Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,995 members, 7,849,001 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 01:17 PM

Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA (24325 Views)

Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge / Wike Inspects The Construction Of Shopping Mall In Port Harcourt (Photos) / The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by dadoctore(m): 12:43pm On Jan 01, 2017
deflover:
My senior from Nigeria Navy secondary school abeokuta who is a commander in the navy was among those that built that ship

We are proud to ve his kind to be part of us

Navy boys rock
Yes we definitely do. Pls who's the Navy boy amongst the engineers perhaps we were classmates.
Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by goingape: 12:57pm On Jan 01, 2017
slimthugchimee2:
almost done
no gun no nothing and you call this nnis war ship undecided

this is a patrol or commercial boat and not ship!

get your fact well..
Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by FemiMaduka(m): 1:00pm On Jan 01, 2017
Even if this boat costed us more than the $5-8m estimate that someone gave in here, I still think building it locally was the wiser decision (strategically). I noticed that even some hyper-skilled top ranking Japanese engineers working on their indigenous bullet train (Shinkasen) and Maglev train program (proposed 510kmph+) couldnt even speak English. I think it's time we emphasized more on the practical aspect of technology, other than having 'professors of engineering' who cant even make a lever and pulley. We should be FANATICAL about this 'home-grown' capability. Buhari and his hordes should spare me the noise, until they all choose 'made in Nigeria' vehicles as their official vehicles. Buhari, El Rufai and co. came to the NDA last October in a convoy of about 50 vehicles but all of them were American, Japanese and German automobiles! I dont know how hard it is for them to use made-in-Nigeria vehicles even if it is for the show.

2 Likes

Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by deflover(m): 1:01pm On Jan 01, 2017
dadoctore:

Yes we definitely do. Pls who's the Navy boy amongst the engineers perhaps we were classmates.

Commander Charles obute
95set
Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by goingape: 1:01pm On Jan 01, 2017
Malawian:
one torpedo. dassol
lol!

na plastic boat grin
Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by deflover(m): 1:06pm On Jan 01, 2017
dadoctore:

Who are you
Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by Dedetwo(m): 1:09pm On Jan 01, 2017
FemiMaduka:
Even if this boat costed us more than the $5-8m estimate that someone gave in here, I still think building it locally was the wiser decision (strategically). I noticed that even some hyper-skilled top ranking Japanese engineers working on their indigenous bullet train (Shinkasen) and Maglev train program (proposed 510kmph+) couldnt even speak English. I think it's time we emphasized more on the practical aspect of technology, other than having 'professors of engineering' who cant even make a lever and pulley. We should be FANATICAL about this 'home-grown' capability. Buhari and his hordes should spare me the noise, until they all choose 'made in Nigeria' vehicles as their official vehicles. Buhari, El Rufai and co. came to the NDA last October in a convoy of about 50 vehicles but all of them were American, Japanese and German automobiles! I dont know how hard it is for them to use made-in-Nigeria vehicles even if it is for the show.

This another misconception by most Nigerians. The ability to speak English Language does not make you smart. Countries such as France, Germany, Japan, Russia and China teach their engineers and scientists in their native language or vernacular. There is huge difference between "made in Nigeria" and "produced in Nigeria". It very elementary to educate our youths in a proper manner without feeding them the mediocrity of emptiness.

1 Like

Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by slimthugchimee2(m): 1:43pm On Jan 01, 2017
goingape:
no gun no nothing and you call this nnis war ship undecided

this is a patrol or commercial boat and not ship!

get your fact well..

first bolded- it looks like you cant read, didnt you see were i typed the kind of weapon it uses

Second bolded- Like i said it looks like you cant read, show me were i called it a warship....... SEAWARD DEFENCE BOAT..M0RON read well

2 Likes

Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by goingape: 1:52pm On Jan 01, 2017
slimthugchimee2:

first bolded- it looks like you cant read, didnt you see were i typed the kind of weapon it uses

Second bolded- Like i said it looks like you cant read, show me were i called it a warship....... SEAWARD DEFENCE BOAT..M0RON read well
sperm head
Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by dadoctore(m): 8:47am On Jan 04, 2017
deflover:

Who are you
Ladi Akinseloyin. 7th set
Re: Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA by dadoctore(m): 8:50am On Jan 04, 2017
deflover:

Commander Charles obute
95set
Oh that was SP Jack Akpan's set. The pioneer set, I came in just as they finished.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shuaibu Ado Dansudu: North Will Rule Nigeria Till 2031, South Wake Up From Dream / Boko Haram: 214 Rescued Girls Pregnant – UNFPA / An Article By Femi Adesina, Buhari's Special Adviser In January

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.