Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,956 members, 7,838,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? (9876 Views)

Troops Demolish Boko Haram Guard Post In Sambisa, Kill Insurgents [PHO / Heavy Rainfall In Lagos: Good Or Bad Sign For APC's Rally? / 234next: Yoruba Newspaper Reclaiming Nigeria's Good Name Soiled By The Ibos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by transformR: 2:18am On Nov 21, 2009
bawomolo:

Umm it is still emerging.  You do realize economies go through cycles right?

even China had a dip.

It would be nice if you could extend your enthusiasm for Ghana to the whole continent.  As far as economic cycles are concerned of course they are normal, Say it after me: 'what goes up must come down'. grin grin grin grin That is why the UK has still not come out of the resession - because Gordon Brown overborrowed rather than allowing the economy to go through its normal cycle of boom and bust.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by SEFAGO(m): 3:13am On Nov 21, 2009
if oil prices rebounds though,with the way helicopter ben is printing money,then nigerian growth should be solid next yr

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Seems people are totally ignorant about economics- regardless could we talk about the identity theft itself, this economics talk is boring. Africa is still a shithole- we should be talking about how to build it without the support of our resources
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 5:17am On Nov 21, 2009
//
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by transformR: 10:41am On Nov 21, 2009
sauer:

1. Just to do a lil note on dis white-black ting.
2. Well, who are these whitties? For all of ya who thinks the white peep is the guy with that light skin, u know, 3. ? Like u see on TV?,  Well, if you'll be putting all of the peeps in North America + Europe + Asia + Australia 4. +, , then there'll be more white people than there are blacks. So, if in today's world, more white peeps are
5. coming up with scientific theories than blacks, note the existent ratio of shitty whites to niggas. Shouldn't be 6. suprising their voice is louder,  Then factor in our economic situations over here in the dark continent wher
7. am chillin', and you ll be looking at a tendency to bind socially for survival than to isolate oneself for
8. scientific research. Do I have to begin screamin' that inventions/discoveries are often the results of individual 9. isolation/ pondering alone? wink
10. okay, that said

It took 10 lines to say European, Asian and American populations combined is greater than the African population & invention is an application of scientific theory? 

Asians are not white! Neither are Aborigines.  grin grin grin grin grin

sauer:

Scientific advancement's also a shitty bit like exposure, [s]so dont be fazed by the fact that China/Japan are just coming up with their own winners of Nobel prizes and Field medals (late- 20th century); these asian peeps are only recently experiencing their own economic boom. For now, Africa is not adding to the knowledge pool of the world (you can argue this if you jack o' shit), except o' cos you'll factor in yahoo yahoo which is a discipline on its own complete with theories and postulations. Come the time, when we settle our economic probs, we'll be producing Field medalists every year! Smiley and then can vomit up a pool of ours.[/s]

This colloquial statement renders the whole paragraph useless.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by transformR: 10:43am On Nov 21, 2009
sauer:

By the way, for all ya peeps hollering in the previous post about a certain guy, what's his name again? I forget so easily, a certain Phil guy, Phil Emegually, saying he started the internet? Stop bull-shitting yourselves. The last time I saw something gually in nature was when I accidentally stumbled on a [size=13pt]fat woman's ass! [/size]grin. I bet many a computer scientist hasn't even stumbled on that name. This whole thing started with Bill Clinton who came to Naija (with his water, forks, knives, and personal Lewinsky) and tried to psyche us all up so we would believe in ourselves for once. Please just stop it, there are more names worth mentioning in association to the internet. Phil? well, maybe a certain computer guy who tried, just like them all, but come on, come on! there are also tons of americans, germans, chinese, japs and indies worth mentioning.

Save.

You are putting on a vivid display of ignorance and crudeness;  maybe you should have stuck your head up the part of text that is enlarged and bolded.   I am a computer scientist and I have heard of Philip, anyway, it’s a pleasure to educate the blind,

transformR :

Philip Emeagwali was a [b]pioneer [/b]in the field of super-computers - supercomputers are the backbone of the internet - do some reading!

Why did you skip all the other names I listed? Why are you looking for the negative? Typical coconut pull them down mentality, When it comes to Mr Emeagwali Pioneer is the key word here it means:

# open up an area or prepare a way; "She pioneered a graduate program for women students"
# initiate: take the lead or initiative in; participate in the development of; "This South African surgeon pioneered heart transplants"
# someone who helps to open up a new line of research or technology or art
# open up and explore a new area; "pioneer space"

So what is paramount about Mr Emeagwali is that he is a West African brother who ‘contributed to’ Super-computers.  He was refused a [b]Phd [/b]and went to court accusing the institution concerned of racism, he lost and that was that.  I was fully aware of the Clinton story, and that alone should show you how much respect Billy has for you and your people.  So the question is  should we be proud of him? Or say

sauer:

but come on, come on! there are also tons of americans, germans, chinese, japs and indies worth mentioning.

Typical MENTAL SLAVERY! Why are you not proud of your own?
What contributions have you made towards your street? never mind computer science You can’t even spell Emeagwali. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by paddylo1(m): 10:54am On Nov 21, 2009
Seems people are totally ignorant about economics- regardless could we talk about the identity theft itself, this economics talk is boring. Africa is still a shithole- we should be talking about how to build it without the support of our resources

why are u laughing at your own ignorance?? u highlighted a quote i made and started laughing like a mad man

and africa is no shit-hole,u dont wanna live there fine but dont u ever describe the continent where all life and humanity came from as a shithole

just because u are enamored by wherever u are in the west,and dont let me begin with the UK the biggest shithole in europe,almost going bannkrupt and having to print more and more money,quantitative easing my arse
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by devilmaycy: 10:58am On Nov 21, 2009
just because u are enamored by wherever u are in the west,and dont let me begin with the UK the biggest shithole in europe,almost going bannkrupt and having to print more and more money,quantitative easing my arse

grin grin grin
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by transformR: 10:59am On Nov 21, 2009
SEFAGO:

For those people who are not aware- Africans haven't contributed anything significant to the science or business- and you guys could call me names from morning to night it wouldn't change things.

Try and criticize yourselfs, and identify where to improve. No one cares who enslaved who first or what the missionaries did 80 years ago,. We are talking about the now, the present- leave the past where it is supposed to be, a relic of memory

2 minutes later

SEFAGO:

I am proud of our diverse culture and traditions. I do not consider it anyways inferior to another culture, and i believe it was well-suited for our purpose- i believe less deaths/pain would have occurred is the west had never come in contact with Africa. I am also proud of the fact that despite being rapidly introduced into a foreign system (The new world order of globalization) in which we were at a significant disadvantage- we were versatile enough to learn the lingo and dance of this new culture- we have struggled through sorrows, tears and blood and achieved a lot. I am very much aware that as of now, we haven't contributed anything significant, but I am also cognizant that our potential is infinite.

today:

SEFAGO:

Africa is still a shithole
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 21, 2009
///
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by devilmaycy: 11:18am On Nov 21, 2009
because everything speaks volumes of ur stupidity. Take for example this:

What does the ability to print money have anything to do with what we are talking about. Also these countries have chief economist with IQs not even remotely close to you and transformR and you think they are just printing money for no reason.  While your Nigeria's dumb ass CBN guy who is still stating the merits of Islamic banking, these economists have proven themselves through the years. If you have sat in a macroeconomic class you would know that these countries are deliberately attempting to cause inflation in their economy as well as stiulate spending in the hopes that it could have other effects secondary effects. yes the economy is in a slump, but if America slumps right now, China is going with it. White people are in a great position right now- stop wasting your time.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by transformR: 11:53am On Nov 21, 2009
sauer:

sometimes, it fazes me who's mentally enslaved or who isn't. So, bro, if you r german, how many of your own german peeps will you be proud of? Or if you r jew, how many names will ya be sticking to your shirt?

sauer:

Come on! Grow up and stop acting like a kid who's looking for something to be proud of because the kid next door has a father who owns a hummer, get it?

Its a sloppy analogy but you are barking up the wrong tree; I am telling you and other Africans with low self-esteem to appreciate your own people - GET IT!

sauer:

I still maintain Emegually Emeagwali (that was intentional) is only one of them peeps; too bad you dont know the rest (even though you claim to be a compu scientist  grin) and aint proud o' them. Chill out, bro, when we settle our economic priorities, we all gonna be crusin' together to Stockholm!

Save

Because I have not listed the names of Non Africans and sang their praises I am not a computer scientist?  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin You have a weird way of expressing yourself - very weird (I hope you are sober)  grin grin grin grin I think you need to read all the posts on the previous pages instead of jumping to the last page and making a mockery of yourself.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by transformR: 12:06pm On Nov 21, 2009
devilmaycy:

because everything speaks volumes of your stupidity. Take for example this:

What does the ability to print money have anything to do with what we are talking about. Also these countries have chief economist with IQs not even remotely close to you and transformR [/b]and you think they are just printing money for no reason.

Thanks for the compliment but I am a scientist and I am sure the Bankers are much better at finance than me grin grin grin grin grin grin

devilmaycy:

If you have sat in a macroeconomic class you would know that [b]these countries are [size=13pt]deliberately attempting to cause inflation[/size] in their economy
as well as stiulate stimulate spending in the hopes that it could have other effects secondary effects.

OMG! I'm sure glad I did not sit in your economics class grin grin grin grin grin grin

devilmaycy:

White people are in a great position right now- stop wasting your time.

You guys need to read instead of jumping to the last page with anger and ignorance grin grin grin grin If you are saying that UK, USA, China are currently richer than Nigeria or the whole of Africa for that matter - of course they are by far! Read my earlier post for the rest, I can't be bothered to reiterate.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by paddylo1(m): 1:16pm On Nov 21, 2009
What does the ability to print money have anything to do with what we are talking about.

if the uk prints its wonderful,but if zimbabwe prints its the end of the world

Also these countries have chief economist with IQs not even remotely close to you and transformR and you think they are just printing money for no reason. While your Nigeria's dumb ass CBN guy who is still stating the merits of Islamic banking, these economists have proven themselves through the years. If you have sat in a macroeconomic class you would know that these countries are deliberately attempting to cause inflation in their economy as well as stiulate spending in the hopes that it could have other effects secondary effects. yes the economy is in a slump

i have actually sat through macro economics and econo-metric classes thank u,probably more than i can say about u

malaysia and indonesia have islamic banking,nothing wrong with it if it can tap the potential of the islamic ppl in northern nigeria

yea they are trying to reflate by printing money,with all the billions of pounds they have printed is the UK not still mired in recession?
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by bawomolo(m): 7:08pm On Nov 21, 2009
paddy_lo:

if the uk prints its wonderful,but if zimbabwe prints its the end of the world

could we compare the inflation rates of the UK and Zimbabwe?
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by devilmaycy: 8:29pm On Nov 21, 2009
i have actually sat through macro economics and econo-metric classes thank u,probably more than i can say about u

malaysia and indonesia have islamic banking,nothing wrong with it if it can tap the potential of the islamic ppl in northern nigeria

yea they are trying to reflate by printing money,with all the billions of pounds they have printed is the UK not still mired in recession?

Not here to compare classes. Now, you know economic discovery takes time dont you- since apparentky you sat in an elementary macroeconomic class wink, so why not wait b4 you start criticizing the elephant instead of focussing on the ant.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by devilmaycy: 8:52pm On Nov 21, 2009
OMG! I'm sure glad I did not sit in your economics class

yes, it was taught by a chief economist in the Fed. I dont even want to display his credentials- it is too great for u grin. Now, I have finally confirmed that i am talking to dunces- so u guys are not aware that inflation is necessary sometimes to stimulate economic growth. Its a major tool by regulatory mechanism.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by transformR: 9:38pm On Nov 21, 2009
devilmaycy:

yes, it was taught by a chief economist in the Fed. I dont even want to display his credentials- it is too great for u grin.

It was Alan Greenspan wasnt it?  grin grin grin grin grin grin

devilmaycy:

have finally confirmed that i am talking to dunces geniuses - so u guys are not aware that inflation is necessary sometimes to stimulate economic growth. Its a major tool by regulatory mechanism.
Inflation makes money worthless, but I guess your teacher from the Fed told you that Mugabe deliberately caused inflation to make the Zimbabwean dollar worthless - U Silly Dummy  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by SEFAGO(m): 10:03pm On Nov 21, 2009
It was Alan Greenspan wasnt it?

haha very funny sad. Despite the supposed role of Greenspan's economic policy in causing a recession, he still preceded over one of the most successful and economic prosperous periods of America.

Inflation makes money worthless, but I guess your teacher from the Fed told you that Mugabe deliberately caused inflation to make the Zimbabwean dollar worthless - U Silly Dummy

No, he was talking in terms of the US. I don't mean hyperinflation, i meant steady and regulated inflation, you seem to be the one confused about terminology- your dummy stuff should be focussed on your friend paddy_lo. He is accusing the Fed of printing money randomly but if this was true then it would cause hyperinflation in developed countries. However this is not the case- the US mints money based on a certain formula- I have forgotten, and does so after significant calculations have been done on its effect on the economy.

No, I have to use wikipedia to teach u, because i can't toss a book over the internet:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation

Inflation can have positive and negative effects on an economy. Negative effects of inflation include loss in stability in the real value of money and other monetary items over time; uncertainty about future inflation may discourage investment and saving, and high inflation may lead to shortages of goods if consumers begin hoarding out of concern that prices will increase in the future. Positive effects include a mitigation of economic recessions,[5] and debt relief by reducing the real level of debt.

just accept you are wrong and move on to more important stuff. This isn't a competition, we are dealing with facts and not ego.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by transformR: 10:10pm On Nov 21, 2009
devilmaycy:

yes, it was taught by a chief economist in the Fed. I dont even want to display his credentials- it is too great for u grin. Now, I have finally confirmed that i am talking to dunces- so u guys are not aware that inflation is necessary sometimes to stimulate economic growth. Its a major tool by regulatory mechanism.

SEFAGO:

I don't mean hyperinflation,i meant steady and regulated inflation

SEFAGO  =  devilmaycy

SEFAGO:

[size=13pt]i meant steady and regulated inflation[/size][/b]

Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by SEFAGO(m): 10:13pm On Nov 21, 2009
yes, its me- do u think i was trying to hide it? Anyways go back to the topic- whats funny- because u are ignorant, non?
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by transformR: 10:18pm On Nov 21, 2009
SEFAGO:

yes, its me- do u think i was trying to hide it? Anyways go back to the topic- whats funny- because u are ignorant, non?

What a phony individual you are  cheesy  Look sit down and pay attention you are going to learn something:  governments have at their disposal two types of policy: Monetary and Fiscal Policy.  I can see that what you and your self (devilmaycy) are struggling to explain, is that governments may  increase or decrease the money supply as a monetary policy. 

Now the consequences of such measures is that an increase in the supply of money (printing money) may lead to demand pull inflation.  Look you are dealing with the master don’t degrade yourself any further with multiple personalities.   grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by paddylo1(m): 9:30am On Nov 22, 2009
Not here to compare classes. Now, you know economic discovery takes time dont you- since apparentky you sat in an elementary macroeconomic class

yes, it was taught by a chief economist in the Fed.

thought u werent comparing classes,anyway go back a little and see that u brought up the class thing not me

Now, I have finally confirmed that i am talking to dunces- so

why resort to insults when your arguements break down?

haha very funny  . Despite the supposed role of Greenspan's economic policy in causing a recession, he still preceded over one of the most successful and economic prosperous periods of America.

greenspan could be a hero or villian depending on how u look at it,although i wouldnt go tryna make small talk to millions in america on unemployment lines today if i were him,cause he might get lynched

your dummy stuff should be focussed on your friend paddy_lo. He is accusing the Fed of printing money randomly but if this was true then it would cause hyperinflation in developed countries. However this is not the case- the US mints money based on a certain formula- I have forgotten, and does so after significant calculations have been done on its effect on the economy.

The fed is printing money and the mad pilot helicopter ben is already causing commodity prices to spike,gold,copper,oil are all up more than 70% this year
worse still it devalues the dollar and makes other currencies not competitive for export
my quarrell though aint that they are printing,its with the fact that they can get away with it with no repercussion,

let me ask u, if any other country in the world ran a $1.4trillion deficit,and its central bank printed an additional $2trillion,where do u think long term rates in that economy would be? i'll harzard a guess and say 30% +,because no one in their right minds would lend money to such an irresponsible govt without huge yields

so how come 30yr bond yields are so low?

what about 30yr mortgage yields being kept artificially low again by helicopter ben?,o yes i know we got into this mess with 0% rates so lets do it all over again

my postulation to u,is that the US is not running a market economy,and nigerians and africans should be wary of anyone who can manipulate the world economy to their benefit,coming to preach to them

i await your rebuttal
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by Horus(m): 2:55pm On Nov 22, 2009
This Identity Guard commercial is very bad because it reinforce the idea that Nigeria=fraud. Now a legitimate Nigerian internet business will suffer the consequence because of the lack of trust.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by anonimi: 8:47pm On Nov 24, 2009
Horus:

This Identity Guard commercial is very bad because it reinforce the idea that Nigeria=fraud. Now a legitimate Nigerian internet business will suffer the consequence because of the lack of trust.

and that is why we should all report those who are suspicious or fraudulent among us to the nearest law enforcement agents, even if you have to use "hidden" mobile numbers or impersonal email addresses.
Do something! Take action!! Start the Change!!!
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by nigboy(m): 2:49am On Jan 22, 2010
I am yet to fatom what the advert is all for

We do not have much credit card consumers in Nigeria.  It is only credit card users that needs this.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by violent(m): 4:42pm On Oct 27, 2010
??

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! / Power Outage At Lakowe-Bogije, (Ibeju-Lekki) For 5 Months!!! / Joshua Dariye’s Father Kidnapped By Gunmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.