Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,120 members, 7,821,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December (23804 Views)

Fan Shot Dead At Wizkid‘s Concert, Policeman Arrested. Wizkid Reacts / Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria / How To Report Any Form Of Police Brutality In Nigeria (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by repogirl(f): 1:12pm On Dec 29, 2016
Not surprising. OP, you were lucky. Nigerian Police and Armed robbers are no different from each other.

If you take up the case with them they will cover it up.

3 Likes

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 29, 2016
Joephat:

Go and report them to the appropriate authority or just leave them...

leave vengeance for God, they will surely pay back.

Ndo!
this is the exact reason why Nigerians will keep suffering, atleast he made efforts to get some of their names and yet u get mind to ask him to leave vengeance for God. Even God sef don laff u tire. No wonder we dnt hold our leaders accountable rather we kip leaving dem for god

9 Likes

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 29, 2016
I'm beginning to see a pattern of how and why Nigerians are being off'd like chickens by police.

You admitted online to trying to disarm a leo while on duty?

You're lucky but don't push that luck too far.

PS: if I were the igp, I would arrest before sunset and charge you to court.

1 Like

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by epistleNow(m): 1:14pm On Dec 29, 2016
dingbang:
I am angry at u because u did not get their names and service numbers...

He gave the names : UMOH ANIEKAN,
OKOI OKOI, EKECHI JACOB
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by ceejay80s(m): 1:15pm On Dec 29, 2016
Lilimax:
undecided undecided How old are you? Say the truth ??
I know I am older than ur father

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Lilimax(f): 1:16pm On Dec 29, 2016
ceejay80s:

I know I am older than ur father
embarassed embarassed
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by GreyLaw(m): 1:17pm On Dec 29, 2016
Is it impossible to have a president who will fight the ills of the police and actually convert them from demons in human clothing, to humans in human clothing?

I once was stopped by a policeman, his mouth reeking of alcohol, he could barely stand without quaking. He was so irritaring, charging us with all manner of inexistent offences, but we remained calm until he released us.

I have also met them at their station when they had my brother arrested. That day I knew police people are NOT normal humans. A good number of them are without a modicum of humanity in them.

1 Like

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by AgentGoat: 1:18pm On Dec 29, 2016
E no go better for them and their children!
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by cybriz82(m): 1:21pm On Dec 29, 2016
potbelly:
Bros... Na wah you sha...
Rule no 1 : never argue with a policeman (either sane or drunk) because they could kill you on the spot and label you a thief and dump the body in a swamp... And in the bleeped up country called Nigeria... No justice would be served them because no investigation would be carried out...
All in all... I thank God you are alive...

am tellin u d op mata sef tired me...i cme dey wonder if na army do all dis tinz shey him go get mind to face dem...we all nigeria policez brain r nt functionin very well n yet u stand to challenge dem like dat.evn iz frnd iz at fault na where him dey run go since d police r nt thru with d remainin guys.haba.

3 Likes

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nedsnow(m): 1:22pm On Dec 29, 2016
Joephat:

Go and report them to the appropriate authority or just leave them...

leave vengeance for God, they will surely pay back.

Ndo!
This is what i hate about most Nigerians. Leave vengeance for God? Do you know how many have faced this same thing before this guys. And so many others that are still going to face it. Why do you have to involve God in what we humans ourselves can handle. Why did God himself gave us all the necessary intelligence we need to handle things ourselves.
I think it's high time we start acting like humans and not as kids that run to their parents whenever they have issues. We are grown ups now

2 Likes

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by jericco1(m): 1:23pm On Dec 29, 2016
thank ur stars
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by NotComplaining: 1:23pm On Dec 29, 2016
The history of police in a colonial state will give you good reason to never trust a man in uniform.

There is misconception that police, owing their public position, exist to protect the people. Nigerian police are bottom feeding thugs whose single purpose is to enforce the status quo.

Nigerias colonial masters set up the police to protect their assets from dissidents and civil movements like Ken Sarowiwa and MEND. These assets later included state officials whose job it is to funnel money to colonial banks like Barclays.

Nigerians were never meant to be benefactors of the system. We, like people living in war torn, failed states like Somalia and Sudan are its victims.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Hexilon: 1:24pm On Dec 29, 2016
Bunch of baboons brandishing WWII decommissioned rifles , spoiling the bad reputation of the NPF even further lipsrsealed
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by repogirl(f): 1:25pm On Dec 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:
I'm beginning to see a pattern of how and why Nigerians are being off'd like chickens by police.

Arrest for what exactly? For preventing himself from being shot unnecessarily? If the OP was being unruly or uncooperative, why not arrest him there and then?

Or are you saying the police man was right to point his weapon at an unarmed man?

It's people like you who give those animals called police men the confidence to kill people off like chickens.

14 Likes

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by taketime2019: 1:26pm On Dec 29, 2016
Policemen have shot so many innocent people to death and nothing has happened. The only way out is for President Buhari to stop those wicked policemen from shooting people. That's the remedy.
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 29, 2016
potbelly:
Bros... Na wah you sha...
Rule no 1 : never argue with a policeman (either sane or drunk) because they could kill you on the spot and label you a thief and dump the body in a swamp... And in the bleeped up country called Nigeria... No justice would be served them because no investigation would be carried out...
All in all... I thank God you are alive...
You just spoke the truth.
A friend and I were walking late at night (no light to charge phone at our place for days and we had to charge our phone elsewhere) when we saw three policemen with guns.
They started asking stupid questions and we didn't even try to argue with then because they were dead drunk. Any slight reluctance to answer their questions were met with threat of slaps. We were lucky we left there unhurt because of a sane one among them.
No one knows how many innocent people has been killed at the hands of the ineffectual buffoons called Police men

1 Like

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by GreyLaw(m): 1:28pm On Dec 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Please, read the story again, this time, a bit more objectively. He scuffled with the police guy only when the said police man removed the safety of the gun and decided to shoot at him.

If he had not done that, he would have been shot, without apologies. And what was his offence? Trying to mediate between a violent police man and an innocent citizen.

I have seen a policeman take aim and blow a guy in the eyes and the guy's eye was bloodshot. What was his offence? His motorcycle was seized and he was begging the the policeman. Irritated at the guy's begging, he took aim and punched him. IN THE EYE.

Going by your logic, the guy shouldn't even dodge the punch or impede the blow. And to the OP's story, why would a policeman grab a non-violent citizen by the throat?!? For heaven's sake, why? Even wrestling has rules!

Worst part, after all these evils, you still have Nigerians trying so hard to explain evil away.

13 Likes

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 29, 2016
repogirl:
Arrest for what exactly? For preventing himself from being shot unnecessarily? If the OP was being unruly or uncooperative, why not arrest him there and then?

Or are you saying the police man was right to point his weapon at an unarmed man?

It's people like you who give those animals called police men the confidence to kill people off like chickens.

Go and study the law and educate yourself. You have a smartphone on your person.

People like me stay alive by not acting insolent with armed leo's doing their duty.

1 Like

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by anjowaka510(m): 1:30pm On Dec 29, 2016
Don't really knw why they are instituted,dey brag,bully and even help the enemies in attacking unarmed citizen. #Nigapapabaje#
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Joephat(m): 1:32pm On Dec 29, 2016
Nedsnow:

This is what i hate about most Nigerians. Leave vengeance for God? Do you know how many have faced this same thing before this guys. And so many others that are still going to face it. Why do you have to involve God in what we humans ourselves can handle. Why did God himself gave us all the necessary intelligence we need to handle things ourselves.
I think it's high time we start acting like humans and not as kids that run to their parents whenever they have issues. We are grown ups now

knowing the system we are currently Bro.

even with all his evidence, if he doesn't av anybody who will back him up, he will only end up wasting his time n money and no justice will be attained.

So, he should save himself the money n time he might waste on the process of this.
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 29, 2016
GreyLaw:

Please, read the story again, this time, a bit more objectively. He scuffled with the police guy only when the said police man removed the safety of the gun and decided to shoot at him.

If he had not done that, he would have been shot, without apologies. And what was his offence? Trying to mediate between a violent police man and an innocent citizen.

I have seen a policeman take aim and blow a guy in the eyes and the guy's eye was bloodshot. What was his offence? His motorcycle was seized and he was begging the the policeman. Irritated at the guy's begging, he took aim and punched him. IN THE EYE.

Going by your logic, the guy shouldn't even dodge the punch or impede the blow. And to the OP's story, why would a policeman grab a non-violent citizen by the throat?!? For heaven's sake, why? Even wrestling has rules!

Worst part, after all these evils, you still have Nigerians trying so hard to explain evil away.

My comprehension skill is intact so I don't need to read the story again.

It's clear our opinions differ and there's nothing wrong with that.

Hundreds if not thousands of citizens passed through that checkpoint, what made him so lucky to the point of imminent execution?

1 Like

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by KingAfo(m): 1:35pm On Dec 29, 2016
legendprac:
My Story... Praise-Legend Onwuachu.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154243207660687&id=755890686
NEVER NEVER ARGUE WITH A POLICEMAN OR ANYMAN CARRYING A GUN. PLEASE. Slap road safety, Vio, yellow fever but respect policemen with a gun. Abegggggggg

3 Likes

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 29, 2016
anjowaka510:
Don't really knw why they are instituted,dey brag,bully and even help the enemies in attacking unarmed citizen. #Nigapapabaje#

I've always felt that it's oversight due to the size.

I think npf should be disbanded and states and lga's given authority to create their own force.

1 Like

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by jmoore(m): 1:38pm On Dec 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I guess when a policeman attempts to rape your sister or mother, you will just watch comfortably without defending your family.

Very soon, the mob will start burning policemen whenever they kill innocent civilians.

undecided

3 Likes

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by zubby29(m): 1:38pm On Dec 29, 2016
Npf is a disgrace. best bet is never to argue with them.dey r triger happy. plz avoid dem if need b

1 Like

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 29, 2016
KingAfo:

NEVER NEVER ARGUE WITH A POLICEMAN OR ANYMAN CARRYING A GUN. PLEASE. Slap road safety, Vio, yellow fever but respect policemen with a gun. Abegggggggg

They won't listen.

He even tried to take the officers gun grin

1 Like

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Claumy2(m): 1:39pm On Dec 29, 2016
That's what their oga has asked them to do. Intimidate, harass and kill our people...

1 Like

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 29, 2016
jmoore:

I guess when a policeman attempts to rape your sister or mother, you will just watch comfortably without defending your family.

Very soon, the mob will start burning policemen whenever they kill innocent civilians.

undecided

You're reaching in an illogical and obtuse manner.

Typical wink

1 Like

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by jmoore(m): 1:40pm On Dec 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

You're reaching in an illogical and obtuse manner.

Typical wink

Nah, you lack comprehension. undecided

6 Likes

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 29, 2016
jmoore:

Nah, you lack comprehension. undecided

Your opinion cheesy

But wait, are you not going to share more alarmist and equally depraved fantasies of your family being gang raped?
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by KingAfo(m): 1:42pm On Dec 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

They won't listen.

He even tried to take the officers gun grin
Imagine. I no read am finish sef.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Blessing William: Rivers Single Mother Found Dead In Apartment / Abia Court Sentences Two Former Bakassi Operatives To Death By Hanging / Poly Graduate Awaiting NYSC Call Up Commits Suicide In Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.