Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy (40082 Views)

How Banks Now Defraud People Via ATM Withdrawal / Top 5 Millionaires Who Made Their Money Online And How They Did It / Top 10 Things Nigerians Spend Their Money On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by proffemi: 10:07am On Dec 25, 2016
1wolex85:

Oga, I will say what I want to say. If more people use other channels there will be less people at the ATM. You guys are talking like this is the first time long queues are appearing at atms, it happens every Xmas maybe not to the extent of this year and if the people at CBN think like the way most of you are thinking it will still happen next year

Even when what you want to say is myopic? You're welcome to it then.

Edit: your submissions reminds me of a description of Microsoft in an old joke:"technically sound, but practically useless". Your submissions are built on hypotheticals, and don't seem cognizant of what ACTUALLY obtains in Nigeria today. And don't even imply that I am not forward-thinking. If you think so, I will be happy to explain to you where you (and the CBN) have gotten it wrong.
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by Nbote(m): 10:07am On Dec 25, 2016
It is obvious sense has departed from most ppl AKA Zombies. If not how can a sane person suggest Nigerians look for other means of accessing their money and one eeeediot even suggested u have d person's account number to do d transaction. How many of d masses who are involved in petty trading actually bank their meagre earnings which is immediately recycled back into d business or used for other pressing family issues. Amadioha and Sango are still deciding on d intensity of the thunder dat will fire some of U senseless morons with ur PoS and cashless policy nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by chessguru(m): 10:07am On Dec 25, 2016
I love my MMM Nigeria...... Now I know my MMM did not crash and will be back stronger after the break..... MMM is the best...... Better register today and request to provide help....... So your spare cash starts growing from today...... MMM is real....... Do not be deceived by media MMM Nigeria is the strongest in the world. Gallant . Join today.
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by explorer250(m): 10:07am On Dec 25, 2016
AlhajiSpray:

Hate filled eastern backward ritual loving bastard pretending to be civilised

how dare you call easterners ritualist? OGA we still be learner for where una dey. Ogun state alone

1 Like

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by AlhajiSpray(m): 10:08am On Dec 25, 2016
patchsk:

Yes I agree.

Just accept the fact that you're an Afonjalistic bastaad offspring of ten men.

The wozing you have received has started to make you lose your wits! A woman can only be impregnated by 1 man's s_sperm so how can I be from 10? Anyway school is not a priority in ipobland so I'm not suprised!

How is your mother Nwakego? And that your Keke napep driving father mazi okechukwu? Please tell your father I will send him some money to use for his otapiapia and seagrams dry gin combo and let him also send that your pay as you go mother to my country home so that I can _penetrate her anus and vagina as other men do to yours while ayinde barrister plays in the background!

Iseeeeeee! Bloody olodo!

4 Likes

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 25, 2016
patientzero:
[s]
I actually did open the link you pasted and I wept for you...like literally wept.

How can you be proud that your forefathers were described AS THE BEST SLAVES??

Like seriously...the best slaves?

Please google 'breaking a horse' to understand how they beamed with pride at turning your 'free forefathers' into 'happy captives'

Haven't u wondered why native Indians weren't used as slaves in america? Infact it was rare to see an Indian slave...thats how strong their spirit is.

So you're proud that your forefathers were described as good dogs? Wow[/s]

Shut up and Google about Igbo Landing in Georgia.
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by Originalsly: 10:08am On Dec 25, 2016
1wolex85:

You really don't need to throw insults. It's not necessary. Are you really saying there is no other way to access money apart from physical withdrawals? When you pay at a supermarket with your atm, have you not accessed your money? When you transfer to a customer via mobile money, have you not accessed your money? Shortage of physical cash is not and cannot prevent people from having access to their money in this 21st century.
If you own a supermarket.... what would you do in the present situation when crowds of people would be swarming your business to receive cash? I'm waiting for a realistic response.
@topic.... the FG needs to clamp down on the Banks. The Banks know they would been to restock the ATMs more often this season but just refused to. I think they are creating this situation on purpose....when people run out of patience and begin to destroy the property and withdraw their savings they would have no one but themselves to blame.

3 Likes

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by Prince081: 10:08am On Dec 25, 2016
Surprised at how teenagers flood every tgread to promote tribal rants.
Let me inform you, at the sharing table (National cake) we do not consider your tribe.
Grow up guys.

2 Likes

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 25, 2016
ruggedtimi:
open mobile money outlet in nigeria shocked...have you asked yourself why you find Bureau d change only in highly secured places like an airport in nigeria. If you open mobile money outlet for one street in ph, na small boy go come collect all ur money with a small pistol.

on-point jare, be llike you and kcee dey flex this christmas ohh@ dP
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by BraniacX(m): 10:11am On Dec 25, 2016
patchsk:

Unchallenged evidence is deemed admitted. You've not denied that you're a scratch faced Afonja!!!

So happy Xmas my dear Afonjalistic scratch face.

You get badmouth sha cheesy
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by idupaul: 10:11am On Dec 25, 2016
1wolex85:

Oga you need to calm down. Nobody is preventing anybody from having access to their money
Yes there is shortage of physical cash, people should use other channels, if you take your atm to a shop and pay via atm or you transfer money, it will still go. So it is wrong to say people are being denied access to their money
CBN has focused so much on the Dollar issue this year that they have not expanded on their cashless policy. That is the real issue.

I posted this on an earlier thread,
What CBN needs to do is deepen the implementation of Mobile Money. In Kenya, once I have your phone number, I can transfer money to you. This also saves a lot of money in printing cash. Another option is to take advantage of cash based businesses and use them as mobile money agents. For example, I should be able to walk into a Petrol station or supermarket, deposit money in their account through their POS and they give me the cash equivalent. It will help this businesses reduce their cash calls and bank trips.

God will punish you certainly
How dare you chose to bamboozle people on the true cause of the problem ..no one can hide Buhari's incompetence if you do you will die a very bad death mark my words
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by AlhajiSpray(m): 10:12am On Dec 25, 2016
mccoy47:

Paedophilic ppl

angry

Hey! Otimkpu! Will you runaway from here before I bury you with my fingers!

Or you want to end up like your fellow ipob bastards that I am slapping all over the thread? Nonsense child!

1 Like

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by ovalrose(f): 10:12am On Dec 25, 2016
PEOPLE, PLEASE! HAVING WAR MAKING URGES SO EARLY THIS CHRISTMAS MORNING? NOT GOOD. PLEASE LET'S BE REASONABLE.
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by UnknownT: 10:12am On Dec 25, 2016
ajebuter:
Chai...serious anachy is looming l swear and it just may start in front of ATM..

Yesterday while using ATM in one of the banks along Gbagada expressway in Lagos..

l even had to wake up as early as 6am on Saturday and holiday oh (imagine) and come see long queue ..

That was not even the problem..l needed to withdraw 130k and you should see anger on faces of Nigerians..

shuoh..everybody yelling: madam abeg no finish the money inside ATM oh..abeg we also need to make withdrawal oh..

imagine the angry looks people were giving me for making a withdrawal ? like l committed a major crime..

Chizoz! na so e don bad reach? make we dey ration money inside ATM?

l swear Nigeria is in deep shiiiit..
Exactly... and the annoying part over here in Warri, most banks set the maximum amount a customer can withdraw to #10000. With my GTB card and I come to an UBA machine, I will have to do 10 transactions in order to withdraw 100k and people will be at your back murmuring as if its your fault ( one can't really blame them). This is soooo annoying

1 Like

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by idupaul: 10:13am On Dec 25, 2016
1wolex85:

Oga you need to read well and it's not necessary to throw insults. We can agree to disagree. This not about supporting any policy or suffering. Check by Wednesday if you will still see those queues there. So it is wrong to say people are being denied access to their money.

Useless data centre rat
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by osazeej: 10:13am On Dec 25, 2016
I couldn't agree more. I too would like to meet 1wolex85 for he has consistently displayed impeccable emotional intelligence in his responses.
Justiceotunne:

I am deeply awed by your calmness. Many would have flown off the handle with the barrage of insult hauled at you. You also do have a point in your submission. I'd like to meet u

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by 1wolex85: 10:14am On Dec 25, 2016
redsceptic:

You appear not to know that 80% of Nigeria is unbanked.

That is the crux of the matter. They need to be banked.Besides on this thread we are talking about atm queues which means those on the queue have account.

1 Like

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by nwakibie3(m): 10:15am On Dec 25, 2016
1wolex85:

You really don't need to throw insults. It's not necessary. Are you really saying there is no other way to access money apart from physical withdrawals? When you pay at a supermarket with your atm, have you not accessed your money? When you transfer to a customer via mobile money, have you not accessed your money? Shortage of physical cash is not and cannot prevent people from having access to their money in this 21st century.

Wen u buy meat and pepper in the market u pay through POS too
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by patientzero: 10:16am On Dec 25, 2016
patchsk:

Another stupid Afonja rant.

Free yourself from your slavery to your lords and masters... Fulani.

Hehehe me? Afonja? So you think i'm yoruba? Lols!

Whatever makes your xmas cooked egg taste like fried fried chicken is alright with me(cos I know you're a pauper)

Here's the link your fellow igbo man happily posted o to form supremacy.

I can't help but laugh

https://www.nairaland.com/2539196/hahaha-see-what-colonial-oyibo

As you can see from the link the white man clearly state igbos are the BEST SLAVES...the BEST SLAVES.

And till today ya'll are slaves to the yorubas and fulanis, your toil their lands to make it richer.

The bight of biafra renamed bight of bonny was a choice destination for slave traders cos they all knew igbos are the best slaves.

Cargo numbers don't lie.

It's on record the brits took over the whole igbo land (land above the delta as described) without resistance

Your forefathers worshipped their white skin and whored their daughters to the white men so as to produce 'yellow children' like prince eboe (chima) the albino prince cast-away from benin & progenitor of the igbo ethnic group

Anyway keep shouting afonja there... na you know

I doubt even the yorubas are irked by it.

3 Likes

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by idupaul: 10:18am On Dec 25, 2016
1wolex85:

I totally agree that CBN has performed poorly and yes I agree that there is a cash shortage. There is a difference between I don't have now and I am not giving you, the op is saying that they have deliberately blocked us from having access to our money which is not true. The moment I can't transfer or pay for goods and services with my Card then I will agree with him.

The economy has clearly flunked and you are here saying nonsense , this cash scarcity is one of the side effects of hyper inflation if you don't know ,people need more cash to get fewer things and the cash is north available,the only solution will be to print more and devalue the currency further because this half with attempt to be moving digits round is nothing but fraud

2 Likes

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by idupaul: 10:18am On Dec 25, 2016
nwakibie3:

Wen u buy meat and pepper in the market u pay through POS too

Don't mind the tortoise
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by 1wolex85: 10:18am On Dec 25, 2016
Originalsly:
If you own a supermarket.... what would you do in the present situation when crowds of people would be swarming your business to receive cash? I'm waiting for a realistic response.
@topic.... the FG needs to clamp down on the Banks. The Banks know they would been to restock the ATMs more often this season but just refused to. I think they are creating this situation on purpose....when people run out of patience and begin to destroy the property and withdraw their savings they would have no one but themselves to blame.

Of course I won't give cash I don't have. But the people who were able to collect cash earlier would reduce those at the atm. My point is not to eliminate atm

1 Like

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by proffemi: 10:21am On Dec 25, 2016
1wolex85:

That is the crux of the matter. They need to be banked.Besides on this thread we are talking about atm queues which means those on the queue have account.

Don't you get it? Most of those on the queues need the cash to pay those in that 80% (can't speak to the veracity of this figure).

And you say "they need to get banked". Just like that? The more you post on this topic, the more you dig yourself in...

1 Like

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by able20(m): 10:22am On Dec 25, 2016
See as Hunger and Frustration dealing with some Nigerians. Folks are very very aggressive leading to e-war, no more decent conversation.

2 Likes

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by BraniacX(m): 10:22am On Dec 25, 2016
1wolex85:

Oga please read again! I can still transfer money on my phone without internet! and Yes if I go to Mile 12, as long as the aboki has an account number, I can buy pepper

With a surcharge of N100+ on every transaction, multiply that by an average of maybe 20 transactions for everyday things like multiple t-fares, soap, consumables e.t.c and give me a reason why i should want to do that?
What if the recipient doesn't have an account?
What if the mobile phone network is poor and/or your bank network stalls?
What if you want to make a payment on something of higher value and it is larger than your daily maximum limit?
Cash has no other completely viable alternative for transactions in today's Nigeria and to claim otherwise is self deceiving! We will get there eventually but we're not there yet so the banks and the government via CBN should have known from experience that weekends and holidays are periods of heavy cash withdrawals and worked hard to reduce the possibility that people will be left without money to withdraw because this will reduce peoples confidence in the banking system which is not good
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by 1wolex85: 10:22am On Dec 25, 2016
idupaul:

The economy has clearly flunked and you are here saying nonsense , this cash scarcity is one of the side effects of hyper inflation if you don't know ,people need more cash to get fewer things and the cash is north available,the only solution will be to print more and devalue the currency further because this half with attempt to be moving digits round is nothing but fraud

Oga let me ask you something. Do you understand the concept of money? Do you know the physical cash is just an expression of value? If all the physical cash in the country is assembled will it be more or less than the virtual amounts in the account? Are people able to use other channels to access goods and services? I need to know your views on this before I know how to answer you

1 Like

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by 1wolex85: 10:24am On Dec 25, 2016
BraniacX:

With a surcharge of N100+ on every transaction, multiply that by an average of maybe 20 transactions for everyday things like multiple t-fares, soap, consumables e.t.c and give me a reason why i should want to do that?
What if the recipient doesn't have an account?
What if the mobile phone network is poor and/or your bank network stalls?
What if you want to make a payment on something of higher value and it is larger than your daily maximum limit?
Cash has no other completely viable alternative for transactions in today's Nigeria and to claim otherwise is self deceiving! We will get there eventually but we're not there yet so the banks and the government via CBN should have known from experience that weekends and holidays are periods of heavy cash withdrawals and worked hard to reduce the possibility that people will be left without money to withdraw because this will reduce peoples confidence in the banking system which is not good

Did I say totally eliminate cash? No! It's not everybody on the atm that wants to buy just a bar of soap or 50 Naira pepper.
You are talking of poor infrastructure network and all, doesn't the atm also disappoint?

1 Like

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by ogawisdom(m): 10:25am On Dec 25, 2016
1wolex85:

Did you really need to call me a goat? How old are you? If you read my posts well, as long as you have a phone even without internet. This thing works in KENYA, Ivory Coast and Ghana. We even got GSM before these countries so what are you on about?

Old enough to be your father, ur ideas are only beautiful on paper. FYI do you kw that 90% of people might not sell their goods and services to you if u dnt ve cash, d seller has d right to accept only cash. This is naija nt Kenya or south African, imagine this ode ooo so u go chop abok.I suya finish come dey talk mobile money transfer shit u dey crazy what if he no get account number angry angry angry
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by VajanahDischaj(f): 10:25am On Dec 25, 2016
in arrows voice# BUHARI!!! YOU HAVE FAILED THIS CITY!
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by Richy4(m): 10:25am On Dec 25, 2016
AlhajiSpray:

[s]It won't hurt if you admit to being a man with a _penis will it? Look at this useless transexual claiming to be a woman! Any way you igbo boys are well known for engaging in homosexual activities for money so I'm not suprised!

Are you hunting for your fellow anus lovers! Ha ha[/s]!

Just read what you were typing on public forum bro... How does that look to you...I did not say u shouldn't fight but show a little bit of respect for the people here...
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by progress69: 10:28am On Dec 25, 2016
Seun mynd44, this thread needs to be raided and ban dished like chinchin. The hateful and inciting commments, tribal bashing and cursing is really alarming. From first page to the last.

3 Likes

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by sinaj(f): 10:28am On Dec 25, 2016
patchsk:

I think you're talking thrash.

How many people are banked in Nigeria?
And most importantly are you ignorant of the N100 fee on mobile transfers?

I buy pepper N50 and pay N100 commission.
mine is even 105# o! Which excludes d monthly one they will deduct from me.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Herbert Wigwe's Cryptic Post Hints At ‘End Of Life’ / Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money / Ten (10) Ways One Can Remain Poor In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.