Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu (19507 Views)

$16b Power Project: I’m Ready For Probe, Obasanjo Dares Buhari / Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case / Presidency Speaks On Senate’s Demand For Magu’s Removal As EFCC Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by LorDBolton(m): 2:31pm On Dec 24, 2016
yarimo:
Nooo IBORI will be denied justice in nigeria, Please FG take all IBORI Files to CHINA or north Korea to help you do justice to him . undecided

I prefer north korea.

Nothing like appeal court there, once dem knack gavel izz all over grin
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by Drienzia: 2:32pm On Dec 24, 2016
ezera:
Charity should begun at home in the crusade against corruption. Is Iboris corruption different form Tinubu's, Amechis, or Atikus? Let's stop playing to the gallery and prosecute anyone found corrupt no matter the name!
Ibori is a thief no doubt, but is your thief different from this thief?
bro. When Ibori returns next year, nobody would even dare arrest him...
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by morbeta(m): 2:32pm On Dec 24, 2016
Drienzia:
Smarter men like who and who Tinubu,Buhari or Saraki cheesy

Those unseen and unheard forces that are currently frustrating Tinubu, AISHA and co.
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by gtrust: 2:32pm On Dec 24, 2016
If FG decides to charge Ibori to court then they are saying the $15 million rightfully belongs to Delta State!
Deltans are begging for their money!
FG please charge him!

morereb10:
Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has listed its inceptive Chairman, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu as a star witness to testify against the former Governor of Delta State, Mr. James Ibori.

Ribadu had in an affidavit accused Ibori of giving him $15m in 2007 in a bid to dissuade the former EFCC boss from initiating any case against him. However, after receiving the cash, Ribadu had entered it into evidence after which it was kept in the vault of the Central Bank of Nigeria.

According to Saturday PUNCH, Ribadu had said, “Ibori approached me with $15m to stop his investigation. The money was brought in sacks. I called my people because the money was in big bags, which two people could not carry and we deposited it in the CBN as evidence against him.”

In July 2012, the EFCC approached a Federal High Court in Abuja, requesting for a final order forfeiting the $15m Ibori bribe which had been in the vaults of the CBN for more than five years to the Federal Government as unclaimed proceeds of crime. Justice Gabriel Kolawole on October 25, 2013, awarded the Federal government ownership of the $15m Ibori bribe which was the subject of legal tussle between the EFCC and the Delta State Government.

When asked to react to information that the Attorney General of the Federation had listed him among the Federal Government’s list of witnesses against Ibori, Ribadu said, “I am not aware. But if I am asked to testify, I will. But like I told you, nobody has contacted me”, according to Saturday PUNCH.

However, after the ex-governor was released on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 from a UK prison, EFCC is expected to amend the charges brought against him in order to avoid a case of double jeopardy.

Written by Osiri Ndukwe

http://www.exlinklodge.com/2016/12/im-ready-to-testify-against-ibori-over.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by Drienzia: 2:34pm On Dec 24, 2016
morbeta:

Those unseen and unheard forces that are currently frustrating Tinubu, AISHA and co.
bro, to be honest with u, if I'm ribadu, would av accepted the money O.. Because at last, ibori would still get away with it, na 9ja we de
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by mostyg(m): 2:41pm On Dec 24, 2016
More trouble for the Delta hero
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by morbeta(m): 2:41pm On Dec 24, 2016
Drienzia:
bro, to be honest with u, if I'm ribadu, would av accepted the money O.. Because at last, ibori would still get away with it, na 9ja we de

It's true but the man needs rest and quiet times. He will be a big fool to allow pride push into politics and ruin him further. His silence will never be mistaken for weakness for those of us that know him.
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by bart10: 2:42pm On Dec 24, 2016
Ribadu abeggy go rest undecided
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by blackaxe78: 2:46pm On Dec 24, 2016
patchsk:
Overrated northern fool.
Buhari's bastttardness is legendary.
Devil punish Buhari!

You re very dull!

Can imagine how many men who would have taken advantage of your dullness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by babadee1(m): 2:47pm On Dec 24, 2016
Drienzia:
Different matters .How What matter, pls educate me

You said Ibori cannot be arrested and tried again since he has already been tried and convicted in a London court. The principle you quoted is called double jeopardy in law.
Yes he cannot be arrested and tried again for the money laundry case that was concluded in London. The matter on ground now is different. Ribadu alleges Ibori offered him 15 million dollars bribe. No court has heard that case yet. Ibori can be tried for that in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by DemonMonkey7(m): 2:51pm On Dec 24, 2016
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][i][/i]you really cannot eat yhur cake and have it.!
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by blackaxe78: 2:51pm On Dec 24, 2016
There is no way Ibori won't hit another jail term if he makes it to Nigeria.

That guy has been milked heavily in UK and Nigerians re ready to re-milk him again despite all his confiscated properties and assets.
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by EmekaBlue(m): 2:57pm On Dec 24, 2016
Shut up theif Ribadu..All of u r d same..idiot
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by Drienzia: 2:59pm On Dec 24, 2016
babadee1:

You said Ibori cannot be arrested and tried again since he has already been tried and convicted in a London court. The principle you quoted is called double jeopardy in law.
Yes he cannot be arrested and tried again for the money laundry case that was concluded in London. The matter on ground now is different. Ribadu alleges Ibori offered him 15 million dollars bribe. No court has heard that case yet. Ibori can be tried for that in Nigeria.
alright I understand... If he returns, I hope ribadu Sue's him to court...
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by Drienzia: 3:01pm On Dec 24, 2016
morbeta:

It's true but the man needs rest and quiet times. He will be a big fool to allow pride push into politics and ruin him further. His silence will never be mistaken for weakness for those of us that know him.
Exactly.. Buh that guy is over ambitious... Just hopes he wait till 2022 before going into active politics again
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by AlanSugar(m): 3:01pm On Dec 24, 2016
DozieInc:
My question is', is the money still in the vault?

I'm sure you see write ups but you don't read! OK, you read but you don't understand! Sowie.
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by fkdmods: 3:07pm On Dec 24, 2016
Drienzia:
And you feel you made sense abi .. Its unconstitutional to arrest Ibori again, unless he commits another crime.

Please explain how it is unconstitutional? I think you and I were taught two very different things in school. If i am not mistaken, wasn't he tried only in England?
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 24, 2016
Drienzia:
And you feel you made sense abi .. Its unconstitutional to arrest Ibori again, unless he commits another crime.
Who be this one?
Be forming lawyer on NL.

1 Like

Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by Sibrah: 3:14pm On Dec 24, 2016
patchsk:
Overrated northern fool. Buhari's bastttardness is legendary. Devil punish Buhari!
What's this?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by yarimo(m): 3:15pm On Dec 24, 2016
Drienzia:
in your dreams abi?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by Aywire(m): 3:22pm On Dec 24, 2016
Drienzia:

what do you mean? Are u saying becos he has be convicted somewhere else, he cnt b convicted anywhere else for the same crime? I tot its diff laws and diff countries? Whr re the lawyers here, pls enlighten me

1 Like

Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by Drienzia: 3:25pm On Dec 24, 2016
fkdmods:

Please explain how it is unconstitutional? I think you and I were taught two very different things in school. If i am not mistaken, wasn't he tried only in England?
The Federal Govt cannot, should not and must not re-arrest and prosecute Ibori again, if the fresh arrest and prosecution are based on the same facts, events and circumstances as those under which he was convicted in the UK and for which he has served his prison sentence... Its double jeopardy... Try to read.. Regardless the country whatsoever. Since he has already been prosecuted, he can't b arrested for same issue again.... Don't quote me if u don't have any meaningful tin to say
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by Nogodye(m): 3:25pm On Dec 24, 2016
20yrs old pounded yam is still hotting...
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by Aywire(m): 3:25pm On Dec 24, 2016
babadee1:

hmmm
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by Drienzia: 3:27pm On Dec 24, 2016
Aywire:

what do you mean? Are u saying becos he has be convicted somewhere else, he cnt b convicted anywhere else for the same crime? I tot its diff laws and diff countries? Whr re the lawyers here, pls enlighten me
The Federal Govt cannot, should not and must not re-arrest and prosecute Ibori again, if the fresh arrest and prosecution are based on the same facts, events and circumstances as those under which he was convicted in the UK and for which he has served his prison sentence... In law, its called double jeopardy.. U can't arrest someone for a crime he'd been prosecuted already. Regardless the country whatsoever...
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by Drienzia: 3:28pm On Dec 24, 2016
MrTruth4real:

Who be this one?
Be forming lawyer on NL.
I just said the obvious... If the govt arrests ibori again. I will personally join the defending council in court
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by Drienzia: 3:29pm On Dec 24, 2016
yarimo:
in your dreams abi?
Don't have your time
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by fkdmods: 3:39pm On Dec 24, 2016
Drienzia:
The Federal Govt cannot, should not and must not re-arrest and prosecute Ibori again, if the fresh arrest and prosecution are based on the same facts, events and circumstances as those under which he was convicted in the UK and for which he has served his prison sentence... Its double jeopardy... Try to read.. Regardless the country whatsoever. Since he has already been prosecuted, he can't b arrested for same issue again.... Don't quote me if u don't have any meaningful tin to say

Bros even if text book expensive to buy, google can teach you plenty na. Double jeopardy does not come into play here because he broke english law and well as laws in Nigeria. He has been tried for one and if the federal government deems it fit as they should, he should be tried here as well. Just because he served time for crimes in England does not mean he cannot be tried here in Nigeria. Or are you saying he never committed any crimes here in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by Drienzia: 3:40pm On Dec 24, 2016
fkdmods:

Bros even if text book expensive to buy, google can teach you plenty na. Double jeopardy does not come into play here because he broke english law and well as laws in Nigeria. He has been tried for one and if the federal government deems it fit as they should, he should be tried here as well. Just because he served time for crimes in England does not mean he cannot be tried here in Nigeria. Or are you saying he never committed any crimes here in Nigeria?
Bro.. For what crime exactly was he convicted in London... Answer
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by brightalo17: 3:41pm On Dec 24, 2016
patchsk:
Overrated northern fool.
Buhari's bastttardness is legendary.
Devil punish Buhari!

Why are you sounding like an mmm victim? they're talking about Ibori not Buhari.

1 Like

Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 24, 2016
Drienzia:
I just said the obvious... If the govt arrests ibori again. I will personally join the defending council in court
No one is stopping u, but don't say it is unconstitutional for Nigeria govt to charge him to court. Cause it's not.
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by Drienzia: 3:47pm On Dec 24, 2016
MrTruth4real:

No one is stopping u, but don't say it is unconstitutional for Nigeria govt to charge him to court. Cause it's not.
to charge to court for same crime he was arrested? ...that's double jeopardy!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: North Won’t Repeat Mistake Of Voting Along Ethnic, Religious Lines - CNG / FCT Minister Wike Receives UAE Ambassador To Nigeria, Salem Saeed Al-Shamsi / Jonathan’s Approval Needed To Demolish Amigo Supermarket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.