Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,153 members, 7,842,319 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? (9879 Views)

Troops Demolish Boko Haram Guard Post In Sambisa, Kill Insurgents [PHO / Heavy Rainfall In Lagos: Good Or Bad Sign For APC's Rally? / 234next: Yoruba Newspaper Reclaiming Nigeria's Good Name Soiled By The Ibos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by SEFAGO(m): 10:38am On Nov 20, 2009
For those people who are not aware- Africans haven't contributed anything significant to the science or business- and you guys could call me names from morning to night it wouldn't change things.

Try and criticize yourselfs, and identify where to improve. No one cares who enslaved who first or what the missionaries did 80 years ago,. We are talking about the now, the present- leave the past where it is supposed to be, a relic of memory

I am actually glad, you brought up my post- i used the word significant, not some small pea billionaires, or just one or two scientists.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by transformR: 10:38am On Nov 20, 2009
SEFAGO:

U need to have something they want mate.

I am certainly not your mate Geeza

SEFAGO:

Thats why it is called trade  .

Duh!

SEFAGO:

All africa has is natural resources without much skill power to develop it. Crude oil would be what it is without manufacturing and refining it- crude. They have trade agreements with other countries who have what they want- countries who trade not just unmanufactured products, but manufactured products, skill power and such.

Emancipate your mind and free yourself from mental slavery - Marcus Garvey

You are inconsistent, and not well read I asked 3 questions:

Tell me why dose Africa not have a fair trade agreement with Europe or the USA? If they did can't you see that Africa would be lifted out of poverty?

Why is Africa begining to get richer?

Why did Europeans and American prevent Awolowo, Lumumba, Nkurumah and Toure from ruling?

If you cannot answer these questions PROPERLY then you need to go and do some serious reading READING READING READING READING  READING READING  READING READING   grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by transformR: 10:39am On Nov 20, 2009
SEFAGO:

I am actually glad, you brought up my post- i used the word significant, not some small pea billionaires, or just one or two scientists.

Emancipate your mind and free yourself from mental slavery - Marcus Garvey

Its interesting how you call them "small pea billionaires", how much money have you made? grin grin grin grin grin

[SCIENCE]
Philip Emeagwali [/b]was a pioneer in the field of super-computers - supercomputers are the backbone of the internet - do some reading!

[b][SCIENCE and BUSINESS]

Mike Adenuga - Billionaire who is building an underwater cable from Nigeria to London, this will take not just Nigeria but the whole of Africa to a whole new
level as many idle people on Nairaland can get a job in a call center.  In his own words: by providing unprecedented high speed internet services and make
telecom services much faster, more reliable and cheaper for consumers.
READ READ READ!!!!!!!!   http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/17335/1/-Glo-1-cable-ll--boost-Africas-economic-growth-says-Adenuga/Page1.html

[BUSINESS]
Mr Ogunlesi ust completed the takeover of Gatwick Englands second largest international airport.LAST MONTH
http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/banking_and_finance/article6884700.ece

Bayo is one of the most influential business people in the world, hes investment fund goes round the world buying INFRASTRUCTURE After buying Gatwick hes fund still had $2.6 billion left!

[BUSINESS]
Aliko Dangote’s company activities include sugar refining, flour milling, pasta production, salt processing, bulk cement bagging, steel rolling, oil and gas refining, real estate, propylene bags, haulage products, textiles, maritime operations, and telecommunications.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by SEFAGO(m): 10:55am On Nov 20, 2009
Why is Africa beggining to get richer?

grin grin grin, thats a first. Maybe its because we are beginning to adjust to the economic system. Please tell me what african countries are growing richer? And tell me what aspect of their industry is growing richer? And most importantly tell me if their groth is based on internal factors (industry within the country) or external factors (exports of raw materials to fuel real growth in emerging economies like China or India)  

Why did Europeans and American prevent Awolowo, Lumumba, Nkurumah and Toure from ruling?

Nkrumah ruled mate, he his government was actually very good, but like most recent post-colonial governments, it declined in transparency, infact Nkrumahs term was marked by significant corruption. This has been historically documented. You could read Ayi Kwei Armah's "Beautyful ones are not yet born" and he portrayed Nkrumah's government as very corrupt. Furthermore Nkrumah was a brilliant leader, but he was also wanted to industrialize Ghana as quickly as possible, and so he incurred massive debt as a result, which affected the ghanian economy. His government was marked by bad governance and unplanned spending which later led to a coup- but i would admit he was a brilliant leader.

Awolowo- was also a good leader- i wouldn't expantiate because most nigerians know about him.

I dont really know much about the others. i know lumumba was a congolese and such.

Tell me why dose Africa not have a fair trade agreement with Europe or the USA? If they did can't you see that Africa would be lifted out of poverty?

Are u dumb?

U need to have something they want mate. Thats why it is called trade  Huh. All africa has is natural resources without much skill power to develop it. Crude oil would be what it is without manufacturing and refining it- crude. They have trade agreements with other countries who have what they want- countries who trade not just unmanufactured products, but manufactured products, skill power and such.

Why set up trade agreements with a region full of corrupt leaders, incompetent politicians and infrastructures. Are you really really this dense?

Please ask good questions, I am beginning to vex.

You remind me of mugabe, blaming everything on europeans while wrecking his country at the ssame time, and sending his wife on shopping sprees to europe and hong kong
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by violent(m): 10:56am On Nov 20, 2009
SEFAGO:

shocked shocked shocked.

The trans-atlantic slave trade was an european-african collaboration. And yes it was a reeemix. However I would concede that the chattel slavery was in no way similar to sub-saharan slavery and that the behavior of the europeans was just purely abominable. I think it would hurt more knowing that you were sold by your own blood into slavery, and that this people refused to stop the slavery even when europeans enacted laws to abolish it.

i owe u a can of beer!
slavery became profound in Africa simply because the leaders were corrupt in the first place, they were so eager to sell change neighbors for mirrors, wine etcetera
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by SEFAGO(m): 11:07am On Nov 20, 2009
Its interesting how you call them "small pea billionaires", how much money have you made?

Thats not the point. Do u really know why I called them small peas billionaires? Look at how they made their money- agreed money is money, but sometimes the way other people make money is very different. Has Oprah used the money she got to invest in other areas and made significant profit from it? Appearing on TV and getting paid a lot for your personalitydoesn't signify much.

[SCIENCE]
Philip Emeagwali was a pioneer in the field of super-computers - supercomputers are the backbone of the internet - do some reading!

This is one of the greatest frauds of our generation  sad

[
SCIENCE and BUSINESS]
Mike Adenuga - Billionaire who is building an underwater cable from Nigeria to London, this will take not just Nigeria but the whole of Africa to a whole new
level as many idle people on Nairaland can get a job in a call center.  In his own words: by providing unprecedented high speed internet services and make
telecom services much faster, more reliable and cheaper for consumers.
READ READ READ!!!!!!!!   http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/17335/1/-Glo-1-cable-ll--boost-Africas-economic-growth-says-Adenuga/Page1.html

Thank you IBB  grin.

However, case-in-point, Adenuga is investing outside nigeria- if he manages to compete very well in a foreign market, adn not on a tuft where he can bribe his way through- I would be really impressed

[BUSINESS]
Mr Ogunlesi ust completed the takeover of Gatwick Englands second largest international airport.LAST MONTH
http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/banking_and_finance/article6884700.ece

Bayo is one of the most influential business people in the world, hes investment fund goes round the world buying INFRASTRUCTURE After buying Gatwick hes fund still had $2.6 billion left!

brilliant man. But he is just one of the wheels in the machinery of credit suisse ( an european bank). Consider the other wheels and their deals- i doubt europeans would include a member of credit suisse as a credit to their race.  

[BUSINESS]
Aliko Dangote’s company activities include sugar refining, flour milling, pasta production, salt processing, bulk cement bagging, steel rolling, oil and gas refining, real estate, propylene bags, haulage products, textiles, maritime operations, and telecommunications.

Good an industrialist. Simple stuff like sugar refining and what any mallam can figure out. I want him to start a hedge fund with his money, investing in areas where he is not guaranteed an unfair monopoly. Launch a pharmaceutical company which engages in research and development.

Most importantly, I want to see people in the vein of Li Ka Shing, Lakshmi Mittal and not small boys and local champions lipsrsealed
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by SEFAGO(m): 11:19am On Nov 20, 2009
i owe u a can of beer!
slavery became profound in Africa simply because the leaders were corrupt in the first place, they were so eager to sell change neighbors for mirrors, wine etcetera 

I would argue slightly differently though. I don't think the leaders were corrupt per se. African tribes had a very strong leadership structure. The leaders felt they were just doing the usual trade by batter that was commonplace in Africa. The slave trade to the Africans was just business, and nothing personal.

Infact have you heard of madam tinubu: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madam_Tinubu

she was strongly against the abolition of the slave trade and was a very famous slave trader. But she stopped when she found out that the slavery in the Americas/Europe was horrible compared to the more human one practiced in africa. I also remember the oba kosoko and akintoye story. I remember fela kuti sang in his song that the british removed kosoko. Fela was saying the british were trying to get lagos by deposing of oba akintoye and how hey were aided by shameless africans. However, this wasn't the case. Akintoye was against slave trade, and he was removed because of this and replaced by kosoko- the british removed kosoko to prevent him from continuing the slave trade with portugal. However, it was too late- significant amount of yorubas had been sold by kosoko and madam tinubu to the portuguese. 

My case in point- we africans suffer too much from paranoia
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by anonimi: 11:34am On Nov 20, 2009
* why is it so difficult for us, africans, to face up to the hash realities of our collective failure in spite of a very few individual success stories
* why must we deflect our collective failures to others- leaders, whites, slavery, pastors/missionaries BUT never to ourselves
* why must we constantly refer to our "old" glories- civilisation started in egypt, bini kingdom, etc
* why must we fail to recognise teh advances made by others in similar situation like ourselves-india has caste system & AIDS etc
* was slavery, already practised by m'uslims/arabs before christians/whites joined in and which arabs continue till today, NOT also stopped by whites/christians to the annoyance of the black slave raiders/traders
* how many of those who keep taking solace in the old glories will accept his child coming home with a report card showing last in class only for the child to say "but I was first ten year ago"
* when will we be outraged enough to do something about our collective stigma of never-do-well
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by transformR: 11:41am On Nov 20, 2009
SEFAGO:

grin grin grin, thats a first. Maybe its because we are beginning to adjust to the economic system. Please tell me what african countries are growing richer? And tell me what aspect of their industry is growing richer? And most importantly tell me if their groth is based on internal factors (industry within the country) or external factors (exports of raw materials to fuel real growth in emerging economies like China or India

The answer is in bold, that is so because these two nations do not have a "I am your Master" mentality like the Americans and Europeans.  Secondly, they are only interested in TRADE not medling with government.  Hence they could'nt careless if Africa developed or not but on the otherhand Europeans and the Americans have paid billions to make sure that Africa is ruled by complete Dummies.  Have you listened to Felas ITT? You see Felka tried to simplify complex situations so the common man that is suffering in Africa could see what was going on - he was about breaking the chains of Mental slavery.

SEFAGO:

Nkrumah ruled mate, he his government was actually very good, but like most recent post-colonial governments, it declined in transparency, infact Nkrumahs term was marked by significant corruption. This has been historically documented. You could read Ayi Kwei Armah's "Beautyful ones are not yet born" and he portrayed Nkrumah's government as very corrupt. Furthermore Nkrumah was a brilliant leader, but he was also wanted to industrialize Ghana as quickly as possible, and so he incurred massive debt as a result, which affected the ghanian economy. His government was marked by bad governance and unplanned spending which later led to a coup- but i would admit he was a brilliant leader.

Awolowo- was also a good leader- i wouldn't expantiate because most nigerians know about him.

I dont really know much about the others. i know lumumba was a congolese and such.

Well you need to read more not just do a quick, 5 minute look at articles on Wikipedia otherwise you will struggle to fathom the issues I discuss.

SEFAGO:

Are u dumb?

[size=14pt]Clearly not, but it would be dumb to further this dialog with someone as insane as you [/size] grin grin grin grin
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by transformR: 11:43am On Nov 20, 2009
anonimi:

* why is it so difficult for us, africans, to face up to the hash realities of our collective failure in spite of a very few individual success stories

NL is full of failure stories  grin

Sceondly, why do you look down on what your people have achieved? I have waaaaay more examples:

[SCIENCE and BUSINESS]
Robert O. Agbede is the President and CEO of Chester Engineers, a leading national water and waste water engineering and scientific research firm. Mr. Agbede, after 15 years as the founder, President and CEO of Advanced Technology Systems, Inc. (ATS Group), became the leader of the largest African-American owned municipal engineering services firm in the United States.

[SCIENCE and BUSINESS]
Mr. Phuthuma Freedom Nhleko is the President at MTN Group Ltd. Phuthuma Nhleko has come a long way from his first job, a little over two decades ago, as a civil engineer trainee for the Ohio Department of Transportation, in the US. Mr. Nhleko served as the Group Chief Executive Officer at MTN Group Ltd. from July 1, 2002 to November 2004. Previously he served as a Senior Executive of the Standard Corporate and Merchant Bank corporate finance team from 1991 to 1994. Mr. Nhleko was previously the Executive Chairman and one of the founding members of Worldwide African Investment Holdings (Pty) Limited (WAIH).

[SCIENCE and BUSINESS]
Patrice Tlhopane Motsepe [/b]is Executive Chairman of African Rainbow Minerals Limited, ARM, a leading, niche-diversified mining and minerals company, based in Johannesburg, South Africa. He is also the non-executive Chairman of Harmony and the Deputy Chairman of Sanlam.

[BUSINESS]
[b]Tidjane Thiam
In March 2009 The first black chief executive of a FTSE-100 company was appointed yesterday. Tidjane Thiam, a French national who was born in the Ivory Coast, is to take over at insurance firm Prudential in October, replacing Mark Tucker.  He will be oversee $80 Billion in investments yes $80Billion!!!!!!!!!!

Thiam, 46, who is currently the company’s finance director, was educated in Paris and has previously worked for McKinsey & Company and Aviva. He also turned his talents towards politics for a period in the 1990s, when he returned to his native Ivory Coast to serve as minister for development. 

[BUSINESS]
Victor Olufemi Adebowale, Baron Adebowale, CBE (born 21 July 1962) is the Chief Executive of the social care enterprise Turning Point and was one of the first to become a People's Peer. 
He is a Director of Leadership in Mind organisational development consultancy

a non exec of the health IT consultancy St Vincents

A member of the Audit Commission and has advised governments of all parties on Employment, Housing, Poverty and Public Service Reform.

In 2009 he was listed as one of the 25 most influential people in housing policy over the ast 25 year by the housing professionals magazine Inside Housing
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by SEFAGO(m): 11:56am On Nov 20, 2009
Secondly, they are only interested in TRADE not medling with government. Hence they could'nt careless if Africa developed or not but on the otherhand Europeans and the Americans have paid billions to make sure that Africa is ruled by complete Dummies. Have you listened to Felas ITT? You see Felka tried to simplify complex situations so the common man that is suffering in Africa could see what was going on - he was about breaking the chains of Mental slavery.

So, i am really confused. Europe tries to get in bad leaders to rule africa- while pouring billions into african aid. So they spend so much tie trying to keep Africa down, while spending less time on their competitors shocked shocked So whats their gripe with Africa grin grin grin Like seriously listen to yourself?

yes, i have heard ITT. Fela was a great musician and political critique, but like you paranoid grin grin grin. He was still claiing aids wasn't real uptill his death smiley. He claimed in ITT that europeans were taking money from africa to fuel their economy- but that is exactly the same thing china and india are doing. What you guys think is growth in Africa is pseudo growth, also known as commodity growth. Due to the needs of two emerging economies, it seems africa is growing but immediately these countries dont need us theyw ould leave us in the cold like Europe and then your son would come here complaining about racist chinese and indians who were taking africa's resources away grin

Well you need to read more not just do a quick, 5 minute look at articles on Wikipedia otherwise you will struggle to fathom the issues I discuss

I get better things to do, but i think europeans placed leaders to favor their interest- which makes sense. However think, can someone become a leader with overwhelming support from a group of people? Even though nigerian politics is rigged- it was done with significant support from the all our leaders. If there is significant dissent.

I have placed myself in a gridlock- if you noticed. I would extricate myself by saying that agreed europe might be trying to further their interest- but all is fair in this competitive world
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by SEFAGO(m): 12:00pm On Nov 20, 2009
[SCIENCE and BUSINESS]
Robert O. Agbede is the President and CEO of Chester Engineers, a leading national water and waste water engineering and scientific research firm. Mr. Agbede, after 15 years as the founder, President and CEO of Advanced Technology Systems, Inc. (ATS Group), became the leader of the largest African-American owned municipal engineering services firm in the United States.

Cool, you are managing the money of the people you are criticizing.

[SCIENCE and BUSINESS]
Mr. Phuthuma Freedom Nhleko is the President at MTN Group Ltd. Phuthuma Nhleko has come a long way from his first job, a little over two decades ago, as a civil engineer trainee for the Ohio Department of Transportation, in the US. Mr. Nhleko served as the Group Chief Executive Officer at MTN Group Ltd. from July 1, 2002 to November 2004. Previously he served as a Senior Executive of the Standard Corporate and Merchant Bank corporate finance team from 1991 to 1994. Mr. Nhleko was previously the Executive Chairman and one of the founding members of Worldwide African Investment Holdings (Pty) Limited (WAIH).

see the above

[SCIENCE and BUSINESS]
Patrice Tlhopane Motsepe is Executive Chairman of African Rainbow Minerals Limited, ARM, a leading, niche-diversified mining and minerals company, based in Johannesburg, South Africa. He is also the non-executive Chairman of Harmony and the Deputy Chairman of Sanlam.

BEP

[BUSINESS]
In March 2009 The first black chief executive of a FTSE-100 company was appointed yesterday. Tidjane Thiam, a French national who was born in the Ivory Coast, is to take over at insurance firm Prudential in October, replacing Mark Tucker. He will be oversee $80 Billion in investments yes $80Billion!!!!!!!!!!

Thiam, 46, who is currently the company’s finance director, was educated in Paris and has previously worked for McKinsey & Company and Aviva. He also turned his talents towards politics for a period in the 1990s, when he returned to his native Ivory Coast to serve as minister for development.

see my first comment

[BUSINESS]
Victor Olufemi Adebowale, Baron Adebowale, CBE (born 21 July 1962) is the Chief Executive of the social care enterprise Turning Point and was one of the first to become a People's Peer.

A member of the Audit Commission and has advised governments of all parties on Employment, Housing, Poverty and Public Service Reform.

In 2009 he was listed as one of the 25 most influential people in housing policy over the ast 25 year by the housing professionals magazine Inside Housing

see my first coment
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by SEFAGO(m): 12:01pm On Nov 20, 2009
In case you dont get what i want- i want some sort of african microsoft- that would be a more suitable example- I want us doing the exploiting that is what i meant- significant
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by transformR: 12:02pm On Nov 20, 2009
anonimi:

* why must we deflect our collective failures to others- leaders, whites, slavery, pastors/missionaries BUT never to ourselves

Slavery was a crime, it needs to be acknowledged and never look down on those peoples suffering  grin grin grin don't you realise that some people were born as and died as slaves?

can't you see that me and many other positive people are saying love yourself and be progressive? This is the problem when people just jump to the END of a discussion
try to read the earlier comments not the LAST page.

anonimi:

* why must we constantly refer to our "old" glories- civilisation started in egypt, bini kingdom, etc
* why must we fail to recognise teh advances made by others in similar situation like ourselves-india has caste system & AIDS etc
Japan, UK, Spain and many other rich nations have a Monarchy, what is that based on? present glory?

India is a work in progress just like Nigeria is, you need to read! The caste system is ingrained into Hindu religion! The racism in Nigeria is just ignorance that
can be wiped out with education and GOOD leaders.

anonimi:

was slavery, already practised by m'uslims/arabs before christians/whites joined in and which arabs continue till today, NOT also stopped by whites/christians to the annoyance of the black slave raiders/traders 
* how many of those who keep taking solace in the old glories will accept his child coming home with a report card showing last in class only for the child to say "but I was first ten year ago" 

This is an imature rant

anonimi:

* when will we be outraged enough to do something about our collective stigma of never-do-well 

You are making assumptions that everyone is as lazy as you sitting around and just whinging – wrong!  I listed several examples of the worlds finest and I will list more, including some that I have met.  I will not talk about myself, my achievements or my goals because idle ones like yourself will say something like:
“Why are black people/Africans always confident”?  grin grin grin grin OR "Why are Nigerians so loud and egotistical" anything to degrade your own people!
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by Demainman1: 12:07pm On Nov 20, 2009
transformR:

NL is full of failure stories grin

Sceondly, why do you look down on what your people have achieved? I have waaaaay more examples:

[SCIENCE and BUSINESS]

[SCIENCE and BUSINESS]

[SCIENCE and BUSINESS]
Patrice Tlhopane Motsepe is Executive Chairman of African Rainbow Minerals Limited, ARM, a leading, niche-diversified mining and minerals company, based in Johannesburg, South Africa. He is also the non-executive Chairman of Harmony and the Deputy Chairman of Sanlam.

[BUSINESS]
In March 2009 The first black chief executive of a FTSE-100 company was appointed yesterday. Tidjane Thiam, a French national who was born in the Ivory Coast, is to take over at insurance firm Prudential in October, replacing Mark Tucker. He will be oversee $80 Billion in investments yes $80Billion!!!!!!!!!!

[BUSINESS]

Transformer or whatever ur name is. U sure have a good knowledge of the black achievers of our time. But don't u think that if all of us should imbibe those same we can do it attitude of the above mentioned individuals instead of constantly blaming someone else for our woes, Nigeria would be a better place for it.

Imagine nigeria with 24/7 power supply for a year. You will not belief what will be achieved.

Anyway I no sabi write too much grammar. My point is, blame corruption on the part of blacks/nigerian leaders for our problems today!!!

Stop, just stop blaming everything on slavery that happened hundreds of years ago.

By saying the europeans/americans is spending billions to continue to keep us down as one commentator suggested is to admit that we are fools!!!

Why e be say na only our leaders dey fall for that well known fact still!
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by SEFAGO(m): 12:13pm On Nov 20, 2009
can't you see that me and many other positive people are saying love yourself and be progressive?

Can't we love ourselves while being aware of our faults and trying to strive to rise above those faults? The point is that a lot of us are comfortable in our own skin and dont need the small justification of the existence of a civilization to decide what we do in our lives.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by SEFAGO(m): 12:16pm On Nov 20, 2009
Transformer or whatever your name is. U sure have a good knowledge of the black achievers of our time.

These are all small fry. Do u want me to copare you to singapore or hong kong- this countries have far more achievers. though the ratio between eache country and africa's population is in the 1000s
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by proproman(m): 12:22pm On Nov 20, 2009
@SEFAGO & anonimi, I don't get you guys' drift. Is it that the whities had no part to play in our present misfortune or not? Granted we have our faults and a huge chunk of the blame to take for our present predicament but to ignore the role of slavery, both physical and mental would be pure ignorance. Example, Juventus were relegated in 2006 for match fixing. Till today, the only trophy they have won is the Serie B trophy. It is not that they do not have what it takes to win the Serie A or Champions league but they are still suffering from the after effects of relegation. So also is Africa suffering the after effects of slavery. Granted, it is not the sole reason why we are where we are now but it is a serious determining factor. Like someone said on this thread, we are still suffering from mental slavery. The white men made us believe we had to depend on them to survive and a large number of us still believe it. That is why most of us don't try our hands at new things, intentions and discoveries because we believe the white man has done everything and we don't need to do anything. We believe we can never be as good or developed as the white man. We believe the white man is our saviour and we should not try to save ourselves. Some people are actually waiting for foreigners to get rid of our government so things can get better. If we can liberate ourselves from mental slavery, believe we are the only people we should depend on, believe we can surpass the white man, then we will. Mental slavery is holding us down. Realize that.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by Demainman1: 12:28pm On Nov 20, 2009
SEFAGO:

These are all small fry. Do u want me to copare you to singapore or hong kong- this countries have far more achievers. though the ratio between eache country and africa's population is in the 1000s

My man we are together on this one. Let them continue to wallow in slavery self pity instead of advising their fathers/uncles/brothers and even themselves to situp and lead well or move out and allow someone else to rule well.

Go to Aba today it has become den of kidnappers instead of once thriving industrialized town. Na slavery cause am or na wicked rulers?

Ordinary electricity dem no fit provide when oyibo don invent everything needed to generate and transmit power o.

Use our money(we have it in abundance), buy what is needed, give ur people light. Whossai!!!

Keep blaming slave masters there. Our pastors are using the same bible used by the slave masters, written by Europeans/Americans to fleece the poorest of the poor in our society.

Open ur eyes mate. Blame urself!!!
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by transformR: 12:35pm On Nov 20, 2009
Demain_man:

My man we are together on this one. Let them continue to wallow in slavery self pity instead of advising their fathers/uncles/brothers and even themselves to situp and lead well or move out and allow someone else to rule well.

Go to Aba today it has become den of kidnappers instead of once thriving industrialized town. Na slavery cause am or na wicked rulers?

[size=14pt]This is an example of mental slavery folks [/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin [size=14pt]YUK![/size]

No what caused it is lazy, uneducated dummies like you who are jealous of other black peoples success.  So instead of looking up to them and replicating it they say hey lets kidnap them - hoe dumb!  You said we are blaming the white man then you go and blame the leaders instead of the stupid prats that comit crime! Na wa for you oh! I will tell you for the last time the African leaders are puppets for the west; if you can't understand that then go back to school, phew!  grin grin grin grin

Demain_man:

By saying the europeans/americans is spending billions to continue to keep us down as one commentator suggested is to admit that we are fools!!!

If you have access to a TV switch it on and take a look at FOX, CNN, BBC and also look at the news in the media, type in Nigeria, corruption, black people then come back and tell me you have learnt something  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by proproman(m): 12:36pm On Nov 20, 2009
Specifically@ anonimi, I don't know what to say to you, really. Have you never heard that the future is the child of the past and the present? We should ignore our past in forging ahead. What are you saying? If your child comes home with a bad result and reminds you that he had a good result the previous year, what will bother you? Is it just the fact that the child failed or that the child once passed but now fails? I will be bothered about the latter because if the child always comes home with a bad result, you can surmise that the child is not brilliant but when the child was once brilliant but now fails then you have to find out the cause because that will be the key to making the child pass again. Africa has not always been backward and under developed. Our problems as we know it started from the slave trade. Reviewing the events between the slave to present day and our present conditions will tell us how to make our future brighter than our today. The past is the key, the present is the door. Both are needed to unlock the future. Ignore your past and you forfeit your future. Realize that.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by transformR: 12:39pm On Nov 20, 2009
proproman:

Specifically@ anonimi, I don't know what to say to you, really. Have you never heard that the future is the child of the past and the present? We should ignore our past in forging ahead. What are you saying? If your child comes home with a bad result and reminds you that he had a good result the previous year, what will bother you? Is it just the fact that the child failed or that the child once passed but now fails? I will be bothered about the latter because if the child always comes home with a bad result, you can surmise that the child is not brilliant but when the child was once brilliant but now fails then you have to find out the cause because that will be the key to making the child pass again. Africa has not always been backward and under developed. Our problems as we know it started from the slave trade. Reviewing the events between the slave to present day and our present conditions will tell us how to make our future brighter than our today. [size=13pt]The past is the key, the present is the door. Both are needed to unlock the future. Ignore your past and you forfeit your future. Realize that.[/size]

Well said grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by Demainman1: 12:44pm On Nov 20, 2009
transformR:

[size=14pt]This is an example of mental slavery folks[/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin [size=14pt]YUK![/size]

What is mental slavery about that point. You just refused to see the truth!

After recognizing the past and the present yet we refused to step into the future!

THINK!!
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by transformR: 12:48pm On Nov 20, 2009
Demain_man:

What is mental slavery about that point. You just refused to see the truth!

After recognizing the past and the present yet we refused to step into the future!

THINK!!

Demain_man:

No what caused it is lazy, uneducated dummies like you who are jealous of other black peoples success. I listed loads of African people who have GLOBAL SUCCESS and you and the other Coconuts just ignored it - you are all negative, brainwashed haters.  So instead of looking up to them and replicating their success those silly kidnappers say 'hey! lets kidnap them instead' - how dumb!  [size=13pt]You said we are blaming the white man then you go and blame the leaders instead of the stupid kidnappers that comit crime![/size] Na wa for you oh! I will tell you for the last time the African leaders are puppets for the west; if you can't understand that then go back to school, phew!  grin grin grin grin

Demain_man:

If you have access to a TV switch it on and take a look at FOX, CNN, BBC and also look at the news in the media, type in Nigeria, corruption, black people then come back and tell me you have learnt something  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin oh type in Africa as well what do you see? Anything positive? Or is it Yaradua and the PDP making all of these Negative programs, documentaries and distorting history? Open your eyes you are walking around DEAF, DUMB and BLIND!
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by oamon: 12:53pm On Nov 20, 2009
@redsun "Why are u talking like an idiot?Who said oyinbo invented books and writing?" Then prove ur point. hackney, has given u some facts. what are your own fact. u see u're the idiot.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by Demainman1: 12:56pm On Nov 20, 2009
TransfomR no need to waste my time with eggheads like u. Continue blaming oyibo for all ur woes. Naija leaders will use that exact line of argument to explain their non-performance.

As for me i know who to blame for naija present predicamnet.

If I ask u now you go say u be Christian!

Bible+Oyibo = Slavery.

Now u are talking mental slavery!
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by oamon: 1:02pm On Nov 20, 2009
@THE-AMAKA
your problem is that you are too myopic, bias, to see reasoning you just talk b'cos pple talk. point out one black achievemnet thats not from white. Is it frm Soyinka, Philips A, Chimamada?

I am not saying that we are inferior to the white, but we don't make use of our opportunities well. Nigeria prior 60s is better than what we have today. What we have today is corruption stilling what belong to you. Thats what I call Slavery Mentality
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by transformR: 1:08pm On Nov 20, 2009
Demain_man:

TransfomR no need to waste my time with eggheads like u.

Definitions of  egghead on the Web:

* an intellectual; a very studious and academic person; "in spite of her love of reading she denied being an egghead"

Demain_man:

Continue blaming oyibo for all your woes.
I am clearly not blaming the White man for all of Africas problems TODAY but Newtons law of motion states that “every action has a reaction”,  The Europeans worked tirlessly to make Africans hate everything about themselves and this thread proves that It is still having an effect.  You cannot rule that out as a cause for African peoples lack of progress.

Demain_man:

Naija leaders will use that exact line of argument to explain their non-performance.

I will never make an excuse for non-performance :  [size=13pt]Yaradua and his administration are a complete and utter joke![/size]

Demain_man:

If I ask u now you go say u be Christian!

Bible+Oyibo = Slavery.

WRONG! I believe in GOD its natural for Africans to believe in GOD and I tend toward my African beliefs if anything.  I do not follow any religion.  Why because, I know that Christianity is an African religion repackaged as a European one and Islam was co-founded by Africans.  More importantly, Igbo, Yoruba, along with most other African religions are older than Christianity and Islam is younger than Christianity  grin grin grin  The most important thing is that we all believe in GOD and live a righteous life.  Mr Achebe and Mr Soyinka, who are among the greatest writers of all time will back me up on these points.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by proproman(m): 1:10pm On Nov 20, 2009
I am somewhat with transformr on this one. The foreigners are not helping us much. Not that they are supposed to but am saying this for those who believe that the whites whole heartedly have the interest of Africa at heart because newsflash is lots of them don't. Most of them have their own interests at heart but to get what they want from Africa, they have to appear to have the interest of Africans at heart. Gone are the days when you just foist yourself on people and siphon their resources. You have to appear to be an ally of progress to be welcome. Watch CNN everyday. All you see is Crises in Africa, AIDS, poverty and corruption like that is all we have. They hardly talk about the good parts, our entertainment, tourism and all that. That's the mental slavery am talking about. Most of us watch CNN and believe that without the whites, Africa can never get it right. The seem to be sympathetic to our "plight" but the truth is, a good number of them are not. We are shown daily on CNN and their ilk, how incapable and incompetent we are of managing ourselves, how the white man has been our best friend, how we will go extinct if the abandon us and we believe it. The foreigners only support African leaders that will serve their interests not the best leaders. Look at the leaders endorsed by the West. Not all of them have exactly turned out to be messiahs in their countries. Yet they were endorsed by these same foreigners that can do no wrong. That is mental slavery people. We believe that if our leaders are not endorsed by the West, they will never be good enough. And our leaders believe it too. That corruption is a major illness in this country is a given but if you look properly, even corruption is a product of mental slavery. Y'all have got to Realize that.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by Demainman1: 1:14pm On Nov 20, 2009
transformR:

Definitions of  egghead on the Web:

* an intellectual; a very studious and academic person; "in spite of her love of reading she denied being an egghead"

That is why i call u egghead. U see I no get time for too much grammar and research about great black achievers like u but all i know is not to continually blame the white people for my woes.

I sure say na english dem take teach u for school and na england u dey live now dey enjoy all their amenities even dem give u job sef.

Please stop blaming dem. pass some blame to those una rulers/collaborators.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by THEAMAKA3(f): 1:15pm On Nov 20, 2009
the whole 10 hours i was asleep you people were here writing essays?
im out! lol
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by violent(m): 1:18pm On Nov 20, 2009
proproman:

The past is the key, the present is the door. Both are needed to unlock the future. Ignore your past and you forfeit your future. Realize that.

Dear friend, am sure you realize that wallowing in the pains of the past only leaves you in the past, Japan suffered from terrible consequences of the world war and yet they forged and moved on, needles to say the country's advancement in technology is one of the best in the world today.
If my kid came home with a result that is poorer than the previous year, i'd simply identify whatever problem he is facing and fix it! and lets say for a second your points about the problems of Africa started with slave trade, but unless am wrong, slave trade ended hundreds of years ago, the whites left our land, and they didn't take our resources and brains with them.
Let's be realistic a bit, individual Africans think about being wealthy in order to be a force to be reckoned with, in our privacy we dream of amassing riches, ad if you are poor, you will have fewer friends than a man who declared he's got swine flu during a flight. why else would you ask a four year old wht he wants to be in life and the only response you get is "i want to be a rich man", its just the mentality that has been passed across to us
the whites think more of advancement, many of them dream of owning nobel titles, they dream of inventions,some different, something spectacular, many Americans are not concerned about being wealthy, a testimony is Warren Buffet who still lives in the house he bought in the 1960s.

The past is not the key, it has nothing to do with what we achieve in the future, what we do today does!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors / Bill Gates Did'nt Cancel Trip - Reuben Abati / Joshua Dariye’s Father Kidnapped By Gunmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.