Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,522 members, 7,812,632 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

"Let Us Talk" - President Muhammadu Buhari Tells Niger Delta Militants - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Let Us Talk" - President Muhammadu Buhari Tells Niger Delta Militants (16967 Views)

Stop Your Campaigns For My Re-election For Now, Buhari Tells Supporters / Plateau: Niger Delta Militants Blow Hot, Reveal What’ll Happen In 21 Days / Go To The Farm And Earn Respect, Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Let Us Talk" - President Muhammadu Buhari Tells Niger Delta Militants by emmanuel596(m): 7:54am On Dec 26, 2016
K
Re: "Let Us Talk" - President Muhammadu Buhari Tells Niger Delta Militants by adebayo201: 7:55am On Dec 26, 2016
v
Re: "Let Us Talk" - President Muhammadu Buhari Tells Niger Delta Militants by Donbigi2(m): 7:55am On Dec 26, 2016
I can remember how some nairalanders were ranting with the Nigerian military on how they will destroy NDA..
Buhari do not negotiate with terrorist
Lmao

7 Likes

Re: "Let Us Talk" - President Muhammadu Buhari Tells Niger Delta Militants by omonnakoda: 7:56am On Dec 26, 2016
eezeribe:
someone is trying to act nice because of 2019 election.Deep within someone's mind,someone would have preferred to launch a full scale war on...I didn't mention Anybody
Not because of election he still will lose that region. I believe he has been warned by the rulers of earth against military adventures in the region.
Re: "Let Us Talk" - President Muhammadu Buhari Tells Niger Delta Militants by drinkgarri: 7:56am On Dec 26, 2016
Another amnesty right? Good business for the militant, maybe I too will start vandalising soak away, so if smell wan kill people for south west, Buhari will negotiate with me

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Let Us Talk" - President Muhammadu Buhari Tells Niger Delta Militants by tete7000(m): 7:56am On Dec 26, 2016
sarrki:

Do you think Nigeria Armed forces can't handle them?

Wake up 2017 is fast approaching

If they could, there won't be need for call to negotiate. Stop deluding yourself.

6 Likes

Re: "Let Us Talk" - President Muhammadu Buhari Tells Niger Delta Militants by Franklerry: 7:58am On Dec 26, 2016
NDA still dey exist them don go melow....
Re: "Let Us Talk" - President Muhammadu Buhari Tells Niger Delta Militants by nnol(m): 8:01am On Dec 26, 2016
shebi he said he was going to crush them.

4 Likes

Re: "Let Us Talk" - President Muhammadu Buhari Tells Niger Delta Militants by mightyhazell: 8:05am On Dec 26, 2016
sarrki:

Not too late brother

There is two way to resolve conflict

Coercion and persuasion

It's time to be persuasive
cart b4 the horse!

I thot coercion coms way after persuasion fails.

3 Likes

Re: "Let Us Talk" - President Muhammadu Buhari Tells Niger Delta Militants by AfroKnight: 8:05am On Dec 26, 2016
Honestly, I feel the time for dialog is almost gone. These militants are not willing to talk.

When the so called dialog commences, some factions will arise and claim that those at the meeting do not represent the naija delta people. Then one more explosion would follow and it's back to square one.

Even if you invite asari dokubo, tompolo, clarke and even Jonathan, somebody will still say the delegation is incomplete and some of the names mentioned will not even show up.

As long as the fighters believe they should control the lion share of the resources, there will be no resolution.

The FG is probably making this move to preserve the image of the government in handling insurgency since the army's brutal approach to everything is not helping matters. However, the militants are recalcitrants themselves.

3 Likes

Re: "Let Us Talk" - President Muhammadu Buhari Tells Niger Delta Militants by truthspeaks: 8:05am On Dec 26, 2016
Please thank him for using #2.4billion to maintain his jets n add God bless the jets too. Ode
sarrki:
Thank you Mr president

As a father to all listen where you need to dialogue

Use force where it is necessary

God bless Muhammadu Buhari

God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: "Let Us Talk" - President Muhammadu Buhari Tells Niger Delta Militants by tete7000(m): 8:05am On Dec 26, 2016
omonnakoda:
Not because of election he still will lose that region. I believe he has been warned by the rulers of earth against military adventures in the region.

The man always need to burn his fingers before learning. I remember his grandstanding at the beginning of the whole show, so nauseating. How do you come on your inauguration and be talking of ending amnesty without any consultation? How does a man call himself an elder stateman when he is totally oblivious of Nigeria's immediate past? All the while he just locked himself up in Daura believing he has the magic wand to solve a country's problem. A country he has not invested much in in terms of emotion and building networks across the country's space. It is good he is coming to live with reality of Nigeria, although it is painful how much distortion he has already brought into the system. It is easier to destroy than to build. Nigerians will need to wear their patience cap while all the consultation begin to have impact.

4 Likes

Re: "Let Us Talk" - President Muhammadu Buhari Tells Niger Delta Militants by Orikinla1: 8:05am On Dec 26, 2016
Any meeting on the Niger Delta crisis without me is a waste of time. And I mean every word.

There cannot be any conflict resolution without the revocation of the illegal oil blocks licenses given to people who are not from the Niger Delta and who have not contributed to our welfare.

Read our book "Ghosts of the Niger Delta" that was not allowed to be published in Nigeria.

In 2005, the United States conducted a war gaming exercise called the Oil Shockwave. It was conceived and conducted by energy think-tanks in conjunction with the National Commission on Energy Policy and Securing America’s Future Energy. The first scenario involved the outbreak of violence in the oil-producing area of Nigeria that would lead to evacuation of expatriates, including US citizens, and hike in oil prices. Nigeria is the eighth largest oil exporter in the world and the fourth largest exporter of crude oil to the US.
Six months after the exercise, massive bomb explosions at major oil facilities announce the commencement of violence in Nigeria and resonate around the world.

https://www.amazon.com/Ghosts-Niger-Delta-Jeff-Zengele-ebook/dp/B0195A60GS#productDescription_secondary_view_div_1482735272691

1 Like

Re: "Let Us Talk" - President Muhammadu Buhari Tells Niger Delta Militants by Ecosystem4u: 8:07am On Dec 26, 2016
rabex123:
Baba ! Exhaust all possible options please.
So that they won't have any excuse when we begin pur own..
Rep nigerian army.

Go to Zambisa my friend that is where the job is n stop lazying around!!!
Re: "Let Us Talk" - President Muhammadu Buhari Tells Niger Delta Militants by mightyhazell: 8:08am On Dec 26, 2016
nnol:
shebi he said he was going to crush them.
yea!
Dats wot I read too

1 Like

Re: "Let Us Talk" - President Muhammadu Buhari Tells Niger Delta Militants by omonnakoda: 8:09am On Dec 26, 2016
tete7000:

The man always need to burn his fingers before learning. I remember his grandstanding at the beginning of the whole show, so nauseating. How do you come on your inauguration and be talking of ending amnesty without any consultation? How does a man call himself an elder stateman when he is totally oblivious of Nigeria's immediate past? All the while he just locked himself up in Daura believing he has the magic wand to solve a country's problem. A country he has not invested much in in terms of emotion and building networks across the country's space. It is good he is coming to live with reality of Nigeria, although it is painful how much distortion he has already brought into the system. It is easier to destroy than to build. Nigerians will need to wear their patience cap while all the consultation begin to have impact.
Let us wish him well for our sake and that of Nigeria. I wished Jonathan well and I will wish Buhari well till the election comes and then we can assess things. For now let him use his mandate as best he can.Let us pray he changes path when things are not working
Re: "Let Us Talk" - President Muhammadu Buhari Tells Niger Delta Militants by bart10: 8:09am On Dec 26, 2016
Directionless leadership. The same man was all over the world 'de-marketing' Nigeria and Nigerians. Calling everyone a criminal. What sort of leadership is that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Let Us Talk" - President Muhammadu Buhari Tells Niger Delta Militants by truthspeaks: 8:12am On Dec 26, 2016
After u gingered him to use force to kill all d Niger deltans, it ddnt work. U shameless realise thr z persuasion.

How much do they pay u per post
sarrki:

Not too late brother

Coercion and persuasion

Re: "Let Us Talk" - President Muhammadu Buhari Tells Niger Delta Militants by aimuan(m): 8:12am On Dec 26, 2016
sarrki:

what are they waiting for?u think creek is like sabisa forest ba?abeg go join army make u lead war front in Creek of Niger delta.
Re: "Let Us Talk" - President Muhammadu Buhari Tells Niger Delta Militants by truthspeaks: 8:13am On Dec 26, 2016
Actually 2019 is fast approaching
sarrki:

Re: "Let Us Talk" - President Muhammadu Buhari Tells Niger Delta Militants by Orikinla1: 8:14am On Dec 26, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari must revoke all the oil blocks licenses awarded between 1984 and 1999.

2 Likes

Re: "Let Us Talk" - President Muhammadu Buhari Tells Niger Delta Militants by drss2(m): 8:15am On Dec 26, 2016
wat happened to buari dullard's alligator smile n ransackment of niger delta communities brainless man directing a directionless govt.
Re: "Let Us Talk" - President Muhammadu Buhari Tells Niger Delta Militants by ELPablochapo: 8:15am On Dec 26, 2016
the fear of Trump will normalize so many things. Jan 20 2017

1 Like

Re: "Let Us Talk" - President Muhammadu Buhari Tells Niger Delta Militants by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 26, 2016
sarrki:

Not too late brother

Coercion and persuasion

The aboki can't succeed. He is an Hippocrates. we are coming with a full force, we want him ousted that is our final decision.

1 Like

Re: "Let Us Talk" - President Muhammadu Buhari Tells Niger Delta Militants by edebemba(m): 8:16am On Dec 26, 2016
sarrki:
Thank you Mr president

O
If a man stands up to harvest yam tuber and breaks it, he will obviously bend over to retrieve the remaining half.
The President refused to listen initially to wise counsel until enormous damage was done.
He applied force and militarized the Niger Delta and failed.
Now he has bent over to beg 'let us talk'. Truly, common senseis is not really common
Re: "Let Us Talk" - President Muhammadu Buhari Tells Niger Delta Militants by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 26, 2016
sarrki:
Thank you Mr president

you keep talking from both sides of your mouth, we all know the stand you have always taken on this issue, what happened to kill them all? Let me hear you call yourself a patriot on this forum again,, if I will not tear you e-slap

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Let Us Talk" - President Muhammadu Buhari Tells Niger Delta Militants by DamiBukola: 8:18am On Dec 26, 2016
sarrki:

Not too late brother

Coercion and persuasion

You are thinking upside down, no where in the world where you resort to coercion before persuasion. You guys, I mean people like you are the cause of Buhari's mishandling of the whole scenario. When we advised he employ caution and dialogue, your lots blew up his ego "new sheriff in town ".

It's good to speak the truth when you love someone. The billions of dollars that Nigeria has missed can never be retrieved and now you still want to dialogue.

3 Likes

Re: "Let Us Talk" - President Muhammadu Buhari Tells Niger Delta Militants by Anago5000: 8:20am On Dec 26, 2016
rabex123:
Baba ! Exhaust all possible options please.
So that they won't have any excuse when we begin pur own..
Rep nigerian army.
look at this chest beating soldier.who is stopping you fuuls frm starting ur own.you think we are cowards like the afonjas.bring it on
Re: "Let Us Talk" - President Muhammadu Buhari Tells Niger Delta Militants by frank202012: 8:21am On Dec 26, 2016
sarrki:

This guy ain't u ashamed that u re going back to ur vomit?
U re among the ppl praising the dullard when he said he will crush them like boko haram,
Now u shamelessly turn around to seek peace after
The useless crocodile yansh, python head nd cow cheat..

Ndi ara
Re: "Let Us Talk" - President Muhammadu Buhari Tells Niger Delta Militants by preacherz: 8:23am On Dec 26, 2016
Better be late than never!!!

I congratulate PMB for this Wisdom even though it's long overdue but I for one sincerely believe it's better to be late than never!!!

Some people may not like this but it's for our own interest that peace returns to Niger Delta because at the end it's Us the Masses who bears the brunt.

Just like during the last regime a lot of people believed every of Nigeria's problem could be solved with a wave of a presidential wand but after 18 months they realised how wrong they were.

Buhari is our president we just owe it as a duty to support Him. For our own sake!

1 Like

Re: "Let Us Talk" - President Muhammadu Buhari Tells Niger Delta Militants by Anago5000: 8:24am On Dec 26, 2016
drinkgarri:
Another amnesty right? Good business for the militant, maybe I too will start vandalising soak away, so if smell wan kill people for south west, Buhari will negotiate with me
soakaway system dey Southwest?.abeg na open defecation system dey yoribaland joor.cc:opiaoku

1 Like

Re: "Let Us Talk" - President Muhammadu Buhari Tells Niger Delta Militants by refreshrate: 8:32am On Dec 26, 2016
Niger Delta militants to Buhari : go fvck yourself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Departs For APC Presidential Rallies In Oyo & Osun States. / Marafa: Some Angry Governors Plotting To Replace Oshiomhole With Yari / Omo-Agege Became Deputy Senate President As Compensation - Lasun Yusuff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.