Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? (23406 Views)

Noise Pollution: Court Seals Anambra Church, Issues Ten Days Relocation Notice / Rwanda Shuts Down 714 Churches Over Noise Pollution, Safety Issues / Noise Pollution By Churches And Mosques In Oyo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by kkboy(m): 7:02pm On Dec 24, 2016
If it is Port Harcourt , there is nothing you can do. But if it is Lagos, you can petition the ministry of environment, and justice will be done.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by Padipadi(m): 7:12pm On Dec 24, 2016
Fiyinfoluwa20:
So, our close used to be the most serene place I know, now this church just moved into a building behind mine and they have had like 3 services since yesterday. We cannot live peacefully again with all the instruments and noise and FYI, we have a church in our close and we don't even hear from them save on Sundays, they don't disturb at all.

What authorities can one report this to that would be swift to act.

This is madness!

I am a liberal and I never read anywhere in the Bible where Jesus or any of the apostle for that matter disturb people to pass their message.

Who has had similar experience and how did you handle this?
Pray to God to.intervene

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by Idrismusty97(m): 7:16pm On Dec 24, 2016
What can you do? Give your life to christ cheesy.
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by Originalsly: 7:17pm On Dec 24, 2016
Hmmm.... can't be worshipping God and be disturbing the community....hmmm..... just asking..... have you ever tried the power of rotten eggs to bring about change?

5 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 24, 2016
raumdeuter:
Get some guys to come and smoke weed, drink beer and play Pasuma or Obesere lewd music on loudspeaker and point it towards their church when they are having vigil
I swear na lie, you don't wanna try the loudness of some church music system o.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by Bluezy13(m): 7:20pm On Dec 24, 2016
jumpandpas:

Painment.

How many times have you called for closure of Night clubs, abi they no dey make noise ni.

If you think it's noise, then report.

It's your business
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by Codes151(m): 7:24pm On Dec 24, 2016
That church n your house Who first dey there??
Na today u dem start to make he noise?
Are u a Christian or not?

Wetin u want make e happen now?
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by mikepeace(m): 7:26pm On Dec 24, 2016
@Op, Well there was a similar story some years back in orile area of Lagos.
There was a church building beside this man's building and they were giving the man and his family a serious nightmare. So what the man did was he went to Alaba International and bought a special speaker called AHIJO or some name like that, he mounted the powerful speaker by his balcony rail facing the church building, and connected the speaker to his powerful home theater. So on the first Sunday after fixing the speaker, the church started their usual Sunday service, then the man went on and played a song titled OSONDI OWENDI by OSITA OSADEBE, and turned the volume to the highest, and whitin some minutes some members of the church went to the Man's house trying to talk to him, but he refused to see them, he made sure they could not achieve anything in that church on that very Sunday.

Then the next day some church members returned to the man's house, and that was when the man told them the reason for his actions, and told them to stop disturbing him or he will continue to play his music every other Sunday.
That was it and it worked like magic.

So i suggest you try the same method, and i can assure you it will work for you perfectly just like that man.

Give it a go and please share your testimony here.

Good luck!

8 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by rasheedmalik113: 7:28pm On Dec 24, 2016
one near my house is the same 2 where can we report. them?···
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by adatemi: 7:31pm On Dec 24, 2016
Am waiting to see if you'll get help. The church beside ours is been there for 3 yrs in fact I can't come to Nigeria with my family this Christmas.
I was in Nigeria, March of this year and it was terrible, these people will pray till 11:20 pm. Many times am woken up by the noise and can't go back to bed. Called & sent several e-mails to Lasepa but nothing has been done till now.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by kelly72: 7:32pm On Dec 24, 2016
I am going thru the same shit right now. They are right beside my house with their AHUJA speakers sticking out facing my window. The mjsvroom church hall can barely contain 20 people so what do they need a public address system for? Sometimes they hold night vigils for 40 days and continue shouting in the morning till 10am.

I have done eveything possible to make them reduce the volume of their microphones and speakers in the dead of the night to no avail. Thd worst of it all, I cant even find any soft side to it: at least one can resolve to fall asleep with their music but, their voices are so discordant like toads and frogs. They sing like they are drunk, making the whole experience so frustrating. And to think that neighbours do not want to talk for fear that God will get angry with them.

Can Jesus do this to anybody? Can he then encourage anyone to keep others awake against their will? What can I do? The pastor seems to have a special privilege to violate my right to live and sleep peacefully in a quiet environment.

I am helpless

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 24, 2016

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by mgbedianya(m): 7:37pm On Dec 24, 2016
Fiyinfoluwa20:
So, our close used to be the most serene place I know, now this church just moved into a building behind mine and they have had like 3 services since yesterday. We cannot live peacefully again with all the instruments and noise and FYI, we have a church in our close and we don't even hear from them save on Sundays, they don't disturb at all.

This is madness!

I am a liberal and I never read anywhere in the Bible where Jesus or any of the apostle for that matter disturb people to pass their message.

Install Zaza remote Control on ur Phone, use it to Control the volume of their amplifier

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by obataokenwa(m): 7:39pm On Dec 24, 2016
just pray that God should give u grace to overcome and let it not be a burden to you. Besides, what is pissing u off about the noise. Are you the only neighbor? is like asking how u will stop all this dust this Harmattan period
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Dec 24, 2016
Hello. You can report to the Lagos Ministry of environment via their watsapp channel. Pic below

Or send an sms or watsapp msg only(no calls) on 08099183777
Or call on 09095555580 and 09095555878
Or send an Email: info@moelagos.gov.ng , publicaffairs@moelagos.gov.ng

I myself reported a church to them. They came to demolish the church but everyone was begging. I was angry when I heard. I have been sending countless messages but they are oblivious. I hope they help you.

Please let me know how it turns out
Fiyinfoluwa20:

This is madness!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by jumpandpas(m): 7:44pm On Dec 24, 2016
Bluezy13:

If you think it's noise, then report.
It's your business
Don't stop lamenting it's your business.
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by gentlegenius(m): 7:44pm On Dec 24, 2016
ourleader:
Very Very simple, Friend RELOCATE or JOIN THEM! elements of dark Kingdom! Repent now

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by Bluezy13(m): 7:49pm On Dec 24, 2016
jumpandpas:

Don't stop lamenting it's your business.

I wish I understood this remark
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by Ezionye(f): 7:53pm On Dec 24, 2016
mengho:
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Amazing Grace, I was lost but now am found.

Op is a lost sheep, he needs guidance tongue tongue tongue

Use dis style, but make sure nobody see ur face woh, go buy the most expensive knockout you can find, 15 bangs a stick is good, drop it for thier window at night

Nope

Cud cause a stampede and pple cud get injured
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 24, 2016
anthony86:
Write a Petition against them and forward it to LASEPA. Also copy it to your local government and your local DPO.
This seems like the best advice
fiyinfoluwa20
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by iLiquidator: 8:09pm On Dec 24, 2016
moscow37d:
First of all we need to know which state this is happening
exactly
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by michoim(m): 8:10pm On Dec 24, 2016
Nothing. Condition your mind to enjoy the so called noise as a way of sanitizing the spiritual atmosphere in your area. Take it as a pleasure and a privilege.
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by duas4real: 8:12pm On Dec 24, 2016
Burn the church ⛪

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 24, 2016
raumdeuter:
Get some guys to come and smoke weed, drink beer and play Pasuma or Obesere lewd music on loudspeaker and point it towards their church when they are having vigil

Dayokanu u don kee me wit laf
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by naptu2: 8:27pm On Dec 24, 2016
Report them to Lasepa (if you are in Lagos) or Nesrea (if you are outside Lagos). Lasepa has closed down lots of churches, mosques, bars, hotels and factories for noise pollution since 2005.

Email: info@lasepa.gov.ng, info@moelagos.gov.ng , publicaffairs@moelagos.gov.ng

Phone: 08099183777, 09095555580 and 09095555878, +234-704-635-1295,
+234-815-045-8639,
+234-815-045-8638

ADDRESS: Lasepa building, Governor's Road, The Secretariat, Alausa.
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by babajero(m): 8:29pm On Dec 24, 2016
Fiyinfoluwa20:

This is madness!

You are complaining because you haven't lived close to a mosque.
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by blackfase(m): 8:30pm On Dec 24, 2016
There's legislation against it in Lagos if you reside in lag. Search for LASEPA's numbers or social media handles and report. They seal up these places periodically....
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 24, 2016
Am surrounded by 4 churches, so I opened a bar at my house, bumper to fender, my noise na everyday till 12 am. Am yet to hear any complain, but na me and them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by justice2100: 8:30pm On Dec 24, 2016
Nothing for now. But please when u get into position of high authority, impose a heavy tax on it.
Nija mentality, disturbing in the name of Religion(s)
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by DavidEsq(m): 8:30pm On Dec 24, 2016
Bro, it's noise nuisance and u have a right to sue them for that. There are several Nigerian court decisions were situations as ur were dealt with and the church borrow leg. Just brief a lawyer and he wld know wat to do. Pay am o. Don't com an be shouting here dat he doesn't know his job. If u want to do it urself. Let me know so I cld give u pointers.
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by naptu2: 8:31pm On Dec 24, 2016
Lasepa has taken action against lots of churches, mosques, music stores, hotels and factories that have been engaged in noise pollution and there are many nairaland threads about those incidents, so I'll encourage you to complain, because the system works.

2009 threads.

Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. 
https://www.nairaland.com/345207/lagos-shuts-redeemed-christian-church

Fashola May Close Down Us Embassy Warehouse 
https://www.nairaland.com/256257/fashola-may-close-down-us

Fashola Seals Oyakhilome’s Warehouse
https://www.nairaland.com/371035/fashola-seals-oyakhilomes-warehouse

“shackled By Laws On Noise Pollution”
https://www.nairaland.com/361263/shackled-laws-noise-pollution

2010 thread
Lagos Orders Churches To Remove Loud Speakers 
https://www.nairaland.com/487060/lagos-orders-churches-remove-loud

2011 thread
Lagos To Re-open United Nigeria Textiles 
https://www.nairaland.com/744800/lagos-re-open-united-nigeria-textiles

2012 threads
Lagos State shuts down Lord's Chosen, 6 other churches because of noise pollution https://www.nairaland.com/876166/lagos-shuts-down-lords-chosen

Fashola, Clerics To Tackle Noise Pollution In Lagos 
https://www.nairaland.com/1056540/fashola-clerics-tackle-noise-pollution

2013 threads

Lagos May Shut Abattoir Market

https://www.nairaland.com/1236877/lagos-may-shut-abattoir-market

79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution
https://www.nairaland.com/1171114/79-year-old-lady-sues-redeemed-church

2015 threads

Lagos State Shuts Down Churches, Mosques, Over Noise Pollution
https://www.nairaland.com/2286013/lagos-state-shuts-down-churches

Lagos Seals Kanu Nwankwo’s Hotel, Worship Centres
https://www.nairaland.com/2500532/lagos-seals-kanu-nwankwos-hotel

22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State
https://www.nairaland.com/2558926/22-noisy-churches-shut-down

Lagos Shuts 53 Churches, Mosques, Hotels
https://www.nairaland.com/2792857/lagos-shuts-53-churches-mosques

2016 Thread

Lagos Seals 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels For Noise Pollution
https://www.nairaland.com/3184760/lagos-seals-70-churches-20
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by mikepeace(m): 8:41pm On Dec 24, 2016
adatemi:
Am waiting to see if you'll get help. The church beside ours is been there for 3 yrs in fact I can't come to Nigeria with my family this Christmas.
I was in Nigeria, March of this year and it was terrible, these people will pray till 11:20 pm. Many times am woken up by the noise and can't go back to bed. Called & sent several e-mails to Lasepa but nothing has been done till now.

what? why should you suffer like that because of a church?

Don't contact anybody because nothing will be done.

Just check my post, the second post before your post and use that method, its the best way to deal with them.

Good luck

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? / Connie Madubuko Is Dead, Pastor Anslem's Wife / Mask-wearing Ends Before The Rapture - Joseph Prince

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.