Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,160 members, 7,821,941 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December (23808 Views)

Fan Shot Dead At Wizkid‘s Concert, Policeman Arrested. Wizkid Reacts / Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria / How To Report Any Form Of Police Brutality In Nigeria (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by dokiOloye(m): 4:51pm On Dec 29, 2016
Commonsense101:

He admitted to acting in self defence preventing Himself from being murdered.
Stop thinking through your anvs.

Anyways i understand your type. You like to be controversial just to get attention.
Always fighting, always quarrelling. Locked in different altercations in different sections.
You seriously got deep seated issues man, very deep ones. Mental and psychological.
About d mental and psychological stuff,U just did what we call "spot diagnosis" on d guy.
Always taking controversial stances,just to be noticed.

2 Likes

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by slex(m): 4:51pm On Dec 29, 2016
I can never pity a dead policeman.

They are so power drunk and harass innocent people.

God punish them.

Every evil policeman ll die untimely death.

*spits*

2 Likes

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 29, 2016
Sorry
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by GreyLaw(m): 5:23pm On Dec 29, 2016
legendprac:

A Nigerian policeman can shoot you without any provocation whatsoever.
One can be as calm as a butterfly and still end up dead in their hands

Exactly my point!

Instead of telling every citizen to be as calm ice, for fear of the murderous tendencies of the Nigeria police people, why not address the main issue, which is the evil tendencies of the police?

1 Like

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by mayorkent(m): 5:30pm On Dec 29, 2016
What did you expect him to do??,knowing fully well that if he does not make any move he would be gunned down.
EgunMogaji:
I'm beginning to see a pattern of how and why Nigerians are being off'd like chickens by police.

You admitted online to trying to disarm a leo while on duty?

You're lucky but don't push that luck too far.

PS: if I were the igp, I would arrest before sunset and charge you to court.

1 Like

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by dokiOloye(m): 5:31pm On Dec 29, 2016
legendprac:

His action wasn't the best, yes. But why not search him again, and if anything, detain him?

That's how it's done in saner climes, right?

And we don't want to create a saner clime for our children yet unborn?
Don't mind him.
When I came to Abuja newly,my cousin used to drive me around a lot cos I didn't know d roads well,and I must confess, I smoke cigarettes.So,when we come to a checkpoint, I'd be trying to off my cigarette,but he'll tell me, "smoke ya cigar,this is Abuja,U have not committed any offence, they don't know who is who here,so they strictly do only what is their job".
That being that he grew up in d east where every1 is used to unnecessary police harassment.
Policemen do all those nonsense in those other places cos ppl don't challenge them for that and they also know they'll most likely get away wt it.
I cannot blame any1 who decides to stand up to them when they start their roguish behaviour,if ppl don't stand up to them,at a time it becomes d norm.
That I'm careful wt a policeman doesn't mean I'll keep quiet when he assaults me in d open in daylight.
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by uniogid: 5:31pm On Dec 29, 2016
MMM DON OPEN UNA EYE UPON DAT UNA STILL DEY UNGRATEFUL WHICH CUM BE UNLIKE MMM? CUM....WETIN PERSON WAN USE 4000NAIRA DO PLUS PLENTY PLENTY TALK TO BRING PPLE. Unlike mmm unlike mmm is mmm d only internet business? Mtcheeeewwwww
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by lereinter(m): 5:34pm On Dec 29, 2016
always curse is what police deserve
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by nwadiuko1(m): 5:35pm On Dec 29, 2016
legendprac:

UMOH ANIEKAN , OKOI OKOI , EKECHI Jacobs...

Couldn't get tag numbers
something would be done about this.........beleive me
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by thrillionaire(m): 5:43pm On Dec 29, 2016
Lilimax:
undecided undecided
How old are you? Say the truth ??
what's this one saying? undecided
Wait until you receive your fair share from our retar.ded police, I just hope you'll be opportuned to report here
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 29, 2016
mayorkent:
What did you expect him to do??,knowing fully well that if he does not make any move he would be gunned down.

This is an astute and reasonable question.

Frankly, it is my opinion that the OP single-handedly escalated the situation to the level that it reached regardless of the fairy tale he chose to weave on here. It did not have to reach that level of breakdown of law and order. Can you imagine that while he is being interrogated, he himself is interrogating his passenger as to how the passenger is going to depart the scene of a police investigation? The nerve!

What do I expect him to do at the point of execution? He needs to use his best judgment. But the shouldn't expect me to cuddle him at that point on any decision because he has behaved like an unreasonable citizen.
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 29, 2016
dokiOloye:
About d mental and psychological stuff,U just did what we call "spot diagnosis" on d guy.

You're wasting your talent on Nairaland, you should set up a practice grin

It's deemed controversial because it goes against your own line of thought.

#NotSheeple smiley
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 29, 2016
Them dey loot, them dey kill. Them dey suck the blood of the sufferer's, instead of them to kill the armed robbers dem dey kill d taxi driver's.

That was why Anini took revenge on them in the 80's,slaughtering them like chicken. He even shot off the nose of the then bendel state commissioner of police.
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by mayorkent(m): 6:01pm On Dec 29, 2016
Okay,understood,but this your big grammars self
EgunMogaji:

This is an astute and reasonable question.

Frankly, it is my opinion that the OP single-handedly escalated the situation to the level that it reached regardless of the fairy tale he chose to weave on here. It did not have to reach that level of breakdown of law and order. Can you imagine that while he is being interrogated, he himself is interrogating his passenger as to how the passenger is going to depart the scene of a police investigation? The nerve!

What do I expect him to do at the point of execution? He needs to use his best judgment. But the shouldn't expect me to cuddle him at that point on any decision because he has behaved like an unreasonable citizen.

1 Like

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Commonsense101(m): 6:08pm On Dec 29, 2016
dokiOloye:
No mind the dude. He's suffering from Narcissism and grandiose illusion.
Always spewing horsecrap and sounding exceptionally intelligent to himself
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 29, 2016
mayorkent:
Okay,understood,but this your big grammars self

My braggadocious, superlative and in fact razzmatazz display of prowess and frankly grandiose command of her majesty's language is to be excused. Na pikin do me grin

This caricature of police brutality that is salaciously portrayed and the hullabaloo that emanates from such a grandiose and wanton dispaly does nothing but mountainously and titanically cause a discourse, a hullabaloo in the society.

We need the IGP to reign in his subordinates and we need the citizens to stop getting into hand to hand melee with armed civil servants.

++++++++++++++++++++++

From Texas penal code. Yes Texas, much of Nigerians criminal and building laws are word for word lifted from American justice system which we follow.

Texas Penal Code § 38.14. Taking or Attempting to Take Weapon From Peace Officer, Federal Special Investigator, Employee or Official of Correctional Facility, Parole Officer, Community Supervision and Corrections Department Officer, or Commissioned Security Officer

(a) In this section:
(1) “Firearm” has the meanings assigned by Section 46.01.
(2) “Stun gun” means a device designed to propel darts or other projectiles attached to wires that, on contact, will deliver an electrical pulse capable of incapacitating a person.
(3) “Commissioned security officer” has the meaning assigned by Section 1702.002(5), Occupations Code.
(b) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally or knowingly and with force takes or attempts to take from a peace officer, federal special investigator, employee or official of a correctional facility, parole officer, community supervision and corrections department officer, or commissioned security officer the officer's, investigator's, employee's, or official's firearm, nightstick, stun gun, or personal protection chemical dispensing device with the intention of harming the officer, investigator, employee, or official or a third person.
(c) The actor is presumed to have known that the peace officer, federal special investigator, employee or official of a correctional facility, parole officer, community supervision and corrections department officer, or commissioned security officer was a peace officer, federal special investigator, employee or official of a correctional facility, parole officer, community supervision and corrections department officer, or commissioned security officer if:
(1) the officer, investigator, employee, or official was wearing a distinctive uniform or badge indicating his employment;  or
(2) the officer, investigator, employee, or official identified himself as a peace officer, federal special investigator, employee or official of a correctional facility, parole officer, community supervision and corrections department officer, or commissioned security officer.
(d) It is a defense to prosecution under this section that the defendant took or attempted to take the weapon from a peace officer, federal special investigator, employee or official of a correctional facility, parole officer, community supervision and corrections department officer, or commissioned security officer who was using force against the defendant or another in excess of the amount of force permitted by law.
(e) An offense under this section is:
(1) a felony of the third degree, if the defendant took a weapon described by Subsection (b) from an officer, investigator, employee, or official described by that subsection;  and
(2) a state jail felony, if the defendant attempted to take a weapon described by Subsection (b) from an officer, investigator, employee, or official described by that subsection.

- See more at: http://codes.findlaw.com/tx/penal-code/penal-sect-38-14.html#sthash.oT8WEJkT.dpuf
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 29, 2016
Lilimax:
undecided undecided
How old are you? Say the truth ??

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by juliusocean(m): 6:25pm On Dec 29, 2016
Terrible police stories making front page on crime section
https://www.nairaland.com/3544958/police-officers-stole-laptop
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 29, 2016
I'm angry too. In fact, I've been angry since 1999 when the military handed over to a democratic government. I thought democracy is about having a national dialogue on how to improve the criminal justice system of this contraption called Nigeria.

I was wrong! I was assaulted many years ago for carrying a backpack with laptop. Being an engineering student (showed them my student ID), told them it would be a crime not to own one and I got assaulted. Knowing how easily angered I could get, I thought leaving the country should be my next logical step if I want to live long enough to fulfil my dreams.

One would have thought the VP being a lawyer and 'progressive' would engage the justice department and start this discussion. Perhaps the people's capacity to condone the shenanigans of police officers haven't reached a breaking point yet, when that time comes Boko Haram terrorism would be a child's play compared to the shitstorm that would befall this nation.
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by mayorkent(m): 6:38pm On Dec 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

My braggadocious, superlative and in fact razzmatazz display of prowess and frankly grandiose command of her majesty's language is to be excused. Na pikin do me grin

This caricature of police brutality that is salaciously portrayed and the hullabaloo that emanates from such a grandiose and wanton dispaly does nothing but mountainously and titanically cause a discourse, a hullabaloo in the society.

We need the IGP to reign in his subordinates and we need the citizens to stop getting into hand to hand melee with armed civil servants.

++++++++++++++++++++++

From Texas penal code. Yes Texas, much of Nigerians criminal and building laws are word for word lifted from American justice system which we follow.

Texas Penal Code § 38.14. Taking or Attempting to Take Weapon From Peace Officer, Federal Special Investigator, Employee or Official of Correctional Facility, Parole Officer, Community Supervision and Corrections Department Officer, or Commissioned Security Officer

(a) In this section:
(2) “Stun gun” means a device designed to propel darts or other projectiles attached to wires that, on contact, will deliver an electrical pulse capable of incapacitating a person.
(3) “Commissioned security officer” has the meaning assigned by Section 1702.002(5), Occupations Code.
(b) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally or knowingly and with force takes or attempts to take from a peace officer, federal special investigator, employee or official of a correctional facility, parole officer, community supervision and corrections department officer, or commissioned security officer the officer's, investigator's, employee's, or official's firearm, nightstick, stun gun, or personal protection chemical dispensing device with the intention of harming the officer, investigator, employee, or official or a third person.
(c) The actor is presumed to have known that the peace officer, federal special investigator, employee or official of a correctional facility, parole officer, community supervision and corrections department officer, or commissioned security officer was a peace officer, federal special investigator, employee or official of a correctional facility, parole officer, community supervision and corrections department officer, or commissioned security officer if:
(1) the officer, investigator, employee, or official was wearing a distinctive uniform or badge indicating his employment;  or
(2) the officer, investigator, employee, or official identified himself as a peace officer, federal special investigator, employee or official of a correctional facility, parole officer, community supervision and corrections department officer, or commissioned security officer.
(d) It is a defense to prosecution under this section that the defendant took or attempted to take the weapon from a peace officer, federal special investigator, employee or official of a correctional facility, parole officer, community supervision and corrections department officer, or commissioned security officer who was using force against the defendant or another in excess of the amount of force permitted by law.
(1) a felony of the third degree, if the defendant took a weapon described by Subsection (b) from an officer, investigator, employee, or official described by that subsection;  and
(2) a state jail felony, if the defendant attempted to take a weapon described by Subsection (b) from an officer, investigator, employee, or official described by that subsection.

- See more at: http://codes.findlaw.com/tx/penal-code/penal-sect-38-14.html#sthash.oT8WEJkT.dpuf
although I didn't finish reading, your in nigeria na,you suppose know say all these codes no day valid for nigeria
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by mayorkent(m): 6:40pm On Dec 29, 2016
m

1 Like

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Flaghouse1: 6:47pm On Dec 29, 2016
[quote author=EgunMogaji post=52366816]

Egunmogaji,

Just liked the way you threw in the legal implication of the guys action into this discourse,youths of today fail to take responsibilities for their action.the guy needs to exercise restraints when faced with such situation in the future.

My encounter with a police CID on his way to make arrest ,just because I had a little traffic altercation with him and in the process the guy they were to arrest ran away ,I was asked to go and produce the guy that I was his accomplice,na so I begin beg them ooo,since I know say them go slam me with obstruction of justice,they threaten me to go to my house to search ,one of them told me that because of my pleading that was why they left me ,that if I was proving stubborn I would be charged to court immediately

1 Like

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

++++++++++++++++++++++

(a) In this section:

This is a straw man argument. You'll be more credible quoting the Nigeria's criminal code. That said, what does Texas law say about illegal police search without probable cause or a warrant issued by a judge?
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 29, 2016
Phlegmwash:

This is a straw man argument. You'll be more credible quoting the Nigeria's criminal code. That said, what does Texas law say about police illegal search without probable cause or a warrant issued by a judge?

I already explained why I quoted the Texas statute.

I am not your errand boy so you get to do your own research wink
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 29, 2016
mayorkent:
although I didn't finish reading, your in nigeria na,you suppose know say all these codes no day valid for nigeria

I explained why I quoted Texas penal code.

These codes are actually loosely valid for Nigeria.
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 29, 2016
Phlegmwash:
I'm angry too. In fact, I've been angry since 1999 when the military handed over to a democratic government. I thought democracy is about having a national dialogue on how to improve the criminal justice system of this contraption called Nigeria.

I was wrong! I was assaulted many years ago for carrying a backpack with laptop. Being an engineering student (showed them my student ID), told them it would be a crime not to own one and I got assaulted. Knowing how easily angered I could get, I thought leaving the country should be my next logical step if I want to live long enough to fulfil my dreams.

One would have thought the VP being a lawyer and 'progressive' would engage the justice department and start this discussion. Perhaps the people's capacity to condone the shenanigans of police officers haven't reached a breaking point yet, when that time comes Boko Haram terrorism would be a child's play compared to the shitstorm that would befall this nation.

I'm pretty sure that the VP has more important things on his plate than tending to the angst of a backpack wearing youth.

As you clamour for uprising, please spend some time on YouTube to view the results of wars, uprisings, etc
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Cletus77(m): 6:56pm On Dec 29, 2016
The police is now exercising excessive power oooo. Levels don change o
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 29, 2016
[quote author=Flaghouse1 post=52367653][/quote]

I agree with you Sir.

Hundreds, if not thousands, of law abiding citizens passed that checkpoint that day. I ask again why he was singled out and almost faced an assassination.

No police officer goes out on patrol with the intention to kill civilians. Police are not slaves, they are a professional entity, of course with a few bad apples as in any profession, that serve the country.
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by slex(m): 7:10pm On Dec 29, 2016
mayorkent:
careless talk,think before you comment.assume your relative be police man

Oga its either you are a policeman or you are not living in Nigeria. I repeat, any policeman who maltreated, harass and frame innocent law abiding citizens shall meet his end untimely.
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by musa7m(m): 7:24pm On Dec 29, 2016
went for his gun to stop him, as he seemed hell bent on shooting....do you hear your seif....who are you to go for his gun? If you try that with me..beliv me I will fire.....if you not a soja or a policeman don't Quote me

1 Like

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by chiraqDemon(m): 7:26pm On Dec 29, 2016
Bleep 12...pigs amd Bleep all those who hang with them....Bleep the police
NpfK
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by mayorkent(m): 7:27pm On Dec 29, 2016
slex:

Oga its either you are a policeman or you are not living in Nigeria. I repeat, any policeman who maltreated, harass and frame innocent law abiding citizens shall meet his end untimely.
lol maybe my pops na police man,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander / Abia Court Sentences Two Former Bakassi Operatives To Death By Hanging / Haruna Kuye Shot Dead In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.