give bribe. Tinubu bribed all the polling agents and policemen in 2003 polls. I was a corper then and I saw it happen. don't say what u don't know. Every polling unit got 100k each from Tinubu and they misbehaved the way the wanted to. If u don't know, the politicians are a group of wicked men who divided themselves into 2groups and have vowed Neva to allow the gullible masses know their secrets no matter how badly they fight. Nigerians are pawns in the chess board of these satanic men,they mean no good for the people. Watch out, when APC finishes, pdp will take it back and the cycle continues.

1 Like

Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by yarimo(m): 5:00pm On Dec 24, 2016
Drienzia:
Don't have your time
na lie , my time is with you and you must bring it you like it or not.
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by wexyee: 5:02pm On Dec 24, 2016
Drienzia:
he wasnt imprision in nigeria so he can be jailed again
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by Drienzia: 5:06pm On Dec 24, 2016
yarimo:
na lie , my time is with you and you must bring it you like it or not.
lol
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by Drienzia: 5:08pm On Dec 24, 2016
fkdmods:

1. For attempting to bribe Government officials if proof can be provided.

2. For looting his state dry during his reign as Governor

Anyone of this would do. And remember, there are multiple counts of these. Stop defending the indefensible.
till den
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by yarimo(m): 5:09pm On Dec 24, 2016
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by erosimo(m): 5:12pm On Dec 24, 2016
This punch will not stop to amuse me. Give nigerians report about how the state of economy is and stop print media profession like you are being bribed. The story that will fade off in the next 3 months just like saraki n elrufia as a witness
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 24, 2016
patchsk:
Overrated northern fool.
Buhari's bastttardness is legendary.
Devil punish Buhari!
Is it Buhari that is testifying against Ibori? Why the insult?

1 Like

Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 24, 2016
Drienzia:

It's not unconstitutional. He was tried and convicted in UK for an offence which was committed in UK. He hasn't been convicted for similar offence committed in Nigeria.
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by gbeseun(m): 5:22pm On Dec 24, 2016
yarimo:
Nooo IBORI will be denied justice in nigeria, Please FG take all IBORI Files to CHINA or north Korea to help you do justice to him . undecided

U wicked oo,China and Korea ,so ur plan na to kill ibori our saviour
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 24, 2016
Drienzia:
For what offences was he initially arrested / punished? & who arrested & punished him?
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by Yusuf54: 5:26pm On Dec 24, 2016
$15m Bribe...Ibori has sucked Delta state dieeeee
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by madjune(m): 5:29pm On Dec 24, 2016
Make dem free this man naa.

Dem never suffer am finish?
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by Ovamboland(m): 6:03pm On Dec 24, 2016
babadee1:

You said Ibori cannot be arrested and tried again since he has already been tried and convicted in a London court. The principle you quoted is called double jeopardy in law.
Yes he cannot be arrested and tried again for the money laundry case that was concluded in London. The matter on ground now is different. Ribadu alleges Ibori offered him 15 million dollars bribe. No court has heard that case yet. Ibori can be tried for that in Nigeria.

He has not been tried for committing fraud or stealing Delta state funds, he was only tried and convicted for spending stolen funds in the UK.

1 Like

Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by mykel25(m): 6:23pm On Dec 24, 2016
Drienzia:

you are the olodo here.... it constitutional to trial him in Nigeria... UK is not Nigeria....it not double jeopardy as some lawyers claim
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by ndubuisi6: 6:27pm On Dec 24, 2016
be careful man
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by yarimo(m): 6:38pm On Dec 24, 2016
gbeseun:

U wicked oo,China and Korea ,so ur plan na to kill ibori our saviour
grin
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by Ovamboland(m): 6:47pm On Dec 24, 2016
oruma19:
all politicians give bribe. Tinubu bribed all the polling agents and policemen in 2003 polls. I was a corper then and I saw it happen. don't say what u don't know. Every polling unit got 100k each from Tinubu and they misbehaved the way the wanted to. If u don't know, the politicians are a group of wicked men who divided themselves into 2groups and have vowed Neva to allow the gullible masses know their secrets no matter how badly they fight. Nigerians are pawns in the chess board of these satanic men,they mean no good for the people. Watch out, when APC finishes, pdp will take it back and the cycle continues.

All this drivel just to support your desire for a confirmed looter to escape prosecution. I would have understood if he was your relative, or he shared the loot with you.

The best I can guess is you're from same state or region, but is that enough for this level of desire to see him escape trial?

When a thief is caught in your neighbourhood, do you argue the thief be set free until all known thieves and suspects are prosecuted?

2 Likes

Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by degemstone(m): 6:59pm On Dec 24, 2016
it has been forfeited to the FGN according to the report.
DozieInc:
My question is', is the money still in the vault?
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by OneManLegion(m): 7:04pm On Dec 24, 2016
Oildichotomy:
Ibori popularity and sympathy is growing with all these corruption hogwash EFCC is trying to brandish to the gullible populace.

Nuhu Ribadu will still be used by the powers that be and dumped as usual, He has not held any political position since Ibori was arrested and Ibori has just been released he is trying to gain relevance.

I think Nuhu Ribadu is Ibori Stalker Jack Bauer

Na person wey dem just release from Yankee prison you dey use all these grammar defend?

Come, you mumu o.
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by nummyjenny: 7:12pm On Dec 24, 2016
Hello, i'm just quickly reaching out to you to share something exciting with you right now which I believe would blow your mind just like it blew mine.

*Currently:*
1bitcoin = $845
1Bitcoin = N439400
4Bitcoins = N1,757,600

So imagine having 2 to 5 to 10 to 50 to 100 bitcoins. What difference would that make in your life?

If I could show you the easiest way to earn up to 50 bitcoins in less than 180days, would that be something you would love to learn?
We organize daily training by 4pm(Nigerian time) where we share the incredible idea with every participants about the easiest way to achieve well over 16 Bitcoins in less than 6 Months (over $100,000) just by working with your phone phone and the social media.

I know what you are thinking now; (impossible! right). That was my response too when I was first told. Why not find out for yourself by joining us in any of our online meetings via WhatsApp.

Click on this link if you would love to be a part of today's meeting

https:///6UGmeNH3RZACI7n3Xvkaxw
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by Drienzia: 7:50pm On Dec 24, 2016
mykel25:

you are the olodo here.... it constitutional to trial him in Nigeria... UK is not Nigeria....it not double jeopardy as some lawyers claim
I won't natter with a ratard like u... Its obvious u ignorance bout the legal system... Don't quote me again, I don't have the herculean to dine with u
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by Drienzia: 7:54pm On Dec 24, 2016
wexyee:
he wasnt imprision in nigeria so he can be jailed again
The country doesn't matter. Arresting someone for same offence which he had been prosecuted before(despite the country) its double jeopardy, and its unconstitutional...
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by Drienzia: 7:55pm On Dec 24, 2016
partnerus:

It's not unconstitutional. He was tried and convicted in UK for an offence which was committed in UK. He hasn't been convicted for similar offence committed in Nigeria.
No... He was convicted for embezzling of public fund...(The Delta treasury) that was the main reason for his arrest
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by Drienzia: 7:56pm On Dec 24, 2016
Mekwen:
For what offences was he initially arrested / punished? & who arrested & punished him?
Come straight, then we can discuss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Uses Special Roofs To Evade Air Bombardment —Army / Ekiti Poll: Fayemi, Olusola Know Fate Tomorrow / APC Fixes Dates For Edo, Ondo Guber Primaries As INEC Sticks To Timetable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.