Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December (23809 Views)

Fan Shot Dead At Wizkid‘s Concert, Policeman Arrested. Wizkid Reacts / Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria / How To Report Any Form Of Police Brutality In Nigeria (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by legendprac(m): 3:04pm On Dec 29, 2016
cybriz82:

am tellin u d op mata sef tired me...i cme dey wonder if na army do all dis tinz shey him go get mind to face dem...we all nigeria policez brain r nt functionin very well n yet u stand to challenge dem like dat.evn iz frnd iz at fault na where him dey run go since d police r nt thru with d remainin guys.haba.

The guy who wanted to leave... His actions were not the best...
But, all happened in the presence of the policeman.

And that was no reason why he should be assaulted. And definitely no reason why I should have been a few seconds away from death...

The policemen know we don't do anything when they kill us, they actually said so that night.
This line of reasoning is the reason we are suffering this.
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by legendprac(m): 3:05pm On Dec 29, 2016
repogirl:
Arrest for what exactly? For preventing himself from being shot unnecessarily? If the OP was being unruly or uncooperative, why not arrest him there and then?

Or are you saying the police man was right to point his weapon at an unarmed man?

It's people like you who give those animals called police men the confidence to kill people off like chickens.

It's a shame really. The people who should be speaking up against evil are trying to explain it away. I pray it does not happen to him or his own

3 Likes

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 29, 2016
Pictures would have been nice. this just sounds like fairy tale.

How are we sure that you didnt have the tinted glass permit.?

1 Like

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by legendprac(m): 3:07pm On Dec 29, 2016
GreyLaw:

Please, read the story again, this time, a bit more objectively. He scuffled with the police guy only when the said police man removed the safety of the gun and decided to shoot at him.

If he had not done that, he would have been shot, without apologies. And what was his offence? Trying to mediate between a violent police man and an innocent citizen.

I have seen a policeman take aim and blow a guy in the eyes and the guy's eye was bloodshot. What was his offence? His motorcycle was seized and he was begging the the policeman. Irritated at the guy's begging, he took aim and punched him. IN THE EYE.

Going by your logic, the guy shouldn't even dodge the punch or impede the blow. And to the OP's story, why would a policeman grab a non-violent citizen by the throat?!? For heaven's sake, why? Even wrestling has rules!

Worst part, after all these evils, you still have Nigerians trying so hard to explain evil away.

A Nigerian policeman can shoot you without any provocation whatsoever.
One can be as calm as a butterfly and still end up dead in their hands
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by legendprac(m): 3:08pm On Dec 29, 2016
Joephat:

knowing the system we are currently Bro.

even with all his evidence, if he doesn't av anybody who will back him up, he will only end up wasting his time n money and no justice will be attained.

So, he should save himself the money n time he might waste on the process of this.

At least, we can make noise about it...

We start dying when we keep silent over things that matter.
The voice of a poor man is most times his last hope

1 Like

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 29, 2016
legendprac:

Have read your responses and I know you either didn't read my story, or you have issues.
At what point did we start fighting for his gun?

An expected response. Of course it's preferable for you that I give you a pat on the back for your storyline.

Unfortunately for you though, I'm not the average data awoofed Nairalander and I'm able to see through your one sided tale that was thinly veiled to portray you in good light.

There was only one criminal in your story according to Nigerian statute and it wasn't the policemen that were simply doing their sworn duties.

You were lucky this time.

1 Like

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by legendprac(m): 3:10pm On Dec 29, 2016
KingAfo:

NEVER NEVER ARGUE WITH A POLICEMAN OR ANYMAN CARRYING A GUN. PLEASE. Slap road safety, Vio, yellow fever but respect policemen with a gun. Abegggggggg

Agreed. And I didn't. Not until he started his assault
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 29, 2016
legendprac:

It's a shame really. The people who should be speaking up against evil are trying to explain it away. I pray it does not happen to him or his own

But I'm speaking against the evil. The evil that tried to criminally disarm a police officer on duty wink
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by legendprac(m): 3:13pm On Dec 29, 2016
highpriest4:
u this pastor's son, u tried that night o. I saw u cruising that toyota sienna. I helped u that night before your father came and settled the matter. U were shouting "Shouting call daddy". What a small world

Hi, thanks. Good thing I have a nairalander who witnessed what happened.
I guess you were one of the people who were trying to hold the other policemen. I dunno really as things happened so fast.

Would be good if you can tell the house what you saw on that day.... Thanks...
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by legendprac(m): 3:15pm On Dec 29, 2016
Onuokwu:

You need to write an official petition to the state commissioner of Police beyond posting it in social media. Possible put the IG in copy.

That's in the pipeline. However, I know how effective social media buzz can be...
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by legendprac(m): 3:16pm On Dec 29, 2016
GreyLaw:

I get your point.

But if we continue in that line of thought, we will succeed in creating a Nigeria where her citizens always cower for their lives in the face of oppression -- Not too bad; I don't dare argue with crazy, armed men.

But the reverse side of the coin is that, then, we would have also succeeded in creating police men who unleash terror on the cowering citizenry, and who expect silent submission at all times.

Be that as it may, there'd always be Nigerians who'd refuse every form of oppression, no matter who the aggressor is. Couple this with crazy police people and you have the perfect storm!

Cure the police, salvage the situation. A policeman should never, for whatever reason, aim his gun at an innocent, non-violent citizen.

Apt.....
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by legendprac(m): 3:18pm On Dec 29, 2016
greenhulk:

U need to chill. Look I'm not in support of police brutality, I know a lot of cops out there at trigger angry which s no good, but it is very important not to argue with a policeman with a gun, even worse when u try to disarm him. We have heard the op's story, but how are u so sure he was telling the whole truth? Lots of Nigerian youths when they come across a police check point they tend to claim like they know too much. When u have nothing to hide, be calm to policemen they will let u go.

I have come across a lot of youths that just scream at officers whenever they are stopped at a check point. Ask them for their papers they will start raising their voices. And why was his friend so eager to leave at a check point... Isn't that causing suspicion? Even if his house is on the next block, he should wait until the police finish their job. Look let's turn the table around... Let's say that dude that requested to leave was an armed robber and asked to leave in the middle of stop and search and the police let him, u will be here online saying the police doesn't know their job and why would they just let him leave like that. The police might not be the best of friends but let them go on strike for just one day then u will realize their importance. I agree there are lots of bad eggs in the force.

His action wasn't the best, yes. But why not search him again, and if anything, detain him?

That's how it's done in saner climes, right?

And we don't want to create a saner clime for our children yet unborn?
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by dokiOloye(m): 3:23pm On Dec 29, 2016
mostyg:
Please never argue with police especially the ones with arms. They are more dangerous than .......
I started driving when I was very much young,but when I turned 18 and got my 1st driver's licence,my father called me, sat me down and admonished me thus.
"My son,whenever a police man stops U and starts harrasing U,gently find a way to de-escalate d situation and get away from them,cos even when they find out that d car doesn't belong to U but ur father,they'll be angry and ask themselves why their own fathers couldn't buy cars so they'll drive".
Nnuf said.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by dokiOloye(m): 3:34pm On Dec 29, 2016
repogirl:
Arrest for what exactly? For preventing himself from being shot unnecessarily? If the OP was being unruly or uncooperative, why not arrest him there and then?

Or are you saying the police man was right to point his weapon at an unarmed man?

It's people like you who give those animals called police men the confidence to kill people off like chickens.
Didn't want to reply that eediot directly.
Half of d times,he's forming ajebutter,cosmopolitan and knowledgeable but other times,he can't help but display his mgbati mgbati hypocritical nature.
The day I wrote him off was d day he was trying to justify d killing of unarmed IPOB protesters.

1 Like

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by legendprac(m): 3:37pm On Dec 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

But I'm speaking against the evil. The evil that tried to criminally disarm a police officer on duty wink

Have a nice day bro. I see what you are trying to do and I would not fall for it.
Pray it doesn't happen to you or yours. And that if it does, you will live to tell the story
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Denc: 3:49pm On Dec 29, 2016
http://www.npf.gov.ng/complaint/

Kindly use the above link to formally document/lodge your complaint.

2 Likes

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by jinxet2000: 3:50pm On Dec 29, 2016
Bros, thank God you were not news that would have been shared on NL. Next time, no matter what, just be laughing and cracking joke with them. At worse, intervene by involving a sane colleague of the policemen at that checkpoint. Those guys hate to be challenged.
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by lordhugo(m): 3:55pm On Dec 29, 2016
legendprac:
Lalas.ticlala lalasticlala Seu.n seun
Please I'm pleading for this to get to the front page. We might not have weapons to fight, but we have our voices.
It could be anyone tomorrow. I could be me, it could be you.
Let our voices be heard

Praise, I thank God for your life.
...been a long while my brother.. ( almost 5 years)
Good thing you still got the fighting spirit.
OAU.
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by emmymdk: 3:57pm On Dec 29, 2016
adonbilivit:
I thank God for your life op. NPF and other forces in Nigeria are all like this. they are not our friends and will never be until they change their attitude and start doing their jobs professionally. its not like they are white cops. black cops treating fellow blacks like animals just coz they have badges. say no to #PoliceBrutality towards innocent citizens

God bless your Soul... You said it all
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by emmymdk: 4:00pm On Dec 29, 2016
I have been a victim up to 4th time... I Wipe for the defenceless Innocent Citizens who struggle to make a living in spite of the harsh Government Policy..

#StopPoliceBrutality

1 Like

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by lordhugo(m): 4:02pm On Dec 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

An expected response. Of course it's preferable for you that I give you a pat on the back for your storyline.

Unfortunately for you though, I'm not the average data awoofed Nairalander and I'm able to see through your one sided tale that was thinly veiled to portray you in good light.

There was only one criminal in your story according to Nigerian statute and it wasn't the policemen that were simply doing their sworn duties.

You were lucky this time.

I know the man.

We spent 5 years together in the university. (AND I HAVEN'T SEEN HIM SINCE (+5 years) TILL I SAW THIS POST 10MINS AGO)

... Trust me, he is NO rascal neither is he a criminal.

We were lodgemates twice.

(It is better to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubts)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 29, 2016
legendprac:

Have a nice day bro. I see what you are trying to do and I would not fall for it.
Pray it doesn't happen to you or yours. And that if it does, you will live to tell the story

I'm not your bro and I'll have a nice day regardless of your opinion. I'm cool like that grin

Oh it won't happen to me or mine because we don't behave like criminals and attempt to disarm police officers that are people performing their sworn duties.

You also will never live to tell your story, IJN wink

#StopFormingRambo
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 29, 2016
dokiOloye:
Didn't want to reply that eediot directly.
Half of d times,he's forming ajebutter,cosmopolitan and knowledgeable but other times,he can't help but display his mgbati mgbati hypocritical nature.
The day I left wrote him off was d day he was trying to justify d killing of unarmed IPOB protesters.

Eeyah Kpele. Hope you find succor somehow grin
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 29, 2016
dokiOloye:
I started driving when I was very much young,but when I turned 18 and got my 1st driver's licence,my father called me, sat me down and admonished me thus.
"My son,whenever a police man stops U and starts harrasing U,gently find a way to de-escalate d situation and get away from them,cos even when they find out that d car doesn't belong to U but ur father,they'll be angry and ask themselves why their own fathers couldn't buy cars so they'll drive".
Nnuf said.

Your dad is very wise. Please pass that message downwards.
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 29, 2016
lordhugo:

I know the man.

We spent 5 years together in the university. (AND I HAVEN'T SEEN HIM SINCE (+5 years) TILL I SAW THIS POST 10MINS AGO)

... Trust me, he is NO rascal neither is he a criminal.

We were lodgemates twice.

(It is better to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubts)

That adage of "show me your friend......" comes to mind grin
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by lordhugo(m): 4:18pm On Dec 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

That adage of "show me your friend......" comes to mind grin
...whatever rocks your boat.
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by fuckpro: 4:31pm On Dec 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:
I'm beginning to see a pattern of how and why Nigerians are being off'd like chickens by police.

You admitted online to trying to disarm a leo while on duty?

You're lucky but don't push that luck too far.

PS: if I were the igp, I would arrest before sunset and charge you to court.
... You are indeed a very STUPID CREATURE the police man c.ock his gun at him what were you expecting him to do ... Kneel and wait for execution... the same police man if he was in a peace mission would adhere to the highest ethical value on foreign soil ... I FULLY BLAME THE PRESIDENCY FOR THIS CULTURE OF IMPUNITY

1 Like

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 29, 2016
fuckpro:
... You are indeed a very STUPID CREATURE the police man c.ock his gun at him what were you expecting him to do ... Kneel and wait for execution... the same police man if he was in a peace mission would adhere to the highest ethical value on foreign soil ... I FULLY BLAME THE PRESIDENCY FOR THIS CULTURE OF IMPUNITY

Thank you, have a nice day grin
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 29, 2016
lordhugo:

...whatever rocks your boat.

I take great pains to make sure that my boat stays steady at all times.

But thanks for your safety concerns though wink
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Joephat(m): 4:44pm On Dec 29, 2016
legendprac:

We start dying when we keep silent over things that matter. The voice of a poor man is most times his last hope
Then last start it
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Joephat(m): 4:44pm On Dec 29, 2016
legendprac:

We start dying when we keep silent over things that matter. The voice of a poor man is most times his last hope
Then lets start it
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by InvertedHammer: 4:46pm On Dec 29, 2016
legendprac:
My Story... Praise-Legend Onwuachu.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154243207660687&id=755890686
/
He should refrain from driving around with stupid friends.

His friend's action was very suspicious and disrespectful to the policemen to say the least.
\

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander / Haruna Kuye Shot Dead In Kaduna / Newborn Baby Dumped In A Pit Latrine In Benue, Rescued By Good Samaritans (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.