Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,381 members, 7,861,052 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:22 PM

Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA (24351 Views)

Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge / Wike Inspects The Construction Of Shopping Mall In Port Harcourt (Photos) / The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by Iolo(m): 6:30pm On Dec 31, 2016
This is awesome. If only we sold our story as a people better and believed in ourselves. So many funny comments I'm seeing.
Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 31, 2016
idupaul:
Not bad for starters but its doesn't look sturdy enough to take on very rough seas yet

Some countries refer to this class of ship as a Midshore Patrol Vessel(MPV) or Inshore Patrol Vessel(IPV). In Nigeria we refer to them as a Seaward Defence Boat (SDB).

They are designed to patrol Inshore and up to 250 nautical miles. That's our entire EEZ. That's more than good. The vessels are also well armed.

2 Likes

Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by bularuz(m): 6:32pm On Dec 31, 2016
Nice photo story, hope we consolidate on this achievement
Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by tdayof(m): 6:33pm On Dec 31, 2016
Dedetwo:

I guess you are one of the ignorant dingbats who will refer a boat as a ship. I am not surprise you come across as a Nigerian. What ignorant bunch of ninnies.

Don't start what you know nothing about.

2 Likes

Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by klax(m): 6:34pm On Dec 31, 2016
Ok nah
Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by tdayof(m): 6:36pm On Dec 31, 2016
slimthugchimee2:
after the construction of the inner skeleton and the lower half of the ship

the ship hulls, and personal quarters were next

Kindly correct the topic to NNS KARADUWA smiley

1 Like

Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by Blue3k(m): 6:37pm On Dec 31, 2016
Excellent first ships then planes. We don't need to be begging for weapons from USA. We have talent in Nigeria. Honestly after the electricity sector is fixed Nigerias manufacturing revolution can begin. Along with mining boom.

1 Like

Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by lifestyle1(m): 6:49pm On Dec 31, 2016
dokunbam:

They should improve on this

There's room for improvement. cool
Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by slimthugchimee2(m): 6:50pm On Dec 31, 2016
tdayof:

Kindly correct the topic to NNS KARADUWA smiley
seems i cant change it again thou
Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by mengho(m): 6:54pm On Dec 31, 2016
Dedetwo:
Most Nigerians are uselessly funny. The so-called ship by Nigeria is a mere patrol boat. Thanks goodness that picture does not lie. The so-called ship by misguided Nigerians is aptly characterized as P-102.

Don't be rude, we got start somewhere, in the near future we shall start building destroyers, submarines & carriers.
This step is in d right direction

2 Likes

Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by FemiMaduka(m): 7:01pm On Dec 31, 2016
This is good. However, we can go a step further by installing anti-ship missile systems on this boat and other boats in its class. I dont see the 40mm and 30mm autocannons doing much damage to bigger ships. Yea, these boats are basically for patrols and perhaps anti-smuggling operations, but I think an addition of anti-ship capability will make it more deadly. kudos to the Navy.
Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by Malawian(m): 7:03pm On Dec 31, 2016
one torpedo. dassol

1 Like

Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by shamecurls(m): 7:22pm On Dec 31, 2016
Henry240:

Again dumb ass, it is called a Seaward Defence Boat. Quit displaying your ignorance online.

Nigerian Navy Ship P102 the P stands for Patrol. You would know this if you had any iota of an understanding of the subject that is been discussed. However, clearly you don't, and have chosen to tow the unfortunate path of ignorance.

Yes, I'm a full blooded Nigerian. I am also very well grounded in the topic being discussed.

In the military nomenclature the terms boat and ship can be used interchangeably.

No mind am, As US embassy don give am 2 years visa, Hin sef don dey claim American

4 Likes

Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by lionel4power(m): 7:27pm On Dec 31, 2016
Malawian:
one torpedo. dassol
wicked... grin grin cheesy but its going no where near any naval battle. its a patrol boat.
Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by lionel4power(m): 7:36pm On Dec 31, 2016
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.
George S. Patton

Kudoz to the men of the Nigerian Military for this wonderful piece of engineering. yes we started small but as the time goes by we will achieve greater things.

I have a great belief in the future of my people and my country.

i'm bedazzled at the way some people make very silly comments on such grand efforts by our military men.
it's unfortunate that we have to share the same national space with some f00ls who are spectacularly st00pid and their ignorance is so brilliantly dashing that it is a rare occurrence in nature itself.

3 Likes

Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by Enice(m): 7:42pm On Dec 31, 2016
Buhari is working. Haters G2H.
Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by slysteel: 7:51pm On Dec 31, 2016
Bia! Op,why are you misleading people? it was built by Dorman Long Engineering company and their office is right inside Naval Dockyard in Victoria island and the company is a pure English company with the best foreign and local engineers,it was built by for the nigerian navy by the company.

1 Like

Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by Graphene(m): 7:52pm On Dec 31, 2016
Thumbs up NIgerian Navy
Thumbs up Dormanlong Engineering
Thumbs up Blueflag
Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by GuyfawkesAB(m): 8:31pm On Dec 31, 2016
So ashamed at the level of ignorance on Nairaland at times. Dorman Long has been working with Nigerian Navy for years. They have been developing local capacity engaging both civilian and naval engineers. They started off with ship repairs and restoration. Now the partnership has resulted in shipbuilding.

This same partnerships exist in developed countries. Most of the foreign military shipbuilding companies are even staffed with civilian engineers and workmen who work with military designers amd engineers to build ships.
slysteel:
Bia! Op,why are you misleading people? it was built by Dorman Long Engineering company and their office is right inside Naval Dockyard in Victoria island and the company is a pure English company with the best foreign and local engineers,it was built by for the nigerian navy by the company.
Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by Dedetwo(m): 8:41pm On Dec 31, 2016
Henry240:

Again dumb ass, it is called a Seaward Defence Boat. Quit displaying your ignorance online.

Nigerian Navy Ship P102 the P stands for Patrol. You would know this if you had any iota of an understanding of the subject that is been discussed. However, clearly you don't, and have chosen to tow the unfortunate path of ignorance.

Yes, I'm a full blooded Nigerian. I am also very well grounded in the topic being discussed.

In the military nomenclature the terms boat and ship can be used interchangeably.

I do not give a ratass what Nigerians call anything because it usually come out as goofy stuff. In addition, you displayed your idiocy by concurring to my previous that P-102 is a patrol boat not ship. The hull of the boat revealed in the pictures does not even qualify it in the class of tug boat for wharf duties talk less a Frigate. You are as ignorant and loudmouthed as most Nigerians on this forum. Your putrid mouth is worthless in this discourse.
Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by Dedetwo(m): 8:50pm On Dec 31, 2016
Olasco93:
I've been telling those who care to listen and agree that my Fatherland is filled with the worlds most Intelligentias... The only issue is that her people Project the Bad and Ugly things of the country more than the Good ones of which the whole countries of the world are Victims.
Give a Nigerian "Gun", I bet you he will Invent his own "Bullet" even when the raw materials are not readilly available
#ILoveNigeria&Nigerians

I guess Nigerians should invent their guns and think about the bullets later. Why would any reasonable fellow give dumbass dingbats a gun?
Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by dokunbam(m): 8:50pm On Dec 31, 2016
lifestyle1:

There's room for improvement. cool

Way to go bro
Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 31, 2016
Dedetwo:

I do not give a ratass what Nigerians call anything because it usually come out as goofy stuff. In addition, you displayed your idiocy by concurring to my previous that P-102 is a patrol boat not ship. The hull of the boat revealed the pictures does not even qualify it in the class of tug boat for wharf duties talk less a Frigate. You are as ignorant and loudmouthed as most Nigerians on this forum. Your putrid mouth is worthless in this discourse.

When i make military related contributions, people like you just sit and learn. I'll provide you proper military inclined education. Be humble and learn.

3 Likes

Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 31, 2016
grayht:
Hope it won't sink like titanic on its maiden voyage..?
I doubt if the boat has a Certificate of Seaworthiness
When u mix weed with garri.
Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by Dedetwo(m): 9:44pm On Dec 31, 2016
Henry240:

When i make military related contributions, people like you just sit and learn. I'll provide you proper military inclined education. Be humble and learn.

I had rather learn from a dunce than from you who hardly know the difference between "made in" and "produced in" with respect to goods. In addition, from a ninny who does not know the difference between a boat and a ship.
Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by lionel4power(m): 10:11pm On Dec 31, 2016
Dedetwo:

I had rather learn from a dunce than from you who hardly know the difference between "made in" and "produced in" with respect to goods. In addition, from a ninny who does not know the difference between a boat and a ship.
no one called it a ship... we all here know that its a 'SEAWARD DEFENCE BOAT' (SDB II) with another 50 meter SDB III being built.

ALL NIGERIAN NAVAL VESSELS IS PRONOUNCE WITH A PREFIX 'NNS' WHICH STANDS FOR 'NIGERIAN NAVY SHIP' WHETHER BIG OR SMALL, FRIGATE OR PATROL CRAFTS OR BOATS EVEN A SUBMARINE WILL HAVE THE PREFIX 'NNS'... EVERYBODY HERE KNOWS THAT EXCEPT YOU
people like you just look for reasons to showcase your stupidi.t.y and ignorance like a dum.b peacock...

4 Likes

Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by Dedetwo(m): 10:32pm On Dec 31, 2016
lionel4power:
no one called it a ship... we all here know that its a 'SEAWARD DEFENCE BOAT' (SDB II) with another 50 meter SDB III being built.

ALL NIGERIAN NAVAL VESSELS IS PRONOUNCE WITH A PREFIX 'NNS' WHICH STANDS FOR 'NIGERIAN NAVY SHIP' WHETHER BIG OR SMALL, FRIGATE OR PATROL CRAFTS OR BOATS EVEN A SUBMARINE WILL HAVE THE PREFIX 'NNS'... EVERYBODY HERE KNOWS THAT EXCEPT YOU
people like you just look for reasons to showcase your stupidi.t.y and ignorance like a dum.b peacock...

The ones their parts and other fabricated materials were shipped from Sri Lanka? Nigeria is actually the home of dunces. Who gives a hoot about Nigerian classification? There is more than NNS to Vessel classification, clown. No wonder the cesspit can never develop.
Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 31, 2016
Dedetwo:

The best part with a nincompoop like you is, you're ignorant and you are very well aware of your current state of utter hopelessness, but you have come to terms with this ignorance. There is no salvation for guys like you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by xwolverine: 5:17am On Jan 01, 2017
Dedetwo:

The ones their parts and other fabricated materials were shipped from Sri Lanka? Nigeria is actually the home of dunces. Who gives a hoot about Nigerian classification? There is more than NNS to Vessel classification, clown. No wonder the cesspit can never develop.

And the underdeveloped cesspit has the highest GDP in Africa. You can suck on that, dolt

1 Like

Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by koladebrainiac(m): 7:01am On Jan 01, 2017
Henry240:

wow i like the way u schooled that boy.

the best n clinical answer for the start of this year.
Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 01, 2017
Goldenheart:
Extreme engineering... grin

Yes, Naija style. This boat exact same type would cost us between 5 - 8 million dollars to procure from abroad. It meets what ever international standard there is, and is well armed for the Patrol duties it's been built for and can patrol nearly 250KM into sea.

We plan on exporting to not just neigbouring countries but to the rest of Africa. As Nigerians we should be proud of this achievement, the Navy is also going to build a large type, 50 meters in length, locally. Jobs would be provided, we would gain more experience, the money would be spent in Nigeria, Nigerians would benefit, additional bragging rights.

Yet you see some nincompoops criticising aimlessly without sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by misterjosh(m): 11:22am On Jan 01, 2017
Dedetwo:
Most Nigerians are uselessly funny. The so-called ship by Nigeria is a mere patrol boat. Thanks goodness that picture does not lie. The so-called ship by misguided Nigerians is aptly characterized as P-102.
Still a step in the right direction, small small very soon now, it will be aircraft carrier that we will be making for ourselves and other countries

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

US, UK Allege Manipulated Collation Of Results / Fayose To Buhari: Withdraw 2016 Budget, It’s A National Embarrassment / A Politician Is A Politician PMB Inclusive (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.