Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,515 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose (44836 Views)

Leaked Conversations From Aso Villa Demons’ First 2018 Meeting By Mayowa Tijani / Sagay Blasts Fayose: He Is An Irresponsible Clown, An Embarrassment To Nigeria / Details Of Phone Conversations Between President Buhari And Trump~garba Shehu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by Akkotto: 7:10pm On Dec 29, 2016
The governors should sue the service provider for bridge of contract, this could be a long walk for the providers.

2 Likes

Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 29, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
Which Country's English is this undecided

Nigeria
Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by Newmanluckyman(m): 7:12pm On Dec 29, 2016
modath:

Most of the people ranting raving and somersaulting like inebriated/ demented orangutans into my mentions are as usual partly ignorant & majorly embittered....

Spying, hacking and other covert operations may not be right but it's the way of the world when it comes to national security/intelligence gathering...

What's so funny is that most of dem crazies were clapping for US FBI when Hillary's email server issues were used to truncate her ambition... Awon olopolo daalu!! cool

... If you don't know a jack about a topic why can't you maintain silence and learn. It is not a must that someone must comment on a topic. You appeared as someone who doesn't know, understand.

It is a crime for any govt apparatus to spy on its citizens without A COMPETENT COURT APPROVAL. The challenge I have here is will Fayose be able to prove beyond doubt that DSS actually intercepted his conversation. If he can establish this fact then he needs to sue.

It is very unfortunate that this country is gradually returning to a dictatorial, despotic and Totalitarian state. No respect for rule of law.

4 Likes

Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by epistleNow(m): 7:12pm On Dec 29, 2016
seguno2:

He said that they were i.e. altered.

But first he confirmed the voices were both him and wike.
And that they had a conversation., simple.

Alteration?
That's another joke.

He should have continued lying the Wike way, that would have been the best way to go.
Now he's at conflict with what Wike people are saying.
Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 29, 2016
modath:

Most of the people ranting raving and somersaulting like inebriated/ demented orangutans into my mentions are as usual partly ignorant & majorly embittered....

Spying, hacking and other covert operations may not be right but it's the way of the world when it comes to national security/intelligence gathering...

What's so funny is that most of dem crazies were clapping for US FBI when Hillary's email server issues were used to truncate her ambition... Awon olopolo daalu!! cool

Perhaps when your phone conversation is hacked,you would understand better. They're procedures to follow to collect information from service providers about a person not leaking it to the media house like what was done to Farouk Lawan

2 Likes

Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by Almand: 7:14pm On Dec 29, 2016
modath:

It wasn't FBI that leaked Clinton's mails. Stop defending evil

2 Likes

Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by ukenke: 7:14pm On Dec 29, 2016
Thanks for admitting that the conversation was not concocted.

samirus:
They know that what they are doing is illegal and clear contravention of Section 37 of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, which provides that; ‘The privacy of citizens, their homes, correspondence, telephone conversations and telegraphic communications is hereby guaranteed and protected.’

really bad for so called the reporter leaking people conversation
Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by tejiritex(m): 7:14pm On Dec 29, 2016
modath:
If one has no skeleton in one's wardrobe, seeing skulls and bones would never make one jittery... The guilty never rest nor relax despite not being chased!!

A righteous heart & soul fear no reproach.... cool

Please give me your full name, your home address, your phone number if you no dey fear. Why use a username that we cannot decipher. I am waiting if you have no skeleton.

!!!!!!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by mickey45: 7:14pm On Dec 29, 2016
woodcook:

I for waka pass but l wont:

. I am surprised that DSS and SS are not calling for investigation how SR got hold of the conversation.

only a few Nigerians are, you are chief

2 Likes

Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by sammhi(m): 7:15pm On Dec 29, 2016
Nigerians should never vote any military man in as president again . They are beast . Same way OBJ was behaving in his time
If the DSS has something against the governor , let them sue to court or wait after their tenure and publish these . Wike and Fayose are not the FG problems but hunger , deprecating Value of the naira , failing economy , wanton killings of innocent Nigerians etc
I can't see any difference btw PDP and APC ...same bunch of criminals and tyrants in power
It is a shame

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by Orikinla1: 7:16pm On Dec 29, 2016

Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by iretiland: 7:16pm On Dec 29, 2016
josephine123:
Shameful, irresponsibile that DSS is now leaking Nigerians phone conversations to Sahara Reporters - Fayose

[img]http://4.bp..com/-GLzfXoRt6mg/WGUwB2V6UOI/AAAAAAALSDk/Gev1r9QQFe4mPubluj6P9GfENOPH95hjACLcB/s1600/f.png[/img]

Read the statement below...
Ekiti State Governor, Mr Ayodele Fayose has accused the Department of State Service (DSS) of recording telephone conversations of Nigerians perceived as critical of the President Muhammadu Buhari’s All Progressives Congress (APC) government, editing the conversations and leaking same to Sahara Reporters, which has now become the official propaganda platform of the federal government.

Governor Fayose, who said he was not bothered by the new sinister antic of the federal government, added that; "Rather than sitting down and be monitoring peoples phones, the federal government should provide food for Nigerians and save the lives of those that are being killed in Southern Kaduna and other places."

The governor, who reacted to his telephone conversation with Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike that was published by Sahara Reporters today, through his Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, said; “If the President and his hatchet men in the DSS, EFCC and other federal government agencies do not know what to do other than to record phone conversations of their perceived political foes, they should just resign and save the country from this harrowing experience."

He said it was obviously that they were being threatened by the complimentary comments of notable Nigerians like Pastor Enoch Adeboye, Pastor W. F. Kumuyi, Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi and others about him because those comments negate the cabal's evil intentions.

The governor described the DSS recording telephone conversations of Nigerians and leaking them to Sahara Reporters to publish as the height of the political rascality, manipulation, oppression, suppression and irresponsibility by agents of the federal government that are trying so hard to cover up the crimes they perpetrated against the people of Rivers State.

"They should even go beyond taping of my lines and come to live with me in Ekiti government house so that they can do per seconds live recordings of whatever I say because in the year 2017, by the grace of God, I will still say more without apology," he said.

Governor Fayose said for the first time since democracy returned to the country in 1999, Nigerians were celebrating Christmas and new year with hunger and sufferings beyond measure. "Nigerians are asking for food on their tables, they want employments, they want security, not recording of people's phone conversations and handing it to a road side online platform to publish.

"Unemployment and job loss are increasing at a very alarming rate while the electoral process is daily being bastardised. "Rather than tackling hunger and the country’s economic woes, they have embarked on diversionary tactics with irrelevant stories of Governors Wike and Fayose’s phone conversations, governors who do not bear arms and have no control over any security apparatus," the governor said.

He said: “I knew it before now that telephone conversations of prominent Nigerians, especially National Assembly members and opposition figures are being monitored, but I have remained unperturbed in my resolve to play my roles in rescuing Nigeria from the jaws of tyranny, which the present APC federal government represents."

While maintaining that the APC led federal government do not respect the laws of the country, Governor Fayose said; “They know that what they are doing is illegal and clear contravention of Section 37 of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, which provides that; ‘The privacy of citizens, their homes, correspondence, telephone conversations and telegraphic communications is hereby guaranteed and protected.’ “However, because they are criminally minded and are running a tyrannical government, using the DSS, EFCC and other agencies, one is not surprised at the current development.

He encouraged Nigerians not to keep silent in the face of this tyranny, saying; "it will get to everybody one day, some day.” He said; "Like I said before, their style has become so predictable. Whenever Nigerians cry of the pains and sufferings they are going through, they will come with flimsy stories like; “20 Chibok girls found,” “$1 billion found in Mr A, B or C bedroom,” “Boko Haram technically defeated,” “We have captured Sambisa forest,” "Governors Wike and Fayose’s phone conversations leaked," etc just to divert attention. "Regrettably, Governors Wike and Fayose that bear no arm remain their headache while their agents that bear arms like guns, armoured tanks and fighter jets etc, using them against Nigerians have not been called to question.

"Going by the barrage of pains being inflicted on Nigerians by his cluelessness, if I will give the President a candid advise, I will tell him to resign because he has failed Nigerians, whose votes he obtained by deception. Under his watch, Dollar is now N500 to $1, their is unprecedented hunger in the land, Nigerians are being killed in Southern Kaduna and other places, "It is better for the President to resign because he appears not to have capacity for positivity.

"If all the presidents that ruled before Buhari had behaved like he is behaving now, he himself will be in jail. "However, let me say it once again, I am one person who is not afraid of death or incarceration. I will keep telling Nigerians the truth, which obviously hurts Buhari and the cabal around him."

SOURCE. http://www.nairanaijanews.com/2016/12/shameful-irresponsibile-that-dss-is-now.html

The saddest thing that dignify and intelligent Nigeria's must struggle with is how the likes of Fayose, Dino, Wike - professional touts and members of the Oshodi-bridge boys brigade - became men with serious responsibility in this country. Buhari may be bad, but, Fayose still have cases of people his killer boys murdered during his first term. Only the low-life GEJ rehabilitated him for the Ekiti govt house with a huge amount of our resources as now attested to by Obanikoro. Fayose is not fighting for any sane Nigerian, but trying to scare authorities away from following up with his criminal activities.

1 Like

Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by ipreach: 7:16pm On Dec 29, 2016
sarrki:

What is H

Its for Hypotenuses
Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by Akaujaa(m): 7:22pm On Dec 29, 2016
Politicians use the youths...the youths use themselves. Youths are only interested in arguing either in favour or against politicians whether they are right or wrong. The solution to Nigeria's problem rests not in the youth because they are so gullible and mentally weak. Apologies but the truth must be said.

1 Like

Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by Newmanluckyman(m): 7:26pm On Dec 29, 2016
zicoraads:

In one breath you accused people of being deeply ignorant, and in another breath you displayed ignorance yourself. Hillary's email issues were never used to truncate her ambition, Donald Trump only said and promised what most Americans wanted. Besides, it was never the FBI that was responsible for the trove of email releases, Wikileaks was. And it wasn't even the FBI that leaked it to them. So what's your point?

That said, right is right. Wrong is wrong. When American allies knew America was spying on them, there was an outrage. They didn't say 'it is the way of the world'. Besides, spying is not done to in turn release the information gathered to news agencies. That is the height of irresponsibility. But then, the social media money budgeted for next year would never allow some of you to se the truth, would it?

It's ironic and very hypocritical that some of you who condemned the excesses of the DSS under the former regime are ever so eager to praise them now, even when they are out of order.

Fayose is not my most favourite person. But on this point, he made sense. If the DSS feels he has broken the law, keep the evidence and wait for his tenure to expire. It's not forever now, is it?

What Nigerians yearn for now is a concrete effort on the part of the Government in alleviating this intense suffering most people are facing.

Except for you and a few more social media 'egunje' beneficiaries, most people don't really care what Fayose or Wike discuss when one calls the other.
... Excellent explanation. Nigeria lost it news - worthy credibility the very moment the only credible news outlet (channels Tv) in the country was compromised. It happens the very moment the owner of channels TV was appointed by this govt as a DG in one of the govt broadcasting outfit. Nigeria media space is gagged!

2 Likes

Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by 2shur: 7:29pm On Dec 29, 2016
if your phone is getting tapped bro.
send texts
so fhucking simple.
Sleekydee:
even me iyam worried, how are dis media outlets getting access to dis phone convos....this re serious propagandas, Buhari listen to mi, arresting Fayose and Wike isn't gonna solve Naija issues, can't u focus on a solution ni?
Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by LorDBolton(m): 7:42pm On Dec 29, 2016
To know an idiot all u have to do is ask him who he supports fayose or buhari.

Once you hear 'fa' just get up and leave... never argue with empty headed souls.

1 Like

Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by modath(f): 7:46pm On Dec 29, 2016
woodcook:

Stop comparing orange and apple, Hilary leak was done according to the US government by Russian not FBI. When FBI needed to investigate they got court order and did not publish any private email to the public.

But having a Nigerian paper having access to private conversations between two first class citizens is a breach of national security. I am surprised that DSS and SS are not calling for investigation how SR got hold of the conversation.

The funny thing is that you may think that since it involves Wike and Fayose that you are cool with it, but you failed to recognize the fact that the chicken will come home to roost someday.

For instance, I am sure if APC knew that the chicken would come home to roost so soon they would never have insulted GEJ or condone people calling him names then, I am sure you are a living witness how that actions has affected PMB so far.

In situation like this, you have to consider the long term implication and the spill over effect.

I really don't want to type much but cos you were polite in your objection, I owe it to you to explain a bit more...

The Hillary Clinton assertion isn't a direct reference to FBI like it's being assumed... it's a sidebar comment to reiterate my the position that people's bias & sentiments determine how they align...

Most of the people foaming at the mouth were delirious with joy when Hillary's hack was a thing.... wasn't that an invasion of privacy as well?

1 Like

Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by Akkotto: 7:49pm On Dec 29, 2016
Please tell buhari to arrest them now
Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by mafioso47(m): 7:53pm On Dec 29, 2016
there's nothing incriminating about that conversation all I heard was two men celebrating their stand and victory over impunity and dictatorship from the ruling party!! "Kill them all" is synonymous to dogs and baboons ending up in their own blood.

4 Likes

Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by millhouse: 7:59pm On Dec 29, 2016
bros 2 heineken for you
woodcook:

Stop comparing orange and apple, Hilary leak was done according to the US government by Russian not FBI. When FBI needed to investigate they got court order and did not publish any private email to the public.

But having a Nigerian paper having access to private conversations between two first class citizens is a breach of national security. I am surprised that DSS and SS are not calling for investigation how SR got hold of the conversation.

The funny thing is that you may think that since it involves Wike and Fayose that you are cool with it, but you failed to recognize the fact that the chicken will come home to roost someday.

For instance, I am sure if APC knew that the chicken would come home to roost so soon they would never have insulted GEJ or condone people calling him names then, I am sure you are a living witness how that actions has affected PMB so far.

In situation like this, you have to consider the long term implication and the spill over effect.

2 Likes

Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by zaydocheme: 8:00pm On Dec 29, 2016
So long a letter - mariamo ba.
Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 29, 2016
modath:
If one has no skeleton in one's wardrobe, seeing skulls and bones would never make one jittery... The guilty never rest nor relax despite not being chased!!

A righteous heart & soul fear no reproach.... cool

Are you alright? Since when did it become the the right of the government to monitor private conversations? I weep for your likes. Mehn!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 29, 2016
modath:

I really don't want to type much but cos you were polite in your objection, I owe it to you to explain a bit more...

The Hillary Clinton assertion isn't a direct reference to FBI like it's being assumed... it's a sidebar comment to reiterate my the position that people's bias & sentiments determine how they align...

Most of the people foaming at the mouth were delirious with joy when Hillary's hack was a thing.... wasn't that an invasion of privacy as well?

My dear it was an invasion of privacy but by a third country. The issue here bothers more on national security (likewise that if Hillary) than who got off on Hillary's leak.

Imagine if DSS and SS do not do anything about this case my dear they would be setting a dangerous example. Imagine government being able to sponsor and hack anyones call , I am sure people would be paid to hack their political rival phones.

Infact with the right cash you can easily get a copy from the network provider without any consequencies. Situations like these are the reason people are complaining about not whether those involved in the conversation deserved it or not. If the DSS has any need for it they should use legal means to acquire it and also it should be used strictly for what it was obtained for rather than allowing third party access to it. (I have to state at this juncture that I am not sure if it was DSS that gave it to SR)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by willzy94: 8:08pm On Dec 29, 2016
Now u guys will feel like nigerians. Meeeeeee!!!!

Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by doctokwus: 8:08pm On Dec 29, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

Maybe you can help by assisting him in removing him from office
If Buhari was not a dull,incompetent,cattle rearer,wud any president anywhere in d civilized world have evidence of various atrocities,including murders,maimings and denial of access to a state,by a governor,against citizens of a country the president swore to protect and defend,yet sits idly by?
It means as a Nigerian,d likes of Wike and Fayose can do any harm to pple in their state and d president sits powerless,dafty and indecisive.Who then protects one against such murderous monsters as governors.Is it God that wud come down from His high office to do what d commander in chief shud and swore before same God to do?Which kind of president is that.Rubbish!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by lagosrd: 8:14pm On Dec 29, 2016
When it became a crime for an opposition to celebrate victory in this country I don't know. But when ondo and edit elections were won by APC nothing happened. These guys are just looking for trouble everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by OKEMKPI: 8:19pm On Dec 29, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
It's not right for people to invade your privacy. Stop living in stone age because of sycophancy

Ur comment will change if the security agents were able to apprehend armed robbers, kidnappers,ritualist,etc by accessing thier fone logs,
Crime is crime whether perpetrated by a common criminal or by an honorable criminal

1 Like

Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 29, 2016
ogologoamu:

Don't support evil, tomorrow you might be a victim of what he's saying.

victim of wat xactly,,,.... how many common wailers on nairaland as bin arrest since tryant idi ami abacha buhari came on board.... a law abiding citizen as nuttin to fear tomorrow ,,dd he steal nigeria money ,abi he share arms deal??
Re: Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose by Everblazinggg(f): 8:38pm On Dec 29, 2016
BERNIMOORE:

this source if Fake OP. Fayose Never Admit That the concorted Audio voice was his, It is Even more Mischievious That sahara reporters will concort something, and there are people on Nairaland that is ready to fabricate 'an admitance response' Using fake links this one http://www.nairanaijanews.com/2016/12/shameful-irresponsibile-that-dss-is-now.html

its now clear that sahara reporters are out to divert public attention from APC rigging in Rivers

(1) when wike lead protest to police headquarters against fakorede sahara reporters released a concorted Audio
(2) when wike policemen about 21 with him during election were arrested and detained, sahara reporters released another concorted Audio featuring fayose

Now waiting for Nairaland extention of their members that is ready to fabricate 'an admittance response' Using fake links

Anyway Nigerians are wiser. Fayose never admit that the audio voice was his as the whole audio thing is a hoarse! aimed at diverting peoples attention from the fact that wike a sitting governor's police and orderlies are been detained illegally to weaken security around the governor in a democratic setting from a president reffered to as 'a born again democrat' is laughable!

Keep foaming from your mouth. Fayose will say am the one while you Mr no body will tell us it's not him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fresh Anxiety In Aso Rock Over Buhari’s Health - PUNCH / "President Buhari Is Sick, Fayose Is A Mad Man" – Oshiomhole / Rochas Okorocha Sacks Son-In-law, Uche Nwosu, Others (FULL LIST)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.