Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

How My First Attempt At LOVE Broke Me Into Pieces.. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How My First Attempt At LOVE Broke Me Into Pieces.. (2387 Views)

She Dumped Me For Her Ex, Shattered Me Into Irredeemable Pieces / Can You Sleep Without Eating Because The Person You Love Broke Your Heart?” / Which Romantic Movie Made You Look At Love Differently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My First Attempt At LOVE Broke Me Into Pieces.. by 1stblood: 1:31am On Jan 05, 2017
I write this feeling downed following my first attempt at love.. LOVE, this is a short/long story of how I was deceived and broken by love..

please try reading to the end and maybe try leaving your thoughts below! thanks.

I'm in my 3rd year in the university.
I spent most of my time ever since I got admitted working online (after I had access to a sort of cheap Internet access) and I've been making some cool cash that I hardly had time for anything else beside my academics and God.
typically, I'm not a girls guy or a free person, I just like being on my own cause to me that yields more productivity in what I do. the only friends I have are my neighbors tho and that's because I don't wanna look like an isolated figure everywhere, I got closer to them 200lv and they got to know the kind of person I was and was hell bent on changing my relationship with girls which I objected at first, but considered giving it a try during the 2nd semester, its not that I'm that shy but the way guys talk about girls gave me enough reason to stay away for the time being and focus on my future.
they decided to get me a girl, and I just told then the kind of girl I like (slim, beautiful eyes and voice, not so tall and moderate assets) a good character which I know is difficult to find. so few days after I visited one of those guys in his Dept (was kinda bored) we gist a little and I decided to go to the venue of my next lecture, as I was outside, I saw this Lady with that killer structure I like but hers was endowed with a bit of height, she wasn't the prettiest but was OK by me and loved the skirt she put on.. thank God I didn't dress like a nerd that day, I was determined to speak with her, but she was walking a bit fast maybe she was running late or something.
I trailed closely behind her until a couple of students rushed in our direction behind a rushing classrep I guess. someone bumped into her and she kinda got knocked off balance and was about falling when I grabbed her hand and restored her balance, 1 credit for me smiley she turned around and the look she gave me made me blush, lol eh? I didn't know what she saw in me but she just said in her killer voice "thank you" I was like next time don't rush that way school existed before you and it will after you..
she just said whatever, kinda pissed me off and I said see you around. she waved her hands so I proceeded to my lecture venue. I was surprised when I saw her in there so I just sat some meters behind her, when lectures were over she saw me and said "it's you, thanks for saving me, I just realized what you said was true.. the stupid lecturer even came late" I replied no problem and wooed her a little on her dressing beauty and hairstyle we talked a bit and I got her digits.

I got home that day and forgot about the number until after 4days wen my friends told me they'd found someone and we'll meet in 2days, I now remembered I found someone already, told them to forget about the match making which they agreed.

I called her at night and she was like "hey i was expecting your call so I'd thank you but it never came in" told her I was busy with work and other stuffs, I so loved her voice that I poured out my feelings to her that night, she was like wow!and didn't speak again so I cut the call, 3 days later I called again we spoke at length asked her about what I said and she said she is still considering.
after about 3 weeks, she accepted my proposal, I was so happy. we met 2days later spent time with each other on a Friday afternoon, day after day that fraud called love was getting stronger between us, I have a simple nature so I kept my simple nature between us, not showing off just dress simple and behaved like a normal average guy though I bought her gifts went on road trips (with chattered vehicles) so she would know that I'm well to do. all these kept going for about seven months, we met max twice a week. I never asked for anything in return, just her love though we kissed a couple of times, it never exceeded that.. I never dreamt of sleeping with her anytime soon (thinking our relationship will go far)because I didn't want the thought of sex spoil my mind and ultimately reduce my work productivity. meanwhile all I did for her never pained me ,the numerous shopping and outings etc. just saw it as a need to do.
I decided to introduce her to my friends they spoke normally. she left and they gave me the tongue lashing of my life, said I was dating a slut..
I prayed it was a lie until they invited me to a party 3 days later.
I wore a blue hood with black hood and black sunshades with my plain jeans, we got there I bought the 3 of them 2 plates of Peppersoup each and enough drinks. I didn't take anything cause I was anxious and I don't like alcohol, beer etc only those sweet non alcoholic wines..

then she walked in with 2 guys and 1 girl. she was all over one of the guy... I called her number she went outside and said she was busy reading at home, wow.. she came in after a while I scanned the guys, I was sure they were broke asses, I just kept on watching until she kissed him for about 5mins on the go, i was already burning inside.
I decided to go meet her.. I was like babe watsup. to my greatest shock she introduced me as her fellow church guy, I just played along and left the party.
Re: How My First Attempt At LOVE Broke Me Into Pieces.. by 1stblood: 2:00am On Jan 05, 2017
I got home, completely broken .. I thought about my life and when we first met, the first day I told her I loved her, the first day she also said she loves me back, our first kiss and outing, when she asked if I trust her and I replied yes whole heartedly.. several others..

if I had learnt anything from life is being strong no matter what, but I discovered love is a weakness it leaves you defenseless and torn apart when it fails you..

she called the next morning and said all the lie she could muster, I just composed myself, didn't tell her anything harsh, just told her we were never meant to be together, I was just living the fantasy of having a loving girlfriend, she cried (I know it isn't genuine). I felt weaker and felt like taking her back but I stayed strong, cut the call, blacklisted her number, blocked her on all my socials, thank God I was never too dumb to upload her pics anywhere. I copied all the pics we took together and backed them up on some unknown folder on my desktop, and discarded the SD card.

I couldn't attend lectures for a week, thank God I had no texts that week if not the worst would have happened, she kept on calling with different numbers and I kept on blacklisting them, until maybe she ran out of people to call me with..

throughout, I felt the importance of true friends, my neighbors, though they put me into this shit, I know they just wanted me to experience love before I graduate. they have aided my emotional recovery ever since.. it's one month now, I saw her twice but completely ignored her even when she just kept talking to me... all in all,
I've learnt some lessons,
perhaps my greatest mistake was not showing her to my friends in time. but I now know true friends stand by you at all time...
love and trust is difficult to merge..
never put in 100% of your heart into any relationship until it's due to advance to the next level..

I've happily moved on, but anytime I see her I still feel that weakness, and bitterness, but I'm grateful to God I didn't do anything bad to myself throughout when I was heartbroken!

learn for my experience, and I hope none of you experience the same fate as I !
I don't think I see myself loving anyone for a long time, due to this! even if I would, I'm certain it won't be a Nigerian or African.

thanks for reading, i had to open another account to post this, don't want my friends to see this, they are nairalanders too.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How My First Attempt At LOVE Broke Me Into Pieces.. by oluwashedy: 8:02am On Jan 05, 2017
Finding and falling in love as an undergraduate in the university is rubbish..... I once had similar experience some months back.... The incident spurred me up academically. I got the best grade ever

1 Like

Re: How My First Attempt At LOVE Broke Me Into Pieces.. by samdavjustin(m): 8:20am On Jan 05, 2017
Poo happens in a relationship that's the risk you take when u get into one. Cheer up, try again and u might hit the jack pot.

1 Like

Re: How My First Attempt At LOVE Broke Me Into Pieces.. by Nobody: 8:47am On Jan 05, 2017
it pains me when pple like u with a small experience will just come out and rubbish love, bro hw will u claim love doesn't exist or whatever ur claims are? u felt it,lived it had NYC time with it.just cos ur partner had a life or cheated on u doesn't mean love hurts o, see base on ur story well won't blame you ,u boldly said its ur first time, non the less love is a feeling you don't have control over, it cums take u and changes you.

talking about the gal u left now did u ever try to knw abt her life before u came in the picture? see nobody his a saint, ever wonder who falls in love with a prostitute and marry her? did he die? she had a life u did little in letting love lead, in d process of u being in love you didn't allow ur head to gv u access to knw how to control it, she even tried calling u self DAT is to say she felt something fr u.....don't worry pple will gist u abt players, cheats and scammers den u will knw u made a mistake

u still dey grow
Re: How My First Attempt At LOVE Broke Me Into Pieces.. by smoby(m): 9:06am On Jan 05, 2017
Guess everyman must experience..... It(heart broke)....... I have passed this stage and its has made me a man..... Women u can never trust them....... But dis I want u to know NEva give them ur heart 100% or better still never give them ur heart......... Anyway brother..... I want to talk to you about something.... Pls m waiting for ur reply..... Thanks
Re: How My First Attempt At LOVE Broke Me Into Pieces.. by firstking01(m): 9:12am On Jan 05, 2017
Again, love and relationships on campus is full of drama, fantasies, heartbreaks and etcs....the best is fwbs.
Re: How My First Attempt At LOVE Broke Me Into Pieces.. by 1stblood: 1:02pm On Jan 05, 2017
askibee:
it pains me when pple like u with a small experience will just come out and rubbish love, bro hw will u claim love doesn't exist or whatever ur claims are? u felt it,lived it had NYC time with it.just cos ur partner had a life or cheated on u doesn't mean love hurts o, see base on ur story well won't blame you ,u boldly said its ur first time, non the less love is a feeling you don't have control over, it cums take u and changes you.

u still dey grow

yes man i think the mistake i made was not getting to know her deeply, I tried using my head at First when I noticed something off about her two months into our relationship among others I noticed also, but I'm too busy a person to go start digging about her and getting to know maybe her friends, I just squeeze my Tuesday and Saturday afternoon/evenings just to be with her...

speaking about the calls, my friends still showed me pictures of her with some random guy, different from guy I saw at the club after they accidentally saw her leaving shoprite the week we broke up, and still few others at night clubs..so that had it done...

Thanks for the advise tho...
although being loved feels good but when you're over dedicated to it and it fails you its painful, maybe I'd just change the intro. peace bro smiley

1 Like

Re: How My First Attempt At LOVE Broke Me Into Pieces.. by 1stblood: 1:04pm On Jan 05, 2017
smoby:
Guess everyman must experience..... It(heart broke)....... I have passed this stage and its has made me a man..... Women u can never trust them....... But dis I want u to know NEva give them ur heart 100% or better still never give them ur heart......... Anyway brother..... I want to talk to you about something.... Pls m waiting for ur reply..... Thanks
thanks bro.

I'm guessing what you want to ask me, hope I'll guess right thowink
Re: How My First Attempt At LOVE Broke Me Into Pieces.. by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jan 05, 2017
1stblood:

yes man i think the mistake i made was not getting to know her deeply, I tried using my head at First when I noticed something off about her two months into our relationship among others I noticed also, but I'm too busy a person to go start digging about her and getting to know maybe her friends, I just squeeze my Tuesday and Saturday afternoon/evenings just to be with her...

speaking about the calls, my friends still showed me pictures of her with some random guy, different from guy I saw at the club after they accidentally saw her leaving shoprite the week we broke up, and still few others at night clubs..so that had it done...

Thanks for the advise tho...
although being loved feels good but when you're over dedicated to it and it fails you its painful, maybe I'd just change the intro. peace bro smiley

hmmmm.........i feel ur pain bro, but to gain more experience after like a while be frends with her and try chatting her up u will be shocked to ur nerve wat u wil find out, i can guess her story sha but get to find out ur self it helps with experience getting.
Re: How My First Attempt At LOVE Broke Me Into Pieces.. by Bluezy13(m): 2:38pm On Jan 05, 2017
hmmm...

For those who love
Re: How My First Attempt At LOVE Broke Me Into Pieces.. by smoby(m): 2:41pm On Jan 05, 2017
1stblood:

thanks bro.

I'm guessing what you want to ask me, hope I'll guess right thowink
please teach me ways u make money online....
Re: How My First Attempt At LOVE Broke Me Into Pieces.. by 1stblood: 9:55pm On Jan 05, 2017
smoby:
please teach me ways u make money online....
I'll send you a PM
Re: How My First Attempt At LOVE Broke Me Into Pieces.. by fergieboy: 10:13pm On Jan 05, 2017
1stblood:

I'll send you a PM
Bro me too.. Wanna make cool cash like you

Sent a pm
Re: How My First Attempt At LOVE Broke Me Into Pieces.. by luminouz(m): 10:21pm On Jan 05, 2017
1stblood:
I got home, completely broken .. I thought about my life and when we first met, the first day I told her I loved her, the first day she also said she loves me back, our first kiss and outing, when she asked if I trust her and I replied yes whole heartedly.. several others..

if I had learnt anything from life is being strong no matter what, but I discovered love is a weakness it leaves you defenseless and torn apart when it fails you..

she called the next morning and said all the lie she could muster, I just composed myself, didn't tell her anything harsh, just told her we were never meant to be together, I was just living the fantasy of having a loving girlfriend, she cried (I know it isn't genuine). I felt weaker and felt like taking her back but I stayed strong, cut the call, blacklisted her number, blocked her on all my socials, thank God I was never too dumb to upload her pics anywhere. I copied all the pics we took together and backed them up on some unknown folder on my desktop, and discarded the SD card.

I couldn't attend lectures for a week, thank God I had no texts that week if not the worst would have happened, she kept on calling with different numbers and I kept on blacklisting them, until maybe she ran out of people to call me with..

throughout, I felt the importance of true friends, my neighbors, though they put me into this shit, I know they just wanted me to experience love before I graduate. they have aided my emotional recovery ever since.. it's one month now, I saw her twice but completely ignored her even when she just kept talking to me... all in all,
I've learnt some lessons,
perhaps my greatest mistake was not showing her to my friends in time. but I now know true friends stand by you at all time...
love and trust is difficult to merge..
never put in 100% of your heart into any relationship until it's due to advance to the next level..

I've happily moved on, but anytime I see her I still feel that weakness, and bitterness, but I'm grateful to God I didn't do anything bad to myself throughout when I was heartbroken!

learn for my experience, and I hope none of you experience the same fate as I !
I don't think I see myself loving anyone for a long time, due to this! even if I would, I'm certain it won't be a Nigerian or African.

thanks for reading, i had to open another account to post this, don't want my friends to see this, they are nairalanders too.
Welcome to d club bro! Its just a phase! U learned from it n moved on stronger!
I ask myself this..is it a crime to be a nice guy? Coz she played u for a sucker n probably begged u so she won't lose her ATM...U!
Re: How My First Attempt At LOVE Broke Me Into Pieces.. by 1stblood: 10:33pm On Jan 05, 2017
luminouz:

Welcome to d club bro! Its just a phase! U learned from it n moved on stronger!
I ask myself this..is it a crime to be a nice guy? Coz she played u for a sucker n probably begged u so she won't lose her ATM...U!

lol Man, that last sentence made me feel like an idiot...maybe to her I was her ATM, but I was just being nice...
Re: How My First Attempt At LOVE Broke Me Into Pieces.. by luminouz(m): 10:37pm On Jan 05, 2017
1stblood:

lol Man, that last sentence made me feel like an idiot...maybe to her I was her ATM, but I was just being nice...
I tell u bro! Some dumb women see nice men DAT way.....Ur being nice is never a crime....her taking u for a fool is! N some women on NL won't come in n comment now when one of them fvcks up.

As chairman IDGAF crew....I will default on Ur case.....n give u two fvcks......really sorry about d breakup! grin
Re: How My First Attempt At LOVE Broke Me Into Pieces.. by 1stblood: 10:38pm On Jan 05, 2017
fergieboy:
Bro me too.. Wanna make cool cash like you
Sent a pm
check your mail. you're welcome
Re: How My First Attempt At LOVE Broke Me Into Pieces.. by 1stblood: 10:41pm On Jan 05, 2017
luminouz:

I tell u bro! Some dumb women see nice men DAT way.....Ur being nice is never a crime....her taking u for a fool is! N some women on NL won't come in n comment now when one of them fvcks up.

As chairman IDGAF crew....I will default on Ur case.....n give u two fvcks......really sorry about d breakup! grin

Hahahahahahahahahahahahhaha, lwkmd.
nawa for you oo, don't drag nairaland ladies into this na.
but you're very funny... lol
I just forgot all I wanted to type just to tell you you're funny... grin
Re: How My First Attempt At LOVE Broke Me Into Pieces.. by luminouz(m): 10:44pm On Jan 05, 2017
1stblood:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahhaha, lwkmd.
nawa for you oo, don't drag nairaland ladies into this na.
but you're very funny... lol
I just forgot all I wanted to type just to tell you you're funny... grin
Glad I made u laugh! So..can I get a mail too? Any extra cash flow avenue is welcome o.....Mr istblood! cheesy tongue
Re: How My First Attempt At LOVE Broke Me Into Pieces.. by 1stblood: 10:49pm On Jan 05, 2017
luminouz:

Glad I made u laugh! So..can I get a mail too? Any extra cash flow avenue is welcome o.....Mr istblood! cheesy tongue

grin nawa ooo!
no p Na, but I must tell you, it's not easy oo... those guys might never dare to stay that patient, I was cause I had a stable source of Internet connection you know data is quite expensive, and I was backed up by my dad, so I wasn't in a rush..
let me hint you, it took me approx 8months to make my first $0.80 you can understand now+ crazy hardwork
Re: How My First Attempt At LOVE Broke Me Into Pieces.. by Divay22(f): 11:11pm On Jan 05, 2017
Sorry about what happened to you,Everybody has gone through heartbreak that has made them change their orientation or views about love,but love is what we all need,Pls don't let just what one girl did to you change your mind about the billions of (Nigeria) girls out there ,She wasn't worth it,Too bad you met the wrong one at first.....
Let just say You met the wrong one, so you can or will appreciate the right one when you finally get to see her................
Re: How My First Attempt At LOVE Broke Me Into Pieces.. by luminouz(m): 11:29pm On Jan 05, 2017
1stblood:

grin nawa ooo!
no p Na, but I must tell you, it's not easy oo... those guys might never dare to stay that patient, I was cause I had a stable source of Internet connection you know data is quite expensive, and I was backed up by my dad, so I wasn't in a rush..
let me hint you, it took me approx 8months to make my first $0.80 you can understand now+ crazy hardwork
Jesu!!! Dats a lotta hard work right there! I will try my best n with u as my teacher/mentor ...I won't do so bad!
Thanks for sharing bro..I appreciate it! cheesy grin
Re: How My First Attempt At LOVE Broke Me Into Pieces.. by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jan 05, 2017
1stblood:

If you truly love, this is going to be your fear. But heck! With matters of Love it's "go all the way or go home", Bruh.

Allow yourself have another ride sometime soon.

1 Like

Re: How My First Attempt At LOVE Broke Me Into Pieces.. by 1stblood: 11:40pm On Jan 05, 2017
luminouz:

Jesu!!! Dats a lotta hard work right there! I will try my best n with u as my teacher/mentor ...I won't do so bad!
Thanks for sharing bro..I appreciate it! cheesy grin
lol, I can't mentor you ooo, with the guideline I'll send you, you'll meet better mentors than myself, me self dey find who go mentor me!
Re: How My First Attempt At LOVE Broke Me Into Pieces.. by 1stblood: 11:45pm On Jan 05, 2017
Divay22:
Sorry about what happened to you,Everybody has gone through heartbreak that has made them change their orientation or views about love,but love is what we all need

thanks.. and about not loving a Nigerian again, I was just ranting ni oo.. no one knows the future tho!

1 Like

Re: How My First Attempt At LOVE Broke Me Into Pieces.. by Bluezy13(m): 12:14am On Jan 06, 2017
Divay22:
Sorry about what happened to you,Everybody has gone through heartbreak that has made them change their orientation or views about love,but love is what we all need,Pls don't let just what one girl did to you change your mind about the billions of (Nigeria) girls out there ,She wasn't worth it,Too bad you met the wrong one at first.....
Let just say You met the wrong one, so you can or will appreciate the right one when you finally get to see her................

Hey, not everybody!
Re: How My First Attempt At LOVE Broke Me Into Pieces.. by 1stblood: 12:20am On Jan 06, 2017
Bluezy13:
Hey, not everybody!
lol
Re: How My First Attempt At LOVE Broke Me Into Pieces.. by Bluezy13(m): 12:21am On Jan 06, 2017
askibee:

talking about the gal u left now did u ever try to knw abt her life before u came in the picture? see nobody his a saint, ever wonder who falls in love with a prostitute and marry her? did he die? she had a life u did little in letting love lead, in d process of u being in love you didn't allow ur head to gv u access to knw how to control it, she even tried calling u self DAT is to say she felt something fr u.....don't worry pple will gist u abt players, cheats and scammers den u will knw u made a mistake

u still dey grow

Nice write up,
But allow me to correct an impression;
She even tried calling him not because she felt something for him, but because she missed what they shared; and that's the attention, care, advantages etc.
It's not about her feelings but proceedings of his own feelings for her.
Hey, this is someone you lied to that you were reading and multiplied the lie by outrightly denying him right before his own eyes after he caught you over a fellow guy o not your parents, guardian, or someone one would understand.

2 Likes

Re: How My First Attempt At LOVE Broke Me Into Pieces.. by killsmith(f): 12:40am On Jan 06, 2017
I met my ex in the first week in the uni....then split with her the same month we did our project defense....cos some random dude came around talking about marriage....
The painful thing about heartbreaks is the feeling of regrets....regrets don't go away easily.... They're always there....
Be friends with her....you'd feel a lot better...
Re: How My First Attempt At LOVE Broke Me Into Pieces.. by Divay22(f): 1:35am On Jan 06, 2017
Bluezy13:

Hey, not everybody!
oh you've not yet....
I pray you don't
Re: How My First Attempt At LOVE Broke Me Into Pieces.. by Bluezy13(m): 1:38am On Jan 06, 2017
Divay22:
oh you've not yet.... I pray you don't
Needless the prayer cos I already don't

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Most Relationships Break Up? / I Live In Trafford, Uk.i'm Rich My People / How My Dad Best Friend F**k Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.