Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion (52488 Views)

Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? / Atheism Is A Religion / Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:06pm On Jan 03, 2017
^^ taurus25

Read my latest response to Vanceastro
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:09pm On Jan 03, 2017
dalaman:

No. When they say something is literal it means exactly.

I said when they say something isn't literal what does it mean?

You have not responded oo to my questions ooo
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 11:12pm On Jan 03, 2017
randomperson:

It's not tautology and I already showed u... You are only repeating arguments because you don't know where to go from there...
I believe Messi is better than Ronaldo is different from I don't believe Ronaldo is better than Messi.... So when a theist says I believe there is god, I simply say I DON'T BELIEVE there is god...
If u or any of your friends can equate both these statements to mean the same thing, logically, then no problem

U r d one raping logic here.

Ok answer these 2 questions in true or false.
And if ur answers are different,
It shows your logic is correct

If your answers are identical, U r wrong obviously.

Question 1:

Random believes Messi is not better than Ronaldo?
True/FALSE

Question 2:
Random doesnt believe Messi is better than Ronaldo?
True/false

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:12pm On Jan 03, 2017
randomperson:
until there is ample proof or evidence of the existence of God

So what kind of evidence are you expecting that proves the existence of God .
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 11:14pm On Jan 03, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

That is even the voice of agnostic.
The guy wants to cross carpet

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:15pm On Jan 03, 2017
felixomor:

That is even the voice of agnostic.
The guy wants to cross carpet

Lol . Exactly . The agnostics are the ones that ask for proof not the atheists . Maybe he is agnostic

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 11:17pm On Jan 03, 2017
Vanceastro:

The origin of time by whom. Is that book used in universities?

Must it be used by universities?

Besides, the fact u havent heard of that book speaks volumes though.

Google is ur friend.
Cheers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:22pm On Jan 03, 2017
felixomor:

Must it be used by universities?

Besides, the fact u havent heard of that book speaks volumes though.

Google is ur friend.
Cheers

Its funny how someone who is yapping about time and whatnot does not even know about the origin of time.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 11:22pm On Jan 03, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Lol . Exactly . The agnostics are the ones that ask for proof not the atheists . Maybe he is agnostic

Agnostic is the way out. cheesy
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 11:23pm On Jan 03, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Its funny how someone who is yapping about time and what not does not even know about the origin of time.
I am telling you.
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by taurus25(m): 11:23pm On Jan 03, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Physicist Alexander Vilenkin said

It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man. With the proof now in place, cosmologists can no longer hide behind the possibility of a past-eternal universe. There is no escape, they have to face the problem of a cosmic beginning .

Even Stephen Hawking admitted that the laws of science seemed to predict the universe had a beginning, they also seemed to predict that they could not determine how the universe would have begun.

Read Stephen Hawking article on the beginning of time here : http://www.hawking.org.uk/the-beginning-of-time.html

If you begin to slowly move backwards in time, you'd get to a point where space and time break down, this point - a singularly is where everything as we know today is crunched closely together. This point of singularity is just there, the most fundamental form of our existence and it just is, no one knows why the singularity was there.

Now the universe as we know now is a product of that singularity, as it rapidly expanded into space-time and all matter contained in it. So technically space-time began, but the universe itself just is.
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by DeSepiero(m): 11:24pm On Jan 03, 2017
DoctorAlien:

The amount of usable energy in the universe is decreasing. A finite amount of energy couldn't have brought the universe through an eternity of time. Therefore the universe is not eternal.

Why do you feel so?
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jan 03, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Physicist Alexander Vilenkin said

It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man. With the proof now in place, cosmologists can no longer hide behind the possibility of a past-eternal universe. There is no escape, they have to face the problem of a cosmic beginning .

Even Stephen Hawking admitted that the laws of science seemed to predict the universe had a beginning, they also seemed to predict that they could not determine how the universe would have begun.

Read Stephen Hawking article on the beginning of time here : http://www.hawking.org.uk/the-beginning-of-time.html
The universe expanded from a certain point, I agree. But you have to show that the universe began to exist at point. Simple
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by DoctorAlien(m): 11:28pm On Jan 03, 2017
DeSepiero:
Why do you feel so?
Check the dictionary meaning of "eternity" and "finite".
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by randomperson: 11:28pm On Jan 03, 2017
felixomor:

U r d one raping logic here.

Ok answer these 2 questions in true or false.
And if ur answers are different,
It shows your logic is correct

If your answers are identical, U r wrong obviously.

Question 1:

Random believes Messi is not better than Ronaldo?
True/FALSE

Question 2:
Random doesnt believe Messi is better than Ronaldo?
True/false
Is this a mistake?? U are comparing two opposite statements?? I don't believe u don't understand this....
Lemme explain again
1. I believe Messi is better than Ronaldo... This is a claim that Messi is better than Ronaldo-
2. I believe Ronaldo is better than Messi... Again a claim that Ronaldo is better than Messi.
3. I don't believe Ronaldo is better than Messi... Now there are different possibilities in this statement..
i. Messi is better than Ronaldo
ii. Ronaldo is equal to Messi
iii. Am not persuaded that Ronaldo is better than Messi, therefore I don't believe he is... These three bolded positions are entirely consistent with the no.3 statements... Can u show otherwise??

5 Likes

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by randomperson: 11:30pm On Jan 03, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Empirical evidence or a logical reasons why there must be a God...
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by DoctorAlien(m): 11:32pm On Jan 03, 2017
Vanceastro:

The universe expanded from a certain point, I agree. But you have to show that the universe began to exist at point. Simple

Quit being a clown. The second law of thermodynamics provides that the universe must begin.

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by randomperson: 11:34pm On Jan 03, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Both atheists and agnostics ask for proof... The only reason there are atheists in the first place is because there is no proof. For example, if I say the world is flat, it can be shown that the world is flat beyond reasonable doubt, but when u say there is god...
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 11:34pm On Jan 03, 2017
randomperson:

Is this a mistake?? U are comparing two opposite statements?? I don't believe u don't understand this....
Lemme explain again
1. I believe Messi is better than Ronaldo... This is a claim that Messi is better than Ronaldo-
2. I believe Ronaldo is better than Messi... Again a claim that Ronaldo is better than Messi.
3. I don't believe Ronaldo is better than Messi... Now there are different possibilities in this statement..
i. Messi is better than Ronaldo
ii. Ronaldo is equal to Messi
iii. Am not persuaded that Ronaldo is better than Messi, therefore I don't believe he is... These three bolded positions are entirely consistent with the no.3 statements... Can u show otherwise??

Bros, please answer those questions.
"God exists"
"God does not exist"
Are opposite statements to each other.

Dont veer into agnostics please.

Answer those questions.
I beg you

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:38pm On Jan 03, 2017
taurus25:

If you begin to slowly move backwards in time, you'd get to a point where space and time break down, this point - a singularly is where everything as we know today is crunched closely together. This point of singularity is just there, the most fundamental form of our existence and it just is, no one knows why the singularity was there.

Now the universe as we know now is a product of that singularity, as it rapidly expanded into space-time and all matter contained in it. So technically space-time began, but the universe itself just is.

Vanceastro:

Singularity is not a physical state of affairs it is a mathematical idealization and it is not eternal , it has an origin , so I don't get your point .
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by randomperson: 11:40pm On Jan 03, 2017
felixomor:

Bros, please answer those questions.
"God exists"
"God does not exist"
Are opposite statements to each other.

Dont veer into agnostics please.

Answer those questions.
I beg you
Theism.. God exists
Atheism- god doesn't exist or I don't believe God exists
Get a dictionary or even a part one philosophy student... That u don't want to accept this fact doesn't affect its veracity
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jan 03, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Quit being a clown. The second law of thermodynamics provides that the universe must begin.
BEGIN... as in started expanding ~14 billion years ago? I agree but that isn't the same as beginning to EXIST.
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 11:41pm On Jan 03, 2017
randomperson:

Theism.. God exists
Atheism- god doesn't exist or I don't believe God exists
Get a dictionary or even a part one philosophy student... That u don't want to accept this fact doesn't affect its veracity

"Or" does not mean "and" bros.
Please answer those questions,

I beg u
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:42pm On Jan 03, 2017
randomperson:

Both atheists and agnostics ask for proof... The only reason there are atheists in the first place is because there is no proof. For example, if I say the world is flat, it can be shown that the world is flat beyond reasonable doubt, but when u say there is god...

You can't ask for proof for the existence of God if you are an atheist . Atheism is all about the non existence of God . Theists say there is God , atheists say there is no God
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:44pm On Jan 03, 2017
Vanceastro:

BEGIN... as in started expanding ~14 billion years ago? I agree but that isn't the same as beginning to EXIST.

You obviously didn't read that Stephen Hawking's article on the Beginning of Time where he admitted that the universe had a beginning undecided

Or are you a better expert than he is undecided
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by DeSepiero(m): 11:46pm On Jan 03, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Check the dictionary meaning of "eternity" and "finite".

I've checked so what point are you trying to make please?
I want to understand your view here.
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by taurus25(m): 11:47pm On Jan 03, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Singularity is not a physical state of affairs it is a mathematical idealization and it is not eternal , it has an origin , so I don't get your point .

You cannot isolate the the emergence of space and time from the existence of a singularity.

If space-time begun, then there was a singularity. And with this singularity being essentially the universe in a quatum scale
, it's emergence is unaccountable, therefore the singularity (quantum universe) always was. cool
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by DoctorAlien(m): 11:48pm On Jan 03, 2017
Vanceastro:

The universe began to exist! The amount of energy in it is finite, and so for the singularity(whatever that is) to be there eternally is impossible. It would have used up the finite amount of energy a long time ago, thus preventing the universe from existing.

Moreover, where was the singularity since all the space we know today came from it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by DoctorAlien(m): 11:50pm On Jan 03, 2017
DeSepiero:
I've checked so what point are you trying to make please?
I want to understand your view here.
DoctorAlien:
The universe began to exist! The amount of energy in it is finite, and so for the singularity(whatever that is) to be there eternally is impossible. It would have used up the finite amount of energy a long time ago, thus preventing the universe from existing.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by DoctorAlien(m): 11:51pm On Jan 03, 2017
taurus25:

You cannot isolate the the emergence of space and time from the existence of a singularity.

If space-time begun, then there was a singularity. And with this singularity being essentially the universe in a quatum scale
, it's emergence is unaccountable, therefore the singularity (quantum universe) always was. cool
DoctorAlien:

Moreover, where was the singularity since all the space we know today came from it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:52pm On Jan 03, 2017
taurus25:

The singularity has an origin that means you have no point wink

You can read Hawking's origin of the universe , Hawking admitted the universe had a beginning ; he also admitted that atheists have made so many attempts to preclude a universe with a beginning

http://www.hawking.org.uk/the-origin-of-the-universe.html

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:05am On Jan 04, 2017
randomperson:

Empirical evidence or a logical reasons why there must be a God...

Well there are top 5 Arguments I think

1.Cosmological Argument

2. Moral Argument

3. Teleological Argument

4. Ontological argument

5. Leibeinz Contingency Argument

No atheist have been able to refute these arguments . These make theism very logical .

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Reacts As Reverend Obofour Flaunts His Exotic Cars And Mansion / Battle At Synagogue, Trustee Alleges Threat To Live, TB Joshua's Daughter Reacts / Atheist Murderers(past/present) And The Murderous Tendencies Of Todays Atheists.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.