Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,025 members, 7,821,564 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December (23803 Views)

Fan Shot Dead At Wizkid‘s Concert, Policeman Arrested. Wizkid Reacts / Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria / How To Report Any Form Of Police Brutality In Nigeria (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by cheezy4real(m): 5:27am On Dec 30, 2016
Nigeria is worse than zoo. In zoo , the animals are well taken care of......
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Aikayy: 6:13am On Dec 30, 2016
Oga, u r such a fool. Never argue with a corofo that has a gun. This is a shit republic . DON'T U EVER FORGET THAT!!

1 Like

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Handsomecole(m): 7:13am On Dec 30, 2016
I thank God for him, as far as am concerned the Nigerian Police "false" will never make sense to me. It remains the most dirty job in Nigeria. I hate the Nigerian Police. The more reason I feel no iota of remorse whenever I see them killed.
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by santafe(m): 7:39am On Dec 30, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Go and study the law and educate yourself. You have a smartphone on your person.

People like me stay alive by not acting insolent with armed leo's doing their duty.

My friend, your IQ must be very low. Your reasoning is so terribly disturbing.

And there you go talking about law. Really! What crazy law are you talking about.

About to be shot by a drunk cop and you are here yapping about law.

You have to survive first in that jungle called Nigeria.

If and when a drunk cop points a gun at you, wait for him to shoot and you become part of the statistics of police shooting.

State police is simply the solution.
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 30, 2016
santafe:

My friend, your IQ must be very low. Your reasoning is so terribly disturbing.

And there you go talking about law. Really! What crazy law are you talking about.

About to be shot by a drunk cop and you are here yapping about law.

You have to survive first in that jungle called Nigeria.

If and when a drunk cop points a gun at you, wait for him to shoot and you become part of the statistics of police shooting.

State police is simply the solution.

Your intelligence is below that of a twig.

Next time, before I post, I'll make sure to ask you if your brain dead opinion cool
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 30, 2016
Aikayy:
Oga, u r such a fool. Never argue with a corofo that has a gun. This is a shit republic . DON'T U EVER FORGET THAT!!

Very true cheesy

Most all the dimwits are focused on the gun grabbing issue.

The important discussion is how did we arrive at grabbing a policemans gun?
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by legendprac(m): 5:17pm On Dec 30, 2016
Reading some comments, I weep. I weep because we have come to accept that it's normal for a drunk officer to be on duty.
I weep because we blame the victims instead of the perpetrators of evil.
I weep because, some blame me defending myself.
I weep because some of the comments here is the reason why this brutality will continue.

I weep because as much as I want to effect change, the mindset of some people here will keep affecting the environment where I birth my kids...

It's a sad time to be a Nigerian.
It's a sad time because instead of focusing on the illegality of the assault, we are focusing on what was said or wasn't said to the officer.

It might interest you to know that even complete silence can leave you dead in the hands of police officers in Nigeria.

Many have gone, I would have gone, it might be you or yours tomorrow.

We start dying when we keep silent over things that matter.....
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 30, 2016
legendprac:
Reading some comments, I weep. I weep because we have come to accept that it's normal for a drunk officer to be on duty.
I weep because we blame the victims instead of the perpetrators of evil.
I weep because, some blame me defending myself.
I weep because some of the comments here is the reason why this brutality will continue.

I weep because as much as I want to effect change, the mindset of some people here will keep affecting the environment where I birth my kids...

It's a sad time to be a Nigerian.
It's a sad time because instead of focusing on the illegality of the assault, we are focusing on what was said or wasn't said to the officer.

It might interest you to know that even complete silence can leave you dead in the hands of police officers in Nigeria.

Many have gone, I would have gone, it might be you or yours tomorrow.

We start dying when we keep silent over things that matter.....

I'm sad too. Unfortunately, I don't see respite in the foreseeable future because our politicians haven't even started having this discussion. This issue should be a rallying cry to change the status quo especially during the next election cycle. I was favorably disposed to the Buhari administration, but because a govt should be held to the highest standards, I wouldn't mind a change in govt until we get this right.

The less preferred alternative is to have all hell let loose, instigate a martial law, and begin another journey to democracy after the carthatic phase.

Or maybe democracy isn't meant for us? We would never know until we start a national discourse.
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by legendprac(m): 9:58am On Jan 02, 2017
lordhugo:

Praise, I thank God for your life.
...been a long while my brother.. ( almost 5 years)
Good thing you still got the fighting spirit.
OAU.
Thank God you didn't read my 'dead man' news.
How is it with you bro... Let's connect. Been ages

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Blessing William: Rivers Single Mother Found Dead In Apartment / Poly Graduate Awaiting NYSC Call Up Commits Suicide In Aba / Illegal Oil Bunkers Arrested In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.