Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,129 members, 7,849,541 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:48 PM

External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn (9816 Views)

Foreign Reserves Rise To $30.5B As CBN Targets $40B Before Year End / External Reserves Rise By $1bn In Two Weeks / External Reserves Rise Further To N26.2bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by APCmyheart(m): 11:46am On Dec 27, 2016
seguno2:

Do you understand simple English?
Do you have a source?
Or do you not have a source?

Meanwhile you moved from "over 60 million" to "about 44 million" in just a few minutes.
The rate at which you are losing money, one can understand why you would defend an illiterate who has brought recession upon his fellow citizens.
So many lies.

Sometimes i like replying nitwit like you, Did Buhari also brought recession on the citizen of the following countries? Saudi Arabi, Russia, Canada, Brazil, Venezuela etc?

Yaradua and GEJ met over $45billion in our reserve and GEJ squandered that money instead of increasing it during the oil boom..

3 Likes

Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by DropShot: 11:52am On Dec 27, 2016
4Play:

Or maybe hired propagandists like you should stop cheerleading policies that make dollar inflow worse, like a fixed exchange rate regime.

You need to stop pretending you have principles other than religious/ethnic and pecuniary considerations for defending the indefensible.

A childish approach to label anyone who doesn't agree with you as a paid propagandist. It makes you look sore.

How are you different from the loquacious FFK who brings religious/ethnic coloration to every discussion?

You were perhaps still in secondary school when I campaigned tirelessly for the IB to be made president in 2010. I guess I was driven by religion and ethnicity then too. Kiddo!

2 Likes

Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by APCmyheart(m): 11:52am On Dec 27, 2016
2sexynet:

Until dollar returns to 180 naira, I don't care what Buhari does. This year would have been a greater investment year for most hard working and hustling Nigerians if not for the state of dollar. I know how many opportunities I have missed just because of high exchange rate. I am also sure there thousands of Nigerians like me.

Must you import then, Why not invest your money locally... you are one of Nigeria problem always want to import foreign goods..

before we depend on Foreign rice from Thailand, But PMB ban importation of rice so we can also start farming and today Nigerians are eating locally made rice did anyone died of eating the rice? Did you know how many billion will circulate around with that initiatives?

3 Likes

Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by BeClever: 11:55am On Dec 27, 2016
seunmsg:

Truly, I think you need to shut up.

If only I have more words for flutters..
Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by BeClever: 11:58am On Dec 27, 2016
internetgangste:

You just sounded really stupid

I can never sound as stupid as you when hunger impounded your brain after the fail 5k promise..

1 Like

Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by seguno2: 12:01pm On Dec 27, 2016
APCmyheart:
Sometimes i like replying nitwit like you, Did Buhari also brought recession on the citizen of the following countries? Saudi Arabi, Russia, Canada, Brazil, Venezuela etc?

Yaradua and GEJ met over $45billion in our reserve and GEJ squandered that money instead of increasing it during the oil boom..

Your saviour has been in charge for almost two years but unable to deliver on his campaign promises to turn the economy around knowing that oil prices have been dropping since 2013 i.e. half way into Jonathan's administration.
Tell the Dullard-in-Chief to get out of the other room and leave his child bride to focus on our economy. Okay?
Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by BeClever: 12:03pm On Dec 27, 2016
bcashy:

Oga go and sit down somewhere and stop constituting public nuisance. Your lack of ability to comprehend is nit excuse to come and display mumuism here

Congrats, AY least you are able to gather some strength to type stupidly since after queuing for three days to assess Lake Rice...
You need some rest from the physical and psychological stress illiterate Buhari has subjected you..
Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by seguno2: 12:05pm On Dec 27, 2016
APCmyheart:
Must you import then, Why not invest your money locally... you are one of Nigeria problem always want to import foreign goods..

before we depend on Foreign rice from Thailand, But PMB ban importation of rice so we can also start farming and today Nigerians are eating locally made rice did anyone died of eating the rice? Did you know how many billion will circulate around with that initiatives?

Lies, distortion and propaganda are the main stay of APC people.
Buhari lifted the ban on rice imports that Jonathan had put in place as part of a comprehensive agricultural development program.
Say the truth and put the devil to shame even though it might be difficult for someone who belongs to the demonic APC party.

https://www.nairaland.com/3395470/customs-removes-ban-importation-rice
Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by APCmyheart(m): 12:14pm On Dec 27, 2016
bettercreature:
What a dullard as the IPOD YOUTH use to call him
Saving money while my FORM M has been submitted since september and No dollar till now
Inflation will soon reach 50%

Your moniker should change to worsecreature, What do you need dollar for? To import fake goods to Nigeria?

Ogbeni we are thinking of exporting and not importing..

1 Like

Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by Originalsly: 12:26pm On Dec 27, 2016
We can learn a lot thru discussion...... only if we open our minds.Must we accept every view put forward?... definitely not ... but counter it with our own and with evidence/references if need be. It's sad that so many of us are really like zombies.... programmed... cannot engage in a discussion ... if we disagree with the message.or the message is apparently not from a member of our political party...or tribe...or religion...it becomes our duty to attack the messenger..... making ourselves public fools and don't even know. Who the cap fit.... let them wear it.
Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by APCmyheart(m): 12:43pm On Dec 27, 2016
seguno2:

Your saviour has been in charge for almost two years but unable to deliver on his campaign promises to turn the economy around knowing that oil prices have been dropping since 2013 i.e. half way into Jonathan's administration.
Tell the Dullard-in-Chief to get out of the other room and leave his child bride to focus on our economy. Okay?

You just shut up and be realistic for once, What did your hero the Ineffectual baboon achieve in 6yrs? Where is the 2nd Niger bridge? where is the power etc....

Beside you said crude il price drop in 2013 come are you a trained lair? well you need refund from who ever train you how to lie and if it's Doyin Okupe he has put you in a state a dilemma already..

Crude oil price started droping in 2014

http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/030315/why-did-oil-prices-drop-so-much-2014.asp

and it's still around $80 to $100 i believe..

2 Likes

Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by 4Play(m): 12:44pm On Dec 27, 2016
DropShot:

A childish approach to label anyone who doesn't agree with you as a paid propagandist. It makes you look sore.

How are you different from the loquacious FFK who brings religious/ethnic coloration to every discussion?

You were perhaps still in secondary school when I campaigned tirelessly for the IB to be made president in 2010. I guess I was driven by religion and ethnicity then too. Kiddo!

If you "campaigned tirelessly" for GEJ, what it illustrates is that you are consistently wrong as there was nothing from his past - in Bayelsa state or as vice-president - that remotely suggested he would make a good president. This is what I said of GEJ in 2010:
4Play:
Good response from Mikeansy. It's the triumph of politics and corruption over the national interest. This man will turn out to be the worst President we've had since Shagari. Because he's taken over in extra-ordinary circumstances, his power base is not strong which means he feels he needs to bribe his way to gain loyalty.
https://www.nairaland.com/508968/jonathan-blew-away-27-billion#6701023

A typical Nairaland partisan poster is usually an ethno-religious internet warrior or one paid to post, often both. What marks them out, particularly the paid poster, is their ubiquitous appearance on multitudes of threads to post in support of a politician/party. Often contradicting themselves from one policy position to the next. This feature describes you aptly.

3 Likes

Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by APCmyheart(m): 12:50pm On Dec 27, 2016
seguno2:

Lies, distortion and propaganda are the main stay of APC people.
Buhari lifted the ban on rice imports that Jonathan had put in place as part of a comprehensive agricultural development program.
Say the truth and put the devil to shame even though it might be difficult for someone who belongs to the demonic APC party.

https://www.nairaland.com/3395470/customs-removes-ban-importation-rice

LOL you can keep lying to yourself but not me, I based in Cotonou and i know a lot of whare houses they store rice, That thread you post was on oct 8 and Custom deny lifting the ban on Oct 9 so as to put your likes to shame hahahah...

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/rice-imports-remain-banned-land-borders-customs/

1 Like

Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by bcashy: 12:54pm On Dec 27, 2016
BeClever:

Congrats, AY least you are able to gather some strength to type stupidly since after queuing for three days to assess Lake Rice...
You need some rest from the physical and psychological stress illiterate Buhari has subjected you..

Illiterate buhari that is ruling over u and ur entire lineage abi? buhari that has acheived more than what ur entire lineage can ever think of abi? The more you open that maggot filled mouth, the more ur stupidity radiates.i know people that can take careof ur family that bought out of the lake rice, so what point are u trying to make? if buhari is a true definition of illiterate, you better pray to be one cos its obvious ur being literate has brought u nothing but stupidity.

2 Likes

Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by rusher14: 12:54pm On Dec 27, 2016
DropShot:

What harsher condition did OBJ operate in?

Before you tell me the crude price per barrel in 1999 to 2007, also remember to tell me our population, our demand for imported goods then, as well as our GDP.

Many of you forget that natural course of event cannot make Nigeria function on parameters of 2010 talk less of 1999.

I keep asking them if it was possible in 2001 for Michael to sit in his living living room in Ajangbadi whilst swiping his debit card to import Brazilian hair for his bae Chioma ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by Newmanluckyman(m): 1:10pm On Dec 27, 2016
... External reserves that doesn't have meaning on the lives of an average nigerians.
Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by rusher14: 1:15pm On Dec 27, 2016
Newmanluckyman:
... External reserves that doesn't have meaning on the lives of an average nigerians.

To the limit of your understanding.

1 Like

Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by DropShot: 1:22pm On Dec 27, 2016
4Play:

If you "campaigned tirelessly" for GEJ, what it illustrates is that you are consistently wrong as there was nothing from his past - in Bayelsa state or as vice-president - that remotely suggested he would make a good president. This is what I said of GEJ in 2010:
https://www.nairaland.com/508968/jonathan-blew-away-27-billion#6701023

A typical Nairaland partisan poster is usually an ethno-religious internet warrior or one paid to post, often both. What marks them out, particularly the paid poster, is their ubiquitous appearance on multitudes of threads to post in support of a politician/party. Often contradicting themselves from one policy position to the next. This feature describes you aptly.

I have not contradicted myself but because you're too myopic and judgmental, you get yourself confused.

1. If you were smart enough, you'd notice that my reference to 2010 was when GEJ was being denied/prevented by the cabal from becoming a substantive president when Yar'Adua passed on.

2. In 2011, though I was not strongly opposed to him but I didn't mind him either giving the fact that majority of Nigerians saw him as a departure from the past and especially because he was from a minority group, a PhD holder, and a few other sentiments.

Yes, we knew he wasn't a good governor neither was he a good VP but Nigerians were right to give him a chance.

I leave you alone with your religion and ethnic bigotry.

2 Likes

Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by seguno2: 1:34pm On Dec 27, 2016
APCmyheart:
LOL you can keep lying to yourself but not me, I based in Cotonou and i know a lot of whare houses they store rice, That thread you post was on oct 8 and Custom deny lifting the ban on Oct 9 so as to put your likes to shame hahahah...

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/rice-imports-remain-banned-land-borders-customs/

You are yet to show where Buhari imposed the ban.
I have shown you that a ban was in place before Buhari tried to lift it and was pressured to let the ban remain.
The link below from Tinubu's newspaper was in 2013 when Jonathan banned rice imports.

http://thenationonlineng.net/fed-govt-bans-importation-of-rice-through-land-borders/
Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by Newmanluckyman(m): 1:36pm On Dec 27, 2016
rusher14:

To the limit of your understanding.

... Please kindly educate us on how the so called external reserves has added meaning to you and the nation.

1 Like

Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by APCmyheart(m): 1:37pm On Dec 27, 2016
seguno2:

You are yet to show where Buhari imposed the ban.
I have shown you that a ban was in place before Buhari tried to lift it and was pressured to let the ban remain.

Please who impose the ban in the first place? Did GEJ have the guts to ban anything from entering Nigeria even toothpick... hahah

Nothing person no go see for Nairaland..

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/fg-to-ban-rice-importation-next-2-years/

http://sportsdayonline.com/fg-bans-rice-importation/

2 Likes

Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by seguno2: 1:38pm On Dec 27, 2016
APCmyheart:
Please who impose the ban in the first place? Nothing person no go see for Nairaland..

Who was president in 2013?

http://thenationonlineng.net/fed-govt-bans-importation-of-rice-through-land-borders/

https://gain.fas.usda.gov/Recent%20GAIN%20Publications/Nigeria%20Begins%20Implementation%20of%20Rice%20Levy%20Increase%20_Lagos_Nigeria_1-25-2013.pdf
Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by 7lives: 1:42pm On Dec 27, 2016
blackpanda:
[s][/s]

Pls shut up.

God bless you for dishing it out to that fellow, they thought everyone was a fool like them.

1 Like

Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by APCmyheart(m): 1:44pm On Dec 27, 2016
seguno2:

https://gain.fas.usda.gov/Recent%20GAIN%20Publications/Nigeria%20Begins%20Implementation%20of%20Rice%20Levy%20Increase%20_Lagos_Nigeria_1-25-2013.pdf

LOL like i said i based in Cotonou and i see how trailers they enter Nigeria on daily basis through Idiroko border.. Keep lying to your co wailers..

2 Likes

Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by seguno2: 1:49pm On Dec 27, 2016
APCmyheart:
Please who impose the ban in the first place? Did GEJ have the guts to ban anything from entering Nigeria even toothpick... hahah

Nothing person no go see for Nairaland..

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/fg-to-ban-rice-importation-next-2-years/

http://sportsdayonline.com/fg-bans-rice-importation/

From your own sportsdayonline link:

The Comptroller-General of Customs, Hameed Ali, said the presidency had given approval for the reversal of an earlier policy in October 2015 which allowed rice imports through land borders, once appropriate duty and charges were paid.

You can laugh at yourself as your half baked lies are exposed for what they are despite your failed attempts to intimidate with links that only expose you and your saviour in Aso Rock.
Cotonou ko, kutonu ni.
Too much lies. Haba!!!
Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by rusher14: 1:50pm On Dec 27, 2016
Newmanluckyman:
... Please kindly educate us on how the so called external reserves has added meaning to you and the nation.

The common man cannot complain about the exchange rate of the Naira to other currencies yet dismiss the need for a robust external reserve.
Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by seguno2: 1:56pm On Dec 27, 2016
BeClever:
I can understand you position.. When hunger couldn't let you wait for the real change you were promised and everything sounds good to you..

A man broke your father's mansion and squats you in his BQ, frustration will make you think he has tried for you..

Buhari till 2023...Anuofia!

Truly, it is Buhari till 2023 except our born-to-rule brethren from the north are ready to support a southerner to replace him.
Otherwise we continue to suffer together with the zombies who brought this curse upon us.
Let general CORRUPTION keep pretending that he is fighting corruption until 2023.
Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by APCmyheart(m): 1:58pm On Dec 27, 2016
seguno2:

From your own sportsdayonline link:

You can laugh at yourself as your half baked lies are exposed for what they are despite your failed attempts to intimidate with links that only expose you and your saviour in Aso Rock.
Cotonou ko, kutonu ni.
Too much lies. Haba!!!

Wow you know what like about you? You know how to read but lack understanding, He ask the ban to be reversed only when they pay normal duty That alone should show you Buhari don't want them to import rice, Do you know how much the duty is?

I based in Cotonou and lots of those into rice business regretted going into the business hahaha.. Even Thailand is complaining now.

1 Like

Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by seguno2: 2:04pm On Dec 27, 2016
APCmyheart:
Wow you know what like about you? You know how to read but lack understanding, He ask the ban to be reversed only when they pay normal duty That alone should show you Buhari don't want them to import rice, Do you know how much the duty is?

I based in Cotonou and lots of those into rice business regretted going into the business hahaha.. Even Thailand is complaining now.

Who imposed the very high tariffs?
Who?

Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by Newmanluckyman(m): 2:05pm On Dec 27, 2016
rusher14:

The common man cannot complain about the exchange rate of the Naira to other currencies yet dismiss the need for a robust external reserve.
... You made a good point. However, during the times our external reserves got to its highest peak, has there been a time we have or enjoy a relatively low prices of goods and services?

1 Like

Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by rusher14: 2:16pm On Dec 27, 2016
Newmanluckyman:
... You made a good point. However, during the times our external reserves got to its highest peak, has there been a time we have or enjoy a relatively low prices of goods and services?

Everything is relative.

The 2013 prices are lower relative to 2015.

Understanding why is the conundrum.

1 Like

Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by Newmanluckyman(m): 2:23pm On Dec 27, 2016
rusher14:

Everything is relative.

The 2013 prices are lower relative to 2015.

Understanding why is the conundrum.

... Then if our govt, economic experts and pundits can't understand that "conundrum" you rightly mentioned then one can significantly draw conclusions that high or increase in our external reserves haven't benefitted the masses. This position will hold until we are able to unravel the mysteries surrounding that "conundrum".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP G-5 Must Stop Arrogating Powers They Don’t Have To Themselves – Babatope / Nigeria’s Daily Petrol Consumption Reduces By 33.58% - NMDPRA / Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.