Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,672 members, 7,820,357 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

National Airline To Begin Operations This Year - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / National Airline To Begin Operations This Year (23159 Views)

New Lagos BRT Buses Begin Operations At The New Oshodi Bus Terminus - Photos / Lagos Medium And High Capacity Buses To Begin Operations / Nigeria Air: National Airline Unveiled (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Airline To Begin Operations This Year by davidif: 10:02pm On Jan 04, 2017
Atiku2019:
The national airline will be one that the government will have no hand in; normally it can have three percent,”

I Prefer 30%

Please tell me when statism has ever worked? I will be waiting.

1 Like

Re: National Airline To Begin Operations This Year by Thisis2raw(m): 10:04pm On Jan 04, 2017
HtwoOw:

Personally i have nothing against GEJ and his mistakes, afterall he's only human, but his followers are trying to paint an image of a saint while painting Buhari as the devil , Cuban president held power for over 50 years just to make sure his country was better and the people saw it , as a matter of fact since buhari has been elected , we have been seeing the good he has in his heart for this country

However these people are always pissing me off , praising GEJ for the loads of failure , 5 Good years he didn't revive any national treasure instead he shared among friends , Refinery , Airline, Power ,e.t.c. all lay dead
and Obj did what?
Re: National Airline To Begin Operations This Year by ofwest47(m): 10:13pm On Jan 04, 2017
It is a good one, even American airlines is privately run.

1 Like

Re: National Airline To Begin Operations This Year by emmanuelpopson(m): 10:14pm On Jan 04, 2017
Rossikki:

OBJ liquidated Nigeria Airways in 2003 without paying the laid down staffs there entitlement.. All we want is that PMB to pay the retrenched workers there rights and you will see the new Carrier on board..
anything aside that is a joke as agreement signed was to pay all outstanding monies owed each staff...

3 Likes

Re: National Airline To Begin Operations This Year by Kingspin(m): 10:14pm On Jan 04, 2017
HtwoOw:

Personally i have nothing against GEJ and his mistakes, afterall he's only human, but his followers are trying to paint an image of a saint while painting Buhari as the devil , Cuban president held power for over 50 years just to make sure his country was better and the people saw it , as a matter of fact since buhari has been elected , we have been seeing the good he has in his heart for this country

However these people are always pissing me off , praising GEJ for the loads of failure , 5 Good years he didn't revive any national treasure instead he shared among friends , Refinery , Airline, Power ,e.t.c. all lay dead
You praise Buhari and another man is praising Jonathan. What do you find as a problem there. Moreover, you and me should wait until we see one airplane up in the sky because, I personally gone past the era of listening to politicians. If I were them I will only reduce talking and increase action.
Re: National Airline To Begin Operations This Year by ebby9z(m): 10:51pm On Jan 04, 2017
AfonjasMustDie:

I pray that all their plans will crumble to the ground

They will not achieve this feat and it will be a failed project in Jesus name

Amen
I can only open my mouth at the misfortune of your parents
Re: National Airline To Begin Operations This Year by OLAJADON: 11:16pm On Jan 04, 2017
HtwoOw:

don't mind those dullards
Re: National Airline To Begin Operations This Year by EbolaParasite: 11:53pm On Jan 04, 2017
HtwoOw:
Now that's why i campaigned and Voted Buhari

National treasure being returned to the rightful owner

#Can'tWaitForNigerianAirways

Please can you tell me exactly why you think we need a national airline? Is it for bragging purposes? Why do we need a national airline when private airlines are still running loses and not making any profit? The airline business is brutal and even the most prudent of airlines are running loses all over the world. What we need is a cleanup of the sector to ensure profitability and SAFETY. This national airline thing is unnecessary.
Re: National Airline To Begin Operations This Year by EbolaParasite: 11:55pm On Jan 04, 2017
ofwest47:
It is a good one, even American airlines is privately run.

American airlines has nothing to do with the govt. The fact that it carries "american" in its name does not mean its the flag bearer.
Same way you had US airways.

1 Like

Re: National Airline To Begin Operations This Year by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jan 04, 2017
AfonjasMustDie:

I pray that all their plans will crumble to the ground

They will not achieve this feat and it will be a failed project in Jesus name

Amen

Amen!!!!!!!
Re: National Airline To Begin Operations This Year by SeyiOmoOba: 1:02am On Jan 05, 2017
REGISTER FOR FREE TO OWN DIGITAL CURRENCY... CRYPTO CURRENCY.

IF ANY CHALLENGE CALL +2347032101762

Hello everyone...

There is a program I want to introduce to you, it is new but it is free right now. This program is about to be launched!!!

For those who will quickly join now before it is launched, they are to join free.

But after the launch, others will have to start registering with money.

Meanwhile the registration is free today. So you have to hurry and register immediately to be amongst those registering free.

Also, once you register, $500 USD will be credited to your account free, which you will withdraw after the launch.

If you can have like 20 people who will register with your link today the company will award you with 20,000 coins which is equal to $10,000 USD.

Take note: the 20 people who are joining you today are all joining for free also.

*Click on this link to register*:
https:///forms/s8HUTIV6V9h2wCle2.

Use me as your sponsor
*SPONSOR'S NAME*:
OGUNJOLU FEMI EMMANUEL
*SPONSOR'S ID*: A 04707680

NOTE: AFTER YOU REGISTER, YOU CAN GET PEOPLE TO REGISTER WITH THE SAME LINK YOU RECEIVED FROM ME, BUT PUT IN YOUR FULL NAMES AS SPONSOR, AND YOUR INTL PASSPORT NUMBER / DRIVER'S LICENCE AS SPONSOR ID, JUST THE WAY I DID.

YOU WILL BE ABLE TO LOG INTO YOUR ACCOUNT AFTER THE LAUNCH. FOR NOW, MAKE SURE YOU BUILD YOUR NETWORK. IT'S FREE REGISTRATION FROM NOW TILL JAN 6.

This is my very real don't miss it. It might be the opportunity that will change your life 2017!!!

See you at the top!
Re: National Airline To Begin Operations This Year by indsstudy: 2:43am On Jan 05, 2017
r4
Re: National Airline To Begin Operations This Year by Sheggy13(m): 4:49am On Jan 05, 2017
AfonjasMustDie:

I pray that all my plans will crumble to the ground

I will not achieve any good feat in my life and every project in my life will be a failed project in Jesus name

Amen
Now I say an amen to this prayer for you. So shall it be for you and your lineage as you wish this country.
Stay away from drugs but you won't listen.

Going by your moniker and comments on here, one can tell that love is alien to you. You probably grew up in a dysfunctional family set-up. Nothing ever graceful proceeds out of that evil, hateful heart of yours and it's those evil thoughts that will perish you.
Re: National Airline To Begin Operations This Year by totorimi: 5:02am On Jan 05, 2017
Govt should have no interest whatsoever in the proposed airline, rather NACA and all the regulating authorities must be strengthened to function effectively, government should create a conducive and enabling environment for airlines to operate successfully.
I bet you govt 3% involvement is all that is needed to frustrate the management of the airline. Just point to one project govt of Nigeria has ever sustained successfully. After the project is completed and inaugurated once time for maintenance comes in govt bureaucracy sets in and then what you get is a systematic degradation until final and total collapse.

This shows these guys have not done a thorough research into the challenges bedeviling this our country. Since you cannot change the people the way out is to change the play pattern. Govt must. begin to hands off business that are for revenue generation purposes. All that is needed is government to open up the sector and allow only those that meet the stringent requirement to operate and they must be checked regularly by govt. Once govt is able to ensure that her officials are alive to their responsibility thats all that is needed.

3 Likes

Re: National Airline To Begin Operations This Year by imoh4king(m): 5:02am On Jan 05, 2017
erico2k2:

What happened to Virgin Nigeria

Why is everybody silent abt Air Nigeria? Wasn't DAT suppose to be our National carrier.....

2 Likes

Re: National Airline To Begin Operations This Year by Blue3k(m): 5:39am On Jan 05, 2017
imoh4king:

Why is everybody silent abt Air Nigeria? Wasn't DAT suppose to be our National carrier.....

How many times has Nigeria failed at this? This is why I feel like Nigerian are addicted to failure.

2 Likes

Re: National Airline To Begin Operations This Year by Nobody: 5:59am On Jan 05, 2017
Are you saying a return ticket to London Heathrow from Lagos is £300 flat rate, with 2 x 34 kg baggage allowance?

Sorry this not my experience, there isn't any limit on price (typically £500) and baggage is 2 x30kg
erico2k2:

I do t think so unless they the new airline fly London lagos 7 days a week at £300 flat and carry 34kgs
Re: National Airline To Begin Operations This Year by chimchim1(m): 6:54am On Jan 05, 2017
Always read b4 u comment. Its going to be private sector driven. Public private partnership (PPP). Government may get only 3%. Did u read all this? No, because of hate?

1 Like

Re: National Airline To Begin Operations This Year by nefertitiram: 8:18am On Jan 05, 2017
nextstep:

... because the Nigerian government has a stellar record of providing services tongue

Can't wait to hear tales of ill-maintained aircraft, owing workers 9 months salary, ghost workers, inflated maintenance contracts, 0% on-time departures, pilot strikes, luggage handler strikes, and deadlock about ticket subsidy.

Imagine the government running a mobile company, airline, or bank as well as it has handled the power situation...

And as we all know, the best time to start a capital-intensive airline is when there is little forex, people are flying less, and fuel is costing more. Thumbs up to our leaders. SMH

Scroll up and read the post. What part of 3% govt ownership don't you understand?
Re: National Airline To Begin Operations This Year by dom(m): 8:21am On Jan 05, 2017
A section of the country will still run it down like they ran down the Nigerian Airways. Just a ploy to increase - by fiat - the number of flights going to their arid region. Since the private airlines will hardly fly there cos of non viability.

2 Likes

Re: National Airline To Begin Operations This Year by wayodude(m): 8:33am On Jan 05, 2017
FriendChoice:

"We are going to establish this national carrier and it will give good service. This is the solution because Nigeria has the market, we are 180 million, we are sitting in West Africa and in the West African market we are 450 million and Nigeria is the major player."

“If you add the Central Africa, which is the Central belt, we are 600 million people, which is equivalent to the US market and also equal to the European market."

https://thenigerian.ng/national-airline-begin-operations-year/

So you are implying that the purchasing power of the average European/American is equivalent to that of the average central/west African?

Honestly, how do these kind of guys get into leadership positions in Nigeria? Oh I forgot....sorry.

3 Likes

Re: National Airline To Begin Operations This Year by drnoel: 10:08am On Jan 05, 2017
HtwoOw:

U really think so. Keep ur eyes open and watch. When the time comes who never sabi go sabi
Re: National Airline To Begin Operations This Year by erico2k2(m): 11:22am On Jan 05, 2017
GenBuhari:
Are you saying a return ticket to London Heathrow from Lagos is £300 flat rate, with 2 x 34 kg baggage allowance?

Sorry this not my experience, there isn't any limit on price (typically £500) and baggage is 2 x30kg
I meant that's the price the new airline will fix 5 lure us from the likes of Arik Lufthansa KLM and Air France
And now the new busy airport in Nigeria is noe PHC Europe and Americans use that airport like nothing else.
Re: National Airline To Begin Operations This Year by nextstep(m): 2:04pm On Jan 05, 2017
nefertitiram:

Scroll up and read the post. What part of 3% govt ownership don't you understand?

I don't understand the 3% part because historically, no matter the purported ownership stake, govt has always managed to frustrate these types of PPP enterprises. Especially this regime that likes to rule by fiat, insists on policies that make no economic sense, and bullies participants into submission.

You'd think such a minority stake holder would wield little influence, but it has never been the case with Abuja.
Re: National Airline To Begin Operations This Year by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 05, 2017
erico2k2:

I meant that's the price the new airline will fix 5 lure us from the likes of Arik Lufthansa KLM and Air France
And now the new busy airport in Nigeria is noe PHC Europe and Americans use that airport like nothing else.
Wow
I was still thinking that no airport could displace MMIA in terms of pax traffic. The PH airport that uses canopy as Arrivals hall, lol.

Anyway, I'd hope the new carrier would have flights to at least 3 US cities, China, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia etc.
Re: National Airline To Begin Operations This Year by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jan 05, 2017
GenBuhari:

That would only be a promotional ticket. The regular ticket price can't be less than N210k if the airline hopes to stay in business.
Re: National Airline To Begin Operations This Year by erico2k2(m): 10:15pm On Jan 05, 2017
CFCman:

Wow
I was still thinking that no airport could displace MMIA in terms of pax traffic. The PH airport that uses canopy as Arrivals hall, lol.

Anyway, I'd hope the new carrier would have flights to at least 3 US cities, China, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia etc.
yes sss oo with canopy as arrival hall . KLM ,Lufthansa and Air France land 7 days a week 365 dysfunction a year including xmas day lol full load to PHC just imagine when the canopy is removed amd the arrival hall o's finished .
I remember when the departure was canopy as well lol
Re: National Airline To Begin Operations This Year by erico2k2(m): 10:16pm On Jan 05, 2017
CFCman:

That would only be a promotional ticket. The regular ticket price can't be less than N210k if the airline hopes to stay in business.
My rtn tkt from London to PHC cost me £900 that was air France .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Driver Becomes Unconscious After Road Chase With Police Operatives In Delta.PICS / African Union Launches An All-africa Passport, To Be Fully Active By 2018 / Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.